Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,753 members, 7,806,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? (2025 Views)

How The Sacrament Of Marriage Is The Secret Key To Salvation / The Power Of The Most Blessed Sacrament / Jesus Appeared Live At The Sacrament Of D St.paul's Catholic Church Benin City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by italo: 10:13am On Oct 19, 2013
tpia@:
Whats wrong with paying a fee for the use of the facility?

And whats so unusual about that?

She wants it for free.
tpia@:

You dont have to hold your wedding in the church if you disagree with the policy, just have it somewhere else.

And if you cant afford to pay the fee but still want to get married, then just discuss with the minister and see if it can be waived.

We have suggested that. She doesnt want to talk to the Priest (even though she claims to be a choir member). I think it makes her feel better to come here and say "The Priests are exploiting and extorting. Denying the people the Sacrament" than to go to her Parish Priest and say "Father, I want to get married but this fee makes it hard."

@amyg, if you are thinking of getting married soon, perhaps you can tell me your Parish. I will figure out a way to talk to your Parish Priest on your behalf.
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by woky: 2:28pm On Oct 19, 2013
italo:

Yes...yes.

Even if she cant give the names of the couples... she can give vital details of what is happening.

E.g the parishes, exactly how much is being paid, that couples who cannot afford the fee are turned away etc
she won't gv u any vital details, even if she does, i dnt tink it i wil b true..
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by amyg(f): 10:47pm On Nov 17, 2013
Reveal ur identity then I'll give out the couple's names/other vtal details in a forum like this.@italo,I don't need ur pleading 2 get wedded in d church buh I hope in ur later years u ll look back and b happy 2 c d fire u started gutting u as well.we r quick 2 blame d president 4 his short comings buh d spiritual office u r spear heading,u'v become a tax collector.if u r yet 2 inform d bishop then u v been practicing human doctrinization.go back nd find out y u were ordained a priest nd stop conforming urself 2 d world with love of money.
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by italo: 11:30pm On Nov 17, 2013
amyg: Reveal ur identity then I'll give out the couple's names/other vtal details in a forum like this.
We arent asking for the names of the couple. That is too private...but details like the name of the parish, exactly how much is charged etc.
amyg: @italo,I don't need ur pleading 2 get wedded in d church buh I hope in ur later years u ll look back and b happy 2 c d fire u started gutting u as well.
we r quick 2 blame d president 4 his short comings buh d spiritual office u r spear heading,u'v become a tax collector.if u r yet 2 inform d bishop then u v been practicing human doctrinization.go back nd find out y u were ordained a priest nd stop conforming urself 2 d world with love of money.

My sweetheart,

What exactly is your agenda?

I offer to help you personally with your parish... You rebuff the offer.

We offer to take the issue up with your Bishop if you give us details that will help us... You refuse.

Do you want me to tell the Bishop that one girl in one parish in Orlu said her parish was extorting people to hold weddings?

Not everyone is senseless.

What exactly is your agenda?

How can you be helped?
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by amyg(f): 9:17am On Nov 18, 2013
One thrilling fact about this is DT no receipts are issued so u don't v a proof/evidence of transactions.d game:even u ll deny wen called up.am not asking 4 a change ONLY FOR ME/MY GF,am asking U 2 stop bastardizing d catholic faith.None of d sacraments is 4 sale.speak out 2 ur colleagues involved &STOP if u r involved.no amount of explanation can justify d extortion&exploitation on couples,u r tearing homes apart!dis comes in2 play after d wedding.4 fear of being accused of running down an ordained priest,nobody ll talk so u think they r cool with it.like a poster said,if d couple is stretched,they can opt 4 another church DT can welcome them.cos d population is much,u wnt notice d withdrawals until u start wedding empty pews.Win souls 4 God,not 4 urself!pple including me are happier wen they give freely and nt wen compelled/wen its tagged.after d wedding,true Christianity begins.
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by italo: 10:40am On Nov 18, 2013
amyg: One thrilling fact about this is DT no receipts are issued so u don't v a proof/evidence of transactions.d game:even u ll deny wen called up.am not asking 4 a change ONLY FOR ME/MY GF,am asking U 2 stop bastardizing d catholic faith.None of d sacraments is 4 sale.speak out 2 ur colleagues involved &STOP if u r involved.no amount of explanation can justify d extortion&exploitation on couples,u r tearing homes apart!dis comes in2 play after d wedding.4 fear of being accused of running down an ordained priest,nobody ll talk so u think they r cool with it.like a poster said,if d couple is stretched,they can opt 4 another church DT can welcome them.cos d population is much,u wnt notice d withdrawals until u start wedding empty pews.Win souls 4 God,not 4 urself!pple including me are happier wen they give freely and nt wen compelled/wen its tagged.after d wedding,true Christianity begins.

You want me to tell my colleagues to stop charging a fee for weddings?

They should pick money from trees to pay for fuel, choristers, altar boys, administrative expenses etc?

I will tell them. But first, show us the trees we can pick the money from.
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by amyg(f): 3:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
Charging a fee is milder 2 d ears,greater than 7k is nt a fee its EXTORTION&EXPLOITATION.stop twisting words 2 suit u/sweeten it.
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by italo: 11:20am On Nov 19, 2013
amyg: Charging a fee is milder 2 d ears,greater than 7k is nt a fee its EXTORTION&EXPLOITATION.stop twisting words 2 suit u/sweeten it.

Okay. You want me to tell my colleagues to start charging 6k or below...and you were the one who told me, as a choir member, you guys collect about 10k for weddings.

You have been collecting 10k from other people but now that its your own turn, you want your priest to pick the remaining 4k from trees to give the choir. You want him to pick money from trees for other wedding expenses too.

It seems you are stingy, greedy, inconsiderate, wicked...and a thief.
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by SalC: 12:36pm On Nov 19, 2013
It seems you are stingy, greedy, inconsiderate, wicked...and a thief. shocked That's a hard one for a lady @italo
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by amyg(f): 1:18pm On Nov 19, 2013
@Italo,Frm d onset of MY thread,u depict ANGER,BITTERNESS &UNHAPPINESS as a priest.am wicked,stingy,inconsiderate&a thief?thank GOD its a faceless forum else u would v slapped me as well or even cursed me.sorry u r nt God.u must really b guilty cos u r trying so hard.a while ago,u wanted 2 know wot can b done 2 salvage d situation&even feigned ignorance.how much did d church charge u 4 ur ordination?u feel couples r better opportuned and lucky 2 be married while u chose 2 suffer as a clergy so they ought 2 b purnished as well.both married laity&clergy r a vocation,no compulsion.u v ur holy order,they get dr holy matrimony. I repeat,HOW MUCH DID U PAY 4 UR ORDINATION?
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by Syncan(m): 2:00pm On Nov 19, 2013
@Italo, that last line...too harsh.
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by Syncan(m): 2:19pm On Nov 19, 2013
amyg: @Italo,Frm d onset of MY thread,u depict ANGER,BITTERNESS &UNHAPPINESS as a priest.am wicked,stingy,inconsiderate&a thief?thank GOD its a faceless forum else u would v slapped me as well or even cursed me.sorry u r nt God.u must really b guilty cos u r trying so hard.a while ago,u wanted 2 know wot can b done 2 salvage d situation&even feigned ignorance.how much did d church charge u 4 ur ordination?u feel couples r better opportuned and lucky 2 be married while u chose 2 suffer as a clergy so they ought 2 b purnished as well.both married laity&clergy r a vocation,no compulsion.u v ur holy order,they get dr holy matrimony. I repeat,HOW MUCH DID U PAY 4 UR ORDINATION?

@amyg, I hope you know it was you who provoked that reaction, though I do not support it for a sister. Several posters have tried to speak kindly with you on the subject and even professing to help out, yet you seem determined to paint the church and her priests black with your posts. Do you want to solve a problem? Do you understand the problem? Is this the best place to solve it? Just take a moment and consider this: supposing Italo is not a priest and someone else is ...eg me, will you say it is fair to me what you just wrote about priests not happy for you being able to marry? Is that how you feel about priests? That's why in a faceless forum like this we are careful not to generalize issues. We all have a part to play in making the church better for us. 7k as you propose can still be too much for some people to pay, what do you then do? What determined your 7k, minimum wage? I have said it before, no couple wanting to wed will not wed in the catholic church because of wedding fee. There is even mass wedding in the catholic church. Take it easy amyg.
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by italo: 2:55pm On Nov 19, 2013
amyg: @Italo,Frm d onset of MY thread,u depict ANGER,BITTERNESS &UNHAPPINESS as a priest.am wicked,stingy,inconsiderate&a thief?thank GOD its a faceless forum else u would v slapped me as well or even cursed me.sorry u r nt God.u must really b guilty cos u r trying so hard.a while ago,u wanted 2 know wot can b done 2 salvage d situation&even feigned ignorance.how much did d church charge u 4 ur ordination?u feel couples r better opportuned and lucky 2 be married while u chose 2 suffer as a clergy so they ought 2 b purnished as well.both married laity&clergy r a vocation,no compulsion.u v ur holy order,they get dr holy matrimony. I repeat,HOW MUCH DID U PAY 4 UR ORDINATION?

I didn't say you were all those. I said "it seems." And I gave my reasons why I said so. According to you, you have been taking and taking from other couples, now you dont want to give to the same choir you belong to and through which you have been taking from.

Isnt that how the stingy, greedy, wicked, inconsiderate... thieves behave?

And I dont remember telling you I was a priest. I just wanted you to keep ranting so it'd be clear that you are in the habit of coming to conclusions based on what you dont know or understand. You condemn without even hearing the story of the ones you're condemning. E.g me and all the priests you've condemned. You even condemned your own parish priest whom you see every sunday without hearing from him.

My dear, it might sound harsh but it seems to me that you are far worse than all those things I mentioned.

It seems that you're an agent of destruction.

Yes.

Talk to your parish priest... mba!

Tell me your parish let me talk to him... mba!

Utilize the mass wedding... mba!

Tell us the parish let us take it up with Bishop... mba!

Tell us how much they charge so we can tell bishop... mba!

Show us the trees where the priests would pick 4k from to add to your 6k to pay choir... mba!

What do we call you? Good girl?
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by lacum: 4:15pm On Nov 19, 2013
amyg: All ur emphasis is on the choir,am a choirster and choir does not get more than 10k as substitute 4 their food nd drinks.why would the village parish charge up to 10k just 2 announce the bann whereas the wedding will not be held there?my dear,pple clearly opt 4 court marriage 2 avoid all these shit.
you are paying for what u refused to pay when u where supposed to. for instance: are u in cyon, did u participate actively and pay monthly dues? this is for u n ur frnd individually in order to obtain clearance. for ur info, it happens in every church. when i used to work in d church, i was told by a man about to wed dat more will even b demanded from u in anglican. when i was about to enter d seminary, i also obtained clearance from cyon. so its not only for marriage.
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by lacum: 4:48pm On Nov 19, 2013
amyg: Go 2 Imo state,Orlu dioceses.I won't b specific 4 anonimousity sake.also go 2 Enugu.
i am currently in orlu diocese and am from orlu.d church is d same everywhere except dat some places may take it very strict like orlu diocese. but u have bin told about d services ur paying for so do u have anymore problem?
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by Syncan(m): 5:47pm On Nov 19, 2013
lacum:
you are paying for what u refused to pay when u where supposed to. for instance: are u in cyon, did u participate actively and pay monthly dues? this is for u n ur frnd individually in order to obtain clearance. for ur info, it happens in every church. when i used to work in d church, i was told by a man about to wed dat more will even b demanded from u in anglican. when i was about to enter d seminary, i also obtained clearance from cyon. so its not only for marriage.

So even to go and "suffer" you need clearance grin
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by amyg(f): 8:13pm On Nov 19, 2013
@lacum,thank u 4 telling d truth.so how much is d fee 4 ordination?
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by italo: 4:26am On Nov 20, 2013
Sal C: It seems you are stingy, greedy, inconsiderate, wicked...and a thief. shocked That's a hard one for a lady @italo

"Lady" wey no dey hear word.

"Lady wey condemn me as an extortionist and exploitative priest.

"Lady" wey condemn all parish priests charging for wedding as "bastardizing" the faith.

"Lady" wey accuse me of being "tax collector," even though I have never met her not to talk of collecting anything from her.

"Lady" wey condemn me and the Church of these and many many more.

Pls don't call this one "lady."

That would be a disgrace to all the cultured ladies out there...whom I absolutely cherish.
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by lacum: 8:32am On Nov 20, 2013
amyg: @lacum,thank u 4 telling d truth.so how much is d fee 4 ordination?
i tink ordination is taken care by d diocese because d priest is owned by the church so d comnittee takes care of it. but marriage is u n ur hubby. since u decided to do it in d church, they must make sure ur not owing anytin. remember dat most people remember d church only when they have their personal agenda so wedding is d right time to colect those cyon dues, maryleague dues n work u did not participate in when ur mates were labouring for d chuech. for ur info, i recide in asaba n i pay my dues in my paeish as well as my home parish in orlu. if u dont want to pay u can go for mass wedding.
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by daontop: 9:10am On Nov 20, 2013

Sis Amy, frm wot i ve read so far, i noticed dat u only care abt d money being paid but u dnt want 2no wot its being used 4. spendin 10mil nd above on reception, gown nd hall rentage, food nd drinks, honeymoon 2dubai 2u is nt "Extortion" but suporting d church wit a stipend is termed "extortion", logically, it doesnt sound right. U once mentiond dat u r paid #10k during oda peoples weddin, ve u askd urself who is payin dat bill, d church or d couple? if its d couple, dey y do u wnt yours 2b diff? i once read a story of a couple who got married in 1of d outstations of their parish there in d north. the outstation was choosen, y? because we learnt that d couples could not afford transportin themselves, parents, relatives and friends due to high cost of transportation nd distance between d parish and the outstation, but d parish decided to go d other way round ie transport d priest, alter servants, choirs etc to d outstation wit d couple paying nothing.. now if u ask me, how was d bill paid? through the common collection, support and "extorted" money "comfortable" people lik dat your friend paid during their own weddin....
If u ask me, i dnt see any reasonable and logical need for this kind of thread except that ur aim is to paint d catholic church black rather than ask ur parish priest or ur bishop if u really seek answers to your question... Shalom
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by daontop: 9:20am On Nov 20, 2013

You dnt pay for the ordination, it is taken care of mosttimes by d church or a community of friends or well wishers..
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by SalC: 10:42am On Nov 20, 2013
Honestly i can no longer place my hand on what you want.

Do you want us to just accept the fact that the priests are wrong and you are right. Even if we do, will that settle the issue?

Your reason for opening this thread should be to seek solution not just to criticise.
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by SalC: 10:46am On Nov 20, 2013
italo:

"Lady" wey condemn all parish priests charging for wedding as "bastardizing" the faith.

"Lady" wey accuse me of being "tax collector," even though I have never met her not to talk of collecting anything from her.

That would be a disgrace to all the cultured ladies out there...whom I absolutely cherish.
I get it, at least you've made your point clear for all to see.
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by amyg(f): 1:27pm On Nov 20, 2013
italo:

10q also
Some more?
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by amyg(f): 5:09pm On Nov 21, 2013
Sal C: Honestly i can no longer place my hand on what you want.

Do you want us to just accept the fact that the priests are wrong and you are right. Even if we do, will that settle the issue?

Your reason for opening this thread should be to seek solution not just to criticise.
Read d topic again,it will help u 2 understand.
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by SalC: 5:28pm On Nov 21, 2013
amyg: .
Read d topic again,it will help u 2 understand.
I read every bit of the posts on this thread before making that comment, beside the post you quoted was not my first post.
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by tpia5: 6:29pm On Nov 21, 2013
amyg: so how much is d fee 4 ordination?

i thought the thread was about the wedding fee.

why are you switching to ordination?
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by amyg(f): 10:24am On Nov 22, 2013
Nope am not switching,just plain analysis(they are both solemnized).I was thinking since both vocations end up with one sacrament,y should it b much stressful nd tasking 4 d matrimony.wedding in the catholic church means d couple still wishes to proceed with the church not cos they got no options lyk some replies came in(right?).so y make it lyk they r running away?and if some dissappear and reappear only wen they need something from the church,its probably cos of the treatment they got along the line or they simply don't have it.mass wedding lyk some are suggesting(d deed and harm has been done)where's the joy?we are all human,my one pence sha.
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by italo: 10:41am On Nov 22, 2013
^^^

Running from pillar to post with some untruths and half-truths.
Re: Is The Sacrament Of Matrimony 4 Sale? by amyg(f): 7:46pm On Nov 22, 2013
#Confirm,deny/dont bother#

(1) (2) (Reply)

What’s Going To Happen Soon! Vision by Olav Rodge / (PHOTO) Interview With A General Overseer That Converted To Muslim In Ekiti / Popular Lesbian Repents, Boasts Of God, Her Before And After Photos Will Shock U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.