Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

11 Corps Members Sanctioned For Truancy In Enugu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 11 Corps Members Sanctioned For Truancy In Enugu (488 Views)

Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign / AIT Should Be Sanctioned For The Provocative Documentary / 101 Drug Firms Sanctioned In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

11 Corps Members Sanctioned For Truancy In Enugu by yunglykmine(m): 8:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
The service year of the affected corps members was extended.

Eleven of the 2,879 corps members who served in Enugu State have bagged an extension of their service year for staying away from service for three months or more.

Ten of them are to start the service year afresh while one had his service extended by six months.

The Coordinator of the NYSC in the state, Hilary Nasamu, said during the passing out ceremony of the 2012 Batch `C` corps members in Enugu on Thursday that the action was to punish wrong doing.
“There is no wrong doing without repercussion. In NYSC, there is no escape. If you do not put in the required hours, days and months of service, you will be punished.
“Those corps members absconded from service for periods ranging from three months and above, and for that they have to repeat the service all over.
“Others who are still serving should learn from this and know that there is no running away from duty when it is constitutionally mandated,’’ Mr. Nasamu said.

He advised the outgoing corps members to create employment for themselves rather than wait to be employed.
Earlier, Governor Sullivan Chime commended the corps members for their contributions to primary healthcare, enlightenment campaigns, environmental beautification and infrastructural development.

The governor, represented by the Commissioner for Education, Chris Okoro, charged the corps members to equip themselves to survive in a competitive world.
Ten outgoing corps members also received the state governors’ honours award with cash benefit of N100, 000 each; while another 10 got N60, 000 each for bagging the NYSC governing council honours.
One of the recipients, James Nwankwo, expressed happiness with the award, noting that it was hard work that gave it to him.
Mr. Nwankwo, who was the best corps member in the state, promised to continue with charity work even after the service year.
“I feel very good. I am happy because I was able to serve my country and I emerged as the best. I achieved this through charity, through donation of wheelchairs to patients,’’ he said.
Another recipient of the award, Adedeji Ademola, thanked the state government for the gesture, saying that it had motivated him to continue to give his best to humanity.
Mr. Ademola promised to use his service experience to create jobs for people and surmount unemployment challenges in the country.
(NAN)

http://premiumtimesng.com/regional/146406-11-corps-members-sanctioned-truancy-enugu.html

Re: 11 Corps Members Sanctioned For Truancy In Enugu by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 10, 2013
Brb

(1) (Reply)

Willie Obiano Forgot The Name Of His Deputy While Speaking During ASA US Convent / Funeral Ceremonies Of First Lady’s Mother Commences October 31, 2013 / Many Injured As Hoodlums Sack PDP Secretariat In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.