Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,729 members, 7,806,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Aptech Or Niit? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Aptech Or Niit? (6726 Views)

What's Next! Ccna Security Or Niit MMS / Few Questions About Aptech Computer Institute??? / I Need Info On Niit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aptech Or Niit? by Bugatti01: 9:12pm On Oct 13, 2013
I'm an aspiring programmer/web designer based in Lagos. I'm at a dilemma as to which IT school I should attend, Aptech or Niit? I will really appreciate candid suggestions from those that have attended either of the schools or suggestions of other equally good or even better schools in Lagos.
Tnx.
Re: Aptech Or Niit? by ilibrarian(m): 9:52pm On Oct 13, 2013
Go to india for your program.
Re: Aptech Or Niit? by wisemania(m): 1:24am On Oct 14, 2013
Uve bin given xo many advice on d previous thread u created on wt 2du,of all d suggestions made id advice u 2 4get about aptech/niit 4now... And folow dis guy's advice:

abbey621: As a computer science graduate from O.O.U and a certified programmer here in the U.S, I can tell you that Nigerian schools are crap when it comes to learning a programming language. If you lack previous experience in programming then I suggest you start with BASIC or C programming but if you are experienced in programming then you can continue with Java, the best way to learn Java is online, there are many Ebooks and online videos that takes you through Java step by step, instead of you spending 100k to 150k at one of those Lagos schools, you can master Java at your own pace online. Just search google for free Java tutorials for beginners and you should be okay, youtube is also an excellent place for free java tutorials.

coz @d end of d day it al boils down 2 self development, many programmers r slf tot,u dnt nid 2 attend niit 2b a pro....if u dnt av d zeal 2 carry out research on ur own,den programming will be a nightmare 2u bro......d cash ure wilin 2 spend on doz schs kud be used 2 subscribe 4 an internet bundle, in order 4u 2 download any material of ur choice,be it videos,or ebooks...i went 2a comp sch close 2my area,2 make enquiry as regards d cost 2 aquire d skill of webdesigning,i was asked 2 pay 120grands...i.e...60k 4d ist 3mnths just 2 len html,css, and javascript..den anoda 60k 4 d remanin 3mnths 2 len php,sql and mysql...i was so bitter coz i had no money 4 such...i den decided 2 len dem all on my own,wif ebooks and online tutorials,ive designed a couple of webpages wif just html5 ,css and a bit of javascript...wt is remainig is d database manipulations,of wc am still comin 2....am schoolin my slf wif my ebooks coz av got a HANDFULL of dem on my lapy....thanks 2 d internet...imagine me payin 120k 4 dis SMH....d reason y am not yet gud @javascript is coz of sch work,thanks 2 ASUU 4 goin on strike,else i wont be len jS 4now....al am tryin 2 say is dat u dont nid 2 attend any comp sch 2 aquire d required knowledge...
Pls dont tell me u dont kw how 2 school ur self,coz i assume ure good @ basic maths and english b4 tinkin of bekomin a programmer...so go n school ur slf and dnt trow away ur money 2 d SHARKS in d sea 2 DEVOUR..*my2cents*

1 Like

Re: Aptech Or Niit? by wisemania(m): 1:29am On Oct 14, 2013
@OP permit me 2 ask u dis:
what exactly du u want 2 du(i mean what aspect of programming r u intrested in)? ,coz its like ure inlove wif java,i hp u kw y u chose java.....
Re: Aptech Or Niit? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 14, 2013
First of all, The OP said Programmer/Web Designer..

Do u wanna be a web developer or a web designer or a core app Programmer..

I called APTECH and asked em how much for PHP/MYSQL, They said 90k.. I asked em for Duration of the Course, They said 1 month.. Please how can I learn PHP in a Month..(That's so Cra*y)..

NIIT Said 200k for 4months.. How can one pay such a huge amount for such course..(Utter Crap)..

If u wanna Study, Google is yo best bet..

www.it-ebooks.info(ebooks any Prog lang)
www.thenewboston.org(Video Tuts)
www.codeacademy.com

Enter 4shared.com and search for "w3schools offline version".. Its about 25mb but when u download it and extract with winzip or winrar, Its about 112mb.. It allows u to access the whole w3schools site offline without being connected..

Do These things.. Give urself 3months.. Solve exercises.. Get The cheat sheet of those web designing or development langs from addedbytes.com and Give urself projects @ d end..

Also come to Nairaland and ask Questions..

Then Thank me Lerra..

Cheers..

4 Likes

Re: Aptech Or Niit? by wisemania(m): 3:15am On Oct 15, 2013
^^^ well said....
@OP,we all know that learning new stuphs like programming could be very herculean and difficult,but you'd have to strive hard...if your're still confused about how to get free ebooks.pdf den simply logon to google and type "content/name/theme of book filetype: pdf" .For example,if i were looking for a book on assembly or C language,i'd simply type this:
"Assembly,C, filetype: pdf",and VIOLA i'll get a feedback with lots of them to download at my disposal....i've said my bit.....its now left for you to decide...*am outta here*
Re: Aptech Or Niit? by Bugatti01: 1:38am On Oct 16, 2013
I really wanna thank u all, (most especially wisemania) for all your helpful contributions and candid advice and also for being polite about it.
@Wisemania, let me answer u by quickly giving u a rundown of my IT story...
I have a very strong passion for IT most especially programming & web design but my job and lack of the right advice had slowed me down over the years. Now I'm ready to venture into it big time but I'm still not very sure wat aspects or courses exactly I should be learning. I'm not looking to be employed with it, rather I need it to be able to actualize some ideas that I have been nursing for a while now, most of which are centered around designing/developing certain complex/dynamic websites that will surely require good knowledge of programming in addition to web design. So wat do u think?
Re: Aptech Or Niit? by Raypawer(m): 5:55am On Oct 16, 2013
Djangocode: First of all, The OP said Programmer/Web Designer..

Do u wanna be a web developer or a web designer or a core app Programmer..

I called APTECH and asked em how much for PHP/MYSQL, They said 90k.. I asked em for Duration of the Course, They said 1 month.. Please how can I learn PHP in a Month..(That's so Cra*y)..

NIIT Said 200k for 4months.. How can one pay such a huge amount for such course..(Utter Crap)..

If u wanna Study, Google is yo best bet..

www.it-ebooks.info(ebooks any Prog lang)
www.thenewboston.org(Video Tuts)
www.codeacademy.com

Enter 4shared.com and search for "w3schools offline version".. Its about 25mb but when u download it and extract with winzip or winrar, Its about 112mb.. It allows u to access the whole w3schools site offline without being connected..

Do These things.. Give urself 3months.. Solve exercises.. Get The cheat sheet of those web designing or development langs from addedbytes.com and Give urself projects @ d end..

Also come to Nairaland and ask Questions..

Then Thank me Lerra..

Cheers..

i don d thank you already o! u 2 much
Re: Aptech Or Niit? by Raypawer(m): 6:13am On Oct 16, 2013
bt @Djangocode how will i get cirtification?
Re: Aptech Or Niit? by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 16, 2013
You Can get an online certification from the w3schools.com.. But just study first and know @ least to intermediate level before writing any cert course..

You can aswell go to NIIT and pay for a certication exam..
Re: Aptech Or Niit? by wisemania(m): 11:10am On Oct 16, 2013
@OP:
ure welcome bro,u av d same vision as I,i wana b a webmaster too,dat az alwaz bin my aim since july 22 2013 (yeah,few months ago)...am wrkin 2wrds it sha....its not been easy but haz been 4un 2 a large extent...broda its high tym we took naija 2d nxt level jare,am tired of seeing vulnerable and childish websites and blogs around...anywaz broda ,me still dey len sha,and i stil av a lng way 2go,bt we'll surely get dr by His grace...ebooks don full my lapy,now hw 2 finish dem me dey rizin now,bt not enof tym 2 jack dem all 4now...na ebooks surepass o,i avnt got any prob 4now as regards javascript,but wen i encounter any i'll create a thread 4 it,for d webmasters 2 modify for d enlightenment of my ignorance....since its webdesign ure interested in den java should lie-low 4now....html5,css3,javascript/jQuery/Ajax,PHP(or any oda lang,but php is prefarable),Sql/mysql....should b d righteous route 2 achieving ur aim,den u cn proceed 2lenin mor oop of ur choice *na my 2 cents bdat *

1 Like

Re: Aptech Or Niit? by wisemania(m): 11:16am On Oct 16, 2013
Djangocode: You Can get an online certification from the w3schools.com.. But just study first and know @ least to intermediate level before writing any cert course..

faultInComment=null; good++ ;.....
Re: Aptech Or Niit? by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 16, 2013
When I Look @ GraphicsPlus(HTML5 n CSS Mafia) , Adewasco2k and Elvis10(PHP Lawds), I see the Future of Web Dev..

Nairaland's our Training ground.. And this is the only place u can get freebies without Repercussions..

Lolz..
Re: Aptech Or Niit? by monkvirus(m): 2:10am On Oct 17, 2013
Nice
Re: Aptech Or Niit? by Hogbemisola(m): 6:49pm On Oct 23, 2013
Djangocode: You Can get an online certification from the w3schools.com.. But just study first and know @ least to intermediate level before writing any cert course..

Pls, lyk aw much will it cost to pay certification exam @ NIIT or Aptech

(1) (Reply)

Introduction To R Programming / Learn,Teach and Earn online on macaranta.com. / A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.