Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,749 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia (7917 Views)

Nigerians React To Sunday Oliseh Resigning As Super Eagles Coach. See Photos / Acid Test For Oliseh : Eagles To Face Ghana And Cameroon In Friendly / Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by Charlesedet25(m): 7:20am On Oct 12, 2013
Former Super Eagles captain, Sunday Oliseh has warned the coach Stephen Keshi led-side not to treat the game against Ethiopia with levity stressing that against the thinking of many, the East African side has improved tremendously from the last time the Super Eagles handed them a 2-0 defeat at the AFCON 2013.

Oliseh, while x-raying the match, stated that Ethiopia’s head coach, Sewnet Bishaw and his boys had proven to be a more determined side than ever in their effort to make history.

According to Oliseh, it would be the greatest error of the decade Nigeria would make, as we face the final play-off phase to the 2014 FIFA world cup in Brazil if they go easy on the match in Addis Ababa.

“Prior to the draws being made out on Monday 16th of September In Cairo, there were nations I dreaded Nigeria playing against, not because we cannot beat them, but because of the delicacies that these nations carry along with them for the Super Eagles. These nations were Ivory Coast(Revenge factor) Ghana and Cameroon (Past history factor) and Last but not least Ethiopia! Many will ask why Fear Ethiopia, are they not minnows in the hierarchy of African Football; did we not beat them at the just concluded AFCON as we rode to the Title?

Oliseh believes Ethiopia’s Head Coach, Sewnet Bishaw is one of the best coaches in Africa (if not the best) based on what he has been able to achieve with this team and the materials available at his disposal. Very thoughtful in his remarks which even when seeming lose have a well thought objective behind every word. For example : “ It is a good draw for both teams and we will be looking forward to playing Nigeria again after meeting them at AFCON 2013. At that time we were just happy to get back into top level competition and were inexperienced but now we have had many more matches at this level so we will give it a good go against Nigeria.”

He therefore warned that Nigeria should expect surprises from the Ethiopians. “The team in my opinion was at the group stages of the AFCON 2013 the best African Team. They were collective, physical, entreprising and one could see in the team that they had so many prepared schemes that they put up on display at all times and had they had a better striker would have qualified to the next round at the detriment of either Nigeria or Burkina Faso, the two teams who eventually got to the finals.

“To get to this stage they eliminated South Africa quite comfortably and did not lose a game on the pitch, the only game they lost was at the board room due to fielding of an ineligible player. Tactically against South Africa they were quite sound and played like they needed to qualify.”

He revealed that, recently the Ethiopian football got a major sponsorship deal of over 1.3 Million US Dollars with Heinekens, MTN also has come on board to sponsor them not to talk of the huge private financial aid they have from the world’s 43rd richest person, Mohammed Hussein Ali Al Amoudi of Ethiopia

“Nigeria has to take them “Red Light” serious! this is the moment where no stone needs to be left unturned. Scouting in detail of the Ethiopian team is paramount, tactics here will be a deciding factor and the early preparation of travelling logistics will be key.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/sports/eagles-wont-easy-ethiopia-oliseh/

1 Like

Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by lexyman(m): 8:40am On Oct 12, 2013
I have been waiting for his comment .... But he has said nothing bad! Come Sunday we will beat Ethiopia even if they have the support of world richest .... The truth is that money don"t play football . Tactical skills and experience will give the Eagle an Edge !

2 Likes

Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by pharmow: 1:50pm On Oct 12, 2013
Any team that get to the final stage of qualifying round is not gonna be easy to beat. But one thing I know is that the Super Eagles is leaving Addis Ababa with nothing less than 3 points
Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by Theben(m): 1:52pm On Oct 12, 2013
The guy is seriously looking for job from the Nigerian football associatiom grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by demmy55(m): 1:52pm On Oct 12, 2013
Sure, super eagles won't have it easy against Ethiopia but they won't have it difficult either.
Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by BabaAlabi: 1:53pm On Oct 12, 2013
Theben: The guy is seriously looking for job from the Nigerian football associatiom grin grin
Backward Nigerian mentality! Always taking constructive criticism as jealousy or bad belle. Why would someone leave a well paying FIFA job for the unstable and corrupt NFF? Please learn to think before writing.

21 Likes

Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by adexsimply(m): 1:53pm On Oct 12, 2013
Nothing is ever easy
Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by tejpot(m): 1:54pm On Oct 12, 2013
This one na easy thing o. Small thing like elephant
Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by alaoeri: 1:57pm On Oct 12, 2013
Make una tell Oliseh make e go sleep say we don hear.
Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by Slickest(m): 1:57pm On Oct 12, 2013
Who said it was going to b easy
Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by Theben(m): 2:01pm On Oct 12, 2013
BabaAlabi:
Backward Nigerian mentality! Always taking constructive criticism as jealousy or bad belle. Why would someone leave a well paying FIFA job for the unstable and corrupt NFF? Please learn to think before writing.
You should concentrate on giving 'Alabi' a good upbringing.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by QMark: 2:01pm On Oct 12, 2013
adexsimply: Nothing is ever easy

Exactly! Waking up at 5:30am to go to work and returning home and 10:30pm is not easy for me too. It is sure far from fun.

It is not even easy sitting before my TV for 2 whole hours to support the team. Either easy or not, victory is the only thing we need from them.

4 Likes

Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by sylve11: 2:01pm On Oct 12, 2013
BabaAlabi:

i tell u. cool
Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 12, 2013
Of course it won't be easy.
Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by Sllowppoisoon: 2:13pm On Oct 12, 2013
'Win win win' no matter wat It takes
Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by Trendy247: 2:14pm On Oct 12, 2013
r
Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 12, 2013
Same way Ethiopia won't have it easy against us. It's not supposed to be easy now!

3 Likes

Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by Trendy247: 2:16pm On Oct 12, 2013
WETIN CONCERN M.I WITH LONG JUMP?

1 Like

Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by Anthony0094(m): 2:20pm On Oct 12, 2013
Says who? Oliseh don dy wish keshi bad luck, i b lyk he wan coach d national team
Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by AkinDavid2: 2:22pm On Oct 12, 2013
Thanks Mr. Oliseh but with God on our side victory is sure.

Really I'm going to avoid heart aches tomorrow.
Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by write2obi(m): 2:38pm On Oct 12, 2013
Charlesedet25:
Former Super Eagles captain, Sunday Oliseh
has warned the coach Stephen Keshi led-
side not to treat the game against Ethiopia
with levity stressing that against the
thinking of many, the East African side has
improved tremendously from the last time
the Super Eagles handed them a 2-0 defeat
at the AFCON 2013.
Oliseh, while x-raying the match, stated
that Ethiopia’s head coach, Sewnet Bishaw
and his boys had proven to be a more
determined side than ever in their effort to
make history.
According to Oliseh, it would be the
greatest error of the decade Nigeria would
make, as we face the final play-off phase to
the 2014 FIFA world cup in Brazil if they go
easy on the match in Addis Ababa.
“Prior to the draws being made out on
Monday 16th of September In Cairo, there
were nations I dreaded Nigeria playing
against, not because we cannot beat them,
but because of the delicacies that these
nations carry along with them for the Super
Eagles. These nations were Ivory Coast
(Revenge factor) Ghana and Cameroon
(Past history factor) and Last but not least
Ethiopia! Many will ask why Fear Ethiopia,
are they not minnows in the hierarchy of
African Football; did we not beat them at
the just concluded AFCON as we rode to
the Title?
Oliseh believes Ethiopia’s Head Coach,
Sewnet Bishaw is one of the best coaches
in Africa (if not the best) based on what he
has been able to achieve with this team and
the materials available at his disposal. Very
thoughtful in his remarks which even when
seeming lose have a well thought objective
behind every word. For example : “ It is a
good draw for both teams and we will be
looking forward to playing Nigeria again
after meeting them at AFCON 2013. At that
time we were just happy to get back into
top level competition and were
inexperienced but now we have had many
more matches at this level so we will give it
a good go against Nigeria.”
He therefore warned that Nigeria should
expect surprises from the Ethiopians. “The
team in my opinion was at the group stages
of the AFCON 2013 the best African Team.
They were collective, physical, entreprising
and one could see in the team that they had
so many prepared schemes that they put up
on display at all times and had they had a
better striker would have qualified to the
next round at the detriment of either Nigeria
or Burkina Faso, the two teams who
eventually got to the finals.
“To get to this stage they eliminated South
Africa quite comfortably and did not lose a
game on the pitch, the only game they lost
was at the board room due to fielding of an
ineligible player. Tactically against South
Africa they were quite sound and played like
they needed to qualify.”
He revealed that, recently the Ethiopian
football got a major sponsorship deal of
over 1.3 Million US Dollars with Heinekens,
MTN also has come on board to sponsor
them not to talk of the huge private
financial aid they have from the world’s
43rd richest person, Mohammed Hussein Ali
Al Amoudi of Ethiopia
“Nigeria has to take them “Red Light”
serious! this is the moment where no stone
needs to be left unturned. Scouting in detail
of the Ethiopian team is paramount, tactics
here will be a deciding factor and the early
preparation of travelling logistics will be
key.”
Ok.
Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by Ninilowo(m): 2:59pm On Oct 12, 2013
Theben: The guy is seriously looking for job from the Nigerian football associatiom grin grin
No. Not at all.....he has said so times without number that he doesnt need NFF job. He is a very good analyst so letz give it to him a beg.
Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by Godwinsilas(m): 3:10pm On Oct 12, 2013
Thank you.
Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 12, 2013
With all due respect to Oliseh and the Ethiopian coach, the only debutants I see in Brazil are Burkina Faso

We will beat Ethiopia in Adis Ababa and the second match will be a party.

I have watched this super eagles set up and I am confident in their ability to do the job. We shall overcome and the Eagles shall surely trample on the Walya Antelops!
Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by Reski2500(m): 3:22pm On Oct 12, 2013
See o! I rememba wen someone posted here dat ethopia will be so eazy dat our players dont need 2 play. Dat our enyimba shd play dem in addis ababa and dat our home based eagles shd play dem here. Now see transition, we don dey fear ethopia. But i believe say...

We go win!
Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by Desdola(m): 3:39pm On Oct 12, 2013
The match is Nigeria's to lose. they shouldn't forget d mesmerizing skills of victor Moses. we shall see!!!
Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by emiye(m): 3:44pm On Oct 12, 2013
BabaAlabi:

That was not even criticism, but admonition
Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by AGBORMAN1(m): 3:47pm On Oct 12, 2013
Nothing in life is easy....
Even to Fu*CK & Satisfy my wife until she C-u-m, is not easy. LOL
Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by AGBORMAN1(m): 3:47pm On Oct 12, 2013
Nothing in life is easy....
Even to Fu*CK & Satisfy my wife until she Cumm, is not easy. LOL
Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by IYANGBALI: 3:53pm On Oct 12, 2013
Abeg where is ethiopia?is it part of iraq or pakistan?
Re: Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia by AGBORMAN1(m): 4:00pm On Oct 12, 2013
IYA NGBALI: Abeg where is ethiopia?is it part of iraq or pakistan?

Ask Google

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Footballer Yussuf Ayila Is Facing A Prison Sentence For Defying A Court / 2021 AFCON May Be Cancelled Over COVID Omicron Variant / Derby County Excuses Lampard From Training For Him To Speak With Chelsea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.