Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED (77803 Views)

Discussion / Tithe And The True Storehouse - Malachi 3:10 / The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 10, 2013
EMILO2STAY: pls let me ask what is this spiritual devourer, because i only know of physical devourers which are nothing but insects
Firstly God is a Spirit.God was speaking thru malachi to the priests and jewish nation in that particular scripture.

Secondly God never called 'the devourer an "IT" but a "HE"

Thirdly we know insects are "it" not he.

Fourtly a devourer can be a symbolism for a type of satan,just like legion,beelzebub,serpents,dragon,prince of persia,roaring lion etc..

Fifthly, God can use symbols and parables to convey spiritual truths and realities just like Jesus used symbols and parables in His day to explain the kingdom of God.

Lastly even though God was speaking the israel as a nation in that book of malachi,there are spiritual truths and principle we can glean from that book that can affect our present day church and that is why it is called THE BIBLE not a jewish history book.

Thanks and stay rapturable.

4 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 11:51am On Oct 10, 2013
swtchicgurl: GOSHEN,

This thread solidly confirms you know NOTHING (NOT A LITTLE, NOTHING) about the Word of God nor spiritual understanding.

Becareful man, the "Letter is killing you" @ Cor. 3:6 cry

Have you ever heard of spiritual devourers?! Where exactly do you make up these 'teachings' from?

I advised you to ask the Holy Spirit for help when studying the Bible and you have obviously refused.

Becareful, keep your errors to yourself, stop making other people err!

Don't stir up the consequences of turning other people from the truth.

You may not may not get the chance to reconcile with all the people you turned from the truth! Be careful!
so tithe collectors can nt preach this tithe fraud without issueing threats?

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 12:05pm On Oct 10, 2013
Bidam: Firstly God is a Spirit.God was speaking thru malachi to the priests and jewish nation in that particular scripture.

Fourtly a devourer can be a symbolism for a type of satan,just like legion,beelzebub,serpents,dragon,prince of persia,roaring lion etc..

Fifthly, God can use symbols and parables to convey spiritual truths and realities just like Jesus used symbols and parables in His day to explain the kingdom of God.

Lastly even though God was speaking the israel as a nation in that book of malachi,there are spiritual truths and principle we can glean from that book that can affect our present day church and that is why it is called THE BIBLE not a jewish history book.

Bidam, God bless for accepting this truth 'finally'. GOD WAS SPEAKING TO THE PRIESTS AND THE JEWISH NATION IN MALACHI not christians ,, and that was why God also reminded them to remember to obey the commandment and all the rules he gave to them tro Moses in Malachi4:4. So nne of d hardliners of tithe has come to this truth dat malachi3:8-11 HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CHRISTIANS. God bless prophet Bidam.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by swtchicgurl: 12:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
God2man:

By the Grace of God, i am a member of MFM, so, Let's see what the OP will say about his church.

God2man,

I am too. smiley

Image123:
methinks he needs some humility.

my thoughts exactly! i just decided not to write earlier. it's quite disturbing when an open display of ungodly confidence!

christemmbassey: so tithe collectors can nt preach this tithe fraud without issueing threats?

who made me a tithe collector and since when did Biblical truth become a threat? smh! grin

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 12:10pm On Oct 10, 2013
[quote author=Bidam]Firstly God is a Spirit.God was speaking thru malachi to the priests and jewish nation in that particular scripture.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Gombs(m): 12:49pm On Oct 10, 2013
I am from Believers Love World aka Christ Embassy, I pay tithe

Let's see what the OP will say about his church.

BTW I'm just passing by...don't quote me...cos I won't reply you!

Cheers
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by frevangel(m): 1:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
marvelling: @Goshen360 which church you dey go sef? This your write up is against mainstream pentecostal teachings of our day.
But at the time you post this all that Goshen had done was quote Bible. Does this not tell you something about "mainstream" teachings.
@Goshen, a friend drew my attention to this sometime last year.
There ar some many grey areas in the doctrine of tithing as taught today.
Notice that many of those who support tithing actually DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE FACT THAT YOU ARE QUOTING FROM THE SAME BIBLE and actually encouraging them to study.
Christians are now afraid to study the Bible for themselves. Afraid to tell their church leaders where they missed it yet we see Paul commending the Berean church in Acts 17:11 for confirming the scriptures for themselves.

10 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 10, 2013
I do agree with the OP and it has been well known for ages. The problems occur when you take bible verses out of context, it is very clear that Malachi 3: 8-12 is not referring to a failure to tithe, rather it is referring to greedy, thieving priests overseeing the distribution of the tithes from the storehouses and withholding choice portions for themselves of what was to be shared equally.

I should point out also that the ‘’devourer’’ (Aklm)referred to in the book of Malachi, and beloved of pastors who use it to put the frighteners on their already impoverished non-tithe paying congregants was basically a malevolent Canaanite deity reminiscent of the humble grasshopper.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by opeano(m): 1:23pm On Oct 10, 2013
Weldon goshen. He who has ears, if he refuses to hear, show him d writings, if he reduses to see, get him earpiece/aid. I know history will not forget u for dis wonderful freedom movement u r startin. Our people must b free, ignorance is never an excuse. U all need to understand how. God operates. My church is against tithe and all over d country and outside, d same doctrine we uphold.

4 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by adebayo201: 1:24pm On Oct 10, 2013
I'm enjoying this
jst keep it cool !
still following with my Bible at one hand and my phone the other
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 10, 2013
God2man: Mr.man, you ran away from the other thread with the promise you will give us, 10 Anti-tithe churches, here you are teaching about a doctrine that you know is NEVER familiar with the believe of all churches all over the world.

Anti-tithe doctrine is alien to christianity all over the world.

All the Anti-tithe churches you have been mentioning are from U.S, none is from Nigeria.

Where do you get this satanic doctrine?

There is only one Answer, PIT OF HELL.

God bless you.

God2man.

Tithes tithes gringringrin Una want use God name dey chop? Leave Church members make dem give una from their minds, don't make it a lawgrin We are NOT under the law my friend....Faith in Christ to Salvation, no time; that's what I have been learning from Apostle Paul's epistles & others! Yeye Church owners gringringringrin

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by swtchicgurl: 1:40pm On Oct 10, 2013
fr_evangel:
But at the time you post this all that Goshen had done was quote Bible. Does this not tell you something about "mainstream" teachings.
@Goshen, a friend drew my attention to this sometime last year.
There ar some many grey areas in the doctrine of tithing as taught today.
Notice that many of those who support tithing actually DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE FACT THAT YOU ARE QUOTING FROM THE SAME BIBLE and actually encouraging them to study.
Christians are now afraid to study the Bible for themselves. Afraid to tell their church leaders where they missed it yet we see Paul commending the Berean church in Acts 17:11 for confirming the scriptures for themselves.

Sarassin: I do agree with the OP and it has been well known for ages. The problems occur when you take bible verses out of context, it is very clear that Malachi 3: 8-12 is not referring to a failure to tithe, rather it is referring to greedy, thieving priests overseeing the distribution of the tithes from the storehouses and withholding choice portions for themselves of what was to be shared equally.

I should point out also that the ‘’devourer’’ (Aklm)referred to in the book of Malachi, and beloved of pastors who use it to put the frighteners on their already impoverished non-tithe paying congregants was basically a malevolent Canaanite deity reminiscent of the humble grasshopper.

why don't you just do yourselves the little favour of looking through some other threads where all these have been discussed...hopefully, you will pick up some vital information. Importantly, open your hearts to wisdom. God bless.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by DrummaBoy(m): 1:46pm On Oct 10, 2013
I would have wished that Goshen put the whole teaching in two or three posts @ the most. This piecemeal presentations will only allow gainsayers to display their legendary ignorance.

That said. There is nothing new about the devourer God is speaking of in Malachi; its simply an extension of the curses he had spoken about if Israel breaks His laws in Leviticus and Deuteronomy. The fact that curses and devourers are mentioned at all in this passage shows that this scripture is speaking to Jews under a law, which if broken will come under a curse and a devourer; not Christian. If there is a spiritual devourer at all, they are the fact that Pentecostal teachers know little and their followers know nothing. There is no passage in the NT that teaches Christians are cursed or can be cursed. Rather, we are delivered from the curse of the law. And are blessed, Eph 1:3.

The fact that tithing is a popular doctrine doesnt make it true: Broad is the way that leads to destruction.

'Nouph said.

8 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 10, 2013
The letter killeth but d spirit giveth life ,my advice to christian always is never to interprete d bible wit men's wisdom because d wisdom of men is like foolishness unto God ..as God 4 his wisdom and his spirit to be able to understand it bible .. .meanwhile if it's not greediness n stingines wat will make u go search scriptures just to back up ur selfish reason 4 not payin tithe moreover wat is 10% of wat ah earn wen most of money n time goes into d work of d ministry...whether it's right or rong ah dont care as long as d bible never said we shouldn't pay tithe am gonna pay tithe till jesus come ..if u dont want to pay dat should be ur decision only n dont involve others into it instead use ur tym n preach d gospel dere re still many unsaved pple in d world
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by An0nimus: 2:11pm On Oct 10, 2013
Comments reserved until later.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Candour(m): 2:17pm On Oct 10, 2013
Elantracey: The letter killeth but d spirit giveth life ,my advice to christian always is never to interprete d bible wit men's wisdom because d wisdom of men is like foolishness unto God ..as God 4 his wisdom and his spirit to be able to understand it bible .. .meanwhile if it's not greediness n stingines wat will make u go search scriptures just to back up ur selfish reason 4 not payin tithe moreover wat is 10% of wat ah earn wen most of money n time goes into d work of d ministry...whether it's right or rong ah dont care as long as d bible never said we shouldn't pay tithe am gonna pay tithe till jesus come ..if u dont want to pay dat should be ur decision only n dont involve others into it instead use ur tym n preach d gospel dere re still many unsaved pple in d world

@the bolded. Thank God for you. It's your decision so keep to it.

Those i'm interested in are those who have been told the following LIES

1. If you don't tithe, things will be tight for you financially

2. If you don't tithe, you will have calamities, accidents, sickness, etc

3. If you don't tithe, you will burn in hell for ever.

If you dont fall into any of the 3 categories, then this thread and similar ones are not for you.

Feel free to go on with your tithing and i wish you luck.

5 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by frevangel(m): 2:20pm On Oct 10, 2013
This was a call from the Holy Spirit Oct 10, 2013
This is a call to prayer.

We are in the last days, Jesus and the Apostles clearly warned that many will be deceived. Many will become hardened to the truth and gospel of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Many will be caught unawares!

No matter how much we try to explain or call believers to the word, if the Holy Spirit is not involved, it will not yield fruits.

I call on you to pray.
Pray for the Church, the Body of Christ all over the world.
Let your knees hit the floor! Pray!
Pray for those who have been led astray!
Pray for those who have been caught up with the affairs of this life!
pray for those who are ignorant and have veil over their hearts!
Pray for church/ministry leaders, pray!

May the grace to pray and intercede for the church, the bride of Christ, be on all who will make themselves available.

Pray for unbelievers all over the world!

You never know who your prayer will bring out of darkness.
You never know who will be saved from the clutches of hell.
You never know who will be set free from bondage.
PRAY! PRAY and PRAY AGAIN!
Pray in the morning, pray at noon, pray at night, Pray every time and any time you have the opportunity!
Pray without season!

God Bless you as you heed this call.

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Ukutsgp(m): 3:05pm On Oct 10, 2013
Many are wallowing and basking in the epheora of mammoth ignorance and asininity cos they refuse to liberate their sub-conscious from the chasm of gigantic delusion. But the sommolent characteristics of Goshen's peroration molified the antagonistic predilections of his detractors. But let me maintain my state of equanimity and conviviality cos i am already enthralled by his meticulous elucidation.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by EMILO2STAY(m): 3:13pm On Oct 10, 2013
Bidam: Firstly God is a Spirit.God was speaking thru malachi to the priests and jewish nation in that particular scripture.

so beelzebub, prince of persia and satan are now crop destroyers or agricultural demons ehh!...hahahaha u are funny.well thank God u admit the book of malachi was written to the old nation of israel, and as such, the destroyer of crops malachi, is the same destroyer crops in deuteronomy 28:38 and 42 there is nothing symbolic about it.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Tgirl4real(f): 4:52pm On Oct 10, 2013
Hmmm...still on this tithe issue.... undecided
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 10, 2013
EMILO2STAY: so beelzebub, prince of persia and satan are now crop destroyers or agricultural demons ehh!...hahahaha u are funny.well thank God u admit the book of malachi was written to the old nation of israel, and as such, the destroyer of crops malachi, is the same destroyer crops in deuteronomy 28:38 and 42 there is nothing symbolic about it.
Jesus sent demons into swines. You can equally say livestock demons abi? Let's leave devourer to mean exactly what the scriptures says..Even the locust army was mentioned in the book of Joel why wasn't devourer mentioned? If you don't understand anything about satan,it is better to keep mute.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 5:50pm On Oct 10, 2013
swtchicgurl:

why don't you just do yourselves the little favour of looking through some other threads where all these have been discussed...hopefully, you will pick up some vital information. Importantly, open your hearts to wisdom. God bless.

^^^

What is "wisdom" here that you are passing to people ? Tithing ? Smh.

You hardly seems to find interest in telling people about other things the bible talks about other than tithe.

Is tithe the wisdom of the bible or the wisdom to enrich your pocket ?

When did tithe paying became the message of salvation hence the course of wisdom ?

Smh for you.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by EMILO2STAY(m): 5:50pm On Oct 10, 2013
Bidam: Jesus sent demons into swines. You can equally say livestock demons abi? Let's leave devourer to mean exactly what the scriptures says..Even the locust army was mentioned in the book of Joel why wasn't devourer mentioned? If you don't understand anything about satan,it is better to keep mute.
what kind of excuse is this, i should be telling u to keep mute instead, jesus simply casted out demons from a possessed man into swine, the demon were not created specially to possess pigs.oh!... Maybd the mad man didnt pay his ten percent to jesus, so jesus decided to devour his pigs by sending demons to drown them. The devourer of crops in malachi is not a demon stop deceiving uself, demons do not possess vegetables only insect destroy them. Maybe u missed agric classes in school.

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 10, 2013
The Thief Cometh not but to Steal, Kill and destroy but i have come that you may have life and have it more abundantly.. The bolded attributes a devourer.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 6:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
Bidam: Jesus sent demons into swines. You can equally say livestock demons abi?[s] Let's leave devourer to mean exactly what the scriptures says..[/s] Even the locust army was mentioned in the book of Joel why wasn't devourer mentioned? If you don't understand anything about satan,it is better to keep mute.

So, the bad things that satan causes, it is God that sent him to you ?

So, satan works for God ?

If devourer = satan, then all the bad things that satan does should be blamed on God.

Satan is then on standby by God to punish "Christians" that fails to pay tithes. Smh for you people.

What Nonsense !

*After which you go casting and binding satan that God always sent to you for not paying tithe.*

It is a very big pitty

4 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by EMILO2STAY(m): 6:09pm On Oct 10, 2013
Bossforeva: The Thief Cometh not but to Steal, Kill and destroy but i have come that you may have life and have it more abundantly.. The bolded attributes a devourer.
and u think jesus was referring to a vegetable demon who devour the crop of tithe defaulters ...clap for urself.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by EMILO2STAY(m): 6:14pm On Oct 10, 2013
truthislight:

So, the bad things that satan causes, it is God that sent him to you ?

So, satan works for God ?

If devourer = satan, then all the bad things that satan does should be blamed on God.

Satan is then on standby by God to punish "Christians" that fails to pay tithes. Smh for you people.

What Nonsense !

*After which you go casting and binding satan that God always sent to you for not paying tithe.*

It is a very big pitty
dont mind him...his desperate for an excuse. So God now sends demon to purnish people if they fail to give GOD money. Na wah oo!,.

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by PastorKun(m): 7:21pm On Oct 10, 2013
Goshen360 where at thou? We need more illumination grin
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by adebayo201: 7:46pm On Oct 10, 2013
[quote author=Pastor Kun]Goshen360 where at thou? We need more illumination grin[/quote
na him I dey wait for oh
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 10, 2013
EMILO2STAY: what kind of excuse is this, i should be telling u to keep mute instead, jesus simply casted out demons from a possessed man into swine, the demon were not created specially to possess pigs.oh!... Maybd the mad man didnt pay his ten percent to jesus, so jesus decided to devour his pigs by sending demons to drown them. The devourer of crops in malachi is not a demon stop deceiving uself, demons do not possess vegetables only insect destroy them. Maybe u missed agric classes in school.
People like you are in the habit of twisting post and saying what i never said..where did you see me mention Agric in my post. i merely used your logic about agricultural demons to say livestock demons. for you info it was the locust that devour not the other way round..You tend to think your poSt is smart but your statement is foolish.

Moreso, Malachi never mentioned locust it says devourer..Let's leave it like that abeg. cheesy
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 9:11pm On Oct 10, 2013
Bidam:
Moreso, Malachi never mentioned locust it says devourer.. Let's leave it like that abeg.

That ^ will make for good business since the people will get scared the more.

If we leave it at locust, people will not be scared much, since they will know that locust will not eat their money.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

Bolu Adubi: Pastor Adeboye’s Daughter, Her Husband & 4 Children (Photos) / Two Nigerian Pastors Use Same Woman For Same Miracle / "Muslims Attacked My Church During Crossover Night And Raped Girls"- Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.