Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,274 members, 7,807,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Smokers Are Liable To Die Young - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Smokers Are Liable To Die Young (2348 Views)

Born To Die / How Will The Beautiful Ones Remain Unborn While The Ugly Ones Refuse To Die. / The Way I Would Like To Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smokers Are Liable To Die Young by 360prince(m): 11:29pm On Oct 09, 2013
~ *~PROLOG~ *~ This story is a true life story. It happened to my uncle. His smoking act was so terrible that even ppl who smokes as well will come and giv him advice never to smoke much. He died young due to his smoking habit, and many more added to make up his dead end.

1 Like

Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young by 360prince(m): 11:34pm On Oct 09, 2013
= Acknowledgement= followers or any guest. Pls know that this topic is not to be photocopy by any means or any act. Pls obey the rules of nairaland.
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young by 360prince(m): 11:37pm On Oct 09, 2013
Pls bear with me my follower or any viewer of this page. I will want you guys to know that the story is not gonna be written tonight. I promise to write start writing it tomorrow. Sleep well and God bless you.
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young by 360prince(m): 8:25am On Oct 10, 2013
On one faithful day, i woke up to heard my mum cream on phone. She was very happy that day and i ask her why she was full of joy that very morning. She said my dad called her to tell her she was coming back home to take me. Two days later my dad arrived. She was happy to see me in healthy condition. Dad am so happy to see you!' i said after he had finished eating. Yah am happy to see you too. He said, by the way how is school?. Dad everything is all right ..' i said. Tell your mum to get everything prepared for you, we are leaving next week. He said this and walk away. Moments later my mum came back from where she went to, i informed her about everything.

1 Like

Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young by 360prince(m): 8:51am On Oct 10, 2013
The following morning was a great day as well, because i spent time with my day that morning before he went out. Spending moment with someone you hav not seen for more than 10 years is worth being glad for. When he was settle (my dad), he gist me about how he struggled in kano state. He also tell me about the crises. The following day i spent my time doing all sort of house work lik cleaning, dusting, arranging things. After all works of the day, i went to the stream and took my bath, came back home headed to my friends places to inform them that i will be leaving next week to kano state to finish my secondary school. Mum was so glad that i will be leaving her, and i will hav no power to proved my stuborness to my dad. All went well, untill it was finally the week we prepared to travell.

2 Likes

Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young by glo3nity: 10:07am On Oct 10, 2013
I like your story for one thing, even though it has no action in it or hasn't begin yet it leaves me with this curiousity to know more which is actually what's called SUSPENCE in literature.

What a nice way to begin, following...
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young by 360prince(m): 10:27am On Oct 10, 2013
glo3nity: I like your story for one thing, even though it has no action in it or hasn't begin yet it leaves me with this curiousity to know more which is actually what's called SUSPENCE in literature.

Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young by 360prince(m): 10:28am On Oct 10, 2013
glo3nity: I like your story for one thing, even though it has no action in it or hasn't begin yet it leaves me with this curiousity to know more which is actually what's called SUSPENCE in literature.

. THANKS FOR COMMENTING ON THIS THREAD. Well i promise to raise a tempo very soon. Story lik this always start slowly before climaxing. So pls stay tune and enjoy.
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young by 360prince(m): 11:18am On Oct 10, 2013
It was very sunny the day we travelled, good atmospheric temperature. We Prepared and moved from eket motor park to uyo motor park, from there we went to board a bus we will enter. We saw different buses or should i call luxiriou buses to kano state. We waited there to hav the travelling tickets. My dad walk up to the receptionist to collect the tickets for two people. Everything was arranged and we headed to where we can enter the bus. We started the journey. PRAISE BE TO GOD..! Someone at the back seat shouted. Everyone at the front seat turn to look who the person was. Here stood a man, looking lik my grandfather who died many years ago, saying..My brothers and sisters in the lord, lets pray to God that this journey we are going on be something we can testify for. He did not even finish what he wanted to say when another young man (youth or teenager) behind me ask..." OGA NA GOOD OR BAD TESTIMONY WE GO GIVE..?". Everyone one started shouting, telling the the man who called himself pastor to seat down. I had nothing to do, so i decided to play my music. It started getting darker by 9:30 and we were still driving all of a sudden someone spoil the fresh air. I did'nt know who did it, because you dont expect me to go round and smell their bottom to know the person who that it. Everywhere was smelling lik a dead fish that has been rotten for 3days. Some people started vomiting what they ate from the park to substance their hunger. One hausa guy did something that really annoyed me, he came to my place, sat by the side of my seat. I was hoping he wanted to relax there for a while before going back to his seat. But i was wrong, he face my direction and vomited on me. It was disgusting tho...! But what will i do to him...?(slap him, kick him, or just giving him a punch will be a good idea). So i thought. I noticed something, he was drunk, and he had a packet of cigerrete in his pocket. But in the morning something we didnt expect happen in the bus. *TO BE CONTINUED*

1 Like

Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young by 360prince(m): 4:14pm On Oct 10, 2013
***CONTINUETION*** finally after struggling through out that night in the bus perceiving the smelling odour of the drunk man, we urgently needed help of the driver, we pleaded with the driver to stop by the road side in order to hav good breath as humans and not lik [pigs] of course you know where pigs stays *WINKS*. The driver drove to where he can freely parked his bus. We all came out of the bus with intentions of recieving fresh air that is good for the body , but it came to us as a shocking news, when one of the passengers came out and told us that one is dead in the bus. We all peep to see who the person was, it was very painful that someone died in the bus [the man who vomited on me]. Some people started shouting... Saying something lik ~~ "pastor why didnt you force us to pray..! ". Many options came up, all this descended on the man [pastor]. Some where afraid to enter the bus, some where shocked that they started wondering if this is how people die..(as in, you see someone today, and next thing you can hear is dead). Well we decided to pray, even those that do not know anything about the christians, people lik{muslims, papa-lawo}, we all prayed together. ===we enter the bus, everyone praying in his /her heart the way they know how to pray best. The bus moves for about miles before an accident happened that destroyed a young man life. The driver was on high speed, he was actually smoking when this terrible event happened. And this is what happened.... *TO BE CONTINUED*
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young by DisneyAngel(f): 7:50pm On Oct 10, 2013
Prince where are u
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young by 360prince(m): 10:25pm On Oct 10, 2013
DisneyAngel: Prince where are u
. Hello...!!! DISNEYANGEL, am here with you. Keep on reading.
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young by 360prince(m): 11:21pm On Oct 10, 2013
***CONTINUETION*** We started prayer meeting right there in the bus. It was some how funny the way people prayed, because many of us there started asking God for forgiveness. A man was praying and he started confessing how he slept with his landlords wife before arranging for his travelling, { 'he prayed so that when he died, his soul will be taken by GOD' }. After the prayer some people were thirsty for water and food to eat to keep them strong through out the journey. People who had the money to buy snacks quickly buy theirs through the bus windows, while some people claim down from the bus to buy things they want or needed. The driver too did go out to relax in the near by bar to have rest or whatever. I barely could not move myself to go and urinate or at least go out to buy and relax, because of the event that took place days back, [ I was weak, feeling dizzy too ] . Prince...! How are you doing ?. you look weak, and your face look so sad, whats the problem..? ' My dad ask'. emm.. ยก, Dad..i...i...am just having this cronic headach right now, ' i said '.My dad did not even allow me to finish what i was complaining about, he just disappeared(move quickly) without me blinking my eyes twice. He reached to where he sighted a chemist , and bought some tablets and a bottle of water. On his way coming back, the driver had already entered the bus getting ready to leave. I quickly called my dad to come immediately that the bus is leaving, but i was too late for that. The bus left without carrying my dad. I complain to the driver but he gave deaf ears to my voice. Everyone in the bus started complaining how wicked the driver man was, by leaving someone [my dad] behind.~~~~~ {I dont blame the driver, i only blame the ciggarrete, and the strong alcohol he took before starting the bus}. I shouted at him, because it was lik my low voice i use in speaking to him was'nt loud enough for him to hear[ it was obvious i did'nt hear me the first time]. When i shouted at him, he turn and commanded me to go back to my seat. No one supported what he did tho..!, but an insult from the passengers made him mad. He drove us as if (we paid for him to kill us by bus)*SIGHT*, the little mistake he made, threw the bus to the road side with the speech he drove us, not too long or should i say, in 15 munites time, we heard something lik[.... BANG...!!! ]. The bus stop, and everyone came out to see that the bus was destroy at the front beyond repairs, and by the other road side led a messedisben, it was totally damaged from the front to every part of the body. Actually no one died but the other man who had the mesedisbens had an injury. We took the man to the nearest hospital for treatment. The bills was left for us to pay since it was our drivers fault that causes the accident. Argument took place since all the passengers were ask to pay, but we all refused to pay for the bills and thats when the black on black out took control [ police ] :-) or got involved in the matter.***TO BE CONTINUED***
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young by 360prince(m): 12:10am On Oct 11, 2013
===CONTINUETION=== When the police got involve in the case it got worst. Imagin police taking both the driver and passengers to the police station for questioning. One thing provoked me at the police station. One police man with a protruding belli came out from no where and ask why we are here. All of una be criminal..!" he asked. No one answer him any way but am sure everyone one had answers to his silly question in their minds. After all the interrogations by this big belli man, we were told to stand out side. One of the passengers was called out to confirm what our driver reported. The man said..' oga police, dis driver na smoke him smoke so teh....! Him carry us go jam "BAM..", and the man also reported about my own case. I was summon some munites later to come and report as well. I explained everything to them, how it started and how everything ended too. After that..something took place" INTERROGATIONS". The same police man i explained things to started asking me { WAEC~QUESTIONS} lik, whats your age..?, whats your height...?, whats your name..?, where are you from...?. In my own mind, this was my answers {my age is 419, my height is 1 inch, my name is freeme, where i come from is GOD knows where or NO MANS LAND}*chuckle*. And i had only 2 answers to it, lik "YES..! or NO..!" ~just as waec does at times, either TRUE or FALSE. i wonder why nigerian police the be lik this, instead of them to go out there and look for my dad, he is here giving me (something lik that of frank edogo *winks*)' yes or no. I said this to no one in particular' after spending about 2hours at the police station, my dad finally came. I also told him about what happened to us, and what brought us to the police station. As for the man that was injured, i did'nt really know if our bus driver pays for his bill or not, all i know was that i was happy seeing my dad again. We hop (lik frog) into the bus and drove off. After crossing the river niger, we pass many other states lik, kaduna etc to a state quoting this : [MOTOR: center of commerce]. Thats kano state. ** TO BE CONTINUED**

1 Like

Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young by 360prince(m): 10:33am On Oct 12, 2013
==CONTINUETION== Kano state is one of the nicest place in nigeria. It is also know as the center of commerce, because trading are mostly done there more than any other part in nigeria. This was my first time being here. We stop at the international bus park in kano, boarded a taxi to our different destinations. My dad and i move along in one bus, from there we walk with our foots, to where my dad lives. ~~~~~~~~~~~The house was an apartment, containing 15 rooms, with two bath rooms and two toilets for every tenant. In the compound occupied different people from different tribes or states, speaking their different languages. My uncle too was living there, his name is (MAN-TU-BO). He is a cool and gentle man, but the only things that force him to display or show stupidity at times was his smoking act. ~~~~~~~~ My uncle lived an un-godly life style. He was a member of a strong powerful church (MOUNTAIN OF FIRE MINISTRY), but he stopped going to church, when he started the habit of smoking and drinking. There in the compound lived a man who was addicted to smoking as well since when he was 17 years of age. The two of them do seat outside the compound shade to smoke 15 packets of ciggarette at a spot. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ One faithful monday evening when they sat down to gist, and argument took place and the two smokers started fighting. It was a deadly fight that spilt blood. [Continue reading to know how it happened] *giggle* *TO BE CONTINUED*
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young by 360prince(m): 3:09pm On Oct 14, 2013
*CONTINUATION* i sat down to watch them fight. They were actually throwing stones and sticks at each other. But i wonder why they settle down together again to smoke that moment after they had fought (smoking is not good, it controls you). ~~~~~later on, the case close like that, no one interrupted their personal fight. That evening i went outside to recieve some fresh air, my uncle came to seat where i was seated. He gist me about kano, and how he spent 30years in kano since when he was 17. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~i got tired to stay outside. I informed my uncle that am going inside to sleep, "sir, am going inside" i said, as i stood up to go. "you don tire to seat here talk to me?" my uncle asked. "I just need to have some rest"i said. He stood up too, and said, come my room come watch movie. I agreed and followed him. But when i get to his room, i nearly vomited by what my eyes saw.. * To be continued**
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young by 360prince(m): 9:18pm On Oct 15, 2013
*CONTINUATION* when my uncle opened the door of his room. He move in to seat down, and brought out a cigar to smoke. I could'nt stand to scent the odour of his room, it was smelling like a rotten dead animal, and cigarrete packers where litred everywhere on the floor. He called me to come in and seat down on a chair my the corner, but i refused to go in and seat, due to how the smell of the cigar irritates me. He noticed that i did'nt like the smell, so in order for him to make me come into his room, he stood up , move to where i guess he kept something. I was actually waiting to see what he will bring out. Not too long after he had searched the place, he brought out a perfum to spray. ************** "you may now come in and have a seat" my uncle said. "erm.. No i guess i have to go now, my dad is back" i said, as i stood up to leave. As i walk towards the door, he call me and show me pictures of him standing necked. It was now know to me that he was.smiley. *TO BE CONTINUED*
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young by 360prince(m): 2:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
Pls followers it been long time since i abandoned this thread. I promise to up date tonight for those who are interested in reading it. Thanks. Drop your comment.
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young by 360prince(m): 12:20pm On Oct 20, 2013
Pls followers it been long time since i abandoned this thread. I promise to up date tonight for those who are interested in reading it. Thanks. Drop your comment. Am gonna continue this story soon. Pls stay tune
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young by DisneyAngel(f): 6:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
Ok we dey wait
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young by 360prince(m): 12:41am On Oct 23, 2013
DisneyAngel: Ok we dey wait
. Are you sure that you are following this thread at all. Well it been long time since we last chat. So where have you been hiding ?
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young by 360prince(m): 2:26pm On Oct 24, 2013
I promise to up date this thread to night. Thanks everyone
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young by Nadoson: 8:55am On Dec 16, 2013
Im in d bus
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young by 360prince(m): 9:57am On Dec 16, 2013
Nadoson: Im in d bus
grin I hope you ain't smoking?
Re: Smokers Are Liable To Die Young by Aipete2(f): 11:00am On Aug 01, 2014
Come n update oh

(1) (Reply)

The Hands Of Time. / The Ivory Towers - the Good and Bad Life on Campus / Research Paper And A Report- Whats The Difference?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.