Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,602 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED (77796 Views)

Discussion / Tithe And The True Storehouse - Malachi 3:10 / The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 10, 2013
truthislight:

So, the bad things that satan causes, it is God that sent him to you ?

So, satan works for God ?

If devourer = satan, then all the bad things that satan does should be blamed on God.

Satan is then on standby by God to punish "Christians" that fails to pay tithes. Smh for you people.

What Nonsense !

*After which you go casting and binding satan that God always sent to you for not paying tithe.*

It is a very big pitty
the problem with you is that you are being plagued by the encircling religious spirits cheesy of JW..keep reading demonic meanings to what you think my statements imply..i no blame you sha.. wink
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 10, 2013
truthislight:

That ^ will make for good business since the people will get scared the more.

If we leave it at locust, people will not be scared much, since they will know that locust will not eat their money.
Are you in mars come back to earth abeg
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 9:54pm On Oct 10, 2013
@ all,

I'm sorry for the delay to complete this message. I had to do overtime at work today. Thank God I'm done at work and here to finish this simplicity of the gospel. I will finish up now, giving time to type out my message.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:54pm On Oct 10, 2013
Bidam: People like you are in the habit of twisting post and saying what i never said..where did you see me mention Agric in my post. i merely used your logic about agricultural demons to say livestock demons. FOR YOUR INFO IT WAS THE LOCUST THAT DEVOUR NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND..You tend to think your poSt is smart but your statement is foolish.

Moreso, Malachi never mentioned locust it says devourer..Let's leave it like that abeg. cheesy
nahh!...actually it is u who make a very foolish and contradictory statement. Now u agree with me devourer in malachi is = locust.
i said devourer of crops in malachi is a simple locust based on deut 28.38 and 42, but u said no... That it is symbolic for a kind of demon e.g prince of persia and beelzebub, i.e saying demons are responsible for crop destruction in malachi, i said so there are demons who destroy crop.., you quot me and said no again; and you admit 'devourer' is just locust. U see the kind of fool you make out of yourself all in a bid to defend a lie.

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 10, 2013
EMILO2STAY: [s]nahh!...actually it is u who make a very foolish and contradictory statement[/s]. [s]Now u agree with me devourer in malachi is = locust.[/s]
Nope..the scripture did not say so..your private intepretations.
[quote] i said devourer of crops in malachi is a simple locust based on deut 28.38 and 42, but u said no... That it is symbolic for a kind of demon e.g prince of persia and beelzebub, i.e saying demons are responsible for crop destruction in malachi, i said so there are demons who destroy crop.., you quot me and said no again; and you admit 'devourer' is just locust. U see the kind of fool you make out of yourself all in a bid to defend a lie.
You are the fool here..go back and read that scripture..God says He will rebuke the devourer who is a HE not an it.
You never went back to do your research on who the HE was that God was referring to.

quick quiz:Why should God rebuke insects?

Are insects called a he in your village schools? grin
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by rhowly(m): 10:17pm On Oct 10, 2013
Here's my problem with tithing. It seems 21st century Christians cherry pick which old testament laws to follow. Some females here hold firmly to tithe paying and yet go to church with uncovered heads and give several explanations for that...despite new testament teachings (not that I mind that ) catch my meaning? Circumcision was even a convenant yet Paul laid it aside for obvious reasons but tithe is more preached than it. Also I say, for obvious reasons. Why should tithing be greater? We seem to cherry pick the part of d law to obey. Look at the animals we eat the law asked Israel not to etc. What really bugs me is Paul clearly states that if you set out to follow d law you must do ALL stated in the law Gal 3 esp 10. There's more to this than meets the eye. How many churches gives tithes every third year to the poor? Too many questions o jare

8 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 10:19pm On Oct 10, 2013
Bidam: the problem with you is that you are being plagued by the encircling religious spirits cheesy of JW..keep reading demonic meanings to what you think my statements imply..i no blame you sha.. wink

Every body on this forum seems to always misunderstand your post i suppose.

The serpent is also very sleepery.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:24pm On Oct 10, 2013
[quote author=Bidam][/quote] here we go again. this man called 'Bidem' is suffering from a brain tumor. He has no other excuse to support the lie of tithe, so he is just going back and forth in frustration.
this is what u just said; 'for you info it was the locust that devour not the other way round'. Read it again and tell me your talking about a crop destroying demon.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 10:31pm On Oct 10, 2013
Bidam: why should God rebuked insect?

why did Jesus rebuked wind ?
Is wind a person ?

5 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 10, 2013
Firstly i never said anything about agric demons..you implied it,what i said was devourer can be a symbol for a type of demon. i gave examples that beelzebub is also called lord of the flies and we know flies are insects.Then you made this dumb statement.
EMILO2STAY: so beelzebub, prince of persia and satan are now crop destroyers or agricultural demons ehh!
In my reply i ASKED you a QUESTION USING YOUR LOGIC [/quote] Jesus sent demons into swines. You can equally say livestock demons abi? Let's leave devourer to mean exactly what the scriptures says
your REPLY WAS SO DUMB..dumber people like you liked the post. grin[quote author=EMILO2STAY] Maybd the mad man didnt pay his ten percent to jesus, so jesus decided to devour his pigs by sending demons to drown them.
I never mentioned anything about Jesus giving 10percent in my post..Did i

You forgot i already asked you a question initially whether insects are called he which you never did gave a reply. cheesy
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 10, 2013
truthislight:

why did Jesus rebuked wind ?
Is wind a person ?
Lets start with elementary demonology..Define beelzebub.

BTW, are you equating Jesus with God?

Do you accept the deity of Christ?

The bible says he made his angels wind.So wind can also be a type of satan in disguise who knows? tongue
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 10, 2013
truthislight:

Every body on this forum seems to always misunderstand your post i suppose.

The serpent is also very sleepery.
You are the serpent i guess cheesy
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 10, 2013
EMILO2STAY: here we go again. this man called 'Bidem' is suffering from a brain tumor.
Yeah..i asked question i received insults abi?This is my last reply to an atheist. cool
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 10, 2013
rhowly: Here's my problem with tithing. It seems 21st century Christians cherry pick which old testament laws to follow. Some females here hold firmly to tithe paying and yet go to church with uncovered heads and give several explanations for that...despite new testament teachings (not that I mind that ) catch my meaning? Circumcision was even a convenant yet Paul laid it aside for obvious reasons but tithe is more preached than it. Also I say, for obvious reasons. Why should tithing be greater? We seem to cherry pick the part of d law to obey. Look at the animals we eat the law asked Israel not to etc. What really bugs me is Paul clearly states that if you set out to follow d law you must do ALL stated in the law Gal 3 esp 10. There's more to this than meets the eye. How many churches gives tithes every third year to the poor? Too many questions o jare
Tithing predates the mosaic law. The book of Malachi talks about tithing as a covenant between God and Israel
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 11:16pm On Oct 10, 2013
King James Version (KJV)
11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.

Like I first mentioned, many Christians do not understand the KJV renderings and pastors who knows how sometimes the renderings of KJV is sometimes hard to understand by young bible student use this to take advantage of the young Christians.

I have presented the rendering of KJV from many other translations and from those translations, every one of them never mentioned devil, demons or satanic attack to mean devourer. Let's go further to unloose this heavy rendering of KJV - those Jewish people who first heard it, what does it mean to them and let's put it back into context of Malachi 3:11.

The word 'devourer' is the Hebrew word 'akal, a verb (an action word) and in all of its meaning\uses, it renders\means just ONE thing but uses differs:

1. to eat, devour, burn up, feed

A. (Qal)
to eat (human subject)
to eat, devour (of beasts and birds)
to devour, consume (of fire)
to devour, slay (of sword)
to devour, consume, destroy (inanimate subjects - ie, pestilence, drought)
to devour (of oppression)

B. (Niphal)
to be eaten (by men)
to be devoured, consumed (of fire)
to be wasted, destroyed (of flesh)

C. (Pual)
to cause to eat, feed with
to cause to devour

D. (Hiphil)
to feed
to cause to eat

D. (Piel)
consume

Culled from Bible Concordance here: http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?strongs=H398&t=KJV

to be continue . . .
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 11:18pm On Oct 10, 2013
When a word has many uses from the concordance, it is only the context that connects the reader to what is meant in the verse.

For instance, let me follow up using from scripture how the first uses, "A" above are being used from scriptures.

King James Version (KJV)
20 Come now therefore, and let us slay him, and cast him into some pit, and we will say, Some evil beast hath devoured him: and we shall see what will become of his dreams. Genesis 37

Simple put, from our ONE meaning and uses, . . .it reads, an evil beast hath EATEN him.

1 Kings 13:28
King James Version (KJV)

28 And he went and found his carcase cast in the way, and the ass and the lion standing by the carcase: the lion had not eaten the carcase, nor torn the ass.

Simply put, the lion had not DEVOURED the carcase.

Devourer is the name of the Jewish people understood to mean the SUBJECT OR OBJECT THAT IS EATING, FEEDING OR BURNING UP ITS HOST depending on the context. It describes the FEEDING of locusts in Joel 1:4, 2:25.

Joel 1:4
King James Version (KJV)
4 That which the palmerworm hath left hath the locust eaten; and that which the locust hath left hath the cankerworm eaten; and that which the cankerworm hath left hath the caterpiller eaten.

Joel 2:25
King James Version (KJV)
25 And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.

It described the FEEDING or EATING of moths in Job 13:28,

King James Version (KJV)
28 And he, as a rotten thing, consumeth, as a garment that is moth eaten.

The FEEDING and EATING of flies in Psalms 78:45,

King James Version (KJV)
45 He sent divers sorts of flies among them, which devoured them; and frogs, which destroyed them.

The FEEDING of worms in Deuteronomy 28:39,

King James Version (KJV)
39 Thou shalt plant vineyards, and dress them, but shalt neither drink of the wine, nor gather the grapes; for the worms shall eat them.

to be continue . . .
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 11:18pm On Oct 10, 2013
All through scriptures, devourer are ALWAYS IDENTIFIED WITH ITS HOST - that is, what the devourer is devouring. Now, back to Malachi and let's put this in contextual lens:

King James Version (KJV)
11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.

The EATER = The devourER
What is the devourer eating or feeding on? The context says what it is, ...and he shall not destroy the FRUIT OF YOUR GROUND; neither your VINE...FRUIT...in the field.

Some will say, Goshen is using 'human wisdom' to interpret God's word. I laugh at such statements. God doesn't speak in tongues when He gives instructions. It's like saying, "Give me $20". How do you give me $20 IF you don't KNOW what $20 is? You MUST first KNOW and UNDERSTAND what $20 is and what it means to GIVE someone something BEFORE you can GIVE the $20. How do you carry out an instruction when you don't understand the instruction itself?

So, what is God saying in clear and simple English as per Malachi 3:11? Since we NOW know the meaning of "devourer", we put it back into the context and re-read it,

King James Version (KJV)
11 And I will rebuke the EATER or FEEDER or DEVOURER for your sakes, and he shall not EAT or FEED ON or DEVOUR the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.

What is to be EATEN is the FRUIT OF THE GROUND, VINE & FRUIT IN THE FIELD. The context cannot therefore change from what destroys FRUITS & VINE to mean another thing.

In conclusion, there's nothing in the context of Malachi 3:11 that makes devil,demons, satanic attack a DEVOURER or EATER of FRUITS, VINES and CROPS of the field\ground. The threat of devourer to non-tither is just vain imagination to those who have taken time to understand the meaning and context - it is as good as saying flies, cockroaches, mosquitoes, insects etc will not bite or feed or eat on you when you don't tithe.

4 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:21pm On Oct 10, 2013
Bidam: Firstly i never said anything about agric demons..you implied it,what i said was devourer can be a symbol for a type of demon. i gave examples that beelzebub is also called lord of the flies and we know flies are insects.Then you made this dumb statement.In my reply i ASKED you a QUESTION USING YOUR LOGIC Jesus sent demons into swines. You can equally say livestock demons abi? Let's leave devourer to mean exactly what the scriptures saysyour REPLY WAS SO DUMB..dumber people like you liked the post. ;DI never mentioned anything about Jesus giving 10percent in my post..Did i

You forgot i already asked you a question initially whether insects are called he which you never did gave a reply. cheesy
if beelzebub is lord of the flies, are u saying that the flies or beelzebub is the devourer. I just need u to come out straight pls. Who is this devourer?.
secondly, why would you give an example about jesus casting out demons into pigs. As if there are demons specialy created by God to destroy plant and animals. Aka animal devourer.
the 'He' in that verse is a result of translation in kjv bible. This is a translation from the new american standard version."Then I will rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not destroy the fruits of the ground ;nor will your vine in the field cast its grapes," says the LORD of hosts. Now tell me th above verse is talking about beelzebub or his flies. pls Stop displaying grave ignorance.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:28pm On Oct 10, 2013
Bidam: Yeah..i asked question i received insults abi?This is my last reply to an atheist. cool

are u trying to dodge me?, dont be afraid am a full time christian. I believe in jesus as my personnal lord and saviour. And God who sent his son to die for us, so that through him (jesus) God can freely give us things. u get that?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 11:35pm On Oct 10, 2013
Bidam:

You are the fool here..go back and read that scripture..God says He will rebuke the devourer who is a HE not an it.
You never went back to do your research on who the HE was that God was referring to.

quick quiz:Why should God rebuke insects?

Are insects called a he in your village schools?

You're too much into KJV. That's KJV rendering and other translations rendered it. KJV most time often render inanimate subjects as 'he' to give the act\verb of a living thing; if you want I can show you scriptures to that effect. It's all KJV rendering and it confuses folks. Okay, let's say it's even rendered 'he', who is the 'he' that is EATING fruits IN THE FIELD AND IN THE GROUND?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 10, 2013
Gosh, i believe you went to a good primary school and you very well know the context in which the pronoun " HE" IS ALWAYS USED.

The examples you gave is them. Animals and insects can use the word them but NOT HE,more So, HE IS SINGULAR NOT PLURAL

CAN YOU PLEASE SHOW US FROM SCRIPTURE WHERE INSECTS OR ANY ANIMAL IS CALLED A "HE"

It was only the serpent that was called HE in genesis and every good bible student knows why it is so.

IF YOU CAN'T SHOW US AN EXAMPLE OF AN INSECT CALLED HE,YOU FOREVER REMAIN A LIAR AS FAR AS GOD'S WORD IS CONCERNED.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 11:45pm On Oct 10, 2013
@ Bidam,

King James Version (KJV)
3 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Serpent = beast of the field = he said shocked cheesy

From the KJV, what do you have to say on the above verse?

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 11:46pm On Oct 10, 2013
Bidam: Gosh, i believe you went to a good primary school and you very well know the context in which the pronoun " HE" IS ALWAYS USED.

The examples you gave is them. Animals and insects can use the word them but NOT HE,more So, HE IS SINGULAR NOT PLURAL

CAN YOU PLEASE SHOW US FROM SCRIPTURE WHERE INSECTS OR ANY ANIMAL IS CALLED A "HE"

It was only the serpent that was called HE in genesis and every good bible student knows why it is so.

IF YOU CAN'T SHOW US AN EXAMPLE OF AN INSECT CALLED HE,YOU FOREVER REMAIN A LIAR AS FAR AS GOD'S WORD IS CONCERNED.

Goshen360: @ Bidam,

King James Version (KJV)
3 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 10, 2013
EMILO2STAY: if beelzebub is lord of the flies, are u saying that the flies or beelzebub is the devourer. I just need u to come out straight pls. Who is this devourer?.
secondly, why would you give an example about jesus casting out demons into pigs. As if there are demons specialy created by God to destroy plant and animals. Aka animal devourer.
the 'He' in that verse is a result of translation in kjv bible. This is a translation from the new american standard version."Then I will rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not destroy the fruits of the ground ;nor will your vine in the field cast its grapes," says the LORD of hosts. Now tell me th above verse is talking about beelzebub or his flies. pls Stop displaying grave ignorance.
STILL DUMB..gO BACK AND READ WHEN I FIRST STARTED TO COMMENT ON THIS THREAD.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:50pm On Oct 10, 2013
Goshen360: @ Bidam,

King James Version (KJV)

hehehe...this is called 'hitting the nail on the head'.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 10, 2013
Goshen360:

tongue tongue tongue
Mr..pick and choose..why did you pick and drop where i mentioned the serpent in genesis? It shows your dishonesty. cheesy. I WONT COMMENT FURTHER, ENJOY YOUR THREAD.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:53pm On Oct 10, 2013
Bidam: STILL DUMB..gO BACK AND READ WHEN I FIRST STARTED TO COMMENT ON THIS THREAD.
my friend answer my question. who is the devourer; beelzebub or his flies?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 12:03am On Oct 11, 2013
Bidam: Mr..pick and choose..why did you pick and drop where i mentioned the serpent in genesis? It shows your dishonesty. cheesy. I WONT COMMENT FURTHER, ENJOY YOUR THREAD.

You know I'm the one of those that love to expose you. grin Please take this one more:

Proverbs 6:6-8
King James Version (KJV)

6 Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:
7 Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler,
8 Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.

Again, KJV uses pronoun to describe an act\verb of an inanimate subjects as 'he' to give the act\verb of a living thing.

5 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by chy22(m): 12:06am On Oct 11, 2013
I have gathered 41 verses in the bible that these greedy pastors use to extort money from the people of GOD. Having read them critically, it is now obvious that these verses was not referring to the current form of tithes pastors in nigeria collect. However, I have seen a systemic omissions that allow them to deceive their members. All they do is pick just a verse and use it to preach rather than looking at verses before them and after that will all their members to put it in context and get better understanding.

To avoid name calling and insults I will not be making any personal statments but I will post the exact bible verse to allow every body to read and decided for them self. I will bold the verse the is often referred to in such teachings.

1:
2 Corinthians 9:1-15
English Standard Version (ESV)

9 Now it is superfluous for me to write to you about the ministry for the saints, 2 for I know your readiness, of which I boast about you to the people of Macedonia, saying that Achaia has been ready since last year. And your zeal has stirred up most of them. 3 But I am sending[a] the brothers so that our boasting about you may not prove empty in this matter, so that you may be ready, as I said you would be. 4 Otherwise, if some Macedonians come with me and find that you are not ready, we would be humiliated—to say nothing of you—for being so confident. 5 So I thought it necessary to urge the brothers to go on ahead to you and arrange in advance for the gift[b] you have promised, so that it may be ready as a willing gift, not as an exaction.[c]

6 The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully[d] will also reap bountifully. 7 Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency[e] in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. 9 As it is written,

“He has distributed freely, he has given to the poor;
    his righteousness endures forever.”
10 He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness. 11 You will be enriched in every way to be generous in every way, which through us will produce thanksgiving to God. 12 For the ministry of this service is not only supplying the needs of the saints but is also overflowing in many thanksgivings to God. 13 By their approval of this service, they[f] will glorify God because of your submission that comes from your confession of the gospel of Christ, and the generosity of your contribution for them and for all others, 14 while they long for you and pray for you, because of the surpassing grace of God upon you. 15 Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift!:

Was it referring to current form of tithe or was it referring to people of God helping each other?

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 12:09am On Oct 11, 2013
Again @ Bidam,

Exodus 21:28
King James Version (KJV)
28 If an ox gore a man or a woman, that they die: then the ox shall be surely stoned, and his flesh shall not be eaten; but the owner of the ox shall be quit.

Job 38:41
King James Version (KJV)
41 Who provideth for the raven his food? when his young ones cry unto God, they wander for lack of meat.

Okay, I wan step out small. I will be back later.

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by chy22(m): 12:40am On Oct 11, 2013
Luke 11:37-48
English Standard Version (ESV)
Woes to the Pharisees and Lawyers

37 While Jesus[a] was speaking, a Pharisee asked him to dine with him, so he went in and reclined at table. 38 The Pharisee was astonished to see that he did not first wash before dinner. 39 And the Lord said to him, “Now you Pharisees cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside you are full of greed and wickedness. 40 You fools! Did not he who made the outside make the inside also? 41 But give as alms those things that are within, and behold, everything is clean for you.

42 “But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and every herb, and neglect justice and the love of God. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others. 43 Woe to you Pharisees! For you love the best seat in the synagogues and greetings in the marketplaces. 44 Woe to you! For you are like unmarked graves, and people walk over them without knowing it.”

45 One of the lawyers answered him, “Teacher, in saying these things you insult us also.” 46 And he said, “Woe to you lawyers also! For you load people with burdens hard to bear, and you yourselves do not touch the burdens with one of your fingers. 47 Woe to you! For you build the tombs of the prophets whom your fathers killed. 48 So you are witnesses and you consent to the deeds of your fathers, for they killed them, and you build their tombs.

Was this asking for money or teaching that money is not faith?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Goshen360(m): 3:17am On Oct 11, 2013
Is the Church or Church Gathering = The Storehouse of Malachi 3:10?

This is the final exposition\exegesis that nailed the teaching of tithing to the cross of Christ. Follow me closely as I follow Christ.

I don't have much time to go deep tonight but as the Holy Spirit leads, I will go. First, and as usual, we want to know the meaning of the word 'storehouse' to those who heard it and was written to. How they understood the message of Malachi.

The word 'storehouse' is the Hebrew word, 'owtsar, a masculine noun and it means:

treasure, storehouse
treasure (gold, silver, etc)
store, supplies of food or drink
treasure-house, treasury
treasure-house
storehouse, magazine
treasury
magazine of weapons (fig. of God's armoury)
storehouses (of God for rain, snow, hail, wind, sea)

From Bible Concordance for word meaning here: http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?strongs=H214&t=KJV

Again, when we study with KJV, we should endeavour to always understand the context, ask the Holy Spirit questions and we will rightly divide the word of truth. If we take one of the meanings from the concordance\Lexicon, we will understand the Hebrew syntax the way those who first heard it understood it.

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

Let's take one or some of our word meanings and key it\them into the text and re-read it. It will read thus:

Bring ye all the tithes into the store, supplies of food or drink, treasure-house, treasury, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

Ladies & Gentlemen, the context proves God was talking about a storing location by following after "storehouse" with . . . that there may be food IN MY HOUSE.

to be continue . . .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed / Bolu Adubi: Pastor Adeboye’s Daughter, Her Husband & 4 Children (Photos) / Two Nigerian Pastors Use Same Woman For Same Miracle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.