Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday (13975 Views)

Ambode Orders The Repair Of Lagos-Badagry Expressway / Lagos/Ibadan Expressway To Be 10 Lanes —FERMA / Construction Of Lagos-abidjan Expressway To Commence In 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by henrimoto(m): 2:12pm On Oct 11, 2013
OMO IBO: Good stuff!

But how did CCECC get a job of this magnitude though??

Where was Julius Berger??
brodaa! na today, you, you know say no julius berger dey do that work.... ? weldone.
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by Originalsly: 2:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
Toksytoks:
Drive down there on sunday let's one of those beams fall on u and then blame fashola for ur disability or untimely death. Partial Road closure is normal evErywhere during construction don't act like u know when u don't.Thirdmainland bridge was closed for almost a year due to rehabilitation. You honestly expect the Govt to build a detour around the area just for a 4hrs job in this era of scarce resources and unlimited wants! The way u reason is amazing.
That's an international route and everything possible should.be done to keep the traffic moving. Is there nothing that can be done? How much would it cost for 200 meter detour road...which can later be used for emergency/rest stop? Would this not be killing two birds with one stone? Maybe this was all accounted for in the costs of the contract but when time to deliver this is what we get. This is how I reason...guess we don't see eye to eye....thats wby you have yours and I have mine and we both have Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by docjuli(m): 2:35pm On Oct 11, 2013
A-ZeD:

Go there on Sunday and find out.

lol
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by abacus(m): 2:36pm On Oct 11, 2013
Lemme adjust my glasses .. Thought I read .. "Lagos-Ibadan Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday"
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by snowblack: 2:59pm On Oct 11, 2013
Originalsly: That's an international route and everything possible should.be done to keep the traffic moving. Is there nothing that can be done? How much would it cost for 200 meter detour road...which can later be used for emergency/rest stop? Would this not be killing two birds with one stone? Maybe this was all accounted for in the costs of the contract but when time to deliver this is what we get. This is how I reason...guess we don't see eye to eye....thats wby you have yours and I have mine and we both have Nairaland.

Guy leave matter, you are clueless...

www.gistinz.com
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by gregg2: 3:00pm On Oct 11, 2013
snowblack:

Guy leave matter, you are clueless...

www.gistinz.com

You are the brainwashed one.
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by agbameta: 3:04pm On Oct 11, 2013
caesaraba:

Oga, they have announced that they are closing the road in order to carry out some construction work, you are here crying blue murder. Go pass the road na.

Our First Lady has closed down areas (not just roads) to hold jamborees and visits that seem rather irrelevant and I bet you didn`t complain.

As long as closing down this road brings about development, BRF can shut it down for the whole darn weekend! .....and you can choke on that. #Nonsense!

God bless you.

I posted his previous posts on NL and his political affiliation with GEJ just to show not only how dumb and ignorant they think, but also what's driving their absurd and idiotic rants.
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by abes(m): 4:07pm On Oct 11, 2013
Originalsly: That's an international route and everything possible should.be done to keep the traffic moving. Is there nothing that can be done? How much would it cost for 200 meter detour road...which can later be used for emergency/rest stop? Would this not be killing two birds with one stone? Maybe this was all accounted for in the costs of the contract but when time to deliver this is what we get. This is how I reason...guess we don't see eye to eye....thats wby you have yours and I have mine and we both have Nairaland.

The said road is a dual-carriage road, only the construction section of the Badagry bound road will be closed for 5 hours, the other road can contain both traffics during those hours of closure. I know you are not interested in this information but I'll give you anyway.
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2013
Plz GEJ supporters here, this is one project to praise Fashola for and it is quite normal to close a section of the road before setting a pedestrian pre-cast beam for safety reasons. Any place where it's done otherewise has been getting it wrong.
We must learn to appreciate good efforts when we see them unlike 'other people' that see no good in other.
- am Pro-GEJ by the way...
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 11, 2013
olrotimi: How on earth is this happening in lagos, on a sunday morning for that mata when thousands of xtians wld b plying that route to & frm church? Pls dnt tel me sunday is the best day to cause minimal inconvenience to commuters. For a company as sophisticated as CECC, such projects are done at night with heavy beams of light giving sufficient illumination. This is nt good enough for us, Nigerians are treated as sc*mbags by these foreigners, its soo not good

Bro, in as much as I respect ur opinion, I want to believe it's apolitical.
Ok, u suggest to us a different way of doing this or point out their wrong let me tell u d challenge with it.
We must see our collective progress whether it's in d SW, NC, SS/SE or core North as a good will for us all.
I pay my tax in Lagos so I'm happy to see what it's been used for.
If u r a GEJ supporter like myself, u should know that GEJ through the Fed Min. of Works would have done same for peoples' safety and traffic comfort.
My point is, let's praise good efforts when we see them and it will be well with us. God bless
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by abacus(m): 5:13pm On Oct 11, 2013
olrotimi: How on earth is this happening in lagos, on a sunday morning for that mata when thousands of xtians wld b plying that route to & frm church? Pls dnt tel me sunday is the best day to cause minimal inconvenience to commuters. For a company as sophisticated as CECC, such projects are done at night with heavy beams of light giving sufficient illumination. This is nt good enough for us, Nigerians are treated as sc*mbags by these foreigners, its soo not good

sick sick sick post....

Aside that your post is a distraction, it also childish!!!
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by missroyal: 7:47pm On Oct 11, 2013
Dis china ppl are just make matter worse,dey should patch the pot hole 1st by doing dat they will reduce d traffic and not 2 shut d road 4 5 gud hours.
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by Venchy: 7:53pm On Oct 11, 2013
gbanikiti: What part of Lagos-Badagry expressway please? I hope the closure is not going to extend from Maza Maza to Iyana Iba because that side of the road is still under road construction.

A very good question, I wonder why this job can't be done over the night but they must make life difficult for Ordinary people trying to make earns meet
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by dollarlander: 8:25pm On Oct 11, 2013
Goddex:

At Ijebu-Ode, I see a huge flyover bridge running across the ever busy Shagamu - Ore expressway but that road was never shut to traffic neither was any adverts placed on national dailies. The LASG promised to deliver the Blue Rail almost two years ago and with the barrage of criticisms it is receiving now wants to cause an effect to give impression that it is top of the situation

Is there blue rail line there? Use your head.
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by Ewarrior: 9:04pm On Oct 11, 2013
Goddex: This is just a publicity stunt by the LASG to give Nigerians impression that they are working. How on earth should installing precast beams for a pedestrian bridge amount to a closure of road with newspaper advertorials? Before now, how are the several beams for flyovers and pedestrian bridges litred all over Nigeria and expecially Lagos installed?

Sorry o
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by Ewarrior: 9:06pm On Oct 11, 2013
Originalsly: Nonsense. Name me another country where a contractor would be allowed to shut down an expressway to do anything....even to resurface the expressway. Now this one is shutting it down to install beams? How was it done before? Why didn't they build a detour/temporary road for traffic to get around that location? How can the authorities allow this? Would they even think aboit doing that in China? This just makes one think what are the terms of their contract. This is a slap in the face of all Nigerians. But after all...I don't blame them...I blame the ones that allow them to do that and disrespect Nigerians in Nigeria.

No vex
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by Ewarrior: 9:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
ezugegere: LASG just like to make noise sha... If they are closing the road at Mile 2, is there no alternative route such as through Amuo Odofin to Alakija? What's the noise all about?

Ndo
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by Ewarrior: 9:10pm On Oct 11, 2013
gregg2:

Open yours eyes. Those Alausa noisemakers' intention is not about your safety. They don't care about your safety. If they do, let them lay pipes to provide you with safe pipeborne water but they would rather leave you at the mercy of unsafe MaiRuwa, shallow Wells and sachet water. Their aim is to as usual make noise about a train service that is shrouded in corruption. We have numerous pedestrian bridges and flyovers in Lagos, is that how expressways were shut down during their construction?

Pele
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by Ewarrior: 9:30pm On Oct 11, 2013
Seriously, a lot of y'all here are just plain stuupid,bitter and Senile.

This is a 5 hour closure and it is only the badagry bound route dat will be closed.

Anyone that lives in lagos would agree that sundays are the best days to carry out these kind of jobs cos dat is when we have the lightest traffic..

The third mainland bridge was closed for months and dese same EEDIOTS condemning this move were screaming FRESHAIR all over d place
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by agbameta: 10:09pm On Oct 11, 2013
Originalsly: Nonsense. Name me another country where a contractor would be allowed to shut down an expressway to do anything....even to resurface the expressway. Now this one is shutting it down to install beams?

Major road closures for LBJ Freeway construction run through next week

Weather permitting, construction workers will be laying 2,000-ton bridge beams, said LBJ Express Project spokeswoman Heather DeLapp.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/transportation/20130227-major-road-closures-for-lbj-freeway-construction-run-through-next-week.ece

Shutting down freeways for construction projects is normal like drinking water, but obviously not to many village illiterates on NL.
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by gbanikiti(m): 10:42pm On Oct 11, 2013
Those who will be going to Oshodi or Apapa on sunday from Okokomaiko should go through Festac Town and turn at Berger to avoid Mile 2 totally. Meeehn! The traffic go tie wrapper that day o! Thank God I will be at home.

I noticed another construction company PW along the expressway,Abule Ado precisely. Seems they will be teaming with CCECC to construct the road from the badagry axis.

Please fashola should help us tell CCECC to fill up the pot holes especially from under bridge to Onireke and Ilaje to Volks and Agbara. The traffic on that axis is so terrible. No be small tin I swear!

God bless Fashola

Eko oni Baje o!!
Re: Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday by Ewarrior: 3:43pm On Oct 12, 2013
gbanikiti:

I noticed another construction company PW along the expressway,Abule Ado precisely. Seems they will be teaming with CCECC to construct the road from the badagry axis

Nope ... Actually PW was contracted by FERMA to patch up d bad portions on d places construction work has not gotten to. U will notice dat d bad parts of d road from abule ado to volks has been graded

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Most Igbos Towns Made Up Of 90-98% Igbos Or Native? / FG Targets Wealthy Nigerians In New Tax Drive / Nigeria’s Economy Worse In 90 Days Of APC – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.