Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,497 members, 7,808,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Coscharis Group CEO, Dr. Cosmas Maduka’s Inspirational Story! (READ) - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Coscharis Group CEO, Dr. Cosmas Maduka’s Inspirational Story! (READ) (9754 Views)

Today's Hottie Is The CEO Of Mimi Ubini Blog / Ex Big Brother Star Launches Inspirational Book - "Self-love: (PHOTOS) / Photos: Dr Sid, Fuse Odg, Ceo Dancers & More At Mobo Awards'13 Nomination Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coscharis Group CEO, Dr. Cosmas Maduka’s Inspirational Story! (READ) by iamOdino(m): 12:12pm On Oct 10, 2013
Obviously Dr.Cosmos Maduka’s gift is entrepreneurship. And from a meagre capital of N200 he has built an unimaginable business empire. Today, thirty-six years after he was sacked as an apprentice by his boss for serving the God who gave him the rare gift, he has a visible presence in many key sectors of the economy, The Coscharis Group which has several subsidiaries that includes: Coscharis Auto Industries Ltd., Coscharis Technologies and Foods Ltd., Coscharis Exports Ltd., Coscharis Securities Ltd., Coscharis Finance and Investment Ltd., etc

Dr.Cosmas Maduka was born to the family of Mr.Peter and Mrs.Rose Maduka in the city of Jos, Northern Nigeria on 24th December, 1958. Unfortunately he lost his father at the age of four. With six children to cater for, his mother had to enlist Cosmas and his brother in the hawking of her products – bean cake “akara” in Nigerian vanacular.

The Drop Out
The earning from this “family” business was insufficient to pay all their bills, particularly school fees. So young Cosmas had to drop out of school at the age of nine when he was just in primary three.

He was then farmed to his maternal uncle in Lagos as an apprentice in the motorcycle parts selling trade in 1970 as the curtains were drawn on the Nigerian Civil War.
The account is more touching in his own words: “I lost my father at the age of four and we had only our mother trying her best to raise us. We experienced poverty and I started hawking at the age of six. By the age of seven, I had learnt how to climb and cut palm tree for elderly women and I charged them three pence. I became a breadwinner at an early age. All along, I had a passion to make a difference. I brought the money home to my mother but when she could not cope, she sent me to live with my grandparents. From there, my uncle took me to Lagos to be an apprentice.

“My maternal uncle lived at Ebutte-Metta in Lagos and had a store at 88 Griffith Street, near Oyingbo Bus-stop. He took me to work as an apprentice for him, and people laughed at me and questioned what I could learn at my age.”

His uncle had no home of his own but stayed with a friend, and Cosmas spent the nights in the store while he went home with the key.
“I slept in the shop and I recall some children mocking me on their way to school. They laughed at me for sleeping in the shop but I told myself that I would be better than them in the next six years.

“Although I left school at Primary three, I tried to do some research and find out how I could take some parts from a Volkswagen car and fix into a Honda. I was always curious to know which automobile parts could work on another brand. For three years, I worked tirelessly with my uncle and he opened a branch in Jos. I went there to manage it; he opened another one in Sokoto, I was there and I became a born again Christian,” he recalls.
FOR MORE, READ HERE >>> http://www.egistonline.com/content/2013/10/10/who-does-god-say-we-are-coscharis-group-ceo-dr-cosmas-maduka%E2%80%99s-inspirational

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coscharis Group CEO, Dr. Cosmas Maduka’s Inspirational Story! (READ) by chefetalkane(m): 2:10am On Jun 25, 2016
#beinspired The Coscharis Story: Cosmos Maduka’s Detailed Biography

Dr. Evang. Cosmos Maduabuchukwu Maduka (CON) (born on 24th December, 1958) popularly called Cosmos Maduka is a Nigerian billionaire businesman, industrialist, banker, investor, philantropist and founder of Coscharis Group of Companies – a conglomerate with interest in automobiles, technology, beverage, medical and foods, beverages and biostadt. ‘Coscharis’ i s a name gotten from Cosmos and his wife’s name (the first three letters). He mad... continue reading at http://myrecentnews.com/home/beinspired-the-coscharis-story-cosmos-madukas-detailed-biography/

(1) (Reply)

A Nigeria Female Corper Dance To Olamide Shaku Shaku Music / Meet The Brazilian Man Born With His Head Upside-down / Shocking PHOTOS + VIDEO Of Oyibo Girls Fighting Dirty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.