Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,503 members, 7,808,853 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch (49233 Views)

A Nairalanders Expricence From Lagos To Kano On Train In Clips / Obudu Cattle Ranch, Calabar-picture Gallery / Informations About Obudu Cattle Ranch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 15, 2013
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Swiftboy(m): 9:18am On Oct 15, 2013
;†ђε let's go see some cattles! ​I never see cattle before!
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by beey2(m): 9:47am On Oct 15, 2013
@ ijags pls let's address d issue of basic amenities for our people living in those places. Schools, Hospitals, good roads, water among many others are what those people deserve and not just a gigantic project which is just meant for the few rich n wealthy @ Calabar.
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 15, 2013
Its a very nice Place to be i remember my NYSC days
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by talk2pete06(m): 10:20am On Oct 15, 2013
Best photo shots ever. Love the view. wink
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by SPIDER90: 11:20am On Oct 15, 2013
My one kobo advise.
If u are travelling from Abuja, pls dont go thru any of the airports, Calabar or Enugu because u have to sit for another 6 to 7 hrs on a bad road b4 u get to the resort(not ranch the name has changed). That was my mistake, I wasted money flying to Calabar, my thought was that since it is in Cross River, it will be close to Calabar, but this is not so even in my opinion the culture and life style of the people in that place is more of Benue than Calabar.
Simply get a car hire that will take u thru Makurdi/Ogoja route in 6/7 hrs.
Honestly, your family deserve a treat in that place at least once in your lifetime. grin
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Afam4eva(m): 11:28am On Oct 15, 2013
SPIDER90: My one kobo advise.
If u are travelling from Abuja, pls dont go thru any of the airports, Calabar of Enugu because u have to sit for another 6 to 7 hrs on a bad road b4 u get to the resort(not ranch the name has changed). That was my mistake, I wasted money flying to Calabar, my thought was that since it is in Cross River, it will be close to Calabar, but this is not so even in my opinion the culture and life style of the people in that place is more of Benue than Calabar.
Simply get a car hire that will take u thru Makurdi/Ogoja route in 6/7 hrs.
Honestly, your family deserve a treat in that place at least once in your lifetime. grin
Enugu is also closer to Obudu than Calabar.
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 15, 2013
Smoothcriminal: God bless u OP I am planning to travel there next week with my family, but almost decided to cancel because of lack of recent reviews of the place online. Kindly answer these questions for me.

Let me state that I will be setting out from abuja and I have never been to the east before.

1. Where is d nearest active airport to obudu
2. How far is obudu from the nearest airport
2. What's the frequency of flights to that airport / what airline.
4. How much would a drop cost from d nearest airport to obudu / or advice on where to get a cheap car hire
5. How much is a decent accomodation/ or advice on a decent accomodation
6. Where there LOTS of other visitors as at the time of ur visit.
7. Is it true that electricity is rationed and u need to pay for extra hours u may need/ how is it rationed
8. What activities would you suggest while there.

THANKS IN ANTICIPATION OF YOUR RESPONSE OR ANYBODY RESPONSE FOR THAT MATTER.

PS. MODS KINDLY SET UP A SECTION FOR LOCAL TRAVELS/REVIEWS, IT'S PATHETIC THAT ALL WE DISCUSS ON THE TRAVEL SECTION IS HOW TO CUT OUT OF THIS COUNTRY.

Seun! I hope you can hear now. We need a local travel section! Not everyone wants to get out of the country for 'Redder' pastures. Tenk angry
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 15, 2013
Smoothcriminal: God bless u OP I am planning to travel there next week with my family, but almost decided to cancel because of lack of recent reviews of the place online. Kindly answer these questions for me.

Let me state that I will be setting out from abuja and I have never been to the east before.

4. How much would a drop cost from d nearest airport to obudu / or advice on where to get a cheap car hire
7. Is it true that electricity is rationed and u need to pay for extra hours u may need/ how is it rationed

PS. MODS KINDLY SET UP A SECTION FOR LOCAL TRAVELS/REVIEWS, IT'S PATHETIC THAT ALL WE DISCUSS ON THE TRAVEL SECTION IS HOW TO CUT OUT OF THIS COUNTRY.

Seun! I hope you can hear now. We need a local travel section! Not everyone wants to get out of the country for 'Redder' pastures. Tenk angry
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 15, 2013

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 15, 2013
Arosa: The funny thing is: if a country like Ghana has a place like this, the world would know of it and it will be packed with tourists. undecided

This is what happens when a country is filled with saddists that never see any good in anything. Smh.
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 15, 2013
Afam4eva: Nice looking scenery but those images are not new cos i've seen them in almost every picture of Obudu and i'm beginning to wonder how big Obudu Ranch is. I've also wondered why the trip from Calabar to Obudu is 8 hours except the road to Obudu is very bad or Obudu is in Cameroon. I've looked at the map and can't see why a trip within the same state in Nigeria is that long. This is not Texas we're talking about.

Your journey never pass within Lagos and with Enugu before, I guess.

When I visited Owu waterfalls in Kwara state.....my journey from Ilorin reach 5 hours! So I wonder How many hours it will take to travel end to end in that state....or another state like Oyo or Kano. Cross River is also a big state. I've not been to obudu though....
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Mospring(m): 2:02pm On Oct 15, 2013
proud of u @op! i was also there precisely last month...buh the rainfall almost hampered my stay cos of the altitude...! tnx God i survived the cold weather....! stayed for two weeks! the Ranch is now situated in w@ is called Obanliku LGA as against the Obudu it use to be.....ish!
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by solomon111(m): 3:37pm On Oct 15, 2013
armyofone: i'm laughing so hard, relocate villagers to city and replace them with giraffe, lions, zebras and hyena lol
not farther from the truth anyway. Yeah name it Green Hills Mountain Resort and see how the Europeans flock in. That name Obudu is scary grin
I wonder how the security is like at Obudu, any idea?

yeah right.
Why not tell the indians to rename the taj mahaj as capitol hills or the tanzanians to rename mount kilimanjaro as beverly hills so as to pander to the whims of your ignorant and inferior self.
And yes,obudu is not safe.
Come with an army to guarantee the safety of your royal highness.
Ewu.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by komekn(m): 4:16pm On Oct 15, 2013
MZ sleeq's you've done a great job opened up my mind to new ideas and possibilities in Nigeria, I really really want to go to this place. Howecer, from all the posts I'm not getting clarity on the best route, I will most certainly be going from Warri to PH (spend a few days) and then Calabar en-route to Obudu.

So suggestions on the best route I am not averse to going on bad roads, its all part of the experience and I will have an SUV although ideally tarmac would be best. grin grin grin
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 15, 2013
komekn: MZ sleeq's you've done a great job opened up my mind to new ideas and possibilities in Nigeria, I really really want to go to this place. Howecer, from all the posts I'm not getting clarity on the best route, I will most certainly be going from Warri to PH (spend a few days) and then Calabar en-route to Obudu.

So suggestions on the best route I am not averse to going on bad roads, its all part of the experience and I will have an SUV although ideally tarmac would be best. grin grin grin
You are welcome, glad to help. Mostt of the roads are bad, coming from any route. Just get a good car and enjoy away!
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by mystical10: 5:32pm On Oct 15, 2013
i served in ikom l.g.a cross river let me help u with some beautiful pics
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by LobsanRampa(m): 5:37pm On Oct 15, 2013
I spent almost two weeks there during the African Union Youth Volunteer Corp pre-deployment training (First Batch).
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by mystical10: 5:57pm On Oct 15, 2013
the oldest man in obudu white wizard
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Amyezem(f): 9:32pm On Oct 15, 2013
abeg I wen ask whether na naija be dis?
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by richy1473(m): 11:33pm On Oct 15, 2013
Its a beauty to behold in a serene environment.when I got there in 2009 I couldn't believe I was still in Nigeria:the cable-car,airstrip and weather on the top of mountain..though I was on project that took me to IKOM and later to a place called EZINJOK nowhere to stay(hotel)and I had to moved to OGOJA.NB:all the roads are nightmare during this period(I spent close to 8hrs from CALABAR-OGOJA).
I went to see DUKE's DISNEY(OBUDU) from OGOJA and it took me another 2hrs to see the 'CATTLE-HEAD' that welcome me to the WONDERLAND..I took a cable on my first journey but curious I was, I had to drive myself up during my second trip,going up the mountain was not difficult as I thought when I was descending..oops! My brake-pad suffered... It was life-time EXPERIENCED and FUN!!!
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Dannylux: 12:45am On Oct 16, 2013
I've visited here back in sec (excursion) it was adventurous and intriguing!
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Sagamite(m): 10:59am On Oct 16, 2013
Let me make this loud and clear.

These pics show a very nice environment.

But as nice as it is, it is BY NO MEANS an international tourist attraction.

I used the term "international" because to many Nigerians, this might be like a tourist attraction, but to most Westerners, this is live an average and not special neighbourhood in their hinterlands. Even cable cars are in the middle of London.

They would not pay all the money required to fly from their home to Calabar just to see this when they can go to a place like Wales.

To make this a bit more attractive, one needs to see a serious population of wildlife.

I could not help but notice the dearth of any animals in the pics.
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Hopeshylock: 5:38pm On Oct 16, 2013
For information on Calabar Updates,Directory and Everything about Calabar Follow:

Twitter: @CalabarBlog
Facebook: www.facebook.com/calabarblog
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by komekn(m): 8:07pm On Oct 17, 2013
SAGAMITE not sure how you define an international tourist attraction
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Sagamite(m): 8:25pm On Oct 17, 2013
komekn: SAGAMITE not sure how you define an international tourist attraction

A place that has international appeal and attracts the most affluent international tourists.
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by IdaraCHODB(m): 9:04pm On Oct 17, 2013
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by Swiftboy(m): 7:16am On Oct 18, 2013
Sagamite: Let me make this loud and clear.

These pics show a very nice environment.

But as nice as it is, it is BY NO MEANS an international tourist attraction.

I used the term "international" because to many Nigerians, this might be like a tourist attraction, but to most Westerners, this is live an average and not special neighbourhood in their hinterlands. Even cable cars are in the middle of London.

They would not pay all the money required to fly from their home to Calabar just to see this when they can go to a place like Wales.

To make this a bit more attractive, one needs to see a serious population of wildlife.

I could not help but notice the dearth of any animals in the pics.
you have a point there but base on what I heard and from the picture I was shown by my friend that visited the place,there're indeed some wildlife in Obudu cattle ranch.take my word for it.:O

1 Like

Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by johnwell(m): 11:26pm On Nov 07, 2013
Home away from home, hope to be here this holiday
Re: A Nairalanders Trip To Obudu Cattle Ranch by johnwell(m): 11:38pm On Nov 07, 2013
Home away from home, hope to be here this holiday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obiano Commissions Anambra International Airport (Pictures) / LASTMA General Manager Caught A Man Driving One-Way On 3rd Mainland Bridge / Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.