Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

National Conference: Share Your Opinions Here. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Conference: Share Your Opinions Here. (557 Views)

Presidency Discards Confab Report, To Hold National Conference On North-east / The Changing Changer: A PMB Supporter's Opinions On 2014 Nyanya Vs Today (pix) / Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Conference: Share Your Opinions Here. by ShobayoEmma(m): 1:27pm On Oct 13, 2013
As the National Conference is set to take place while majority of us will not be there to speak for ourselves, let therefore make use of this medium as an Online Open National Conference. Please let issues and suggestions be raised objectively in the spirit of national interest. Thanks..
Re: National Conference: Share Your Opinions Here. by ShobayoEmma(m): 2:12pm On Oct 13, 2013
My first phobia has to do with the representation method they gonna use in conveneing representatives there. if it is gonna be per state slot, then it is obvious the HIs of north might be at it again. so i suggest the representation should be based on the three major tribes in the country to create equitable playing ground for all the tribes.
Re: National Conference: Share Your Opinions Here. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 13, 2013
I think the representation shud be based on region,each region is to bring 10delegates each out of d 6geopolitical zones. After that u can start talking abt other cultural,legal and religious representatives.
Re: National Conference: Share Your Opinions Here. by ShobayoEmma(m): 8:14pm On Oct 14, 2013
lygn19: I think the representation shud be based on region,each region is to bring 10delegates each out of d 6geopolitical zones. After that u can start talking abt other cultural,legal and religious representatives.
. Just fair to using per state slot but still not d best
Re: National Conference: Share Your Opinions Here. by ShobayoEmma(m): 8:18am On Oct 19, 2013
seems nigerians are not interested in this so called national dialogue
Re: National Conference: Share Your Opinions Here. by ShobayoEmma(m): 12:22pm On Oct 31, 2013
can anything good come out of this national dialogue based on the ongoing issues that characterized it
Re: National Conference: Share Your Opinions Here. by maasoap(m): 12:58pm On Oct 31, 2013
Waste of participants' time and our collective wealth.
Re: National Conference: Share Your Opinions Here. by ShobayoEmma(m): 9:00am On Nov 08, 2013
maasoap: Waste of participants' time and our collective wealth.
. i think that is too early to acertain
Re: National Conference: Share Your Opinions Here. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 08, 2013
A country where a child who scored 69% is denied admission while another that score 1% in the same exam is admitted should belong to the pages of history.

There are already clear cut nations here:

Biafra, Odua, Niger Delta, Arewa, and even Middle Belt.

Nationalities like Anioma in Delta, the Yoruba in Kogi,the Igbos in rivers, etc should be allowed to decide where they want to belong.
Re: National Conference: Share Your Opinions Here. by DerideGull(m): 6:35pm On Nov 08, 2013
Anything short of total and irreconcilable disintegration of Nigeria is a waste of time and opportunity. I must sue for Republic of Igbo land or Igbo in confederation with people closely associated with them both in terrain and culture. I will vehemently oppose anything such as Southern Nigerian crap.
Re: National Conference: Share Your Opinions Here. by UyiIredia(m): 10:27pm On Nov 08, 2013
One that ends in a parliamentary system and hopefully inspires good grassroots participation by the common man in the polity. That way we the people can better influence govt policy. Given financial interests I fear this possibility will be bungled. I envy US (and I say this for texanomaly) their federal system. Nigeria is precisely the kind of place were u want such given its diversity within a relatively (to the US) small region.
Re: National Conference: Share Your Opinions Here. by ShobayoEmma(m): 9:47am On Nov 10, 2013
It would be better if it would not be subjected to NA ratification

(1) (Reply)

Anambra: Ngige, Ubah, Obiano Take Election Battle To Twitter / Bad Governance Behind Poverty In Nigeria – Oby Ezekwesili / Abuja’s Forgotten Settlements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.