Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,326 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

My Baptism Experience - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Baptism Experience (1629 Views)

How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism / Are We Saved By Faith Or By Water Baptism? / My Baptism Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Baptism Experience by kokolet007(f): 12:42pm On Oct 10, 2013
I was baptised on saturday 5th of oct 2013 at jehovah's witness district convention @ ota assembly.
It was the happiest Day of my life,that's why I decided to share my experience with my nairalander brothers and sisthers. please don't critize my writting am not repogal nor frank thanks!
Immediately the service started I sat @ the reserve sit for baptismal candidate, we were 49 in number between the age of 60 to 15 years ready to serve jehovah, 4,896 bro and sisthers in attendance that already gave me the assurance am not alone in the race of life .I was happy at the same time sad.............Now I will explain!.
I was happy because I found myself priviledge and lucky to know the bible truth about God despite of my background, my past and my former religion and also priviledge to be among God's family and his organisation, I don't think I can buy that with money except jehovah' love through his son provision.
I was sober at the same time because it was a remarkable day in my life and I only saw my spiritual bro and sis felitating with me , non of my family member came, but what came to my mind is 1pet 2vs 10 that I was once a child bt now God's child, the bible also admonish me that he will surely makes me strong and the hym was very touching [1peter 5:10] tho I shed some tears of joy but I must say I felt so happy and grateful to jehovah God for choosing me from the darkness and brought me to this new life
Of his wonderful truth!
What a remakeable experience as I made a public declaration to serve Jehovah, am very sure he will never forsake me as he did to his prophet of old!

3 Likes

Re: My Baptism Experience by specialguest(f): 2:08pm On Oct 10, 2013
Congrats. May the Lord keep you
Re: My Baptism Experience by OmolodMilkman93(m): 2:26pm On Oct 10, 2013
Congrats sister. Welcome to The Way to Life
Re: My Baptism Experience by kokolet007(f): 6:57pm On Oct 10, 2013
specialguest: Congrats. May the Lord keep you
Thanks sisther
Re: My Baptism Experience by kokolet007(f): 6:58pm On Oct 10, 2013
OmolodMilkman93: Congrats sister. Welcome to The Way to Life
Thanks bro
Re: My Baptism Experience by gazilion: 12:24am On Oct 11, 2013
kokolet007:
Thanks bro

I'm sincerely concerned for you. You seem quite zealous. You've been entangled and baptized into serious error. I pray God will deliver you from the errors of the JWs lest you regret in eternity. Marian, you look too pretty to miss heaven. I beg you to seriously think about your decision and escape this impending damnation!
Re: My Baptism Experience by kokolet007(f): 12:47am On Oct 11, 2013
gazilion:

I'm sincerely concerned for you. You seem quite zealous. You've been entangled and baptized into serious error. I pray God will deliver you from the errors of the JWs lest you regret in eternity. Marian, you look too pretty to miss heaven. I beg you to seriously think about your decision and escape this impending damnation!
Thanks for ur concern,where do u think is appropiate for me to worship?
Re: My Baptism Experience by gazilion: 1:01pm On Oct 11, 2013
kokolet007:
Thanks for ur concern,where do u think is appropiate for me to worship?

It won't be wise to direct you to any worship centre so you don't think I'm elevating one church above another. My candid advice is for you to pray sincerely to God with all your heart. He will tell and make you know in very clear terms what next step to take. I did it and it worked. It will work for you if you will do it with all sincerity of purpose.
Re: My Baptism Experience by kokolet007(f): 2:24pm On Oct 11, 2013
gazilion:

It won't be wise to direct you to any worship centre so you don't think I'm elevating one church above another. My candid advice is for you to pray sincerely to God with all your heart. He will tell and make you know in very clear terms what next step to take. I did it and it worked. It will work for you if you will do it with all sincerity of purpose.
Ofcos I did that and it also worked for me, I pray to know him and he answered my prayers!
Read and study ur bible intensely and see for ursef what the spirit is saying

2 Likes

Re: My Baptism Experience by timbros(m): 2:32pm On Dec 23, 2013
Congrat sister!

Now the race for life begins! Always remember the advices contained in the baptismal talk. Always remember you're not alone in this race. More than 7million of us earthwide are around you, OK? Welcome to a UNIQUE organisation!

1 Like

Re: My Baptism Experience by timbros(m): 2:37pm On Dec 23, 2013
gazilion:

Funny how you condemned her decision to be a JW yet you're not recommending any church above the other.

Don't you think that says something about JW? We are different!

cool
Re: My Baptism Experience by kokolet007(f): 10:57pm On Dec 23, 2013
timbros: Congrat sister!

Now the race for life begins! Always remember the advices contained in the baptismal talk. Always remember you're not alone in this race. More than 7million of us earthwide are around you, OK? Welcome to a UNIQUE organisation!
Thanks bro! Really appreciate ur post, its really inspiring and I will keep the advices to heart!
Re: My Baptism Experience by timbros(m): 11:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
kokolet007:
Thanks bro! Really appreciate ur post, its really inspiring and I will keep the advices to heart!

smiley
Re: My Baptism Experience by gazilion: 9:25am On Oct 15, 2014
kokolet007:

I pray God opens your heart to find out THE TRUTH before it's too late!
Re: My Baptism Experience by prinzfavian(m): 1:41am On May 23, 2015
Congrats sis, ure welcome to the family...and remember the real race has just begun but have no fear Jehovah is with you...all the best.
Re: My Baptism Experience by johnw74: 3:08am On May 23, 2015
timbros:

Funny how you condemned her decision to be a JW yet you're not recommending any church above the other.

Don't you think that says something about JW? We are different!

cool

You are different
you claim to be Christian
but don't believe Jesus Christ is God in the flesh
but an Angel.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Greek word that God comes from there is "theos" which means "God" not "a god"
Your Bible adds to God's inspired Word.

1 Like

Re: My Baptism Experience by badnature: 10:39am On Jun 01, 2015
my sister any baptism that is not of holy spirit is just a religious practice and Christianity is not a religion,but a relationship with GOD . for you to receive the promise of FATHER you need the presence of the COMFORTER which is the HOLY SPIRIT
Re: My Baptism Experience by OneJ: 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2018
johnw74:

You are different
you claim to be Christian
but don't believe Jesus Christ is God in the flesh
but an Angel.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Greek word that God comes from there is "theos" which means "God" not "a god"
Your Bible adds to God's inspired Word.

U are ignorant. That's all.
In John 1:1 ,this is how the Greek word for word transliteration reads:

"in beginning was the word (Jesus) and the word was toward the god (Almighty) and the word was god"

In John 1:1b, there is a definite article ("the"wink which identify an entity ("the word", "the god"wink but John 1:1c "god" has no definite article, "the". Therefore, it is imperative & proper to insert indefinite article ("a", ), to make its meaning very clear.
Acts 12:22 (KJV) should be "the voice of god" but in obedience to the rules of Greek grammar, it reads: "the voice of a god". (The same rules was applied to Acts28:6KJV "he was god" was properly changed to read: "he was a god". Let's not bend the rules of Greek grammar, John 1:1c is actually "the word was a god"wink.
In over 13 Bible translations, "the word was a god" (or divine" is the most authentic rendition).
Source : John 1:1 wikipedia.
Google it.

NWT is more accurate than that Bible translation wey dey your shelf.
Re: My Baptism Experience by johnw74: 3:13am On Sep 14, 2018
OneJ:

U are ignorant. That's all.
In John 1:1 ,this is how the Greek word for word transliteration reads:

"in beginning was the word (Jesus) and the word was toward the god (Almighty) and the word was god"

In John 1:1b, there is a definite article ("the"wink which identify an entity ("the word", "the god"wink but John 1:1c "god" has no definite article, "the". Therefore, it is imperative & proper to insert indefinite article ("a", ), to make its meaning very clear.
Acts 12:22 (KJV) should be "the voice of god" but in obedience to the rules of Greek grammar, it reads: "the voice of a god". (The same rules was applied to Acts28:6KJV "he was god" was properly changed to read: "he was a god". Let's not bend the rules of Greek grammar, John 1:1c is actually "the word was a god"wink.
In over 13 Bible translations, "the word was a god" (or divine" is the most authentic rendition).
Source : John 1:1 wikipedia.
Google it.

NWT is more accurate than that Bible translation wey dey your shelf.

onej, you claim that the Word is "a god"

did "a god" create all that is created?

Joh 1:3  All things were made by him(the Word-Jesus Christ); and without him(the Word-Jesus Christ) was not any thing made that was made.

Gen 1:1  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

is "a god" the Saviour of the world?

Isa_43:11  I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Joh_4:42  And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying:
for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

the Word certainally is God, as many more scriptures than these also show

but onej you have shown who is ignorant

(1) (Reply)

Another Tree Writes Name Of Allah In Ibadan(pictures) / Is This True: Your Tithe Is Not Your Seed -Pst TT Edun Of CEC / down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.