Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant (11263 Views)

Kwara Generates N3.2b In Three Months / Tinubu Came To See Me 3 Times B4 I Approved Oando Conocophilips Deal - Diezani / Abia Awards N3.2b Contracts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by 0monnakoda: 11:56am On Oct 11, 2013
collynzo2: 10.34MW is a giant generator at best. We need to be serious.
That may be true but NIGERIA is generating an average of about 100MW per state i.e 10 such generators for an ENTIRE STATE
EVERY STATE adds one such Generator a year out output would double in 10 years

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Hearme(m): 11:59am On Oct 11, 2013
Omooba77:
You can google the cost of those equipment and als factor in some contingency; it is stil a far cry, but like I said earlier, most of the money would have gone to kick backs and settling omo onile and agberos......................

Whatever, as far as it is a good project that outweighs food for ask rock at 1billion per annum. Which means after 4 years the presidency would have eaten rice and other food products worth 4billion
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Omooba77: 12:04pm On Oct 11, 2013
Hearme:

Whatever, as far as it is a good project that outweighs food for ask rock at 1billion per annum. Which means after 4 years the presidency would have eaten rice and other food products worth 4billion

This is not about negative criticism; but not to take everything we are fed with hook and sink.....................
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by victorv12(m): 12:10pm On Oct 11, 2013
How can a reasonable government spent 3.2 billion Naira on a 10.34 megawatts of dual fired power plant! We're too damn corrupt and greedy in this country. I think we need to start stoning these our leaders anywhere we see them.

These our leaders treat us like fools that don't know anything to an extent they believe we can swallow anything. If Lagos state can generate up to 30 Billion Naira in a month, what is stopping the state from having its own hydro electric power plant?!

Lagos environs is surrounded with water, I wonder why the state can't come up with an idea of generating energy by using water. And why's the project for the state secretariat complex alone?

Our leaders are too wicked and greedy...everybody will be blaming Jonathan for not having energy in their states, I think we should look inward and remove the noose around Jonathan's neck and tie it around all these state governors.

Oando will live on Lagos state by selling natural gas or other liquid fuels to power the plant, and in the long run, the state will endup paying more to a cartel of crooks.

Our leaders are too wicked! We need to start stoning these b*stards anywhere we see them. None of them deserve any form of honor, they're all thieves!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by sCun: 12:13pm On Oct 11, 2013
Hearme:
I remember that Odili did something like this in Rivers state. If all our leaders from 1999 has done a little of this, we would have been progressing gradually. Which other state has taken such initiative and brought it to fruition.
Akwa Ibom has a much bigger power plant, Rivers have several.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Omooba77: 12:14pm On Oct 11, 2013
victorv12: How can a reasonable government spent 3.2 billion Naira on a 10.34 megawatts of dual fired power plant! We're too damn corrupt and greedy in this country. I think we need to start stoning these our leaders anywhere we see them.

These our leaders treat us like fools that don't know anything to the extent they believe we can swallow anything. If Lagos state can generate up to 30 Billion Naira in a month, what is stopping the state from having its own hydro electric power plant?!

Lagos environs is surrounded with water, I wonder why the state can't come up with an idea of generating energy by using water. And why's the project for the state ministries alone?

Our leaders are too wicked and greedy...everybody will be blaming Jonathan for not having energy in their states, I think we should look inward and remove the noose around Jonathan's neck and tie it around all these state governors.

Oando will live on Lagos state by selling natural gas or other liquid fuels to power the plants, and in the long run, the state will endup paying more to a cartel of some crooks.

Our leaders are too wicked! We need to start stoning these b*stards anywhere we see them. None of them deserve any form of honor, they're all thieves!
That is the point; it is not just celebrating projects, we need to know the cost too. Lagos water may not support Hydro, because you need a height to increase the flow of water to turbines... But Thermal can be sustained by LASG............

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by muyik78(m): 12:18pm On Oct 11, 2013
collynzo2: 10MW x 36 states = 360MW pure trash, that is not worth calling a power plant and you know it. You also have to consider the amount of money involved.
U are to ignorant of what it is to generate.
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by slimfit1(m): 12:19pm On Oct 11, 2013
Scun: Akwa Ibom has a much bigger power plant, Rivers have several.

I think lagos too, tinubu introduced the gas fire power plant with eviron can't remember the name before they where forced to send it to the national grid.
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by muyik78(m): 12:24pm On Oct 11, 2013
victorv12: How can a reasonable government spent 3.2 billion Naira on a 10.34 megawatts of dual fired power plant! We're too damn corrupt and greedy in this country. I think we need to start stoning these our leaders anywhere we see them.

These our leaders treat us like fools that don't know anything to the extent they believe we can swallow anything. If Lagos state can generate up to 30 Billion Naira in a month, what is stopping the state from having its own hydro electric power plant?!

Lagos environs is surrounded with water, I wonder why the state can't come up with an idea of generating energy by using water. And why's the project for the state secretariat complex alone?

Oando will live on Lagos state by selling natural gas or other liquid fuels to power the plants, and in the long run, the state will endup paying more to a cartel of some crooks.
U guys often display that, u are too shor sighted to know things, ang lazy minded of urs do not whay to know, do u know what it is to generate, where is the outcome of what OBJ spent on power?
All u just do is to criticise ans display low level of understanding.
It a welcome development, if nothing is done will u be happy?
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by muyik78(m): 12:33pm On Oct 11, 2013
eyenCalabar: I think almost everybody here can't be against Lagos State or it's progress on this. We have to accept this fact and move on, let's call a spade, a spade. The said amount of money is just too much for 10.34MW. I am not a tribalist but this is just the truth though it's a welcome development. Again, the project is just for a select few places and doesn't really affect the people [except via street light]. Government should embark on projects that really affects the masses and not something like this. Even if I was a Lagosian, I wouldn't celebrate this pls.
Will it not take pressure off the grid?
Criticise positively, that is all i am saying, I am not a follower of any party, or tribe, because i realise that has basterdise our thinking in this country,if it is not our own, its not good enof, that is y where are yet to select a credible leader in this country. all the mediocre in politicals arena are reflection of what we are!
No wonder no meaningful development
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Boss13: 12:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
My opinion on this is mixed. Maybe the state government intends to reduce it cost for running generators, which I consider to be good. However, I feel this is a gorrilla project undertaken by the state government. They psyched the general public by saying they are freeing the national grid to allow for more power to be distributed to the state (and I don't support that) because it is not realistic. Power supply has gone down drastically recently. If a state government intends to embark on a project such project should have massive improvement on the lives of its people and not secluded to certain section. I just finished reading Atedo's Peterside publication to the Bankers' Committee on power and he really broke down the progress being achieved in power restoration in the country. It is a long race but if all parties stick to the deal it will all come well.

Now with that said, it can also assumed that the state government may return back to the national grid once power is fully restored in the country. Now what is going to happen to the 3.2billion already expended on this project. Also, we should note that this is a secretariat for civil service, expect that the secretariat can recover the money spent plus interest, then it is not a viable project but a waste of public fund. I can support IPPs for public hospitals to support health care but I cannot support this because it does not affect 98% of the population in Lagos. My humble opinion.
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Omooba77: 12:54pm On Oct 11, 2013
Boss13: My opinion on this is mixed. Maybe the state government intends to reduce it cost for running generators, which I consider to be good. However, I feel this is a gorrilla project undertaken by the state government. They psyched the general public by saying they are freeing the national grid to allow for more power to be distributed to the state (and I don't support that) because it is not realistic. Power supply has gone down drastically recently. If a state government intends to embark on a project such project should have massive improvement on the lives of its people and not secluded to certain section. I just finished reading Atedo's Peterside publication to the Bankers' Committee on power and he really broke down the progress being achieved in power restoration in the country. It is a long race but if all parties stick to the deal it will all come well.

Now with that said, it can also assumed that the state government may return back to the national grid once power is fully restored in the country. Now what is going to happen to the 3.2billion already expended on this project. Also, we should note that this is a secretariat for civil service, expect that the secretariat can recover the money spent plus interest, then it is not a viable project but a waste of public fund. I can support IPPs for public hospitals to support health care but I cannot support this because it does not affect 98% of the population in Lagos. My humble opinion.
Please can you post the link to Atedo's power break down to bankers' committee.....
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by eyenCalabar(m): 12:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
muyik78:
Will it not take pressure off the grid?
Criticise positively, that is all i am saying, I am not a follower of any party, or tribe, because i realise that has basterdise our thinking in this country,if it is not our own, its not good enof, that is y where are yet to select a credible leader in this country. all the mediocre in politicals arena are reflection of what we are!
No wonder no meaningful development

I'll go with you guys. It's ok. There'll still be some difference.
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Gorrbachev: 1:00pm On Oct 11, 2013
Okoro2015:

Good thing is good. Again well done Fash.
By removing all state owned infrainfrastructures from national grid, unprecedented measure of improved power will come to the ordinary citizens. Note that these facilities being removed always enjoy preferential treatment by PHCN.

True. you see them lit at night with no one in them.
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by analryder: 1:03pm On Oct 11, 2013
deor03: When I see comment from Nigerians on Social Media going along tribal lines, I marvel .

In my mind, I imagine either of the following

1. That they are just joking because i don't see how people can be soo myopic
2. They are not exposed enough to see to understand the dynamics of human existence
3. They are too lazy to engage their brains and subsequently conclude that good is for tribe A and bad is for tribe B

I seriously think that Most people fall into assumption 1, so I wave all those tribal comments as "jokes"

Congrats to Lagos state, I hope all companiess, governments, estates can start developing their power plants, so as to reduce the burden off the National grid

Guy am really impressed by ur thoughts...shows this site has some few right thinking people like u not some tribal junkies that is making this site to look childish

Congrats to Lagos and am happy with this development hope other states join in this development cos as we speak there are places in Rivers and Akwa Ibom that have been enjoying this for over 7yrs now as I can remember. Little by little Nigeria is lighting up. We just need to get in the right people
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by homody(m): 1:19pm On Oct 11, 2013
fyneguy: I have an issue with the cost. I can deliver a 30 MW Power Plant at that price.
Go deliver that for your village una no dey appreciate good things.
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 11, 2013
fyneguy: I have an issue with the cost. I can deliver a 30 MW Power Plant at that price.

You are absolutely right. The contract sum for this project has been grossly inflated by at least 200%. The standard international benchmark cost to produce a megawatt of power is $1million. That power plant should not cost more than 1 billion Naira at the very highest in Nigeria.

Dangote built a 140 megawatt power plant for his Ibeshe Cement plant for $90 million and it was built by Siemens of Germany. Its astounding how Oando of Nigeria can build a 10 megawatt power plant for $20 million despite lower labor costs in Nigeria. Won't be surprised if this is another money laundering effort by Oando for the powers-that-be in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by orgasticdance: 1:44pm On Oct 11, 2013
geeez: Those who have chosen to hate us, question our development, poke fingers at our system of governance and slander our ways of life can continue to do so

Well I have news for them, the more they resent us for developing our land, the more we will give them reasons to resent us

It's in our DNA to develop

We are wired to leave anywhere we find ourselves better than we met it

That's the Yoruba spirit

That's the Odua ingenuity

Yoruba land o ni baje
Shot the fork up, no race or ethnicity has a monopoly on human ingenuity! Do the work and let it speak for itself like all other progresive civilizations have/are doing angry
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Samxiulee: 1:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
kalokalo:

You are absolutely right. The contract sum for this project has been grossly inflated by at least 200%. The standard international benchmark cost to produce a megawatt of power is $1million. That power plant should not cost more than 1 billion Naira at the very highest in Nigeria.

Dangote built a 140 megawatt power plant for his Ibeshe Cement plant for $90 million and it was built by Siemens of Germany. Its astounding how Oando of Nigeria can build a 10 megawatt power plant for $20 million despite lower labor costs in Nigeria. Won't be surprised if this is another money laundering effort by Oando for the powers-that-be in Lagos.
I don't have a problem with the power plant,what I have a problem with is the cost,3billion for 10mv?its a disgrace and disgusting,we need to know the details of the contract,its ridiculous,
As a Lagosian and an admiral of BRF,pls I need to ask question on this project,pls EFCC /ICPC kindly find out how much it cost to provide this kind of project elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by hercules07: 1:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
Sam xiu lee: I don't have a problem with the power plant,what I have a problem with is the cost,3billion for 10mv?its a disgrace and disgusting,we need to know the details of the contract,its ridiculous,
As a Lagosian and an admiral of BRF,pls I need to ask question on this project,pls EFCC /ICPC kindly find out how much it cost to provide this kind of project elsewhere.

Not defending the LASG as per cost(we should always ask questions like these), but, being dual fired might have a role to play in the cost, also, being IPP, do people not think that OANDO will add their own on top?
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by nemadfsyahooc: 3:29pm On Oct 11, 2013
this is what is done in most developed countries, independent power plants(IPP) are the in-things that power most developed economy. Mind you nairalanders, this power plant is owned by oando while Lagos state government guarantees the consumption of the power generated through a power purchase agreement. same was done for Lagos Island power plant and the akute power plants. so its not Lagos State Government Property per see. Lagos will continue to work with this kind of arrangement. Kudos baba fash. We need one in our area ooo, Apapa GRA
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by mapet: 3:44pm On Oct 11, 2013
Here we go again making insinuations without having gone through the details of the scheme.
1. That they are freeing up the national grid to allow for more power distribution to people of Lagos is in no doubt. It depends on your understanding of the quantum of demand that has been taken off the national grid. Even if its a little, its something to save us of the embarrassment of the power deficit that we have.

2. How much should Lagos state shoulder? Lagos State at any rate can only address the power deficit in iterative steps. The first IPP, supplies power to government house, Island Maternity Hospital, Major Street light on the CDB and probably some part of City Hall. This second one takes care of secretariat, street light and infrastructure on the CDB, Lagos Security and Printing Press, etc. Will it not be economical to free Lagos State government operations from the weight of heavy OPEX, with a capital investment that can minimize the OPEX and is environmentally friendly?

3. Please save yourself of Atedo's publication on the committee of power's work. That has been in the works and seemingly going to take forever if we are not careful. I was at NOG in 2011, and the NNPC Group GM on Gas and Power gave a very enticing report on the Gas Master plan, Gas-2-power aspiration, Professor Bart Nnaji took it up from their, they all painted a rosy picture, yes we know, but the challenges are still there.

4. The State government may choose to return back to the National grid when conditions are right, but your question amuse me. First off let me ask you, Companies like Academy Press, Cadbury, Nestle etc that has been off the national grid since the 90s, what equaly happens to the investment they have made? Of course the cost is sunk, the benefits have been recovered, the project had long paid itself. But much more pertinent, the Atedo report, was it able to guarantee a specific date that power will return? Should Lagos and any other party in the same scenario choose to plan on uncertainty?

5. The secretaria is both the administrative and commercial nerve centre of Lagos. It collectively has a power demand half the capacity of the IPP. Why have we not raised eyebrow over the 70+ generators used daily, diesel volume burnt etc? have we factored such OPEX?

I believe we get so engrossed in needless isolated view points and we fail to look at the big picture.
Boss13: My opinion on this is mixed. Maybe the state government intends to reduce it cost for running generators, which I consider to be good. However, I feel this is a gorrilla project undertaken by the state government. They psyched the general public by saying they are freeing the national grid to allow for more power to be distributed to the state (and I don't support that) because it is not realistic. Power supply has gone down drastically recently. If a state government intends to embark on a project such project should have massive improvement on the lives of its people and not secluded to certain section. I just finished reading Atedo's Peterside publication to the Bankers' Committee on power and he really broke down the progress being achieved in power restoration in the country. It is a long race but if all parties stick to the deal it will all come well.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by GreatMan5: 3:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
This is ridiculous! A 10MW dual fuel power station won't costs more than N800m. Even at N1b, it's still insane.

What's the way forward Nigerians? We cannot continue like this. No nation succeeds this way.

The outrageous cost apart, why generate a paltry 10MW? Sustainability can never be achieved nationally by building 10MW stations everywhere. It's like using keke Napep instead of luxurious buses for commuting passengers from Lagos to Onitsha. Maintenance cost would soar, reliability would fall, environmental pollution and noise would skyrocket. Overall, losses would increase, while efficiency would be nothing to write home about.

Nevertheless, I commend the effort of the Lagos State Government for this initiative, but it's not the way forward if we genuinely want to solve our electricity problems. Give me N3.2b, and I would deliver a dual fuel power station with 40MW capacity comfortably to you. It doesn't require rocket science at all. It is well with us, Nigerians!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by naptu2: 3:53pm On Oct 11, 2013
slim fit :

I think lagos too, tinubu introduced the gas fire power plant with eviron can't remember the name before they where forced to send it to the national grid.

AES Barge. Circa 2000. There was an agreement that the state government will determine where the electricity is distributed (basically, Lagos), but Nepa ignored the agreement and fed the power into the national grid.

The law at the time didn't give the state government the powers to distribute the electricity to members of the public.

I believe that the state government tried to buy the Eko Distribution Company, during the recent privatisation process, but it didn't succeed.
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by jazzydee: 4:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
Celebration of mediocrity SMH[b][/b]
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by stpat1(m): 4:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
geeez: Last year a 10MW power plant was built for €12m (N2.6bn) in a country that had the technical and material requirements - Germany

http://cleantechnica.com/2012/06/14/watch-the-construction-of-a-10-mw-solar-power-plant-in-germany/

This is a 10.34MW plant for N3.2bn in a developing country

Inflation Rate in Nigeria between last year and this year stood at 8.7%

So tell me what makes the Power Plant overpriced?

I commend the Lagos state govt for taking steps to improve the power situation in Lagos.

Why I decided to comment here is because of the comparison you made with the German 10MW generated with 2.6b. This is Solar powered and far more expensive to set up.
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by agbameta: 5:00pm On Oct 11, 2013

Oando will live on Lagos state by selling natural gas or other liquid fuels to power the plant, and in the long run, the state will endup paying more to a cartel of crooks.

Funny enough, you are the irresponsible party for making dumb, ignorant and silly assumptions and conclusions regarding what you know nothing about.

Do you have the cost testaments from feasibilties studies, to materials and manpower, to land acquisitions and payments and other constituencies, show us what the same power plant and specification cost in similar environment including cost of land and other related costs, it's irresponsible and reckless to automatically reach whatever ignorant conclusions rubbish you are peddling.

The 12.45MW Akute Independent Power Project (IPP) that powers Iju And Adiyan Waterworks cost N4 billion

The 10MW Island Power Project in Lagos Island cos N2.5 billion

So, what's so special and out of place about this power plant costing N3 Billion?

And for your ignorant info, Lagos state doesn't generate any 30billion a month.
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by jazzydee: 5:18pm On Oct 11, 2013
Lagos has gone to the dogs imagine 400million naira for I megawatt of electricity. Fashola and tinubu have eaten lagos dry. that is excluding the amount that will be expended on gas/administrative cost to deliver each MW unit of electricity.

If this were to happen in any other place other than lagos the amount of criticism from ACN/APC would have been mind boggling and rightly so.

Goodness when they say corruption is the bane of Nigeria you need not look further, This is the proof.

The same gov. is also spending 1BILLION naira per Km of the few roads built in Lagos. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Boss13: 5:21pm On Oct 11, 2013
Omooba77:
Please can you post the link to Atedo's power break down to bankers' committee.....

I read it on Businessday (hard copy). I will try to search for it online. It opened my eyes on the power sector. I used to be confused about DISCO, GENCOS and TCN. Now I understand better. Honestly, the journey is very far according to his report but it has started. I like Atedo, he does not minced words. Once I get the report, I will publish it.

I think it should be on front page to enable people understand how the power sector is divided out.
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by agbameta: 5:24pm On Oct 11, 2013
jazzydee: Celebration of mediocrity SMH[b][/b]

Mediocrity is Nigeria producing less electricity that it produced nearly a decade ago and still can not guarantee any hospital or public institution uninterrupted power supply.

1. Can your federal government guarantee our hospitals in Lagos uninterrupted power supply?

2. Can your federal government guarantee our streets in Lagos uninterrupted power supply?

3. Can your federal government guarantee our water works in Lagos uninterrupted power supply?

4. Can your federal government guarantee guarantee our bridges and public institutions in Lagos uninterrupted power supply?

5. Can any other government in Nigeria guarantee anybody or entity in their states uninterrupted power supply?

Of course they can not, only Lagos state government can and this is the idea behind these power plants, they are designed to do what your federal government or any government in Nigeria can not do?

Even other states with all their 400MW can not guarantee anybody or any of their institutions uninterrupted power supply because every MW they generate goes into the National grid which is pretty much useless.

Fashola devised a creative method to go around federal obstacles to provide and guarantee uninterrupted electricity for our our critical infrastructures.

We have almost 50MW and we keep every single MW with miles of underground cable to transmit and distribute far far away from your obsolete National transmission grid, something no other state in Nigeria can do.

This is not about the amount of MW generated, it's the targeted purpose they serve on behalf of the people.

Lagos state built the first IPP in Nigeria @ 271 MW which was a mistake since we didn't get to keep in Lagos state because the FG feeds everything into the useless National grid, it was a terrible mistake and lesson to learn, but we devised a creative approach to get around your mediocre federal government and their BS.

Shebi, a little over 1 year ago it was just 10MW Island project, but today it's almost 50MW and another 114 is in the pipeline so who says we can not reach 1000 or more in no time?

The joke is on you, def not on Lagos state.

Eko o no baje o..
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by jazzydee: 5:28pm On Oct 11, 2013
agbameta:

Mediocrity is Nigeria producing less electricity that it produced nearly a decade ago and still can not guarantee any hospital or public institution uninterrupted power supply.

1. Can your federal government guarantee our hospitals in Lagos uninterrupted power supply?

2. Can your federal government guarantee our streets in Lagos uninterrupted power supply?

3. Can your federal government guarantee our water works in Lagos uninterrupted power supply?

4. Can your federal government guarantee guarantee our bridges and public institutions in Lagos uninterrupted power supply?

5. Can any other government in Nigeria guarantee anybody or entity in their states uninterrupted power supply?

Of course they can not, only Lagos state government can and this is the idea behind these power plants, they are designed to do what your federal government or any government in Nigeria can not do?

Even other states with all their 400MW can not guarantee anybody or any of their institutions uninterrupted power supply because every MW they generate goes into the National grid which is pretty much useless.

Fashola devised a creative method to go around federal obstacles to provide and guarantee uninterrupted electricity for our our critical infrastructures.

We have almost 50MW and we keep every single MW with miles of underground cable to transmit and distribute far far away from your obsolete National transmission grid, something no other state in Nigeria can do.

This is not about the amount of MW generated, it's the targeted purpose they serve on behalf of the people.

Lagos state built the first IPP in Nigeria @ 271 MW which was a mistake since we didn't get to keep in Lagos state because the FG feeds everything into the useless National grid, it was a terrible mistake and lesson to learn, but we devised a creative approach to get around your mediocre federal government and their BS.

Shebi, a little over 1 year ago it was just 10MW Island project, but today it's almost 50MW and another 114 is in the pipeline so who says we can not reach 1000 or more in no time?

The joke is on you, def not on Lagos state.

Eko o no baje o..

Will 10MW of electricity guarantee power to all the places you have listed above? i would like to here you defend 400 million naira per I MW of power! This is corruption at its best. and stop defending mediocrity.
Re: Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant by Boss13: 5:31pm On Oct 11, 2013
mapet: Here we go again making insinuations without having gone through the details of the scheme.
1. That they are freeing up the national grid to allow for more power distribution to people of Lagos is in no doubt. It depends on your understanding of the quantum of demand that has been taken off the national grid. Even if its a little, its something to save us of the embarrassment of the power deficit that we have.

Chief, I will not belittle myself to exchange words with you. Those were my opinion. We know the propaganda politicians disseminate to media houses. I do not get carried away with politician trying to get popular with the public. I quantify the effect of any project to the lives of people. I can spend N30billion but how many lives will the money change positively or improve. I believe the government did not prioritise their project development plan properly. That money will have solve better problems and impact positively on lives than providing the same need a generator will do. Remember, Oando will continue to supply gas and that is recurrent expenditure. Almost the same as buying diesel for your generator. So what is the justification to spend N3.2bn - just to get LASG secretariat off the National Grid - Please read that again.

Misplaced priorities as usual. Also, let me ask you this big question - LASG spent N3.2bn - DID YOU FEEL ANY POSITIVE IMPACT IN YOUR LIFE FROM THAT EXPENDITURE? IF YOU DON'T, THEN WHY ARE YOU HAPPY THAT THEY SPENT N3.2BIlLION?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sheriff Shuts PDP Youths Out Of Convention As They Cry Foul / Bismarck Rewane: Subsidy Reduced, Not Removed / Atiku Abubakar Celebrates Goodluck Jonathan’s 61st Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.