Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,491 members, 7,781,474 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:02 PM

"A Pitiable Dismal Bismal" In The Words Of Obahiagbon. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "A Pitiable Dismal Bismal" In The Words Of Obahiagbon. (2651 Views)

PDP Bigwigs And Their Current/immediate Past Pitiable Conditions. / See Hilarious Reply Of Obahiagbon To Mourinho's Sacking / ‎See The Words of Femi Gbajabiamila that Returned to Hunt Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"A Pitiable Dismal Bismal" In The Words Of Obahiagbon. by NLEFCC(m): 12:37pm On Oct 15, 2013
I saw in the news yesterday that the Nigerian Military killed over 40 suspected members of the dreaded Boko Haram sect after taking their weapons from them. Now am wondering if that was a right step in a right direction. In my Opinion I think it's high time the military adopts a different approach to this threat before it swallows us all in this country.

Boko Haram is a faceless body that has vowed to bring the government to its knees. The government on the other hand has promised to wipe out this group by officially declaring it as a terrorist group. Most of us want to believe that the governments promise is a sincere one. To the Nigerian government I say you can not fight a faceless group in this commando style of shoot to kill as soon as they are in sight. It's time to invest money and serious intel to curb this ticking time bomb.

Now lets go back to yesterday's massacre, if you successfully rounded up 40 suspected members of the sect and disarmed them, why slaughter them in that manner afterwards? Couldn't you have moved them to a secure location and try to extract information from them? Like who their leaders are and how they recruit new members? Etc. and then can't you plant members of the army or SSS in their ranks and infiltrate their camps? I have read that there is a chemical called the truth Serum that weakens a persons resolve to lie when injected into the body. Can't this be used on the apprehended members of this sect? I just hope the military doesn't fall into the trap of wanting to count scores with this group. We need complete elimination so that we can move about freely. I applaud the Militaries effort but I think this has to be complemented with another approach.

1 Like

Re: "A Pitiable Dismal Bismal" In The Words Of Obahiagbon. by topsy1971: 12:40pm On Oct 15, 2013
Too callous
Re: "A Pitiable Dismal Bismal" In The Words Of Obahiagbon. by okosodo: 1:45pm On Oct 15, 2013
What do you want to use them for? Abi you na boko? Jtf please kill all of them prison don full

(1) (Reply)

New World Order Exposed By Former World Bank Whistle Blower / Bauchi Will Cease To Exist As A State Without Oil-yuguda / If You're In Kano, Watch What you Wear, They're Arresting people Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.