Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,436 members, 7,801,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings (25891 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Odion Ighalo Wins 2015 Goal Nigeria Player Of The Year Award / Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 13, 2013
[size=25pt]ETHIOPIA[/size]

J. Tassew
The Antelopes goalkeeper fared well up against the superior firepower of Nigeria but he was beaten by a stunning finish from Emmanuel Emenike and a penalty from the same player.
Rating = 5/10

A. Butako
Advanced well down the flank, interlinking with his team-mates and providing a different sort of threat out wide. Defensively assured, particularly up against Musa and Onazi.
Rating = 6/10

Aynalem Hailu Reda
Read the game well at various times, offering good interceptions but gave away a shocking penalty to hand Nigeria victory at the death. Poor tackle by the young defender.
Rating = 5/10

D. Debebe
The Antelopes defender was a strong presence at the back, curtailing Nigeria's advances at every opportunity, with some good defensive
interventions.
Rating = 6/10

Tesfaye Seyoum
Despite picking up an early booking, Seyoum managed to sustain a threat on the right flank, as well as contributing to various passages of play.
Rating = 6/10

Asrat Megersa Gobena
Contributed a fair amount to Ethiopia's successful quick, sharp and intricate level of passing to frustrate the Nigerians. At times erratic, but managed his job well.
Rating = 6/10

Adane Girma
Girma was a potent threat in and around the penalty box, surprisingly carving open the Eagles' defence on more than one occasion. Clever on the ball, his decision making at times let him down.
Rating = 6/10

Behalu Assefa
Showed some good footwork on the left, providing the cross that led to Ethiopia's first goal - though, another contentious goal provided by Enyeama's
clanger.
Rating = 6/10

Minyahile Teshome Beyene
Teshome conducted the attacking flow centrally, combining with the midfield with some efficient passing ranges, but began to tire as the game progressed. Couldn't maintain his level.
Rating = 5/10

S. Said
The Ethiopian hitman was unlucky not to have scored the opener after a shocking decision despite the ball crossing the line midway through the first half. Was offered good service from his midfield.
Rating = 6/10

S. Bekele
Was a potent presence from the wing, connecting well with the play, and offering a couple of decent deliveries. But he was wasteful on occasions in the
final third.
Rating = 5/10

Substitutions.

Adis Hintsa Tekle
Came on in the second half replacing Bekele, but saw a glancing header wide past Enyeama.
Rating = 5/10

U. Ukuri
Replaced Adane Girma in the second half and slotted in well in the midfield.
Rating = 5/10

[size=25pt]NIGERIA[/size]

Vincent Enyeama
Game marred by a clanger which allowed Ethiopia to take a deserved lead, as he caught a speculative
cross after it had crossed the line.
Rating = 5/10

Azubuike Egwueke
Managed to produce a couple of good blocks to ensure that Enyeama wasn't severely tested. Contributed efficiently to defensive efforts.
Rating = 6/10

E. Ambrose
The Celtic defender was a solid performer in the back four, aerially superior to any of his opponents. Highlighted his strength to dispossess Said on many an occasion.
Rating = 6/10

Godfrey Oboabona
The right-back highlighted his defensive quality with a stunning clearance to deny Ethiopia a clear goal in the first half and generally enjoyed a productive afternoon.
Rating = 7/10

Uwa Elderson Echiejile
Echiejile recovered from an indifferent start to limit Ethiopia's burgeoning influence on the field with one or two impressive blocks. Shielded his goal well.
Rating = 6/10

John Obi Mikel
The Chelsea midfielder illustrated his awareness in the middle of the park with a couple of fantastic passes and dictated the flow of the Nigerian play
through the middle.
Rating = 5/10

Ogenyi Onazi
The combative midfielder put in a midfield performance full of purpose and efficiency. Linked well with Mikel to try and fashion chances at most
opportunities, but wasn't at his usual best.
Rating = 5/10

Victor Moses
The on-loan Liverpool winger disappointed greatly this afternoon. Despite showing his array of dribbling skills, he was kept in check by the Walya Antelopes throughout.
Rating = 4/10

Ahmed Musa
Like Moses, threatened to be played out of the game, but Musa came alive in the second half, interlinking with Emenike up front. Unlucky not to have scored after seeing a measured strike hit the post.
Rating = 5/10

Emmanuel Emenike
The powerful forward dragged Nigeria back into contention with a simply stunning strike which the goalkeeper had no chance to deal with. Was the focal point of play, and later coolly slotted away the penalty. A great afternoon.
Rating = 8/10

Nnamdi Oduamadi
Oduamadi was another forward player who roundly failed to inspire this afternoon. Spurned the few chances that came his way, including a woeful first half strike. Didn't offer too much in the finishing department.
Rating = 3/10

Substitution

N. Igiebor
Was thrown on in the second half in place of Oduamadi, but didn't manage to make a sustained impact.
Rating = 4/10

B. Ideye
Came on in the second half in place of Victor Moses.
Rating = 5/10

4 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 13, 2013
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by nedu2000(m): 7:34pm On Oct 13, 2013
The ratings are spot-on.....I agree
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by iamdhebuck(m): 7:58pm On Oct 13, 2013
Odumuadi was a mess today
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by Nobody: 11:21pm On Oct 13, 2013
3rd tu comment...tho i nvr watch d match grin

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by smile11s(m): 11:21pm On Oct 13, 2013
coughs
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by SaintChukz(m): 11:23pm On Oct 13, 2013
Who has Emenike's number here?.

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 13, 2013
but oduamadi played a perfect game today na. I remember watching him and victor moses jink past the ethiopian defence with such ease time and time again in the 1st half of the match leaving their defenders mesmerized. This rating is so unfair joor. Abi na me no watch the match well ni?
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 13, 2013
match is over ..tomorrow na monday angry...
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by ifecttt(m): 11:27pm On Oct 13, 2013
Space booked
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by toluleke(m): 11:28pm On Oct 13, 2013
I feel IDEYE should be rated higher than that immediately he came in the game changed and with some lovely passes IDEYE-6.5/10..
KESHI-7/10 Lovely substitution..i don't except him to always play all is hitmen at once..
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by mercato: 11:29pm On Oct 13, 2013
Igiebor-4 give me a break. Dude deserves more

16 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by SaintChukz(m): 11:34pm On Oct 13, 2013
Saint Chukz: Who has Emenike's number here?.
But seriously oh..i need his number oh. This could boost my career...Lol
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by toluleke(m): 11:35pm On Oct 13, 2013
.that emenike's first goal na END TYM GOAL..Rapture is near truly

6 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by ayobase(m): 11:36pm On Oct 13, 2013
Those guys are indeed antelopes!

Won n be!

See as they just wan give person HBP!

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by udilson: 11:37pm On Oct 13, 2013
Nairaland don become home of all tribalistc regoinalist i don see y on your post u dnt use 2 erase dose dt comment infavour of d south bt all u see northerners is as terrorist illetrate go nd ask ur fathers during 1900 we hav our economic system;method of ruling nd all sort we u scum we wering leaves

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by Adexchelsea19(m): 11:39pm On Oct 13, 2013
udilson: Nairaland don become home of all tribalistc regoinalist i don see y on your post u dnt use 2 erase dose dt comment infavour of d south bt all u see northerners is as terrorist illetrate go nd ask ur fathers during 1900 we hav our economic system;method of ruling nd all sort we u scum we wering leaves
what's this 1 sayin pls

28 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by Myque1(m): 11:41pm On Oct 13, 2013
Those ratings are on point, perfectly on point!
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by MaziOmenuko: 11:41pm On Oct 13, 2013
FANS

Nigerian supporters club:
Adorned in the country's green and white apparel, they ensured they kept the hopes alive by singing and drumming all through the match
7/10

VIP
Couldn't do much as they were all state dignitaries and sat with hands to their jaw as they watched their team being beaten by the super eagles.
4/10

Ethiopian supporters club
Was much lively during the first half and roared like thunder when the antelopes scored their first goal. They soon went to sleep after the eagles equalized and notched in the winner.
5/10

CAF officials
They observed with awe as the goal bound ball was cleared off by Obuabuna, making them to wonder when and how best to implement the goal-line technology. They had a wonderful afternoon as they were silently praying for the eagles to go through.
5/10

Ethipian ladies
This is where the action attraction lies. The coaching crew of the super eagles where seen glancing over there shoulders almost all the times, looking at those beautiful faces with pointed nose. Emenike, the goal scorer had to run past all the green-white colours of the eagles fans to celebrate his goal in front of the ethiopian ladies. Words on the street is that he planned winning them over with his performance on the pitch. They kept the stadium alive, and gave the home fans viewing from their sitting room something to watch out for whenever the ball passes the sidelines for a throw-in.
10/10.
Since no Ethiopian player passed the average rating, yours sincerely has decided to make the Ethiopian ladies his official women of the match.

cheesy

46 Likes

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by Babafaros(m): 11:42pm On Oct 13, 2013
Super Eagles Bleep up seriously,They won tho,they are jst playing @slow pace,Imagine Mikel Trying 2 Dribble 3 playerz
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by paschalndidi(m): 11:42pm On Oct 13, 2013
Adexchelsea19: what's this 1 sayin pls
he's simply drunk

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by Babafaros(m): 11:43pm On Oct 13, 2013
udilson: Nairaland don become home of all tribalistc regoinalist i don see y on your post u dnt use 2 erase dose dt comment infavour of d south bt all u see northerners is as terrorist illetrate go nd ask ur fathers during 1900 we hav our economic system;method of ruling nd all sort we u scum we wering leaves

What are u saying sef

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by udilson: 11:46pm On Oct 13, 2013
An trying 2 crave my anger
Babafaros:

What are u saying sef
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by udilson: 11:47pm On Oct 13, 2013
Am nt drunk jst depressed nd anger
paschal ndidi: he's simply drunk
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by Babafaros(m): 11:49pm On Oct 13, 2013
Then next time speak Good English
udilson: An trying 2 crave my anger
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by druid06(m): 11:50pm On Oct 13, 2013
Depicting from this rating, it's safe to say the Ethopians performed fairly well against the Nigerian eagles..
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by druid06(m): 11:51pm On Oct 13, 2013
Babafaros: Then next time speak Good English

It's next time converse with perfect/proper grammar.
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 13, 2013
Danielstainz: match is over ..tomorrow na monday angry...
are u sure? I swear, i think say tomorrow na sunday oo
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 13, 2013
Danielstainz: match is over ..tomorrow na monday angry...
are u sure? I swear, i think say tomorrow na sunday ooo
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by bufness(m): 11:53pm On Oct 13, 2013
Adexchelsea19: what's this 1 sayin pls
I wonder o undecided
Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by Babafaros(m): 11:53pm On Oct 13, 2013
druid06:

It's next time converse with good grammar.

mtschewww

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia Vs Nigeria: Player Ratings by adebayo201: 11:54pm On Oct 13, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: FANS

Nigerian supporters club:
Adorned in the country's green and white apparel, they ensured they kept the hopes alive by singing and drumming all through the match
7/10

VIP
Couldn't do much as they were all state dignitaries and sat with hands to their jaw as they watched their team being beaten by the super eagles.
4/10

Ethiopian supporters club
Was much lively during the first half and roared like thunder when the antelopes scored their first goal. They soon went to sleep after the eagles equalized and notched in the winner.
5/10

CAF officials
They observed with awe as the goal bound ball was cleared off by Obuabuna, making them to wonder when and how best to implement the goal-line technology. They had a wonderful afternoon as they were silently praying for the eagles to go through.
5/10

Ethipian ladies
This is where the action attraction lies. The coaching crew of the super eagles where seen glancing over there shoulders almost all the times, looking at those beautiful faces with pointed nose. Emenike, the goal scorer had to run past all the green-white colours of the eagles fans to celebrate his goal in front of the ethiopian ladies. Words on the street is that he planned winning them over with his performance on the pitch. They kept the stadium alive, and gave the home fans viewing from their sitting room something to watch out for whenever the ball passes the sidelines for a throw-in.
10/10.
Since no Ethiopian player passed the average rating, yours sincerely has decided to make the Ethiopian ladies his official women of the match.

cheesy
Baba u try, -⅔/¹0

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rashford's Emotional Apology To Man Utd Fans After Spurs Hiding / Sarah Moses Dies! Ahmed Musa's Mother Is Dead / Messi Scores 2 Goals In 2 Minutes, Extends Lead In Europe Golden Boot Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.