Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (608527 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kayconsult(m): 11:30pm On Oct 13, 2013
kclexa:

Congratulation, I tap into your good news.
May I ask where you did your medicals because am yet to see any body who did medicals at Consultant practice in Sept, getting his or her trv.

Make we know how to channel our combine prayers. grin
@ champion2013, congrats
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by clusterphobia: 12:12am On Oct 14, 2013
Champion, Mail me on imoukhuede@hotmail.com
We can share pins there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by austinemar: 12:52am On Oct 14, 2013
Hello all... Av been followin dis thread for somtym now although from d syds. Its been very inspiring. Am sorry if am derailin dis thread but pls guys I seriously need ur inputs into diz...

I finished frm a prestigeous federal uni in mec engineerin wif a cgpa of 3.16 and I wish 2 further my edu in canada. If dat grade can't provide me an msc admission, I wouldn't mind a pgd program. But I would like to be briefed wif a break down of the followin..

1. Do I hav a chance to do msc in mec eng? If not, wot skul can anyone suggest for pgd wif low tuition
2.Wot is the total amount I shuld have in my account if personally funded?
3.Must I have d exact amount dat will cater 4 everyfin or can I pay instalmentally?

Tanx all as I await ur response
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Shadams(m): 2:40am On Oct 14, 2013
Siga: ...Had a solid prayer for all applicants at church today... from fresh to Medical hopefuls, to Visa and to all those who have landed and in school.... Well...the Good Lord that made you guys decide to pick Canada as your destination is not a liar... He has gone before everyone to perfect ur ways... Nothing happens without God's anticipation... so.. no shaking... Enough good news this week... #BelieveinGod

@Oga Siga. Thanks o. Dem say na thanksgiving weekend; so make I thank you for the prayers na, and den reach out to all applicants to remain hopeful and thank God for the sure mercies ahead. God no dey sleep. If you are coming towards Usask, u could PM me if there is a need for info or related things. There are other NL forumites here sha, and they may also be glad to give useful info too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Shadams(m): 2:48am On Oct 14, 2013
austinemar: Hello all... Av been followin dis thread for somtym now although from d syds. Its been very inspiring. Am sorry if am derailin dis thread but pls guys I seriously need ur inputs into diz...

I finished frm a prestigeous federal uni in mec engineerin wif a cgpa of 3.16 and I wish 2 further my edu in canada. If dat grade can't provide me an msc admission, I wouldn't mind a pgd program. But I would like to be briefed wif a break down of the followin..

1. Do I hav a chance to do msc in mec eng? If not, wot skul can anyone suggest for pgd wif low tuition
2.Wot is the total amount I shuld have in my account if personally funded?
3.Must I have d exact amount dat will cater 4 everyfin or can I pay instalmentally?

Tanx all as I await ur response

Hello boss,

It is always good to start somewhere and folks could meet you halfway. You may want to Google schools in Canada, understand the programs some of them offer, and even contact them. A number will respond, depending on the wording of your email. I know 2:1 gives your application a lot of leverage, but a 2:2 is not totally irrelevant. A lot depends on the strength of other documents (references, statement of intent, and even your transcript). The point is you can get information as regards these issues on institutions' website too.

Chei, the last question pass me o..., but I suspect say at the embassy level, installment payment na voicemail o. Let others give you more info on that. Good luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nuendo: 4:37am On Oct 14, 2013
MY good people of the house. Good to see much progress here. I hail the entire crew on board here all the way from Calgary. For the new comers, I was an active member of this forum. Believe me, You have no idea of the wealth of information available here. If you have followed this thread from minimum of one part ago, it would be less likely that you would go wrong. I am a living testimony. Also great to see the Veterans are still powering the house. To be honest with you , I thought I would be able to do same once i arrived here but the first one month in school has been the most intense of my life. Please my advice to all those coming to school here is to be prepared because it is totally a different ball game to that which we have been used to in Nigeria. Also make sure you make accommodation reservations before you land so that once you are on ground, you pay at worst one day hotel bills and move to check out /pay for your new place the same day. Also avoid the pressure of buying clothes form naija to bring here. THEY WOULD BE INEFFECTIVE HERE. Do your shopping here. The only thing effective would be your jeans. Please buys as much if you can. All those your TM shirts and plain trousers would be irrelevant for 7 months here.Also as much as possible, utilize this forum to identify those who are travelling in your direction. Working as a group when you come would save you loads of money, time and would make things easier for you. ALSO MAKE SURE YOU CARRY A TRAVEL CHARGER . Your phones are most likely to be dead once you arrive and trust me, you don not want to be out of contact when you get here. FINALLY, DO WHAT YOU CAN TO GET A WORKING MASTERCARD THERE IN NAIJA BEFORE YOU COME AND STUFF IT UP WITH SOME MONEY. This should make things easier for you as you before you set up one here. Save the money and do better things with it. Its been great though, Canada is a lovely place with very nice people and peaceful environment. Baba God would keep on taking care of his children. I hope CDHC are treating you guys well. I hail my guy CHRIGO and Oga SIGA, Please is Earthgreeners still in naija?? I never get time look since part4 (page 342) and I am doing so now only because we are on mid semester break. My regards to all........
May God grant all your heart desires.
#Safe

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Onyeoma3: 6:48am On Oct 14, 2013
NUENDO Nice one and an epsitle as usual....I believe you're doing well over there...tk good care and remain kul

In Chrigo's voice, I know say anytime Nuendo comes online,na very useful long epistle

though its a pity he's on a short break and now an observer, he'll soon be back...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by teexzle: 7:12am On Oct 14, 2013
Onye oma: NUENDO Nice one and an epsitle as usual....I believe you're doing well over there...tk good care and remain kul

In Chrigo's voice, I know say anytime Nuendo comes online,na very useful long epistle

though its a pity he's on a short break and now an observer, he'll soon be back...

Nice of u Onye..ve always known u were a caring friend to chrigo smiley..@nuendo continue to have a jolly stay in canada..God Bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 7:45am On Oct 14, 2013
Champion2013:

@kclexa I did my medicals at Consultant practice and I went to the embassy 5 weeks after to make an enquiry on the status of my application.guess wat happened?
I got to the embassy very early as it was a Friday morning,they didn't attend to anybody until it was 11am then I got a call from them asking me for my start date. I told them jan 6 but I am suppose to be in Canada by dec 29th so I can meet up wit orientation.The lady told me she will get back to me , after an hour the security guard called my name. I got inside and my TRV was waiting on the table... My TRV was issued same day. Just so you know, I submitted my passport back 4 days after I did my medicals at the consultant practice.
All the best ...

Thanks for the info. Finally there is hope for CP medic guys.

From this info, it is becoming obvious that one need to visit the embassy if your trv does not surface after 5 weeks of undergoing medical
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Canadidacy(m): 8:06am On Oct 14, 2013
[quote author=Sleem-B]Hello all,
I need guidance and advice on my second visa application against Sept 2014.
I got admission to MUN for engr'ng management earlier this year(for Sept 2013) and I got an agent for the visa application.though my school fees was 22k CAD,i had a closing balance of over 6m though about 3million left some weeks after,I was denied based on SPONSORSHIP NOT CREDIBLE.
A friend that works with an oil firm wanted to co-sponsor then but my agent said...

* Guy, na who get the bank account wey u used?
*Did u infom d owner that u want to use his account for such purpose?
*Who says you cant have a co-sponsor?
**ur letter of explanation/ sop matters mehhhn.[/color][color=#006600]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by newacca: 8:14am On Oct 14, 2013
Siga: ...Had a solid prayer for all applicants at church today... from fresh to Medical hopefuls, to Visa and to all those who have landed and in school.... Well...the Good Lord that made you guys decide to pick Canada as your destination is not a liar... He has gone before everyone to perfect ur ways... Nothing happens without God's anticipation... so.. no shaking... Enough good news this week... #BelieveinGod
Boss! You are a leader. Please remember the whole 9ja in your prayers too. Thanks for praying for all of us. I say Grazie!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by newacca: 8:20am On Oct 14, 2013
Swiz doe: I throway salute 4 everybody wey dey here....... Na university of winnipeg or humber college dey on my mind....... 2014 fall ( September)........... Plz any student 4 uniwinnipeg or humber........ Plz help ur boi abeg
Humber all the way. Jan. or May '14
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Huzzie: 8:31am On Oct 14, 2013
[b]LIST OF MEDICAL HOPEFULS (WINTER - JANUARY2014)

1. Olabo_key JUNE 21 Paper route
2. Rilly2000 JULY 8 Paper route
3. Tobst JULY 12 Paper route
4. Huzzie JULY 16 Paper route
5. Onye oma JULY 17 Paper route
6. Chidiadi50 JULY 19 Paper route
7. Tkay11 JULY 29 Paper route
8. Chrigo JULY 30 Paper route
9. Rolatims JULY 30 Paper route
10. Papa km JULY 31 Paper route
11. IJESA83 AUGUST 13 Paper route
12. Adim02 AUGUST 19 Paper route
13. Ahmedonia4real AUGUST 19 Paper route
14. Habie AUGUST 21 Paper route
15. Tolyem AUGUST 23 Paper route
16. Miss bon AUGUST 25 Paper route
17. Sleek5 AUGUST 27 Paper route
18. Humanshado AUGUST 31 Online route
19. Clow SEPTEMBER 3 Paper route
20. Mike SEPTEMBER 6 Online route TRV GOTTEN
21. Greatheights SEPTEMBER 8 online route
22. Equilibrium SEPTEMBER 9 Paper route
23. Kunsoft SEPTEMBER 18 Online route
24. Xtus SEPTEMBER 24 Online route
25. Nicemax OCTOBER 1 Online route
26. Anabor OCTOBER 2 Online route
27. Glan OCTOBER 2 Online route
28. Abellybaba OCTOBER 7 Online route

N.B- If you have gotten your admission for winter and have applied for TRV. Please provide the following information
*submission date
**Mode of submission: online/paper

Cheers
[/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ahmedonia4real(m): 8:36am On Oct 14, 2013
Champion2013: Sponsor: MUM (self employed) 
Paid all fees which includes tuition and accommodation before submission. 
Paper route via VFS 

Bank staments: 
Key stone bank 5mil (corporate acct)
Sterling bank 8mil (corporate acct)
Sterling bank 600k (corporate acct) 
Fixed deposit 10mil (for education)
FCMB Dollar acct with cash flow of about 600kdollars balance 300dollars. (The dollar account is used to Close business deals with partners abroad)

Other documents 

Transcript 
Statement of result 
WAEC result 
Letter of intent to study in Canada 
Letter of sponsorship 
Letter of introduction from sponsor
University certificate 
Admission letter (original and photocopy) 
Birth certificate 
A list of all the documents submitted 
Family picture
Police clearance certificate 
International passport 
Forms (application outside Canada, family information, study permit questionnaire )
Bank draft payable to deputy high commission of Canada N19,500
Nysc call up letter and Id card ( was still serving when I applied batch c 2012)
Parent's marriage certificate 
Notarized affidavit of sponsorship 
Sponsor's tax clearance card 
Photocopy of sponsor's data page and previous travels 
Photocopy of siblings data pages
Parents letter of consent 
Sponsor' s bank statements and refrences from all banks 
Sponsor's business registration certificates 
Sponsor's fixed deposit for education in Canada(10m)
Landed property worth 300mil 
Business asset worth 115mil 

Congrat man.....I tap into your success and my own testimony too shall manifest IJN

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tebenezer: 8:52am On Oct 14, 2013
Hello good people,Kindly advice me on this issue.I had just paid my tuition which the cdhs instructed me too inline with my medical.What was send to my school email was like a teller which i had already printed out.Please,Is this accepted by the VOs as it was highlighted that only original receipt of tuition will be accepted.I was also instructed to return these docs on or before 18th of October.Kindly advice me on what to do....Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 10:23am On Oct 14, 2013
tebenezer: Hello good people,Kindly advice me on this issue.I had just paid my tuition which the cdhs instructed me too inline with my medical.What was send to my school email was like a teller which i had already printed out.Please,Is this accepted by the VOs as it was highlighted that only original receipt of tuition will be accepted.I was also instructed to return these docs on or before 18th of October.Kindly advice me on what to do....Thanks

Please what do you mean by teller? Are you referring to bank telex or black and white recipt draft from the school?

If you're referring to bank telex; wait and give the school a call by 12 noon canadian time and comfirm that the payment has gotten to them. Then plead with the school to email you a scanned copy of the original receipt because you don't have enough time for speedpost (today is Thanksgiving holiday) ) considering 18th is your deadline.

Send the bank telex together with the school receipt to cdhc.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Ogbeozioma: 10:41am On Oct 14, 2013
Hello Nairalanders, I am thinking of going to memorial university newfoundland for masters. I need advice about how much I need to have to be able to survive for at least a year. The live expenses+ tuition for a year in newfoundland is about $19k. I Want to know, if i leave naija with about $25k would I be able to work and meet up with the expense for next year?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by papakm(m): 11:00am On Oct 14, 2013
embarassedMe too cry cry
miss bon: i miss chrigo oo cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tebenezer: 11:00am On Oct 14, 2013
Exactly,I mean a black n white recipe draft from the school.I also send a message to my spons n he said with what i have,I am good to go.....He insists that i shld send the draft from the school n when the receipt from the school arrives,then i can add it.Though,i have already emailed the school,hoping for a feed-back soonest but i will be heading to embassy tomoa anyway.Thanks boss!!

kclexa:

Please what do you mean by teller? Are you referring to bank telex or black and white recipt draft from the school?

If you're referring to bank telex; wait and give the school a call by 12 noon canadian time and comfirm that the payment has gotten to them. Then plead with the school to email you a scanned copy of the original receipt because you don't have enough time for speedpost (today is Thanksgiving holiday) ) considering 18th is your deadline.

Send the bank telex together with the school receipt to cdhc.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 11:31am On Oct 14, 2013
tebenezer: Exactly,I mean a black n white recipe draft from the school.I also send a message to my spons n he said with what i have,I am good to go.....He insists that i shld send the draft from the school n when the receipt from the school arrives,then i can add it.Though,i have already emailed the school,hoping for a feed-back soonest but i will be heading to embassy tomoa anyway.Thanks boss!!

Welcome bro, yes you are good to go. If the embassy needs a coloured copy they will inform but in must cases they contact the school to verify the receipt.
You can attach a copy of the email from school and your own personal letter explaining that it is the copy you received from the school.

Please use a quality printout.
Goodluck am waiting for your trv news soonest.
Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by adim02: 11:34am On Oct 14, 2013
Swiz doe: I throway salute 4 everybody wey dey here....... Na university of winnipeg or humber college dey on my mind....... 2014 fall ( September)........... Plz any student 4 uniwinnipeg or humber........ Plz help ur boi abeg
.BROS JUST CONTACT EARTHGREENER HE IS IN WINNIPEG,HE CAN GIVE YOU ADEQUATE INFORMATION THAT WILL HELP YOU TO SECURE ADMISSION.CHEER

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Emblem(m): 1:26pm On Oct 14, 2013
earthgreeners:

Gat the motivation from Siga, Fhemmy, bumdish, ifegy and kjbobo....... Chrigogogog

lol. All join.........Oga Siga is another amazing brother.......Thumbs up.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Emblem(m): 1:28pm On Oct 14, 2013
tonyrero: This one wey CDHC dey request person to pay for one session when d sch actually wants one to pay just for a Semester, na wah oooo, moni nor too dey like dat oooo. Hmmm lipsrsealed God help us oooo

Bro, which sch is asking u to pay for one semester?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by jan2013: 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2013
Hello House. am new here pls. Am having little challenge in making my study application payment online. i have upload all the required document. when i proceed to the payment section, after filling my stanbicbank master card detail, the response was "transaction not approved-transaction refuse" Please do anyone here have similar experience and how was such challenge resolved? I will appreciate your contribution pls. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 14, 2013
kclexa: You must understand that being 17 now means he would be 18 (adult) next year when they plan on sending him over.

He's actually turning 17 later this month but there are people over there in Canada who'll take care of him.
The issue now is transcript. How do we send all the way to Canada. DHL? Around what will this cost?

Thank you very much.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by sampitts(m): 2:28pm On Oct 14, 2013
Naijaphil:

He's actually turning 17 later this month but there are people over there in Canada who'll take care of him.
The issue now is transcript. How do we send all the way to Canada. DHL? Around what will this cost?

Thank you very much.
The transcript is an official one so it should be sent from the school. You just need to pay for the transcript fee and supply the school with the adress details... You might need to follow it up and make sure they send it early enough as some schools can realy delay
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by jan2013: 2:29pm On Oct 14, 2013
jan2013: Hello House. am new here pls. Am having little challenge in making my study application payment online. i have upload all the required document. when i proceed to the payment section, after filling my stanbicbank master card detail, the response was "transaction not approved-transaction refuse" Please do anyone here have similar experience and how was such challenge resolved? I will appreciate your contribution pls. Thanks
@ HOUSE, I NEED HELP ON WAY OUT OF THIS CHALLENGE PLEASE!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by sampitts(m): 2:33pm On Oct 14, 2013
jan2013:
@ HOUSE, I NEED HELP ON WAY OUT OF THIS CHALLENGE PLEASE!
tell your bank to activate your card for online transactions, it might not have been activated
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by hayek: 2:50pm On Oct 14, 2013
Hello Forumites: I gained a lot from this forum last time when applying for my Study permit which I was eventually granted. I am coming back to the same forum again to explore if any other members here can offer useful advice. I am currently doing graduate program here in BC. However, I would like to bring in my family( my wife and kid) here next year for Easter. I am trying to figure out what exactly I would need to or what documentation they would need to send along with their application and at the same time assess their success rate. Both of them have traveled to the US before. She has close to N2m in her account and I am still on the payroll of my employer till now but unfortunately she wont be able to get my account statement. Anyone with useful suggestions should please offer it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by adim02: 3:04pm On Oct 14, 2013
jan2013: Hello House. am new here pls. Am having little challenge in making my study application payment online. i have upload all the required document. when i proceed to the payment section, after filling my stanbicbank master card detail, the response was "transaction not approved-transaction refuse" Please do anyone here have similar experience and how was such challenge resolved? I will appreciate your contribution pls. Thanks
BROS WE DON TALK THIS MATTER MANY TIMES.SOLUTION

BROS HOUSE DON TALK THIS MATTER MANY TIMES,THE WAY FORWARD IS FOR YOU TO ASK YOUR BANK TO ACTIVATE YOUR MASTER CARD,THEN YOU CAN MAKE USE OF IT.WELL I PREFER FIRST BANK MASTER CARD TOO GOOD.YOU MAY LOOK FOR FRIENDS THAT HAS MASTER CARD FIRST BANK OR GUARANTEE TRUST BANK THEY ARE THE ONLY TWO BANKS I KNOW THAT IS GOOD FOR ONLINE PAYMENT.CHEER GOOD LUCK.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by HoraCanada(m): 3:55pm On Oct 14, 2013
Just came on board now

Kudos to ALL of YOU guys nd ladies for showing great concerns and being humble

SUCCESS is YOURS

Siga, earthgreeners, Fhemmy, Chrigo et al
una too much

May God Bless you abundantly
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kayconsult(m): 4:00pm On Oct 14, 2013
hayek: Hello Forumites: I gained a lot from this forum last time when applying for my Study permit which I was eventually granted. I am coming back to the same forum again to explore if any other members here can offer useful advice. I am currently doing graduate program here in BC. However, I would like to bring in my family( my wife and kid) here next year for Easter. I am trying to figure out what exactly I would need to or what documentation they would need to send along with their application and at the same time assess their success rate. Both of them have traveled to the US before. She has close to N2m in her account and I am still on the payroll of my employer till now but unfortunately she wont be able to get my account statement. Anyone with useful suggestions should please offer it.
@ hayek. I understand ur missing ur wife and kid, but my advise is since ur still a student and ur wife can't use her 2 million naira acct,y not wait till after your program, try and get a job, then u can easyly get a parmanent residence which will enable both ur wife and kid to come and visit. Or wait till ur doing ur convocation, u can then send both of them an invitation letter for your convocation through ur schl which will be a great option too.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.