Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? (48891 Views)

#ProjectClothe1000 By Nasarawa Corpers In Sdgs & FRSC CDS Group / Best Nysc Camp In Nigeria / Which State Has The Best Nysc Camp? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by fubbyy(m): 6:06pm On Oct 11, 2013
some people said their own was boring,so which one is fun? I'll be in camp next month
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by chukwuinya: 7:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
mdgs all d way

6 Likes

Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by fubbyy(m): 9:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
chukwuinya: mdgs all d way
pls explain what they do
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by yokiti: 1:10pm On Oct 12, 2013
The answer to the question is subjective and its based on where you are serving. Here in K-town, what we do in MDGs is to talk and nothing else. Its the same for other CDS unit with the exemption of Anti-HIV.

2 Likes

Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by konklushun(f): 12:22pm On Oct 14, 2013
Am soooo enjoyin my rural cds group (unto say na village i dey serve) we visit various schs around us, teach as a grp for like 2hrs and take malt nd snacks, d host sch does d provision. Its funnnnnn
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by ikweremilitant: 10:12pm On Oct 14, 2013
fubbyy: some people said their own was boring,so which one is fun? I'll be in camp next month
anti boko haram cds group.only corpas postd to d north

1 Like

Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 15, 2013
Come join d FRSC CDs group n its safety all d way. Not to talk of the free driving training n a membership of road safety club n ur express driving licence etc... What r u still waiting for? wink

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by fubbyy(m): 10:34pm On Oct 16, 2013
hon.johnbright:
Come join d FRSC CDs group n its safety all d way. Not to talk of the free driving training n a membership of road safety club n ur express driving licence etc... What r u still waiting for? wink
thanks bro,i go join am nxt month
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by pianogirl(f): 12:06am On Oct 17, 2013
NYSC Musical Band!!!That's the place to be anyday anytime...There's never a dull moment. It's fun all the way.

4 Likes

Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by fubbyy(m): 1:00am On Oct 17, 2013
piano_girl: NYSC Musical Band!!!That's the place to be anyday anytime...There's never a dull moment. It's fun all the way.
nice 1,pls more suggestion
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by stanuplane(m): 5:04am On Oct 17, 2013
Can one join up to 2 CDS groups
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by fubbyy(m): 6:42am On Oct 17, 2013
stanuplane: Can one join up to 2 CDS groups
i dnt think so, mod dis is the kind of topic 2 mk fp for prospective corpers
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by MissIndependent(f): 7:16pm On Oct 17, 2013
More suggestions please. I think it will be better if you all can also mention the benefits of such CDS groups. wink
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by fubbyy(m): 9:36pm On Oct 17, 2013
mod don't u see this thread as a front page material?
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by MissIndependent(f): 10:49pm On Oct 17, 2013
smiley cool
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by fubbyy(m): 6:36am On Oct 18, 2013
MissIndependent: ^^^ I pasted the link on the complains and suggestions thread they said it will be considered for Front Page. cool
good
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by plainmirror(m): 4:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by mrking3(m): 4:52pm On Oct 18, 2013
FRSC .. Is apparently †ђξ Best CDS to join!! That FRSC cds uniform alone gives prestige!! I swear!! Just as someone here already noted! you'll get a Road safety I'd card! Infact, where I served in Kogi, Road safety members where entitled to free ride and bike! Infact most persons mistook us for Road safety staff! We usually go on Road check once in every week, we also established Road safety clubs in secondary schools! And engaged in community services!! During my time, I was †ђξ CADET - IN - CHIEF it was fun sha while it lasted!! Road safety club is simply †ђξ best CDS in Nysc! Coz you'll be meaningfully engaged! And at †ђξ end, you'll be issued Certificate direct from Abuja!! I'm still in contact with my UNIT COMMANDER .. Still waiting for him to fullfil his promise!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by kstyle2(m): 4:54pm On Oct 18, 2013
Farm n agric.....i wz d presidnt sef....mr peter,may d gods hunt u 4 puttin me in dat cds group....

6 Likes

Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by dubyfranky: 4:56pm On Oct 18, 2013
press cds. We're d image makers of all cds groups

1 Like

Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by binigirl(f): 4:58pm On Oct 18, 2013
The Best CDS Group to join is Publicity CDS.

What they do:
Running of OBS while in Camp.
Publishing of monthly corpers' magazine.
Publishing of Year Book at the end of each service year.
Media coverage of all corpers' events.
Weekly Broadcast of Corpers' Program on TV and Radio within the State. etc.

In all, Publicity CDS is a fun and educative group. cool

3 Likes

Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:59pm On Oct 18, 2013
Editorial (Publicity) CDS all the way.
Why? Cos it's the King of all CDS.
How can you be a member?
Join the Orientation Broadcasting Service (OBS) from camp. Be an active member in order to be recognized & posted to the town. Automatically, all Editorial or Publicity CDS members are posted to state capitals.
Editorial/Publicity CDS members from diff states are in charge of producing the monthly NYSC newsletters, the NYSC year magazine, radio & TV station programs, sensitizing schools among others. With collaboration with the NYSC PR Unit, they are the mouth piece of all other CDS & the NYSC.
Last Bullet:
If you manage to join Editorial/Publicity CDS & luck come smile on you to become the Presido, chai!
You don hammer!
Although, it's not easy to become a member of the OBS in camp not to talk of becoming an Editorial/Publicity CDS member.
Presidents of the Editorial/Publicity CDS are more powerful than Corper Liason Officers (CLOs). During my NYSC service year, I was the Editorial/Publicity CDS President of my set. I worked hard, had sense, swagg & knew the way.
Long live Editorial/Publicity CDS!
Other CDS which I can recommend for people are: NYSC Band, Charity (The big boys & girls click. You go donate money like Dangote), Dance & Drama, Culture & Tourism.

2 Likes

Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by seundegs: 5:01pm On Oct 18, 2013
SpORT!!!
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by Ene101(m): 5:01pm On Oct 18, 2013
Environmental
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by yomalex(m): 5:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
hmm
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by kixo(m): 5:03pm On Oct 18, 2013
Joining a CDS group depends on the state and place u r being posted to. Here in Abeokuta Ogun state, NDLEA Drug free Club is one of the best CDS to join, if u r science based, u tend to know more about illicit and hard drugs, we preach our message to schools, juvenile homes, prisons, remands et al...to make Nigeria a Drug Free nation. I am not ruling other good CDS groups such as FRSC, NEMA, NAFDAC, even the Band....mind you, some LG mite post u 2 a CDS group either by ur location of ur ppa or ur course of study....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by bisi16(m): 5:06pm On Oct 18, 2013
seundegs: SpORT!!!
unnecessary travels and risk to ur life all in d name of competition.

FRSC is not fun coz na lectures. After which u'll visit schls and also teach dem, bt I'm no longer afraid of dem on d highway. We be 1 now, even after 2yrs
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by nerodenero: 5:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
The intention for the creation of CDS is a laudable idea but has it been able to achieve the purpose it was meant for?I say No.Most CDS groups are just meeting points where corpers meet and discuss generally.While few corpers have the wherewithal to get funds and erect structures and make the impact of CDS felt in the locality,many dont have such luxury.I think NYSC needs to review CDS to make it functional and to meet the demands for which it was created.

1 Like

Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by Archmed(m): 5:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
the best CDS group to join should be the one you've developed a likeness for.Anything you like CANNOT be boring!!

6 Likes

Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 18, 2013
If you like your space, join Drug/Anti-cult group. name only you and MAYBE 2-3 others go be members. you guys can then totally skip whatever-the-hell CDS meetings are like I did during my service in Okpe kingdom
Re: The Best NYSC CDS Group To Join? by ganja06(m): 5:08pm On Oct 18, 2013
I'm in tourism...
We visit tourist sites...

Tourism club...
Bringing the world to kwara.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NYSC: Corper Stands On A Chair To Reach The School Board (Video) / Suspension Of Ebonyi Christian Corpers: MURIC Reacts, Supports CAN / Jos Corper Proposes To His Corper Girlfriend At Their Passing Out Parade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.