Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,786 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin (33651 Views)

Photos Of Ofinjite Amachree That Was Burnt By Thugs In Rivers / Photos: Famous Cows Owned By Buhari / Confession Of A Boko Haram - Who Trained With Asari Dokubo In Libya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by yunglykmine(m): 2:18pm On Oct 11, 2013
Asari-Dokubo already has soccer institutions in Benin and Nigeria train youth free of charge.

The leader of the Niger Delta People’s Volunteer Force, NDPVF, Muhajid Asari-Dokubo has joined the swelling rank of private university proprietors with his establishment of a university in the neighbouring Republic of Benin.

Mr. Asari-Dokubo, who already owns a soccer academy in the West African country and another one in Abuja, said the university, which will be known as King Amachree African University, KAAU, had already been accredited to commence degree programmes beginning September 2014.

He told PREMIUM TIMES in an interview in Abuja that the proposed university, named after his ancestor, was a product of his two existing institutions in Benin Republic, namely King Amachree Automobile/ICT Royal Academy and King Amachree Arts Academy. Both of them, he added, currently award Diploma to their students.

Mr. Asari-Dokubo said he chose to establish the institutions in Benin Republic because he does not only live there, but has adopted it as his country.
“What we have now, we are awarding only diploma now. “By next September, Insha Allah, the university will start,” Mr. Asari-Dokubo, who dropped out of University of Calabar, he said.
“For now we have King Amachree Automobile/ICT Royal Academy and King Amachree Arts Academy. Two of them were merged. We have merged the two of them into king Amachree African University.
“King Amachree is my great ancestor. He was king of the Kingdom of new Calabar.”

On his soccer academy, the 50 year old Mr. Asari-Dokubo, an indigene of Rivers State, who refused to be tagged a former militant, said it was established to train the youth in soccer free of charge.
“We plan to engage the youths. It is free. We have a soccer academy in Abuja and we have another one in Republic of Benin,” he said.
More Nigerians are forced to go to Benin Republic, Ghana, Togo and other neigbhouring countries to acquire education due to the incessant labour disputes and industrial actions within the Nigerian university system as well as the deplorable state of education in the country.

Currently, students of both the federal and state universities in Nigeria are at home due to the strike embarked upon by the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, over the refusal of the Federal Government to honour its 2009 agreement with the union.
Other unions within the education sector, including the Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities, SSANU, have also embarked on solidarity strike while the Nigeria Union of Teachers, NUT, and Non-Academic Staff Union, NASU, are reportedly on the verge of doing towing that path.
Students of the over 50 private universities in Nigeria, whose fees can only be afforded the rich, are however, in session.

Mr. Asari-Dokubo is, like former Niger Delta militants enjoying massive patronage from the current administration, believe to be very wealthy but his source of income is largely unknown.

There were speculation he made his fortune stealing crude oil in the Niger Delta. But he denied engaging in such practices, telling PREMIUM TIMES he had never been part of any act capable of endangering the Delta.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/146438-exclusive-asari-dokubo-establishes-university-names-king-amachree.html

Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by wawaboy1(m): 2:25pm On Oct 11, 2013
why did he not cite one in ND? If he is not involve in dev. of his area who else will do it for him. Anyway well done.

11 Likes

Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by ayodeji752: 2:27pm On Oct 11, 2013
Asari Dokubo dropped out of unical and rivers state university. A dropped out is now establishing a university. These guys are rendering university degree useless

9 Likes

Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by donphilopus: 2:35pm On Oct 11, 2013
Error at the highest Order, he'd authomatically be the Visitor of the University now.
He's a school drop-out and a known ND Thug

3 Likes

Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by Boss13: 2:36pm On Oct 11, 2013
ayodeji752: Asari Dokubo dropped out of unical and rivers state university. A dropped out is now establishing a university. These guys are rendering university degree useless

The university is in Benin republic

1 Like

Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by kokoA(m): 2:45pm On Oct 11, 2013
So much for "Niger-delta emancipation".

8 Likes

Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by LMAyedun(m): 2:47pm On Oct 11, 2013
"His source of income is largely unknown" says who??
What about the Oyel money?
This are the people incharge of the 'National cake'. undecided

Hope the KAAU is also free of charge for the youths?

3 Likes

Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by dridowu: 2:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
Am i dreaming, Asari owns University ? Pls wake me up from my dream

1 Like

Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
Mr. Asari-Dokubo said he chose to establish
the institutions in Benin Republic because he
does not only live there, but has adopted it as
his country.

Technically, that place is somewhat far from saboteurs due to the type of person he is.

” he said.
More Nigerians are forced to go to Benin
Republic, Ghana, Togo and other
neigbhouring countries to acquire education
due to the incessant labour disputes and
industrial actions within the Nigerian
university system as well as the deplorable
state of education in the country.

If I'm not wrong, the said university is privately owned and I see no reason why industrial actions by the government owned institutions can affect his.
All his excuses of not giving back to Nigeria where he got his money from are trivial, baseless, weightless, frivolous and fictitious.

As it stands, it seems one has to kill as many as possible or become warlord/terrorist to be able to suck some huge money from the Nigerian govt. Haba!

16 Likes

Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by Eledan: 2:53pm On Oct 11, 2013
Nigerians are used to profound absurdities...nothing shocks nor surprises us anymore.

3 Likes

Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by peckhamboi: 3:15pm On Oct 11, 2013
Let me quickly apply for Kidnapping and Militancy studies on their website so I can be rich like Asari

18 Likes

Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
King Amachree University of Mililtancy

Soon, Patience Jonathan will be appointed chancellor of the school.

20 Likes

Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by banki(m): 3:18pm On Oct 11, 2013
and you will see him shouting "my people this my people that" then he goes to benin republic and opens a university....ive always said the niger delta problems are not from the northern elite southern elite eastern elite the problem is from their own leaders

tell me why the university was not established in bayelsa, if he truly loves his people he should make it to the highest standards make it free for his people and set it up in the heart of the niger delta.....then I would know that truly himself and other freedom fighters are truly fighting for the welfare of the people

33 Likes

Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by extremelygolden: 3:35pm On Oct 11, 2013
Hmmmm
Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by extremelygolden: 3:35pm On Oct 11, 2013
Are you serious? Na waooo
Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 11, 2013
Look at what Jonathan has caused...

Paying this thief has made him invest the money outside of Nigeria again... That will show the kind of brain he's got.

Ole... Ole..... Ole......

6 Likes

Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by charitybabe: 3:36pm On Oct 11, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Lolz
Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by abbeyty(m): 3:36pm On Oct 11, 2013
He should be the number one candidate to enroll in that uni

1 Like

Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by senatorn3c(m): 3:38pm On Oct 11, 2013
a university wher militant will be trained

7 Likes

Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by AbuMikey(m): 3:38pm On Oct 11, 2013

Na him money,so na him know how e wan take spend am

2 Likes

Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by AreaFada2: 3:39pm On Oct 11, 2013
emmysenior:

Technically, that place is somewhat far from saboteurs due to the type of person he is.

If I'm not wrong, the said university is privately owned and I see no reason why industrial actions by the government owned institutions can affect his.
All his excuses of not giving back to Nigeria where he got his money from are trivial, baseless, weightless, frivolous and fictitious.

As it stands, it seems one has to kill as many as possible or become warlord/terrorist to be able to suck some huge money from the Nigerian govt. Haba!

Maybe he doesn't believe in Nigeria as it is and he would not be alone in that.
Whatever you say about him, he seems to be putting his money where his mouth is.

Maybe Nigerians should start establishing hospitals and casket business in London & India to treat our big men who fly there for treatment and to return their corpses.

3 Likes

Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by IYANGBALI: 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2013
ayodeji752: Asari Dokubo dropped out of unical and rivers state university. A dropped out is now establishing a university. These guys are rendering university degree useless
dat is naija for you. The university drop out is now recrutiting university lecturers,what an irony of life

2 Likes

Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by Silva79(f): 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2013
Hmmm.....so nobody can build a free uni in nigeria?
Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by drdams: 3:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
Wot has being a grad got to do with establishment of a school?
Im tell u say na im go be V.C?

Enterpreneurship is another ball game Sir!

Av u forgotten Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, et al so soon?
But seriously, Asari has succeded in brainwashing ND.
Well, lemme give u d Governing Council.

Visitor : ASARI DOKUBO

Chancellor : Asari Dokibo

Pro Chancellor and Chairman Governing Council : Dame Patience Jonathan

Vice Chancellor : Professor Tompolo

Deputy Vice Chancellor : Dr.(Mrs.) Christy Atako (NDDC)

Registrar : Hon. Orubebe Peter Godsay (Min. Of ND)

Bursar : Kingsley Kuku ( Special Adviser)

Librarian :: 1 of d Militant taken for training abroad under d auspices of FG

7 Likes

Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by chimex38: 3:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by Ladybianca(f): 3:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
dridowu: Am i dreaming, Asari owns University ? Pls wake me up from my dream

my dear please wake up........its real
Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by homesteady(m): 3:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
undecided
Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by dahaz(m): 3:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
intresting
Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by HAH: 3:42pm On Oct 11, 2013
Imagine department of thuggery technology +r faculty of militancy or school of oil bunkering.

5 Likes

Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by obailala(m): 3:42pm On Oct 11, 2013
Talk of the absurd shocked shocked shocked shocked This has to be the strangest thing I've heard in ages undecided undecided

Tompolo buys private jet, Asari opens university in benin republic.. so much for the emancipation of the Niger-Delta personal pockets

6 Likes

Re: King Amachree University Owned By Asari-dokubo In Republic of Benin by IYANGBALI: 3:43pm On Oct 11, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Hmmm wahala go dey there

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Endorses Omo Agege As Deputy Senate President / Customs Sell Impounded Vehicles As Scraps, Auctioneers Kick / Let The Igbos Go — Asari Dokubo (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.