Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:54 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (604462 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by luckyDon1: 2:37pm On Oct 12, 2013
earthgreeners:

For Grad admission into university of Saskatchewan, u need to submit

1) Two Official transcripts
2) 2 Recommendations
3) Statement of Research interest or letter of intent
4) Application fees ($75)
5) Degree Certificate

For detailed info please visit www.usask.ca
I sent u a PM sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by sampitts(m): 2:46pm On Oct 12, 2013
earthgreeners:

At this point, I presume you have booked your flight and getting set to fly .... Bros plz buy most of the things you need in Nigeria...Cloths, footwear (including boots, all star, palm, snickers, shoe), mobile phone (please don't do contract) and food stuffs wey go last u till u get used to the system here.
yes I've booked for Dec. I was thinking of buying cloths and boot over there so i can knw the more approriate ones for winter.. Do you think they are relatively expensive there?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by sampitts(m): 2:46pm On Oct 12, 2013
earthgreeners:

At this point, I presume you have booked your flight and getting set to fly .... Bros plz buy most of the things you need in Nigeria...Cloths, footwear (including boots, all star, palm, snickers, shoe), mobile phone (please don't do contract) and food stuffs wey go last u till u get used to the system here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by clusterphobia: 2:51pm On Oct 12, 2013
http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201309201216.html/?maneref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fsearch%3Fclient%3Dms-rim%26hl%3Den%26q%3Dfederal%2520government%2520and%2520new%2520yellow%2520card%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26channel%3Dbrowser

For the yellow card check this link.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by sampitts(m): 2:56pm On Oct 12, 2013
clusterphobia: http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201309201216.html/?maneref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fsearch%3Fclient%3Dms-rim%26hl%3Den%26q%3Dfederal%2520government%2520and%2520new%2520yellow%2520card%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26channel%3Dbrowser

For the yellow card check this link.
Do we need this card to enter canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 3:01pm On Oct 12, 2013
sampitts: yes I've booked for Dec. I was thinking of buying cloths and boot over there so i can knw the more approriate ones for winter.. Do you think they are relatively expensive there?

a boot with high heels will do..,.. buy super thick winter jacket in naija... so u wld just need to buy 1 or 2 when u get there

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by adim02: 3:16pm On Oct 12, 2013
Thank you MR Mordirator part 5.May applicant for winter yet to be called 4 medical recieve mail from CIC in jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 3:18pm On Oct 12, 2013
earthgreeners:

a boot with high heels will do..,.. buy super thick winter jacket in naija... so u wld just need to buy 1 or 2 when u get there
...Easy on the high heels ooo.... grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by newacca: 3:35pm On Oct 12, 2013
Wow! So we are here again. smiley May this new thread5 ushers in more success stories.ciao!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kjbobo: 3:53pm On Oct 12, 2013
earthgreeners:

Let the guy get jackets and snow boots here now....the quality and ability to withstand the cold kind will be easier to get here.
I just got my jackets on gap online and snow boots from Aldo.
If you get updates....these guys do a lot of online sales.
My jacket sells for $200 in gap shop,$160 online and I got it $90 on sale.....But I will advise he buys his shirts and tops in naija too

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by clusterphobia: 4:02pm On Oct 12, 2013
You need yellow card to travel to some places outside Nigeria. Seems Canada doesn't have this requirement. Can someone confirm this please!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kittysunshine: 4:06pm On Oct 12, 2013
Am sure there will be plenty news of trv from next week by God's grace as several people received calls from CDHC today. Can somebody say Amen?

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kittysunshine: 4:23pm On Oct 12, 2013
@Chrigo I hail o. U no respond to my whatsapp abi? If I catch u...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2013
....Mehn!! This thread moves fast ni sha grin....was offline for few hours and saw it speed up....hmm!! Earthgreeners blood still dey hot ni sha....tot canny na cold region...why the dude blood never cold sef?.....@rilly2000 sori for late response....so happy my ogas don respond....i hope this kinda gesture continues till the end of part 5.....lol...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 4:29pm On Oct 12, 2013
kjbobo:
Let the guy get jackets and snow boots here now....the quality and ability to withstand the cold kind will be easier to get here.
I just got my jackets on gap online and snow boots from Aldo.
If you get updates....these guys do a lot of online sales.
My jacket sells for $200 in gap shop,$160 online and I got it $90 on sale.....But I will advise he buys his shirts and tops in naija too

all these things u listed are also available in Nigeria at very very cheap rate, akube and brand new (even as low as $5-$20 naija equivalent)...na why i tell am to buy super thick...and when he buy am come see say he no go withstand the cold, he fit buy anoda one... e no go waste.... u see the difference?.... the man cld save $100 if he gat lucky on the purchase
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 4:30pm On Oct 12, 2013
kitty_sunshine: @Chrigo I hail o. U no respond to my whatsapp abi? If I catch u...
....Kitty_sunshine my blood...no vex biko....my resources went offline....now am back on....will respond now....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2013
ChriGo: ....Mehn!! This thread moves fast ni sha grin....was offline for few hours and saw it speed up....hmm!! Earthgreeners blood still dey hot ni sha....tot canny na cold region...why the dude blood never cold sef?.....@rilly2000 sori for late response....so happy my ogas don respond....i hope this kinda gesture continues till the end of part 5.....lol...

toooorr..yesterdays weather na 16, and today na just 9... we dey brace up for the -36 for winter...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 4:45pm On Oct 12, 2013
earthgreeners:

toooorr..yesterdays weather na 16, and today na just 9... we dey brace up for the -36 for winter...
....Jesus...(-36c)....so this na for real....na wa ooo...still thinking of the most effective way to kill cold....tank God oga siga dey ontario....he has prepared a mansion full of softwares for chrigo grin....i dont even need jacket ....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by sampitts(m): 4:46pm On Oct 12, 2013
@earthgreeners, oga siga and kjbobo.. Thanks for your contributions. I sure will buy a super thick jacket here cos i'll need it as soon as i got off the plane... Planning to take a bus from Toronto to Kingston at the rate of $61.
Meanwhile, e be like say someone been say those fancy cloths we dey wear here no go get use for that side ooo. Abi which kind cloth i fit buy apart from the 'cold shields'.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by hayek: 4:53pm On Oct 12, 2013
Hello Forumites: I gained a lot from this forum last time when applying for my Study permit which I was eventually granted. I am coming back to the same forum again to explore if any other members here can offer useful advice. I am currently doing graduate program here in BC. However, I would like to bring in my family( my wife and kid) here next year for Easter. I am trying to figure out what exactly I would need to or what documentation they would need to send along with their application and at the same time assess their success rate. Both of them have travelled to the US before. Anyone with useful suggestions should please offer it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by clusterphobia: 5:00pm On Oct 12, 2013
Can someone who is in Canada pls pls plsssssssss answer this Yellow card question!!
Did you need/present your yellow card?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by hayek: 5:08pm On Oct 12, 2013
Yellow Card is not a requirement to enter Canada for a student even for a visitor. It only applies to countries in Africa, Asia and some countries in Latin American countries.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by clusterphobia: 5:13pm On Oct 12, 2013
Phew!!
Thanks smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 12, 2013
Signed in for two. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 12, 2013
ChriGo: ....We open this thread in the name of the father, the son , the holy spirit....Thousands of goodnews shall spring forth from this part 5...God will favour us all....I pray....God bless u Justwise.....

Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 12, 2013
earthgreeners:

Sorry please.. What Yellow card? it used to be rectangular, them wan change am to circle?.. and is FG the name of the referee for the Ethiopia vs Nigeria match?

Lmao. Funny you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Emblem(m): 5:36pm On Oct 12, 2013
earthgreeners: Oh Lord...I made it to part 5.....From 2-5...... Dancing SKELEWU on TransCanada HWY...lol

Thats one thing i like about Earthgreeners..........despite d fact say u don reach canada, u r still wit us......so many ppl got to canny and forgot about NLand.........Hope to see u soon brother.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 6:03pm On Oct 12, 2013
sampitts: @earthgreeners, oga siga and kjbobo.. Thanks for your contributions. I sure will buy a super thick jacket here cos i'll need it as soon as i got off the plane... Planning to take a bus from Toronto to Kingston at the rate of $61.
Meanwhile, e be like say someone been say those fancy cloths we dey wear here no go get use for that side ooo. Abi which kind cloth i fit buy apart from the 'cold shields'.
... Bro... buy and bring whatever shirt u want and like... there is always time and season to wear them...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by sampitts(m): 6:10pm On Oct 12, 2013
Siga: ... Bro... buy and bring whatever shirt u want and like... there is always time and season to wear them...
Thanks sir.. Well accepted
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 7:19pm On Oct 12, 2013
.....anyone here planning to go to the embassy on monday?....please re-route ur plans and go on tuesday......damn!! F*ck up niyen sha....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 12, 2013
ChriGo: .....anyone here planning to go to the embassy on monday?....please re-route ur plans and go on tuesday......damn!! F*ck up niyen sha....

Wetin happen?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 7:47pm On Oct 12, 2013
hayek: Hello Forumites: I gained a lot from this forum last time when applying for my Study permit which I was eventually granted. I am coming back to the same forum again to explore if any other members here can offer useful advice. I am currently doing graduate program here in BC. However, I would like to bring in my family( my wife and kid) here next year for Easter. I am trying to figure out what exactly I would need to or what documentation they would need to send along with their application and at the same time assess their success rate. Both of them have travelled to the US before. Anyone with useful suggestions should please offer it.

nice to have u here again sir,

I think the financial requirements are the same with what you submitted during your study permit application..u need to show sufficient funds to take care of your wife $4000 and the kids $3000 each..... fill out the application for a temporary resident (she wld be issued a work permit/ TRV) and family info form

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.