Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,779 members, 7,806,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

My Mother Wants To Take My Son... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother Wants To Take My Son... (1640 Views)

Check Out My Son @1 / 13 Things Your Mother Wants You To Learn From Her. / Picture Of My Son Preparing For School For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mother Wants To Take My Son... by drnoel: 10:16pm On Oct 12, 2013
Hello guys, i had a heart felt discussion with a married good friend of mine whose husband is always on the move and rarely around. She is a working mother who recent gave birth some months back but her mother is driving her crazy. Well I didn't know what to advice her so I decided to throw the question at you guys.

She tells me" my mom is driving me crazy!!! The way she acts i swear she wants 2 be my son's mother. My mom helps me look after my son when i have to work, but it's not enough for her. She grumbles and complains when i get home cos she then has to go back to her house. I even spoke to my husband and we made room for her at our place but its still not enof. She does not like when my husband and i are around cos then she wont be able to be near our son, as if she likes to be at the centre some of our son's life or sumthin anyways i didnt allow it so when we are home i send her to her house grumbling, but then one day she came again to look after him, she wont let me have anything 2 do with my son and if my son starts crying wanting me she says no and takes him away. I'm worried 2 say or do anything around her cause it like walkin on egg shells if u don't do what she wants it's a big fight. She also acts like she is the only grandparent. Have tried talking with her but she refuses to listen talk less change. OH and enen when she does watch my son she doesnt even take care of him well. I wish i could just not be involverd with her but she's my mom besides I don't want to insult her. She was once watching my son while I returned home from walk and she referred to me as "aunty is back", I was shocked that she said that to my son even though he was too young to understand. How do i make her realize she is the grandparent not the mother?

Pls anyone who can advice this lady should please feel free to do so.
Re: My Mother Wants To Take My Son... by jumzzy448: 10:27pm On Oct 12, 2013
Hunnn.. Dis is serious. My advice is let her get her child a nanny or take the child to a daycare, with that she can ask her mummy to go back to her house and can only come visiting once in a while. Hope it helps.
Re: My Mother Wants To Take My Son... by Illuminatus(m): 10:51pm On Oct 12, 2013
The mother should go. All her duties as a make shift mother should cease as soon as possible. There was this movie, The Hand That Rocks The Cradle. When the woman and her husband leaves, this woman (who's their nanny) would brain wash their children and even breast feed the new baby. My point is, this woman is getting to dependent on her mother and soon, the baby will start seeing her as the mother and his real mother as the nanny.
So she should get a nanny. What kind of work does she do? She might take the baby to work? Or register it into a credible daycare center.
Re: My Mother Wants To Take My Son... by kreamidiva(f): 5:51am On Oct 13, 2013
See me see wahala o! Which kain movie be this

Oya mama,bia lawa na be gi osiso (oma mama,start going home quickly)!

Which one is "aunty is back" again That one scared me o. I think the old woman is up to something sinister. Register your child in a day care and let mama leave at once.
Re: My Mother Wants To Take My Son... by mysticgal(f): 6:01am On Oct 13, 2013
wakie wakie,i think mama should go,she has trained you and you now have your home,so this time is villa things on point.
Re: My Mother Wants To Take My Son... by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 13, 2013
Why don't you and your husband work out more time to spend with YOUR CHILD? undecided
Re: My Mother Wants To Take My Son... by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 13, 2013
Re: My Mother Wants To Take My Son... by Tinkybabe(f): 9:14am On Oct 13, 2013
Haba CC,your dismissal of this story as a fiction is quite surprising cause these things do happen.BTW her mum says "aunty is back" to her child not the other way round and the baby is yet to speak in fact.

You have to relieve your mum of that position and find an alternative.Be tactful about it since you said you do not want to hurt her.
Though I would say she's overstepping her bounds and that shouldn't be condoned.

Quick question op,is your friend an only child?if not,does she have male siblings and is her baby a boy and the first granchild?
I would expect this action from a mother-inlaw than a mother ,but well..
Re: My Mother Wants To Take My Son... by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 13, 2013
Re: My Mother Wants To Take My Son... by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 13, 2013
Why is she worried? If na me, I go just leave all the work for her grin

Only to play with the baby when s/he is well taken care, ie bathing, feeding, cleaning.

Just like celebrities.
Re: My Mother Wants To Take My Son... by drnoel: 11:50am On Oct 13, 2013
chaircover:

A made up story!

Anyway a child who is old enough to say "aunty is back", should be in a nursery and not at home being looked after by grandma
If u read the write-up well u will understand the grandmother said that to the baby as the baby's mom walked in from work and not the baby talking. The baby is still less than a year and I saw him and his mom some days back. I know there are many made up stories on NL and in many social medias but please if you don't have advice to give just walk away without leaving ur f%×÷$ comments. Some people do have better thing to do that construct an abitary story just to seek relevance or attention, believe me, am not one of such. I still am yet to advice the lady but I think I will speak to her and her husband but tgen am still unsure about how to advice.
Re: My Mother Wants To Take My Son... by drnoel: 11:55am On Oct 13, 2013
Tinkybabe: Haba CC,your dismissal of this story as a fiction is quite surprising cause these things do happen.BTW her mum says "aunty is back" to her child not the other way round and the baby is yet to speak in fact.

You have to relieve your mum of that position and find an alternative.Be tactful about it since you said you do not want to hurt her.
Though I would say she's overstepping her bounds and that shouldn't be condoned.

Quick question op,is your friend an only child?if not,does she have male siblings and is her baby a boy and the first granchild?
I would expect this action from a mother-inlaw than a mother ,but well..
My sister u hit the nail on the head on all counts. The lady is the second of 3 girls. First among her sisters to wed. First grandchild for her mother. Her mother kept looking 4 a boy but never got the chance b4 her mother lost her womb 2 fibroid and had 2 give up.
Re: My Mother Wants To Take My Son... by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 13, 2013
Re: My Mother Wants To Take My Son... by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 13, 2013
Re: My Mother Wants To Take My Son... by drnoel: 10:46pm On Oct 13, 2013
chaircover:

You wrote that long Opening post, but forgot to include this very crucial piece of information until someone asked for it yet you are offended that someone didnt just believe the story the way it was told.

**unfollows thread**
No vex, its just NL rubbing me the wrong side. Had already posted my reply b4 I saw ur other post, apologies...
Re: My Mother Wants To Take My Son... by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 14, 2013
Re: My Mother Wants To Take My Son... by drnoel: 10:38am On Oct 17, 2013
chaircover:

No worries . . we are good
Appreciate

(1) (Reply)

Relationship And Marriage Bloggers!! Let's Share Ideas And Links. / Why Are Fathers More Affectionate To Their Daughters And Mothers To Their Sons? / Thank You Nairaland Family Members......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.