Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Ailing Pa Kasumu Needs N12m To Stay Alive - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ailing Pa Kasumu Needs N12m To Stay Alive (642 Views)

I Have Sold Everything Including My Wedding Ring Just To Stay Alive. / Joan Rivers Now Completely Reliant On Machines To Stay Alive / Useful Health Tips-stay Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ailing Pa Kasumu Needs N12m To Stay Alive by etunoman76(m): 7:48pm On Oct 11, 2013
Actor Olukayode Odumosu, popularly known as Pa Kasumu, is in dire need of treatment abroad for a disease that has kept him bedridden for awhile, writes JAYNE AUGOYE

Seasoned actor, Olukayode Odumosu, popularly known as Pa Kasumu, is currently down with Biventricular Heart Failure, an ailment that has seriously affected his heart and lungs, and he needs the sum of N12m to undergo treatment in a hospital abroad.

The actor, who turned 60 in March and celebrated the 45th anniversary of his acting career, fell ill after suffering partial stroke in 2009. So far, he has undergone several tests and forced to take several expensive medications, which he claims have set him back financially.

Odumosu, whose first appearance in a play titled Iyawo Orun actually kick-started his career, says, “I have spent so much on this disease. When I was initially diagnosed with the ailment, the doctors said it was severe and they would need to control the progression so that it doesn’t affect my kidneys. They warned that it could affect my kidneys in the absence of urgent medical intervention. This I’m happy that they did it and succeeded. But, at present other serious ailments have set in and necessitated this battle of survival. I am not tired yet. I still want to continue to make people laugh, but my failing health is an obstacle.”

In a telephone interview with our correspondent, Odumosu’s son, Tunde, raised the alarm over his deteriorating health.

“We just noticed that my father’s condition suddenly got bad, though he had been placed on medication since 2009 when he survived a stroke. For now his memory is failing and his speech is very inaudible. We don’t want the disease to affect his brain. So we need all the help we can get to save his life.

“He needs the sum of N12m urgently to enable him travel to the United Kingdom, Germany or Israel, as recommended by his doctors, for further treatment. They are trying their best to prevent a secondary stroke from occurring and have succeeded in preventing the ailment from affecting his kidneys for now.

“His condition has deteriorated so much that the ailment has affected his knees and his vision, which is blurred,” he said.

Meanwhile, the Association of Theatre Arts Practitioners has pledged to stand by Odumose, who is one of its members. One of the association’s national leaders and prominent actor, Jide Kosoko, says he paid a visit to the ailing actor in the latter’s residence in the Mushin area of Lagos on Tuesday alongside other members of the body.

Kosoko expressed his displeasure over Odumosu’s deteriorating health condition.

“He has kept the knowledge of his condition to himself all this while because he did not want to burden anyone else with it. But this has got to the point where he cannot continue to do it all by himself. So we have no choice other than to help him and see that he gets help fast,” he said.

On how the association intends to help the actor, Kosoko added, “The association is currently in a crisis. It has gone to court to seek redress and so there is no way we can help as a body. But the good thing is that Odumosu has many friends amongst us.

“We plan to set up a committee to help him. We are going to appeal for help from our patrons and good spirited individuals. You are aware that the industry is involved many crises and we are not making enough money any longer. Nevertheless, we will stand by him by God’s grace.”

Tunde Odumosu said that while some of the friends and relations of his father, who currently lives in a rented apartment in Mushin, Lagos, have made some effort to ensure that he stays alive, they still require additional assistance from the public, He says, “We need every penny and help from good-spirited individuals to keep my father alive. His account details are, Olukayode Olugbenga Odumosu, Diamond Bank, 0036059543.”

http://www.punchng.com/entertainment/arts-life/ailing-pa-kasumu-needs-n12m-to-stay-alive/

Re: Ailing Pa Kasumu Needs N12m To Stay Alive by ayobase(m): 10:33pm On Oct 11, 2013
Front page Mods.

Pa Kasumu, one of the actors I respect so much. His talking style with his nose,while his pipe dangles.

I remember the movie where he said the fingers should be trimmed equal due to a particular purpose that involved money!

(1) (Reply)

Foods That Help With A Higher Sex Drive / All About Mosquitoes.. / Men Who Have Sex With Men Should Take Antiretroviral Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.