Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,572 members, 7,801,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria (23419 Views)

Download All Episodes Of Heroes Reborn Here / Missing Episodes Of "Doctor Who" From 1960s Found In A Cupboard In Nigeria / Episodes Of 'Mark Of Uru': A Nigerian Cartoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Kk4(m): 9:02pm On Oct 11, 2013
Doctor what now.. 80s baby biko, we don't know the guy/show
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by priscasmart(f): 9:26pm On Oct 11, 2013
could someone please tell me more about this "doctor who" ...When did the show actually start? When did it end? what was it really about?.
Thanks
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Ishilove: 9:34pm On Oct 11, 2013
naptu2:

shocked You've never heard of Dr Who? The great Tom Baker!
Of all the actors that played Dr Who, Tom Baker was my favourite! cheesy cheesy
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by TonySpike: 9:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
priscasmart: could someone please tell me more about this "doctor who" ...When did the show actually start? When did it end? what was it really about?.
Thanks

Doctor Who is a British Science fiction series that ran (and still running) in two cycles from 1963-1989 and then from 2005 till date. Doctor Who is the nickname of the main character, an expert time-traveller that travels across time-lines into different times in historical fault-lines. His travelling machine is a British 1960's "blue" police box called the TARDIS, which uses perception filters and is able to travel between worm-holes. He is quite intelligent and uses a sonic screwdriver to manipulate waves and electronic gadgets.
The 1970's Doctor Who series ran on NTA stations, I think NTA 2 channel 5 (Lagos) in the late 80's up to early 90's. I think I've helped you enough...

1 Like

Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by TonySpike: 9:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
-double post-
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by TonySpike: 9:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
By the way, Doctor Who is the longest running Sci-Fi series in the world. No other series has been close to this record. It has been running for 36 yrs and still counting....
In addition, Doctor Who is the most successful science fiction series of all time. No other science fiction compares...

1 Like

Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by TonySpike: 10:21pm On Oct 11, 2013
Here are the actors who have acted in the prestigious Doctor Who series over the years.

Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
Tony Spike:

The Doctor Who remake has been on since 2005 and has reached seven seasons as at 2013. You can check the internet for streaming...

Thanks very much, bro! smiley
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 11, 2013
I find Dr Who boring and childish. I can't believe it is listed among the BBC's best tv series of all time.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by ncpat(m): 11:24pm On Oct 11, 2013
I watched Doctor who during the time of Tom Baker in the 80`s please where can I get the DVD series to buy I so much like this movie.

1 Like

Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by dnawah(m): 11:27pm On Oct 11, 2013
life_style: How the thing take reach 9ja na ? undecided
throught Okarika(second hand cloths)
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by JANK23H(m): 11:56pm On Oct 11, 2013
deols: The TV station has no name?

Never heard of the show sef.

Old time thing.
You must be very young,probably in your twenties cos it used to be aired and was popular in the seventies and eighties.On NTA.

1 Like

Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by tayoccu(m): 12:24am On Oct 12, 2013
I guess NTA's good for something afterall grin
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Flick3(f): 2:06am On Oct 12, 2013
I can never forget "Doctor Who" lol even tho I was very little then I still remenber most episode clearly and never miss watching
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Decryptor(m): 3:07am On Oct 12, 2013
EdDave: Dats cool, I remember a few episodes myself. I prefer it to d present Dr Who.
I v been collecting movies, myself since 2006. Movies that ll become classics in few years to come. Running out of hard drive space now, though. I need to upgrade.
This is 2013...Hard Drives are beginning to fade. Use Cloud Services.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by OdeyGeoffrey(m): 5:33am On Oct 12, 2013
Na dis one go give naija a new face? None of my business sha,
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by tayoccu(m): 6:46am On Oct 12, 2013
Me thinks they should give NTA copies of the new series as reward, after all the episodes they found in nta archives are priceless
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 12, 2013
Decryptor: This is 2013...Hard Drives are beginning to fade. Use Cloud Services.
sorry dear, can you explain how cloud services work.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by telexfree1: 9:57am On Oct 12, 2013
deols: The TV station has no name?

Never heard of the show sef.

Old time thing.

Huh ?
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by telexfree1: 9:59am On Oct 12, 2013
EdDave: Dats cool, I remember a few episodes myself. I prefer it to d present Dr Who.
I v been collecting movies, myself since 2006. Movies that ll become classics in few years to come. Running out of hard drive space now, though. I need to upgrade.

Hope it doesn't crash
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Decryptor(m): 10:53am On Oct 12, 2013
valacious: sorry dear, can you explain how cloud services work.
Cloud computing, in turn, refers to sharing
resources, software, and information via a network, in this case the Internet. The information is stored on physical servers maintained and controlled by a cloud computing provider, such as Apple in regards to iCloud. As a user, you access your stored information on the cloud via the Internet.

By using cloud storage, you don’t have to store the information on your own hard drive. Instead, you can access it from any location and download it onto any device of your choice, including laptops, tablets, or smartphones.

Lots of top internet service corps offer cloud services for free like Google drive, Dropbox etc.

1 Like

Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by texanomaly(f): 2:56pm On Oct 12, 2013
Decryptor: Cloud computing, in turn, refers to sharing
resources, software, and information via a network, in this case the Internet. The information is stored on physical servers maintained and controlled by a cloud computing provider, such as Apple in regards to iCloud. As a user, you access your stored information on the cloud via the Internet.

By using cloud storage, you don’t have to store the information on your own hard drive. Instead, you can access it from any location and download it onto any device of your choice, including laptops, tablets, or smartphones.

Lots of top internet service corps offer cloud services for free like Google drive, Dropbox etc.
So I have a question... I have iCloud on my phone. It backs up info l have in my phone right? Practically my entire life is in my phone, including personal and financial information. Doesn't using it leave me vulnerable. Hackers break into data bases all the time. Is this a hackers paradise?
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by dominique(f): 8:21pm On Oct 12, 2013
I just loooove the doctor who theme song, whooooooo oooooooo cheesy. Tried watching the new version on BBC but I was just not feeling it. Sci-fi is not my thing sha.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by deols(f): 8:39pm On Oct 12, 2013
JANK23H:
You must be very young,probably in your twenties cos it used to be aired and was popular in the seventies and eighties.On NTA.

In the twenties is very young??

i want to faint..lol

I am a young adult. keyword is adult.

Igba kan o lo ile aye gbo.

soon some children will ask about what super story is.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Ishilove: 9:07pm On Oct 12, 2013
dominique: I just loooove the doctor who theme song, whooooooo oooooooo cheesy. Tried watching the new version on BBC but I was just not feeling it. Sci-fi is not my thing sha.
Even till date that theme song still gives me the creeps sad
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:31am On Oct 13, 2013
K,k:
Doctor what now.. 80s baby biko, we don't know the guy/show

80's baby and you don't know Doctor Who? Oya confess is it NTA Abakaliki or Ogbomosho or Maidugri you watched while growing up? grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Decryptor(m): 9:29am On Oct 13, 2013
texanomaly:
So I have a question... I have iCloud on my phone. It backs up info l have in my phone right? Practically my entire life is in my phone, including personal and financial information. Doesn't using it leave me vulnerable. Hackers break into data bases all the time. Is this a hackers paradise?
No it is not! Cloud storage is safe as long as you keep your personal login information discreet. It is better you use iCloud cos incase the phone gets stolen, all you'll need to do is to buy another phone which uses iCloud and log into your account, then retrieve and update your data. You can even do it via PC if iCloud for PC is available which i believe it is.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by texanomaly(f): 10:03am On Oct 13, 2013
Decryptor: No it is not! Cloud storage is safe as long as you keep your personal login information discreet. It is better you use iCloud cos incase the phone gets stolen, all you'll need to do is to buy another phone which uses iCloud and log into your account, then retrieve and update your data. You can even do it via PC if iCloud for PC is available which i believe it is.

Thanks smiley
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 13, 2013
Decryptor: Cloud computing, in turn, refers to sharing

Many thanks monsieur.
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by Indyanna: 2:34am On Jan 26, 2015
Hi,

I am very much a big fan of Dr Who and came across this thread. I am a big fan of Tom Baker.

Does anyone remember watching black and white Dr Who in the 1980s or 1990s?
Re: Missing Episodes Of Doctor-Who Found In Nigeria by tayoccu(m): 4:20pm On Jan 26, 2015
hi guys just created a doctor who fan thread
[url] www.nairaland.com/2114582/doctor-fan-thread [/url]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mo Adeniran Wins The Voice UK 2017 (Photos) / BBNaija: Bambam Cried Because The Housemates Called Her 'Fake' / Evicted BBNaija Star, Amaka, Gifted 2 Huge Money Cakes By Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.