Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria (23424 Views)

Download All Episodes Of Heroes Reborn Here / Missing Episodes Of "Doctor Who" From 1960s Found In A Cupboard In Nigeria / Episodes Of 'Mark Of Uru': A Nigerian Cartoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by kingzjay(m): 4:31pm On Oct 11, 2013
Bring it on... I wish you can get the soft versions so we'll download our before it gets missing again... Lol
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by deols(f): 4:39pm On Oct 11, 2013
naptu2:

shocked You've never heard of Dr Who? The great Tom Baker!

Lol.

do you know of gossip girl?
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 11, 2013
alfredo4u: headlines dis days r cheap lik ijèbu GARRI
Signs of end time
Nna, na who teh you talk say GARRI cheap?angry or are you a learner?!

@Topic: Nigga what, nigga who? shocked
Dr Who again? Wow! I bet it was found at NTA 2 channel 5, your reach out station..
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by mkmyers45(m): 4:40pm On Oct 11, 2013
naptu2:

Dont be suprised...many nairalanders were very young then
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by deols(f): 4:42pm On Oct 11, 2013
Garri_Activist: Nna, na who teh you talk say GARRI cheap?angry or are you a learner?!

@Topic: Nigga what, nigga who? shocked
Dr Who again? Wow! I bet it was found at NTA 2 channel 5, your reach out station..

maybe NTA Ibadan- first in Africa cheesy
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by naptu2: 4:43pm On Oct 11, 2013
stillwater:

Probably NTA. cheesy because they were the only tv stations that were in existence then and aired the program.

It was shown on NTA2 Channel 5 as recently as the late 1990s
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by demelza: 4:45pm On Oct 11, 2013
ShymmexLion: That's my shyte right there.

I didn't know Nigerians were into Dr Who like that.

However, Nigeria needs to keep those classics and exchange them for the Oduduwa head in the British museum! tongue
grin The British would rather let us keep Dr. Who than exchange it for that priceless art.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by naptu2: 4:47pm On Oct 11, 2013
My favourite episode was the one with Sutechk the Destroyer. NTA kept repeating the series with the Dialekts (Exterminate! Exterminate!) And my favourite Dr Who was Tom Baker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XohfkDibhMc

1 Like

Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Pain(m): 4:48pm On Oct 11, 2013
Dr Hoe
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Guyman02: 4:52pm On Oct 11, 2013
Una sure say no be for Alaba pirate store dem see am. Naija too much, nothing wey no dey this country.
Anything you cant find in oyinbo land can be found right here.
That's why British Embassy quickly cancelled their 3000 pound policy because they need us more than we need them.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 11, 2013
NTA Ilorin used to aired the series then...that was around 1989 or so.
It was really addictive and exciting for kids way back then !
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
demelza: grin The British would rather let us keep Dr. Who than exchange it for that priceless art.

Lmao..

But do you how painful it's going through the underground every morning and seeing posters of those priceless artworks they stole from Nigeria?

Well, Nigeria needs to keep those tapes.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Liskate(f): 4:56pm On Oct 11, 2013
I love doctor who. Favourite doctor and companion- 10 doctor, David Tennant and Billie Piper.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by gbanikiti(m): 4:58pm On Oct 11, 2013
naptu2: My favourite episode was the one with Sutechk the Destroyer. NTA kept repeating the series with the Dialekts (Exterminate! Exterminate!) And my favourite Dr Who was Tom Baker.

Gone are the good old days! I love the cold room section. Can't remember what it was called. Who were those who were kept in the cold chambers?
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by texanomaly(f): 4:59pm On Oct 11, 2013
My brothers and I watched the reruns when we were kids. I love the original series.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Stormborn: 5:01pm On Oct 11, 2013
If u ask me, na who i go ask ? The matter wen we see so e tey wen e start.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by maclatunji: 5:01pm On Oct 11, 2013
naptu2:

#Hehehe

My word, the opening montage is up there with Voltron as a classic
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by naptu2: 5:02pm On Oct 11, 2013
Dr Who: The Day of The Daleks (Part 1). This was the most repeated DR Who series on the NTA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvctyYcUIaE
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by greaterlove(m): 5:03pm On Oct 11, 2013
naptu2: My favourite episode was the one with Sutechk the Destroyer. NTA kept repeating the series with the Dialekts (Exterminate! Exterminate!) And my favourite Dr Who was Tom Baker.

guy that was my best too. Sutechk and the Egyptian mummies. Doctor who's soundtrack used to scare the shit out of me back then.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by naptu2: 5:04pm On Oct 11, 2013
gbanikiti: Gone are the good old days! I love the cold room section. Can't remember what it was called. Who were those who were kept in the cold chambers?

The cryogenic chamber. They were kept there to preserve them.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by gbanikiti(m): 5:14pm On Oct 11, 2013
naptu2:

The cryogenic chamber. They were kept there to preserve them.
hmmm.... I still remember the soundtrack of the series movie. It was so scary! I remember how I and my siblings will hold ourselves tight just because the soundtrack was scary and we would think the story is real. Very funny! grin
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by naptu2: 5:14pm On Oct 11, 2013
The Doctor meets Sutekh The Destroyer for the very first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydLvYuEBtwE
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Gorrbachev: 5:22pm On Oct 11, 2013
i wish i can have access to NTA's store or archive.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by texanomaly(f): 5:23pm On Oct 11, 2013
naptu2: The Doctor meets Sutekh The Destroyer for the very first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydLvYuEBtwE
This is the Dr Who I love.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 11, 2013
naptu2:

It was shown on NTA2 Channel 5 as recently as the late 1990s

Late 90's? Why do I feel I watched it in the 80's or early 90's? cheesy
The tapes that were found weren't even the Tom Baker's which ran from 74 - 81, but tapes of the 60's of a different doctor.
I'm sure most of us watched the Tom BaKer episodes.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Litmus: 5:27pm On Oct 11, 2013
Just thought i'd start the juvenile tribal spat:

cybermen have igbo heads

Davros the leader of Daleks have yoruba heads

the clip below reminds me of die-hard Youroba and Igbo civil war veterans reprising their 60's fight in the 21st century.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/2Mbk8eU3RCI/hqdefault.jpg?feature=og

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mbk8eU3RCI?autohide=1&version=3
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by naptu2: 5:29pm On Oct 11, 2013
stillwater:

The tapes that were found weren't even the Tom Baker's which ran from 74 - 81, but tapes of the 60's of a different doctor.

It was shown in the 1980s. What I meant was that the last time it was shown on the NTA was probably in the late 1990s or early 2000s.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by deols(f): 5:30pm On Oct 11, 2013
stillwater:

and you were acting sweet sixteen on a thread not long ago. Even your signature sef is sweet 12.

Good evening ma.. sad

#justsaying

It is ok to be young at heart grin

btw @topic, was there really a doctor in the series or what really is it about?

1 Like

Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by naptu2: 5:38pm On Oct 11, 2013
deols:

and you were acting sweet sixteen on a thread not long ago. Even your signature sef is sweet 12.

Good evening ma.. sad

#justsaying

It is ok to be young at heart grin

btw @topic, was there really a doctor in the series or what really is it about?

Dr Who is a time lord who travels through time and space in his Tardis (Police box). In the earlier series, it is said that the Tardis has a fault. This means that they usually end up in a different planet or century from their intended destination. In the later series, it is said that the Tardis has a mind of its own and decides where it wants to take the Doctor.

The Doctor is often accompanied on his travels by some humans. They often have to fight against aliens, robots or ancient gods.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Adflex1(m): 5:39pm On Oct 11, 2013
Still confuse who are this people undecided abi na maths question ni
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Boyano: 5:44pm On Oct 11, 2013
Me na Olodo i b o, was it dat d episodes were stolen n later found in naija?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mo Adeniran Wins The Voice UK 2017 (Photos) / Notable Female Filmmakers Calling The Shots / Tobi Bakre: I Was Supposed To Marry Omotunde Before Entering The BBNaija House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.