Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? (13558 Views)

What Does Your Taste In Music Say About Your Intelligence? / Which Songs/Music Videos Pisses You Off Bigtime? / Olamide Noise Maker Ordered By FG To Include Sub-titles In Music Videos (2) (3) (4)

The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by socool1(f): 3:53am On Jun 08, 2006
why can't nigerian artists get more pretty models for their music videos? whats up with their hair, make up and outfitss! I know there are pretty girls from nigerians, I know there are beautiful girls in nigeria.

Is there a modeling agency to provide better models? it looks like the artist just walked on ajegunle street, picked up a girl on the road and she just walked right into the video shoot!
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by eveseh(f): 4:02am On Jun 08, 2006
hmmmmmmmmm no coment yet, we will try to look good in videos grin
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by sade511(f): 4:08am On Jun 08, 2006
lol. . .so cool I know what you mean.
I think its cause the girls with enough money to take care of themselves(do hair and stuff) dont want to be lower to the standards of being a "video hoe/ashewo".
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by socool1(f): 5:20am On Jun 08, 2006
lol sadee, hah hahaa, i was just looking at videos and the girls in them , men its so dissapointing, i mean even if they feel like the girls that dances in a video or a video model is cheap and she is a LovePeddler, at least go for the pretty whores or something, to me its just their music video production crew, I mean compare the girls in american music videos to the ones in Nigerian music videos, they might be considered whores or whatever, but the girls in american videos makes you wanna see the video even more, I bet there are pretty nigerian chicks out there that will love to do a music video with 2face,faze,dbanj,eedris,ruggedman, p square etc , Might not even be a LovePeddler,i Nigerian Artist and their management is so lazy to search for the best in whatever they do. Nigerian music scene needs to wake up.Our music is starting to get somewhere, atleast show us the best of our land! i am fed up of this so call stars representing naija men!! soji men,
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by zionchic(f): 5:26am On Jun 08, 2006
like you i believe they just pick girls on the street randomly, i also think they are looking for cheap labour so they bundle any excited girl up there, 'cos even if the girl doesn't look so good they could make her presentable after fixing up her hair, outfit and teaching them sensible dance moves, some of their dance steps to mi are really appalling.
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by socool1(f): 6:06pm On Jun 08, 2006
I know , Nigerian Artist needs to represent themselves better than that. Those girls in their video looks like they dont have a clue whats going on, talkless of their dance step, makossa dance in a hip hop video oh my gossshh what the hell?? and the ones that watch mtvbase or channel o and tries to copy the video girls in America over do it, They end up looking like they are being finger popped or something (I am sorry if i sound harsh) but it really pains me, now i see that most artists are going abroad to use white girls and all this akata girls, why? is it because they see girls on mtv looking so beautiful in music videos? whoa, i hope they know that america artists, are selective of the models they use in their music video and they fix them up with hair,makeup, outfits and things like that. some of them are not born that beautiful, I guess you are right, they are being so cheap but men, Niaja entertainment still have a long way to go, regardless of the great music thats being produced,
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by Nolly: 9:47pm On Jun 08, 2006
not only did they girls be looking tourgh up but they also be acting retarded.
most of them just look confuse
smilling too much
looking in the wrong direction
just being too silly and guffy
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by DaHitler(m): 9:59pm On Jun 08, 2006
Maybe you girls should post your pictures before you complain. grin
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by DaHitler(m): 10:04pm On Jun 08, 2006
Those girls in that video are really hot. Honestly, they are hot. You girls have no taste in women.
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by Qtane: 10:08pm On Jun 08, 2006
if i did, i will have too many stalkers and if i was in nigeria i will definitely have an agency that the artist will employe girls at.

The only problem i see is that their ignorance will cost them to talk trash on the agency
and they may claim that i am sponsoring ashawo and prostitute. , funny though here in american, Nigerian men arec the biggest cusomer in every strip joint shocked
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by Nolly: 10:15pm On Jun 08, 2006
in all truth, niger girls are one of the most beautiful girls in the world( i mean natural beauty no makeup), but at the same time they are the most conceited and stalk up.

a niger girl might want to be a model but thinks she is too good to start from music video, she will be waiting for someone to fly to niger and tell her :you are soo beautiful come on, let go to hollywood. ( she doesn't know that starring in the little budget video can expose her and get her discovered , her head is too full of ishiawoul;;;;;nonesense)

To all niger girls in this forum, let it be known that urgly attitude gets you nowhere
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by socool1(f): 10:19pm On Jun 08, 2006
Qtane
lol! i know

Afeni
good choice, lol
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by lunafish(f): 12:29pm On Jun 09, 2006
Because we're African and don't have time to do that.
African girls aren't raised to be video girls. We're raised to be educated.
Besides; we have too much familial pressure and would be disgraced (by them) if relatives saw us shaking it in music videos.
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by DaHitler(m): 12:32pm On Jun 09, 2006
lunafish, thats not what she said.
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by Nolly: 4:05pm On Jun 09, 2006
@ lunafish
you mean we are rise to be educated house wife.
most nigerian women highest career stop at being a house wife and besides there are alot well educated women in american video if i must tell you: check out the outcast video, the woman with big ass was their cousin: a well educated business woman in ATL.
being in music video doesn't mean wearing a bikini, there are alot of classy way a music video can be shot without exposing the girls and if its a video with a good story line then the girls will have no problem with their relatives seeing them.

we are not rise to be a video girl but our men run around chasing after video girls. cool
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by sade511(f): 8:36pm On Jun 09, 2006
The girls in that video were amright but they dont kow how to dance. . . lol
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by socool1(f): 4:41am On Jun 10, 2006
they could have been better than that, they had the right concept but they dont look like they know what they were doing, lol, the dancing is hilarious grin grin and thats considered to be one of the best video girls i have seen in anigerian music video, their hair, make up, common they got better looking nigerian girls that will love to be in a music video and video girls are not whores, it all depends on how a lady carries herself, in a music video or even by walking on the streets undecided undecided undecided
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by cocofinest(f): 5:53am On Jun 10, 2006
Omg,d girl in dat video was acting totally retarded,nigerian artists or company or whoever puts these girls in these videos need to do a better job than this,by firstly teaching them on how to act in front of the camera so as not to let the whole concept of the song and video look stupid.
About females in videos,i dont think a female in a video is a demeaning character to play but it could be only demeaning if acted out that way,so it all balls down to the concept of what is to be potrayed and how it could be potrayed in a sexy yet classy way . smiley
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by DaHitler(m): 7:01am On Jun 10, 2006
cocofinest, you just said it all "balls" down to . . . . . shocked

Did you mean to say "boils"?

And I think you need to get your mind out of the gutter. cheesy
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by cocofinest(f): 7:35am On Jun 10, 2006
@Afeni,whatever,lol,i think pple understand wht i meant
u need to get yur mind outta d gutter tongue
okay,i accept the correction,u ready, "it all boils down to"
u happy? wink
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by socool1(f): 7:39am On Jun 10, 2006
afeni chill
this is not an english class people can make mistake while typing, have you heard of that?? angry angry
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by DaHitler(m): 8:06am On Jun 10, 2006
so cool, you must think you are so cool.

Yes, this is not English class. I never said it was. cheesy

Cocofinest, I am very happy now. In fact, it is as if the purpose of my life has been completed. grin
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by socool1(f): 8:25am On Jun 10, 2006
Afeni
yepp i am so cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by shyroc(m): 10:31am On Jun 10, 2006
I disagree with this. i was looking at this video on Ben TV, the were playing this track ' you be that girl wey dey make me kolo. I felt she was hot ( steamy hot). I suppose it might not be to your liking but me i no gree o.
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by socool1(f): 5:49pm On Jun 10, 2006
@shyroc, you saw 1 video with a hot girl correct? thats 1 out of thousands of nigerian music videos. even with unknown american artist you cannot count the amount of pretty ladies that are featured in their so called "lowbudget music video" compared to our own very popular nigerian artists cry cry
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by socool1(f): 3:41am On Jun 14, 2006
Below is what you call a girl dancing for an artist. (as you can see its beyonce but she is not singing she is just dancing as the main girl in this clip) check it out! I am sure Nigerian artist could copy this style a lil bit and put it into their music video, so many Hot girls in that nigeria, all they need is chorography and a good stylist, I dont know where they get all this wack girls from, so sad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaujhSEuFAI&search=beyonce
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by Nolly: 3:51am On Jun 14, 2006
if a nigerian girl did dance exactly like beyounce did in that video, everybody in nairaland and the whole niger will call the girl ashawo, so i don't think it would have made any difference. its just our ignorance and no one can change that.

i mean think about it, if any female artist is coming out of niger, she had to be singimg gospel song for the sake of being respected. if not she will be consider ashawo. this is one of the reason i like the artist jjbunny, she doesn't seem to care what the niger people will think of her shocked
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by aloib(f): 3:53am On Jun 14, 2006
SO COOL, some gurls are really hot as in hot, but some are nothn to write home about, but i think we are getting there lil by lil, its just a matter of time, eg like the movie ind, was so bad, but now i think they are actually trying now
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by socool1(f): 4:16am On Jun 14, 2006
I know ya'll, Nigerian music industry has a long way to go then, I really wanna see a femael r &b artist come out and just do her thing, to be sincere with you, those girls in nigerian music videos could have been chorographed and dressed properly she doesnt have to dance exactly like beyonce but know how to move to the beat or something, i am tired of seeing this nigerian girls in music video looking like they dont have a clue whats going on, To me its based on the Nigerian Artists and their so called production crew" Its The laziness to find the best in whatever they do and its a sad story, even if you put nice clothes and make up on someone thats known as "ashewo" she might be presentable for a music video,
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by aloib(f): 4:22am On Jun 14, 2006
so cool, lets set up a group, i can rap well o
Re: The Nigerian Girls In Music Videos? by socool1(f): 4:25am On Jun 14, 2006
ehn ehn seriously?? i can dance well oo

Where's Shabba Ranks? / ★ [VIDEO] Adekunle Gold – Ready / This Is The Freestyle That Got Japp Roasted On Twitter.