Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,405 members, 7,800,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? (36001 Views)

Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs. / Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria / Access Bank: The Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by 702: 12:36pm On Jul 02, 2008
Som1 shud confirm if really these r the top 5 banks 4 pay in 9ja!!

1. Bank PHB
2. Intercontinental Bank
3. Oceanic Bank
4. GT Bank
5. Reviewed ** UBA
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by JisolaMar(f): 12:54pm On Jul 02, 2008
also hear dt bank phb is d higest paid bt disagree wit inter & oceanic.

for starters ,i heard dt bank phb pays 3.3m/annum.
Insider info:i know dt oceanic pays 85k for d 1st six months(lower if u are on PT2),subsequently abt N170K/month.inter pays 2.5m/annum while ecobank pays 2.6m/annum(makn inter & oceanic come behind ecobank).
i dont av any authentic info abt gtbank & uba.

gud luck.
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by olajide8(m): 1:05pm On Jul 02, 2008
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by stephanay(m): 3:04pm On Jul 02, 2008
olajide_07:

you guys are so vast i need a job a.s.a.p a guy in sterling bank took my wife cause he was a banker after dating her for 10 years waking and sleeping together and for 4 years i have been struggling to start of my own advertising agency but i guess paid employment allows people to relax and spend at will knowning after 30 days you would recieve a fat pay pack i would mind sendoing over my c.v to you this is my number 08033938166 so that any of you guys could help me i guess i am already tired of doing it

dude are u for real? ur wife? sterling bank? ughhhhh undecided
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by obijack: 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2008
you guys are so vast i need a job a.s.a.p a guy in sterling bank took my wife cause he was a banker after dating her for 10 years waking and sleeping together and for 4 years i have been struggling to start of my own advertising agency but i guess paid employment allows people to relax and spend at will knowning after 30 days you would recieve a fat pay pack i would mind sendoing over my c.v to you this is my number 08033938166 so that any of you guys could help me i guess i am already tired of doing it

@ Olajide

Man I think u shd thank ur God she left.

Now u know she doesn't love u but loves what u can give her.

There are far more interesting things in life than living with a woman u think u know but actually does not know.

If u pple have kids, just concentrate on training them.

She is not worth ur while if she could leave because of money.

U will get something better. Don't sweat it.

1 Like

Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by toyinp: 4:10pm On Jul 02, 2008
I know that First Bank pays 104k for freshers, Oceanic 89k, bank phb 250k, zenith 70k wt 30 for medicals
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by guyman2(m): 8:43pm On Jul 02, 2008
Intercontinental and PHB are the highest but I doff my hat for IBplc. A bank that pays you 250k for a 10 week intensive training and 173k as a fresher in the system. What else do you need to be happy? Happy customer. . .happy bank!
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by Viviano: 9:20pm On Jul 02, 2008
oceanic justb reviewed their salary. beginners take home is 120,000 now
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by Finecat(m): 9:25pm On Jul 02, 2008
guyman2:

Intercontinental and PHB are the highest but I doff my hat for IBplc. A bank that pays you 250k for a 10 week intensive training and 173k as a fresher in the system. What else do you need to be happy? Happy customerhappy bank!

This guy is funny. Intercontinental bank is in serious financial mess, they are firing staffs left and right. They also cut staff salary.

olajide_07:

That was very funny, how can a bank worker steal somebody's wife ?? I she that ugly?? Those bank workers are nothing but a glorified slaves.
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by kolakels: 9:29pm On Jul 02, 2008
Access bank pays main salary of 159K + 15K lunch allowance = 174k monthly for entry level, with an optional car loan for either HONDA CITY or FORD FOCUS to pay over 4yrs max. this is authentic
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by superstar1(m): 11:29pm On Jul 02, 2008
At times when u guys pass comments on bank's pay, u tend to make me laugh at times.
i am working in one of the banks, my bank is not in the top five yet but in the top ten.
do not be deceived wit all those paper pays and apart from that, HR policies of each of the banks differs

if u say bank phb is the highest paying you make me laugh.See they will just tell u the good part of it they, leaving out the negatives.
Do u know that in the same bank phb, you only earn the percentage of the branch target that was met for that month. If u branch makes 75% in target and profitability, then you are going too earn 75% of ur salary, be it business developers (marketers) or support guys (operations).

entry level for 1st bank is 104k and it is a less stressful place to work. this is becos they have cheap funds ---- monies of our great grandfathers are dead that we are not even aware of (ie monies of the deads).the amalgamation of this funds over the decade makes 1st bank a big bank, thereby putting less stress on ttheir biz developers. they are really being proactive and dynamic nowadays.

as for intercontinental bank, nice pay but unsecured work.don't be surprised if u get to work tommorrow morn and that ur colleague is under suspension for what could be treated as minor issues in other places.sincerely, i don't know how there staffs still manage to put up asmil despite the uncertainties thaats surrounds them.

zenith pay is quite small at entry level but they usualy promote across board unlike other places where promotion is based on performance. Zenith promotes u for your effort and also promotes attimes for you to be geared to be like top performers though u r not performing very well. if u really want to learnt the ethics and basics of banking, it is not the best place to start for a marketer becoz u will not kno more than how to generate deposit. the other aspects of banking ie risk assets generation (credit packaging) will be virtually nil. it is a nice place to be wit good and strong corporate image.they have a sound IT in place and their staffs are proud of heir bank

gtb is a very classy place to work. my problem wit them, they have quite a sizeable number of contracts staffs as support. their psy is cool too and your promotion is rest assured.their staffs are very distinct.their staffs are very proud f their bank too.

Oceanic pays well too. it is roughly 90k at the begining for 6months, before you are upgraded from PIT to AO and you start earning upto 156k in a month.thay are also pay 87k as quaterly pay for entry level.
it is a bank that needs to pay more attention to the quality of staffs they recruit, as well as their IT. more often than not, they are always having finacle down time.at times the quality of staff recruit is a reflection of the organisation.i tend to wonder if some of them tipped HR to be employed or maybe the people that are recruiting are recruiting people like them.

fcmb is a place i will rather advise entry level guys to start from becoz they will learn more within a short period of time. after acquiring the knowledge here, the sky is not even the limit again. entry level is 160k per month before confirmation. immediately you are confirmed, your monthly pay drops to 87k but the remaining part is paid as quarterly pay every three months. this is usally upto 220k.you also have access to 80k line of medical services. they have a superb IT facility and their staffs are highly knowlegeable. my problem with fcmb is their staffs. thay are usually not proud of their workplace and they have a very cause to be --- nice t-shirt,advert,product,building. i love their lapel pin.

stanbic ibtc is a lovely place to work too. entry level is upto 150k.it is another place i ll recommend to starters to begin from coz they will learn alot from here.their staffs are cool.

skye bank -- entry level is 130k (not too sure).i heard they have a lot of contracts staffs too. i had an unpleasant experience wit some of their marketers last week and i promised myself if those are the calibres of people working in skye, i will never work for them.they have a very good advert that won them into the hearts of nigerian. i tot they dropped their standard wit that new hakuna matata advert.they also need to improve their IT.

Access bank place alot of emphasis on the quality of their recruitment.though they have contract staffs too and they staffs look well paid. entry level i sup to 120k.so i heard o.

ETB -- heard they pay well, but it is a one-man biz that is not quoted on the stock market floor.

i dont know much about the following. ------ Fidelity, Eco,Unity, first inland,Union

be that as it may, banking sector is still one of the best place to work. it makes u couthe and respected.you also meet people you would never jave dreamt of meeting.in terms of pay, the oil boiz may be ahead initially but the problem is that they hardly get promoted unlike a banker that can become a BM within 4-5years whereas your friend in the oil sector is just about getting his 1st promotion and a time is coming when money might no be important again but positions. that is why you see people intoducing themselves as Head of this and that while your friend in the oil industry is still saying yes sir to the same oga he has been saying it to for 5years.

truly speaking, the best thing you can do for urself is to be self employed.

i have read wrote about bankers abd i just an help laughing attimes. banking is not all about marketing and begging for money. there are other technical depts --- finacial control, treasury, credit admin etc.

u never know wetin dey, until u r in the system. i rest my case

5 Likes

Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by Rhea(f): 1:03pm On Jul 03, 2008
@Superstar1,
Very good analysis. Well done.
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by protocol(m): 1:51pm On Jul 03, 2008
Superstar1, u are great. hoping that your analysis will put a stop to all the fictious analysis in this honourable houes.
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by oisrael(m): 4:28pm On Jul 03, 2008
@SUPERSTAR
You are hereby nominated by moi for the award of GRAND COMMANDER OF THE ORDER OF NAIRALAND (GCON) subject to Seun's setting up and approval of the order! cool smiley

1 Like

Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by burgy(m): 4:53pm On Jul 03, 2008
stanbic ibtc certainly does not pay 150k for freshers, i should know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by uphena: 5:53pm On Jul 03, 2008
Mr superstar i commend u alot,infact ilv ur post.but wat do u think of d insurance sector?v heard about oil &bank, so
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by Ziggyjoel(f): 6:51pm On Jul 03, 2008
Pls but what is happening to Zenith? Oceanic is reviewing by 40%! My God, That is a bomb, a blow to other banks. House, Comment plsssssssss
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by Gamine(f): 7:11pm On Jul 03, 2008
Confirmed.

it is indeed true
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by kojeiwa(m): 7:17pm On Jul 03, 2008
Is Bank the only company to work in Nigeria. Graduate in Nigeria are so interested in working at a bank

even if they have a biochemistry or physiology degree
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by DisGuy: 7:25pm On Jul 03, 2008
kojeiwa:

Is Bank the only company to work in Nigeria. Graduate in Nigeria are so interested in working at a bank

even if they have a biochemistry or physiology degree

you should know why!!

I think people should be more interested in what the bank or any company hiring them has to offer
i wonder if these banks promote their staff as at when due or know the staff turnover ratio!!
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by vislabraye(m): 8:08pm On Jul 03, 2008
Been hearing so much about ETB being the highest paying bank, but not without some slaps tongue. If PHB is the highest paying, then they are truly innovative. I tot all the advert was for nothing grin
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by kadman(m): 9:50pm On Jul 03, 2008
@ superstar1

Wow,very good and informative,although you might have made some errors,most are correct especially the Bank PHB comment,they pay well but many people are not idea about the perforance % that they use to pay.
If you have any idea on Telecomms & Oil please post. Thanks.
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by skfa1: 1:59am On Jul 04, 2008
truly speaking, the best thing you can do for yourself is to be self employed

@ superstar1

I like that from you.
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by Regular: 5:26am On Jul 04, 2008
Are these aforementioned salaries BEFORE or AFTER Tax
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by babaogun(m): 9:35am On Jul 04, 2008
@Regular
All naija banks salary are quoted after tax.

@ all

oceanic review 2008 (per annum and after tax) - also note they pay upfront twice, quarterly productivity, salary bi-monthly (i.e 2ce a month) so u naturally have cashf flows all year round.

PIT-N1.4MM - no variable
AOI- N4.0MM - 540k variable
AO-6.0MM 800 k variable
OFFICER –N7.5MM 1m variable
SO- N9.0MM 1.2M variable
AM 1-N9.7MM 1.3M variable
AM-N11.5MM 1.52M variable
DM-N13.0MM 1.844M variable
MGR-N19.0MM dont know
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by shilling(f): 11:01am On Jul 04, 2008
@ superstar1.

Thanks a lot. You've been very helpful cos I've always wanted to work in a bank. Now, I have insider info.
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by olabello(m): 12:04pm On Jul 04, 2008
Good analysis there from Superstar,

He has really done justice to the post by giving an insider information about the topic at hand.

In my own view, as a graduate, the best thing you can do for yourself and the Nigerian economy is to the self-employed.

Just THINK and GROW RICH. Do something unique, something different, something that stands out and the sky is not your limit. Don't ever try to copy what some-else has done. The idea is, find a need and fill that need with a solution and people will beg you with money.

Remember! THE OWNER OF IDEAS RULE THE WORLD!

To your success

www.netserveafrica.com
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by Epiphany(m): 1:13pm On Jul 04, 2008
I think the reason why everyone is so interested in working with banks is that collectively, they are the single largest employers of labour, correct me if i am wrong. Other than that, i think they sometimes project a very 'professional' image, with their sharp dressing, image and speech. Many times too, i think they live beyond their means, with all the loans they can take out, performance incentives and so on.

But like many of us have mentioned, do they really know or learn anything? I have friends who are bankers and have been for years and all they have done for years is to chase accounts and money. Others just push papers and act as 'rich mens associates', looking after large accounts. This may be what hinders them from being self employed because they dont have particular skills, except those who have worked in the IT sections and other professional departments within the banks. Personally, that is why i think you find young men and women, hopping from bank to bank, with each hop sending them a few steps up the ladder!

But hey, if you can do that and put food on your table, please go ahead by all means.

THE BEST THOUGH IS TO BE SELF EMPLOYED, OR TO BE IN SUCH A POSITION WHERE YOU CAN LEARN A LOT TO EVENTUALLY BECOME USEFUL TO YOURSELF

1 Like

Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by prizeless(m): 1:54pm On Jul 04, 2008
DON'T BE DECIEVED, BANK PHB DOES NOT PAY NO N250K FOR FRESHERS OK!!! THIS IS PRO-INFO

CHEERS
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by beemex(m): 2:31pm On Jul 04, 2008
Superstar1 you really sound like someone that has a vast knowledge of our banking industry. However i've been searching for job for about 3years now and bank job won't be a bad idea for me because i did my service with Wema Bank believing that we were going to be retained after service, which was the initial arrangement but one week to the end of our NYSC, the MD and Head of HR, who originaly had that plan for us were replaced. Ever since it's been from one place to the other in search of job. Please, i want to know if u are in a position to help a brother secure one of these bank jobs so that he can take care of responsibilities. I really am desperate Superstar, please help me if u can this is my number 08032902325 and my e-mail is emecca213@yahoo.co.uk.
One thing though, i am an HND holder of Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Electronics/Telecommunications option.
PLEASE HELP ME OUT. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by Anuliph(f): 4:03pm On Jul 04, 2008
Bankers earning hundred-thousands of naira is ok. At least they fare better than my fellow learned friends who get 18,000 naira a month in PH.
am talking about lawyers. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Highest Paying Banks In Nigeria? by bibisexy: 6:10pm On Jul 04, 2008
how i wish i can even get a job in any of the bnk i will be happy,evn where an servin now i work like a slave in abuja and yet they pay me 10k.evn the money does not cover my transport.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Current State Of Mind / Confessions Of A Lagos Male Nurse / Yagana Musa Bags The Rank Of Major In Nigerian Army (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.