Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,178 members, 7,807,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? (19828 Views)

Photo Of The Sun Newspaper' Sun Girl' Model That's Got Everyone Talkng / Outrage As Ex-OAU Male Student Transforms To Woman - The SUN / Wearing Sun And Fancy Glasses Indoors.is It Right ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 14, 2013
If sunglasses are designed for sun, why wear it indoors or at night?

Would you wear a raincoat when there is no rain?
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by fflamingo(m): 1:29pm On Oct 14, 2013
sahkomended is what we call it Not eyeglass...btw nigeria is a place where the blind and the non blind put on glasses......conclave,convex, conclavex,......all na yanga.....
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by mariong(m): 1:32pm On Oct 14, 2013
DarryOsh:

wel, we hav to accept the fact that fashion evolves. It was intended to protect the eyes but as time went on people came to accept them as fashion items (not necessarily an item for eye protection).

its like asking why we wear wristwatches in a room where there is a wall clock.
or why guys wear belt even when their pants are at no risk of falling off. Mind you, belts were invented merely to hold the pants from falling off.
Thank you my brother, personally i can't go out without belt round ma pants no matter how tight that pant is and that's cos i'm used to it. People just love not minding their business. I always tell a friend of mine who always finds fault in how people choose to dress that, the fact that you won't be comfortable seeing yourself in a particular dress does'nt mean someone else shouldn't.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by mariong(m): 1:32pm On Oct 14, 2013
DP
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by ronadeola(m): 1:39pm On Oct 14, 2013
..Smh**Officially,it's sunglasses..if d makers want it worn at night...den,it wud av been sun-nightglasses.. undecided grin.
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by drsirgodons(m): 1:43pm On Oct 14, 2013
ikelvin: It's fashion and sun shade too, so stop wondering. Glasses are part of fashion. Though I don't wear any!!!
[color=#006600][/color]

Which fashion? can u put on ur beach wear to church? Or a NY P cap on a suit? Its just people getting tins wrong
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by john365: 1:43pm On Oct 14, 2013
Bebetter: [size=16pt]Don't get worked up over our swag, you will just kill yourself because we won't stop[/size] grin

The truth is around the world not only in Nigeria, people were (Dark) sun glasses in non-sunny places like cars, indoor events etc. for several reasons

1. fashion/personal style e.g jack Nicholson, Bono, d'banj etc. for them it's a style/brand thing
2. Most celebrities abroad where it (even at night)or on the red carpet to protect their eyes from the blinding flashes of papparazzi cameras
3. Fashion, For **** sakes designer sun shades are not just for the sun but an accessory to complement your outfit e.g you won't tell kidrock to take of his hat since he is not riding a horse like a cowboy or in the sun! you won't tell jay-z to take of his baseball hat while perfoming on stage because he is not at a base ball game of his team or under the sun! haba it's fashion! you either accept it or not.

*But a little advice for the true indoor sun-shade wearing fashion community... there are some designer shades that are not totally solid dark, they seem to fade to transparent a bit but not totally. these are the nest type to be worn at night or indoors* cool cool cool cool cool peace.

you made lots of good points here but still why dress badly at all? some of these celebrities take some of this as a trade mark esp on stage. you dnt see most of them dressing that way outside the stage, still that p diddy carries toothpick in his mouth all the time doesnt make it right.
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 14, 2013
AM DBANJ
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by felix281(m): 1:49pm On Oct 14, 2013
putting on eye glasses while @ home,dats crazy!
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by spectator2001: 1:55pm On Oct 14, 2013
@OP pls don't call ppl stupid for wearing sunshades at odd hours especially if u don't know d condition n reasons why they got it on at such instances. Let me use myself as an example. I was travelling from Benin to Lagos yesterday via Edegbe motors, the sun was very intense as at d appropriate sunshine hours 2-4pm hence my shade was on me throughout these hours of intense sunlight. As at 6pm when the sun was almost out, I took my shades off n kept in d casing. Then all of a sudden d bus started "Smoking". That is it was emitting mad n crazy carbon monoxides that was causing severe pains to our eyes n ppl started raining insults on d driver n the owners of Edegbe. Guess what I did, I brought out my shades again at 7:12pm and I was free from any effect of smokes or dirt or impurities entering my eyes. Are u gonna come to my face at that instance of me protecting myself from the severe pain bn caused me by Edegbe driver n his proprietors that "I was silly" for protecting my eyes with my own shades at 7pm If only u can do a little bit of research as to "How" "Why" "When" certain events are permissible before terming such actions as "stupid" or "silly".

3 Likes

Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by nonsookongwu(m): 1:55pm On Oct 14, 2013
when I was in my 3rd yr, that should be in 2011, I once worked in a show where Nkem Owoh and Tchidi Chikere worn dark sunglasses into ekpo ref (d venue of the event which is the biggest auditorium in UNN) around 7pm.....I so laughed ehh....but finally, I didn't blame them cos here in Nigeria, we don't have fashion police.
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by spectator2001: 1:56pm On Oct 14, 2013
@OP pls don't call ppl stupid for wearing sunshades at odd hours especially if u don't know d condition n reasons why they got it on at such instances. Let me use myself as an example. I was travelling from Benin to Lagos yesterday via Edegbe motors, the sun was very intense as at d appropriate sunshine hours 2-4pm hence my shade was on me throughout these hours of intense sunlight. As at 6pm when the sun was almost out, I took my shades off n kept in d casing. Then all of a sudden d bus started "Smoking". That is it was emitting mad n crazy carbon monoxides that was causing severe pains to our eyes n ppl started raining insults on d driver n the owners of Edegbe. Guess what I did, I brought out my shades again at 7:12pm and I was free from any effect of smokes or dirt or impurities entering my eyes. Are u gonna come to my face at that instance of me protecting myself from the severe pain bn caused me by Edegbe driver n his proprietors that "I was silly" for protecting my eyes with my own shades at 7pm If only u can do a little bit of research as to "How" "Why" "When" certain events are permissible before terming such actions as "stupid" or "silly".

1 Like

Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by emwye(m): 1:58pm On Oct 14, 2013
Wow!
The mere fact that this makes people this mad inspires me to start wearing shades indoors. Why do we tend to talk down on people that choose to do things differently. In addition, the notion that only naija celebs do this is absolute BS. A lot of fashion accessories are just what they are - accessories- and the uses of these things have gone beyond their original design intent.

"I can't see you through my Ray-Bans..........Indoors"
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 14, 2013
Stupidity, Bushidity, Idioticity! Anything you can call it.

Most Nigerians do this....they made me stop wearing shades! angry

Celebrities are guilty of this too. Especially the hip-hop guys (both foreign and locals). Annoying! angry
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Ephraim56: 2:01pm On Oct 14, 2013
Fashion 4 stupid pple.
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by homesteady(m): 2:03pm On Oct 14, 2013
Everybody wan form nigga na! grin
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 14, 2013
PLS ASK D'BANJ
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Arosa(m): 2:12pm On Oct 14, 2013
Kamanda: AM DBANJ

grin grin grin
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by eluquenson(m): 2:16pm On Oct 14, 2013
Absolute stupidity
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Nten: 2:24pm On Oct 14, 2013
because of d heavy beam of flashlights reflecting on the studio during performance artist wear shades to deflect rays and also boost confidence while performing.
Some of those lenses are medicated, recommended but the frames are changed to ltook fashionable likewise the goggle shape.
Some are design in such a way dat the wearer sees clearly thru it but d onlookers are sceptical of their sight.
So sunglasses has gone beyond just it use to fashion.>>> like mine am so use to it that i wear it everyday all day long, daytime or @ 9te.
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by dougy2(m): 2:25pm On Oct 14, 2013
I can't just imagine myself wearin sun glasses @ night it just stupid
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 14, 2013
undecided **picks up fone ****dials TUFACE IDIBIA*******
*******damn no answer, hmmmmm ok
Dials wizkid********
Wizzo wizzo!! My boy how far? Lemme ask you a question." Is wearing glasses indoors stupidity or fashion?"
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by loswhite(m): 2:27pm On Oct 14, 2013
Ms_Steph: mayb nigerian celebrities cos I have nevr seen a foreign celeb do it
hope u are not insinuating that foreign celeb is the standard
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by calobinna(m): 2:34pm On Oct 14, 2013
hav u guys thought about hiding ur identity sometimes?....i do it just to hide myself
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by chronique(m): 2:36pm On Oct 14, 2013
Plain stupidity. Most especially amongst Nigerian artistes/celebrities.
Ms_Steph: Sun glasses are meant to be worn outside when there is sun but these days When you go for occasions you see
people wearing dark sun glasses inside the hall.

Some even wear it inside clubs at night.

Please is this fashion or its just plain silly?
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Dgoz(m): 2:36pm On Oct 14, 2013
Na him be say Dbanj don dey craze noni cool
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by omonla555: 2:40pm On Oct 14, 2013
stafupidy, correct me stapufidy, am I right?
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by whitecat007: 2:42pm On Oct 14, 2013
Some wear to avoid eye contacts or cover up their stares.
Who cares if sunglasses are worn on nipples?
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 14, 2013
My frnd would wear it even when sleeping.......but that's only when he is high on some weeds and d eye turning hot red

1 Like

Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by shegzi(m): 2:54pm On Oct 14, 2013
It is quite stupidity, sun glass or shade is to protect your eyes from ray of sun while at school one of our lecturer said we should be wearing sun shade to protect our eyes because we draw in the sun (out door landscape drawing) but wearing sunglases or shade in church, lecture hall dats stupidity
Re: Wearing Sun Glasses Indoors: Fashion Or Stupidity? by shegzi(m): 2:57pm On Oct 14, 2013
Dgoz: Na him be say Dbanj don dey craze noni cool
Dbanj is shy thats y he puts it on he said it in one of his interviews

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Makeup Looks Men Love / How To Treat Facial Acne With Potash / Good Quality Shoes for men's & lady's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.