Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 (1181 Views)

'Our Successors Have Forgotten Us' - Former PDP Governors/Deputies,To Form Forum / Tension, As Saraki Names Committee Heads, Deputies / TMG Dissociate Self From Presidential Debates, Accuse Organizers Of Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 by Stallion77(f): 10:49pm On Oct 10, 2013
The Nigerian Election Debates Group (NEDG) has concluded arrangements to stage issue- based debates for all the candidates that have been cleared by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for the November 16, 2013 election.
Altogether, 23 governorship candidates and their running mates are expected to participate in the debates.
Chairman of NEDG, Mr. Taiwo Alimi told reporters in Awka yesterday that 11 Non Governmental Organizations, NGOs, under NEDG, which include Broadcasting Organizations of Nigeria (BON), Nigeria Guild of Editors, Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) and Nigeria Bar Association (NBA), Election Reform Network and Transition Monitoring Group (TMG) are involved in organizing the debates.
According to Alimi, the debates, which will be in two sessions are scheduled for October 22, 2013 for the running mates, while the governorship candidates would have theirs on October 29 and 31.
He said: “The coalition of media and civil society groups seek to set agenda and provide for the people of Anambra State an opportunity to get relevant information about each of the persons aspiring to rule them. What we are trying to do is to provide a platform at which everybody will have the opportunity of telling the people what they can do”.
Alimi said that those who would take part in the final debate on 31st October would be determined by the outcome of opinion poll of the registered voters in Anambra State, as conducted by credible researchers
He explained that as part of the debate, a non participating audience that would not clap or eulogize any of the candidates would be allowed into the hall, adding that the idea is to provide a level –playing field for all the candidates.
He said that NEDG had successfully conducted similar debates in Edo and Ondo states and hoped that Anambra governorship candidates would participate effectively.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/candidates-deputies-square-debates-oct-22-29-31/
Re: Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 by Stallion77(f): 10:50pm On Oct 10, 2013
So we have adopted debates before election. ...
..this a must watch and a welcome devedevelopment.

1 Like

Re: Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 by Stallion77(f): 10:52pm On Oct 10, 2013
Ifvyou gree say naija go better click like" make we shame bad belle pple and countries...

1 Like

Re: Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 by sEyi6: 11:09pm On Oct 10, 2013
Stallion77: So we have adopted debates before election. ...
..this a must watch and a welcome devedevelopment.

It's indeed a good development. It's not new though, because this same body(NDEG) had organized debates in the last two gubernatorial elections in the country; Edo and Ondo election.

I watched the two debates, it's was really good see our elected leaders and aspires debate on how to make life better for us.
Re: Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 by Dblack: 4:09am On Oct 11, 2013
Which station do we tune too
Re: Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 by Stallion77(f): 9:11am On Oct 11, 2013
We also need our senators to debate too.....
Re: Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 by kingbang: 9:17am On Oct 11, 2013
Good! Excellent development! I need to watch Ifeanyi Ubah in a debate. grin grin grin grin
Re: Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 by sEyi6: 9:32am On Oct 11, 2013
Dblack: Which station do we tune too

AIT
Re: Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 by ik4life: 10:22am On Oct 11, 2013
kingbang: Good! Excellent development! I need to watch Ifeanyi Ubah in a debate. grin grin grin grin
who u need to watch is obiano not ifeanyi ubah
Re: Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 by kingbang: 10:47am On Oct 11, 2013
ik4life: who u need to watch is obiano not ifeanyi ubah

Are you getting jittery already nwanne? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Don't worry, we shall all watch all of them. Onye gba oso, aunty ya! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 by ik4life: 11:20am On Oct 11, 2013
kingbang:

Are you getting jittery already nwanne? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Don't worry, we shall all watch all of them. Onye gba oso, aunty ya! cheesy cheesy cheesy
you sound like a kid anyway I hope u saw how he messed himself up. During apga's campaign flag off
Re: Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 by kingbang: 11:32am On Oct 11, 2013
ik4life: you sound like a kid anyway I hope u saw how he messed himself up. During apga's campaign flag off

The only mess up we know is the NECO holder illiterate called Ifeanyi Ubah. Let us wait for the debate and stop ranting, you rabid dog.
Re: Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 11, 2013
Interesting! The same group that organised the 2011 presidential election debate which Buhari and co boycotted.
Re: Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 by awodman: 11:50am On Oct 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Interesting! The same group that organised the 2011 presidential election debate which Buhari and co boycotted.
What is the name of that hurriedly packaged group that the oni baje crew keeps referring to that Jonathan missed their debate?

Where are they now..while the NEDG(which organized the debate Jonathan presented himself for) has kept on waxing stronger..organizing debates for all gubernatorial election since after the 2011 general elections

1 Like

Re: Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 by ik4life: 11:50am On Oct 11, 2013
kingbang:

The only mess up we know is the NECO holder illiterate called Ifeanyi Ubah. Let us wait for the debate and stop ranting, you rabid dog.
hahahahaha for calling somebody u don't know a dog in a public forum!,u are certainly a kid
Re: Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 by kingbang: 12:00pm On Oct 11, 2013
ik4life: hahahahaha for calling somebody u don't know a dog in a public forum!,u are certainly a kid

Of course you have been showing traits of a rabid dog with all these your senseless rants. grin grin grin. Sorry if it hurts but that's just the truth. No sane person would support a JOKE like Ifeanyi Ubah, so that calls your sanity into question.
Re: Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 by JMOI: 12:01pm On Oct 11, 2013
Is Soludo still a candidate? If yes, which party? Will he participate in the debate?
This debate go make sense ooo.
Ngige vs Ubah vs Ukachukwu vs Obiano vs Soludo
Re: Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 by sEyi6: 1:00pm On Oct 11, 2013
JMOI: Is Soludo still a candidate? If yes, which party? Will he participate in the debate?
This debate go make sense ooo.
Ngige vs Ubah vs Ukachukwu vs Obiano vs Soludo

Soludo is gone, he's not a flag bearer of any party for Anambra's Nov gubernatorial election.
Re: Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 by Stallion77(f): 7:05pm On Oct 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Interesting! The same group that organised the 2011 presidential election debate which Buhari and co boycotted.

IF it could be boycotted.....then wats the point?
Re: Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 by Stallion77(f): 7:06pm On Oct 11, 2013
And hey....no fighting on ma thread abeg
Re: Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 by Kingsley1000(m): 8:21pm On Oct 11, 2013
That's a wellcome development...If held as scheduled,,i can say NGIGE has won the election becos of his eloquent nature
Re: Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 by warrior01: 9:25pm On Oct 11, 2013
Kingsley1000: That's a wellcome development...If held as scheduled,,i can say NGIGE has won the election becos of his eloquent nature
Are you for real? Ngige eloquent? wetin person no go see for Nairaland
Re: Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 by Stallion77(f): 7:02pm On Oct 19, 2013
warrior01:
Are you for real? Ngige eloquent? wetin person no go see for Nairaland

grin grin grin
Re: Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 19, 2013
obiano will fumble in any debate, that guy has nothing to offer anambra sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 by ik4life: 10:57pm On Oct 19, 2013
cowleg: obiano will fumble in any debate, that guy has nothing to offer anambra sad sad sad sad sad
hahahahaha I said it before they were busy saying that ifeanyi ubah will fumble,I thank God other people are noticing it too. Abegi which channel will air the debate
Re: Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 by Nobody: 12:09am On Oct 20, 2013
ik4life: hahahahaha I said it before they were busy saying that ifeanyi ubah will fumble,I thank God other people are noticing it too. Abegi which channel will air the debate
ifeanyi ubah will beat obiano hands down in any political debate, i noticed obiano lacks charisma, confidence, political power, he is even bereft of ideas how to run a government, the guy is more of a civil servant than a politician
Re: Candidates, Deputies To Square Up In Debates, Oct 22, 29, 31 by ik4life: 11:17am On Oct 21, 2013
cowleg:
ifeanyi ubah will beat obiano hands down in any political debate, i noticed obiano lacks charisma, confidence, political power, he is even bereft of ideas how to run a government, the guy is more of a civil servant than a politician
he is simply clueless

(1) (Reply)

Checkout This Comparison Between Barack Obama And Stella Oduah / REVEALED: Why Jonathan, Wife Are Fighting Me — Amaechi / Underground Cables For Electricity Distribution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.