Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,385 members, 7,781,105 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:59 AM

I'm so miserable - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm so miserable (14687 Views)

I'm So Heart Broken Right Now / I'm So Ashamed Of Guys Who Do This..... / Too Much Sex Can Make You Miserable- New Research (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm so miserable by Amya(f): 3:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
I broke up with my boyfriend 2days ago. Let me tell you all the story.
We met last year. He'd just broken up with his girlfriend of 2 years on fidelity grounds (she does runs) and I'd just ended a very toxic r/ship of 3 years. We decided to be friends first to see where things would lead to ( as we wouldn't like to fall into that rebound trap) 2 months later we started dating.

I met him at a very low-point in his life. He had just returned from PH where he'd gone for some business and squandered the money his parents gave him for his masters in the US (his parents actually thought he was in the US!) They made peace with him and encouraged him to go for his service. He bailed camp after 1 week, thereby disrupting his whole service year. His parents then ignored him. So he was basically doing nothing when I met him. Just eating and sleeping at his parents. And that is when I met him.

His parents had some financial crisis at some point and threw him out. They told him he had six younger ones and he who had already had a first class education abroad shouldn't end up being a liability to them. So he ended up moving from one friend's house to the other. And after a day or two, they'd tell him to leave. At some point, he had to sleep in his car at night. Since we were already dating then, and I loved him. I took up his complete care as he didn't have a dime, encouraged him to get a job. Even help him look. But since he hadn't served, that was hard. I pulled in all my resources and got a decent self contain for him. Went to retrieve my university furnishing and used it there. Made sure he never lacked anything. Gave him money. Cooked for him did lot's of stuff for him.

I believed his situation was temporary and all he needed was to focus. He was good to me too. And never forgot to say how much he loved me. I never for once rubbed it in his face that he was dependent on me. I never cheated on him. Really really loved him.

The family finances became what it used to, and he kept saying he would never go back to his parents and beg. I thought It was a good idea. I encouraged him to be completely independent from them financially for self respect but have a good relationship with them and visit them always.

He reunited with them 2months ago. His Dad wants to set him up with a car dealership. wants him to move to lagos for that. I was happy for him. We'd already planned how we'd commute to from lag to abj every other week.
I went to see him on monday, took his phone and saw a chat he was having with his ex. He claimed he was still single and we wanted her back. He told her they were meant to be together forever. I confronted him. He was dumb struck. I broke up with him and left immediately.

cry

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm so miserable by didicold(f): 4:00pm On Oct 10, 2013
Aaaaw, that had to sting. Just take a deep breath, cry as much as u need, talk to ur closest friend so he or she can be d support u need rite now, its gonna be tough as hell,cos it seems u loved dis guy so much u were willing to take a risk on him but time heals. Adn from ur gist ,it seems he has flaky personality dat can't stand d distance with anything, try to convince urself its good riddance to bad rubbish. And try real hard not to think about ur investment (emotional, finacial) on dis guy, it will only make u bitter.
Shit like dis happens all d time, we just have to move on.

3 Likes

Re: I'm so miserable by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 10, 2013
Damn!

You did all you could. It's not your fault that he's an ungrateful bastard. I know he'll be back. I hope you don't take him back when he does, because, that will be foolishness and not love. . .

Sorry, you'll get over the efulefulistic homo sapiens.

8 Likes

Re: I'm so miserable by Lovexme(m): 4:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
Guys like him are the reason ladies 'hate' men, and dread relationships.

12 Likes

Re: I'm so miserable by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 10, 2013
My sympathy is with you. I am really sorry you have to go through such an experience. You will need time to heal. It goes without saying that he doesn't deserve you. Look at it from this perspective, he has been a big disappointment to his parents, so he can easily be a disappointment to anyone else. It's not your fault, it's obviously his character.

What is conspicous, though, is that your previous relationship was toxic too and the new one wan't easy either and ended in a very bad way for you. What is it that draws you to "toxic men"? Ask yourself and start anew from there so that your next relationship will be with someone who deserves women like you.

My best wishes to you girl. Don't allow this experience to make you bitter, but let it make you stronger and wiser.

2 Likes

Re: I'm so miserable by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 10, 2013
carefreewannabe: My sympathy is with you. I am really sorry you have to go through such an experience. You will need time to heal. It goes without saying that he doesn't deserve you. Look at it from this perspective, he has been a big disappointment to his parents, so he can easily be a disappointment to anyone else. It's not your fault, it's obviously his character.

What is conspicous, though, is that your previous relationship was toxic too and the new one wan't easy either and ended in a very bad way for you. What is it that draws you to "toxic men"? Ask yourself and start anew from there so that your next relationship will be with someone who deserves women like you.

My best wishes to girl. Don't allow this experience to make you bitter, but let it make you stronger and wiser.
you took these exact words right out of my mouth!!!
Re: I'm so miserable by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 10, 2013
Lovexme: Guys like him are the reason ladies 'hate' men, and dread relationships.

Maybe not hate but mistrust and once you are not able to trust, no relationship is going to be easy. embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: I'm so miserable by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 10, 2013
Bludeville:
you took these exact words right out of my mouth!!!

wink wink wink
Re: I'm so miserable by Omolola1(f): 4:28pm On Oct 10, 2013
Goodness!!
This is so sad. That guy is a j.erk, a b.astar.d, good for nothing imbec.ile. . Damn!
He is not worth it, forget about him. Infact, don't ask for explanations from him, coz all you would get is lies and more lies. Please don't accept him back coz I know he would come running back.
Forget that cockroach
Re: I'm so miserable by Amya(f): 4:42pm On Oct 10, 2013
Why it hurt so much is because I thought I've found that good person. I never believed he could do this to me. Still shocking.
Re: I'm so miserable by iebanehita(m): 4:58pm On Oct 10, 2013
^^

Guess you have fallen into the rebound trap.

Just stay out of relationship for a while.
Hang out with friends/family and peeps that make you smile/laugh.
Re: I'm so miserable by nicetboy(m): 5:02pm On Oct 10, 2013
Nne you that guy dont deserve...dnt be suprise he is sending her ex the text cus of sex...you deserve better go on with ur life and most importantly ur nt miserable ur perfect
Re: I'm so miserable by jaybee3(m): 5:02pm On Oct 10, 2013
Can you please answer this question.
Are you angry because he was a cheat and things didn't work or you are distraught because "after all you did for him" he still cheated on you?

2 Likes

Re: I'm so miserable by Amya(f): 5:16pm On Oct 10, 2013
jay bee: Can you please answer this question.
Are you angry because he was a cheat and things didn't work or you are distraught because "after all you did for him" he still cheated on you?

1. I'm not angry. I'm sad, miserable, in the dumps e.t.c

2. Who says he cheated? He may be planning to.

3. I didn't do any of those things for him because I wanted him in my debts forever, no! I did it cos I loved him! Why should he suffer when he has me?

4 it hurts because if he truly loved me, he wouldn't want to get back with his ex. He wouldn't say all he said to her if he truly loved me. He wouldn't deny my existence if he truly loved me.

12 Likes

Re: I'm so miserable by Dyt(f): 5:28pm On Oct 10, 2013
I hate love gone sour stories
Come here babes
*hugs her*
Cry on my shoulder

2 Likes

Re: I'm so miserable by Ruq: 5:28pm On Oct 10, 2013
Op i really feel bad and i hardly do but sumfin tells me you mite get back 2geda

Re: I'm so miserable by mysticgal(f): 5:38pm On Oct 10, 2013
had a similar experience,but mine was worst,he used my money to marry his ex,it pained me,but i have moved on.there was a time i went to the police station to file some charges of fraud,but how will i explain i just left,i spent thousands of nairas on that bastard,i may say sweet words to some guys but i hate men,i hate men.amya move on and forget the freaking bastard

7 Likes

Re: I'm so miserable by Dyt(f): 5:41pm On Oct 10, 2013
mysticgal: had a similar experience,but mine was worst,he used my money to marry his ex,it pained me,but i have moved on.there was a time i went to the police station to file some charges of fraud,but how will i explain i just left,i spent thousands of nairas on that bastard,i may say sweet words to some guys but i hate men,i hate men.

Omo
Babes eyes don see o
I been dey think say my tori no get competition
My STORIES for another day

2 Likes

Re: I'm so miserable by xynerise: 5:45pm On Oct 10, 2013
Gosh!

Dude is a golddigger
Re: I'm so miserable by xynerise: 5:46pm On Oct 10, 2013
mysticgal: had a similar experience,but mine was worst,he used my money to marry his ex,it pained me,but i have moved on.there was a time i went to the police station to file some charges of fraud,but how will i explain i just left,i spent thousands of nairas on that bastard,i may say sweet words to some guys but i hate men,i hate men.amya move on and forget the freaking bastard
But we love you undecided

1 Like

Re: I'm so miserable by Omolola1(f): 5:55pm On Oct 10, 2013
Dyt:

Omo
Babes eyes don see o

haha! No wonder you are so ruthless grin
Re: I'm so miserable by jaybee3(m): 5:58pm On Oct 10, 2013
Amya:

1. I'm not angry. I'm sad, miserable, in the dumps e.t.c

2. Who says he cheated? He may be planning to.

3. I didn't do any of those things for him because I wanted him in my debts forever, no! I did it cos I loved him! Why should he suffer when he has me?

4 it hurts because if he truly loved me, he wouldn't want to get back with his ex. He wouldn't say all he said to her if he truly loved me. He wouldn't deny my existence if he truly loved me.

So let's focus on the fact that this dude (albeit a lazy sod not worthy to be called a man) lied about your existence despite what you guys have and solid you though it was.

The frank thing is, he doesn't deserve you and you are better off without him. I think the quicker you can start looking at the positives out of this whole debacle the easier it will be for you as far as moving on is concerned.

I know it's tough but i pray you will be able to find the much needed inner strength to be able to pull through.

All the best

3 Likes

Re: I'm so miserable by Amya(f): 5:58pm On Oct 10, 2013
Dyt:

Omo
Babes eyes don see o

The only joy from my own story is that I did the dumping amidst his tears. He was actually rolling on the floor begging. But I would hear none of it. Years before when I was a complete mumu, I'd have justified his actions and forgiven him till he dumps me! I've grownup since those childishness. I'd rather cry today than cry tmrw!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm so miserable by mysticgal(f): 5:59pm On Oct 10, 2013
xynerise:
But we love you undecided

i never thought i would ever be swindled,i thought of ways to make him vomit my money,to punish,mycheew but in a second thought,i just left things the way they were before i die of high bp,as for now xy,my education and career comes first,men last.undecided

1 Like

Re: I'm so miserable by Dyt(f): 5:59pm On Oct 10, 2013
Omolola1:

haha! No wonder you are so ruthless grin

Hehehehe
Not rili
They jst need to be put where they belong
Re: I'm so miserable by xynerise: 6:00pm On Oct 10, 2013
Dyt:

Omo
Babes eyes don see o
Every wise person don see fire for relationship o. If you hear my own you go hate your specie. grin.

Heartbreak gives you wisdom in your next relationship cool

4 Likes

Re: I'm so miserable by Amya(f): 6:00pm On Oct 10, 2013
jay bee:

So let's focus on the fact that this dude (albeit a lazy sod not worthy to be called a man) lied about your existence despite what you guys have and solid you though it was.

The frank thing is, he doesn't deserve you and you are better off without him. I think the quicker you can start looking at the positives out of this whole debacle the easier it will be for you as far as moving on is concerned.

I know it's tough but i pray you will be able to find the much needed inner strength to be able to pull through.

All the best

Thanks dear. I'll pick up myself and move on.

1 Like

Re: I'm so miserable by Dyt(f): 6:01pm On Oct 10, 2013
Amya:

The only joy from my own story is that I did the dumping amidst his tears. He was actually rolling on the floor begging. But I would hear none of it. Years before when I was a complete mumu, I'd have justified his actions and forgiven him till he dumps me! I've grownup since those childishness. I'd rather cry today than cry tmrw!

Pls stand on ur words
Don't let him cramp u with some silly emotions
Thumbs up, I admire ur courage

1 Like

Re: I'm so miserable by Dyt(f): 6:02pm On Oct 10, 2013
xynerise:
Every wise person don see fire for relationship o. If you hear my own you go hate your specie. grin.

Heartbreak gives you wisdom in your next relationship cool

Na so e be o Antelope
Re: I'm so miserable by 190theclown: 6:02pm On Oct 10, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: I'm so miserable by 190theclown: 6:03pm On Oct 10, 2013

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hahahahahahahaa
Re: I'm so miserable by 190theclown: 6:03pm On Oct 10, 2013
anyway lemme stop laffing!!

OP - call me lets talk grin grin grin grin grin grin

rotfl

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

This Is Why Women Moan During Sex / . / Really Liked A Naija (yoruba) Girl And Regret Not Doing Anything (i'm Oyinbo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.