Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha (18096 Views)

Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by Adejoro74: 6:10am On Oct 10, 2013
From EMMANUEL UZOR, Onitsha

The All Progressives Congress, (APC) governorship candidate for November 16 election in Anambra State, Senator Chris Ngige has described as misleading, rumours that he stormed the commercial city of Onitsha with his party members to disrupt the Ofala festival of Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Nnaemeka Achebe.

Reacting to the news that he was cursed by the monarch for launching his governorship rally on the day mapped out for Ofala festival, Senator Ngige said he was not in any way trying to disrespect Igwe Achebe, whom he described as a role model to traditional institution in Igbo land and Nigeria in general.

Ngige said he received permission from the Palace of the Obi of Onitsha concerning the rally, adding that his Campaign Organisation even got permission to pay a courtesy call on Igwe Achebe before proceeding to the venue of the event.

He said what happened was that we received permission from the Palace, and the Palace Secretary even asked us to give him the protocol list of the governors and other dignitaries that will be coming, because we planned to pay a courtesy call on Obi of Onitsha.

“We were told at the middle of the rally because we could not pay a courtesy call on Obi of Onitsha, because our Director for Operation, Mr. Okonkwo Okom informed us on Tuesday morning that further communication will be after the Ofala some other time”

“There was never a time we came to disrupt the Ofala festival and we never intended to disrespect the revered traditional ruler of Onitsha, Igwe Nnaemeka Achebe and Onitsha culture and tradition, as we hold him in high esteem just like we do to other traditional rulers in Igbo land. There was a communication gap and if that resulted in any embarrassment to the Igwe, our party, APC and myself apologise for that” he said.

He also called the Monarch to disregard all political gimmicks from opposition aimed at bringing un-existing crisis between him, APC and the Onitsha traditional institution and urged his supporters to remain calm as everything is under control.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/politics/didnt-disrepect-obi-onitsha-ngige/
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by Adejoro74: 6:11am On Oct 10, 2013
Like Fasola like Ngige
Party of foooooooolish people doing things without giving them a thought, only to apologize later

39 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by kelvincoll(m): 6:15am On Oct 10, 2013
Igwe over to you, to err is evil to forgive is divine wink

2 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by bigass(f): 6:17am On Oct 10, 2013
Adejoro74: Like Fasola like Ngige
Party of foooooooolish people doing things without giving them a thought, only to apologize later

I'm sure you be so happy if everybody is in PDP

16 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by Adejoro74: 6:19am On Oct 10, 2013
Apart from being an Igwe, Achebe is a well educated man who rose to one of the highest ranks in Shell Petroleum before retiring. Socio-economically speaking, Ngige is beneath him, let alone adding the traditional stool he occupies, one of the most prominent in Nigeria. Fooolish Ngige, fooooolish APC.

29 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by badmeat(m): 6:24am On Oct 10, 2013
Ngige brought the APC party to onitsha during a festival like thisif the oba of Lagos is celebrating can dis kind of s*hit happenpls the igbos shuold know dat respect is earned and not given,as for Ngige don't allow him sell Anambra state to Tinubu!angry

27 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by egift(m): 6:28am On Oct 10, 2013
Igwe iga di ooo! Everyone should disregard these Fidelity Bank staffs and their umbrellar partners.

Dr. Ngige all the way!

6 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by seanet02: 6:30am On Oct 10, 2013
This is not an apology

2 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by fkaz(m): 6:30am On Oct 10, 2013
Adejoro74: Like Fasola like Ngige

You still refers to fashola stroke as an apology? SMH

2 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by wesley80(m): 6:33am On Oct 10, 2013
Good Lord! What has happened to Ngige? You took permission to what? This guy seems to have been eating too much of the wrong kind of soup lately, how can you seek permission to do what only a most ignorant and uncultured stranger would do? And what was he expecting the Obi to tell him? 'No, dont hold any rally I'm holding my Ofala? Of course not, if a fool refuses wise counsel and walks in with a suicide rope, simply help him tie a noose and point him to the door - One less slowpoke to worry about!

33 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by Ismahill(m): 6:52am On Oct 10, 2013
Apology accepted. No worry o.na u go win,4gt d curse. Epe o mu omo skul

4 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by gregg2: 6:58am On Oct 10, 2013
. . . blaming it on communication gap?

Ngige has lost it.
Medicine after death.

2 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by russellino: 7:15am On Oct 10, 2013
Ngige has gone from a hero to a bumbling, ill mannered twit. He's very lucky igboland is a peaceful place otherwise he and his crew would have been fed their boxer shorts that day. Nonsense.

6 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 10, 2013
I thought the Ofala festival holds only in the Igwe's Palace?

Ngige carry go jare,nothing do you! cool

3 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 10, 2013
Ok
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by dridowu: 7:59am On Oct 10, 2013
#######Team Ngige#######
Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:09am On Oct 10, 2013
wesley80: Good Lord! What has happened to Ngige? You took permission to what? This guy seems to have been eating too much of the wrong kind of soup lately, how can you seek permission to do what only a most ignorant and uncultured stranger would do? And what was he expecting the Obi to tell him? 'No, dont hold any rally I'm holding my Ofala? Of course not, if a fool refuses wise counsel and walks in with a suicide rope, simply help him tie a noose and point him to the door - One less slowpoke to worry about!

Indeed. That soup is very dangerous.

4 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by pokur: 8:17am On Oct 10, 2013
wesley80: Good Lord! What has happened to Ngige? You took permission to what? This guy seems to have been eating too much of the wrong kind of soup lately, how can you seek permission to do what only a most ignorant and uncultured stranger would do? And what was he expecting the Obi to tell him? 'No, dont hold any rally I'm holding my Ofala? Of course not, if a fool refuses wise counsel and walks in with a suicide rope, simply help him tie a noose and point him to the door - One less slowpoke to worry about!
He took permission n then later claimed communication gap.He thinks we are kids,dumb enough not to notice such contradictions.The guy must be high on some strong stuff

17 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by fyneguy: 8:25am On Oct 10, 2013
pokur:
He took permission n then later claimed communication gap.He thinks we are kids,dumb enough not to notice such contradictions.The guy must be high on some strong stuff

Calm down, will ya?!

1. Ngige sought permission to hold a rally in Onitsha

2. Obi granted him permission

3. Ngige held his campaign rally in Onitsha

4. Obi is angry

Now switch on your brain, and tell me who's at fault. Truth is Peter Obi is the one instigating the Obi against Ngige. The Obi has no justification for getting angry if he indeed granted permission to Ngige. He shouldnt allow politics to debase his stool

11 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by Datiboboi: 8:30am On Oct 10, 2013
Can't apc apologyz without attaching any useless reasons.
Up NGIGE
Down
apc

1 Like

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 10, 2013
Anambra People know their tradition and Anambra People should vote the better thief.

As a stranger, I will say none of the candidates is qualified to govern Anambra. Soludo was best.

5 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by Datiboboi: 8:39am On Oct 10, 2013
fyneguy:

Calm down, will ya?!

4. Obi is angry

Now switch on your brain, and tell me who's at fault. Truth is Peter Obi is the one instigating the Obi against Ngige. The Obi has no justification for getting angry if he indeed granted permission to Ngige. He shouldnt allow politics to debase his stool

Your comment sounds so stupid to us here.
How can OBI of onisha grant him permission and later course him openly. Nna ehh some people are just simply morøns going by the way they analize things

22 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by theoctopus: 8:41am On Oct 10, 2013
berem: I thought the Ofala festival holds only in the Igwe's Palace?

Ngige carry go jare,nothing do you! cool

Yoruba babe, how far?

8 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by Afam4eva(m): 8:46am On Oct 10, 2013
At least he has apologized. Let Obi Achebe forgive him and let Ngige will go and sin no more.

1 Like

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by Nigerianmovie(m): 8:49am On Oct 10, 2013
U never enter communication gap don de dey even with highly place obi....
u informed the palace,, u planned to visit him,, u did not remember its ofala,,excuse and excuses.....
what do we expect when u enter??
1 break away from common man
2 continuation of insensitive
3 neglect of core principles.....
incase u don't know, it is stupid to apologize when u could have avoided the error.

4 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by donphilopus: 8:54am On Oct 10, 2013
Humility has taken over him..
Kudos Gov Ngige come Nov 16

1 Like

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by fyneguy: 8:55am On Oct 10, 2013
Dat~ibo~boi:

Your comment sounds so stupid to us here.
How can OBI of onisha grant him permission and later course him openly. Nna ehh some people are just simply morøns going by the way they analize things

Be careful, so that you dont end up calling your Obi a fool. What if the king later confirms what Ngige said? Will you spin it? Will you call yourself a slowpoke by then?

3 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by Datiboboi: 9:02am On Oct 10, 2013
fyneguy:

Be careful, so that you dont end up calling your Obi a fool. What if the king later confirms what Ngige said? Will you spin it? Will you call yourself a slowpoke by then?

@ the moment let still believe your still the BIG møron ok

8 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by pokur: 9:16am On Oct 10, 2013
fyneguy:

Calm down, will ya?!

4. Obi is angry

Don't u quote me to pass subtle insults ever again.I'm not one of ur fellow nl kids nor am i in ur league .
Now,since you seem to have comprehension problem let me point out but two contradictions in said apology.
Adejoro74:

He said what happened was that we received permission from the Palace, and the Palace Secretary even asked us to give him the protocol list of the governors and other dignitaries that will be coming, because we planned to pay a courtesy call on Obi of Onitsha.

“We were told at the middle of the rally because we could not pay a courtesy call on Obi of Onitsha, because our Director for Operation, Mr. Okonkwo Okom informed us on Tuesday morning that further communication will be after the Ofala some other time”

“There was never a time we came to disrupt the Ofala festival and we never intended to disrespect the revered traditional ruler of Onitsha, Igwe Nnaemeka Achebe and Onitsha culture and tradition, as we hold him in high esteem just like we do to other traditional rulers in Igbo land. There was a communication gap and if that resulted in any embarrassment to the Igwe, our party, APC and myself apologise for that” he said.
For one who's brain is supposedly switched on u didn't notice the contradiction inherent in claiming they were told they could not pay a courtesy call middle of the rally (said rally held in the afternoon),Director of Campaign Organization informed them of said decision n the reason behind it Tuesday morning.
Your brain might be switched-on,but it's greatly lacking in common sense.
"To whom brain is given,sense is expected"

5 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by fyneguy: 9:20am On Oct 10, 2013
Dat~ibo~boi:

Why are you in denial? is it not an irony when a mad man calls a normal being a m0ron?

2 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises to Obi Of Onitsha by soma042(m): 9:21am On Oct 10, 2013
fyneguy:

Be careful, so that you dont end up calling your Obi a fool. What if the king later confirms what Ngige said? Will you spin it? Will you call yourself a slowpoke [quote author=Dat~ibo~boi]

[quote author=Dat~ibo~boi]

Fine guy for now your a morooon
Agreed? Lol

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bomb Explosion Rocks Biu, Borno State / Senate Passes Bill To Ban Same Sex Marriage / PDP Corners Nearly 4,000 Of The 5,000 Invitation Cards To Inauguration Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.