Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,083 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point (10819 Views)

The 92 Armed Herdsmen Arrested By Soldiers At Check-points (Photos) / IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike / Arase Reduces Number Of Policemen Attached To Governors From 150 To 62 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by ifenadi(m): 2:17pm On Oct 15, 2013
Just wondering the role of police officers at various check points along Nigerian roads.Apart from police we have other force men along the roads and thief role are very clear to me:

CUSTOM OFFICERS
They will ask you of your custom papers only. Once they are satisfied with the documentation they will let you go

ROAD SAFETY
They are simply interested if you are wearing your seat belt and that you are not over speeding, over loaded or driving dangerously.If they stopped you, they will simply check if you have a valid drivers license, if you have good spare tyre, fire extinguisher and caution signs. They might go further to check if your travel gator and break lights are working properly.

SOLDIER(MILITARY MEN)
If they stop you, they will just check if you there so many male occupant in the vehicle. If that is the case, they will ask everybody to come down while they search each person for any incriminating items or arms. They might go further to search the vehicle buts, pigeon hole, under the seats and so on.

AGBERO
You will see these guys mainly in commercial cities. They are just after public vehicles. Once they stopped you, they will check if you have purchased their tickets and once you are cleared you are good to go.

POLICE.
They perform virtually all the role explained above and that is what I don't seem to understand. A police officer will stop you, search your buts, search all the occupant of the vehicle, search the pigeon hole. Request for your drivers license, your vehicle particulars and some cases custom papers. Ask you to open your bonnet, check your engine and engine number, check your chassis number for correctness. Check if you have fire extinguisher and have a spare tyre. If you are not on seat belt, you will be booked too. And so on and so on. You can add yours

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 15, 2013
Ebelebe list.

The duty of a policeman at a checkpoint is to stop vehicles and collect roja grin grin

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by andyanders: 10:09pm On Oct 15, 2013
Their duties are but not limited to checking if you have enough money, so that they can arrest the money and kill you.To see a way to kill you and tag you an armed robber. To make sure you are guilty and extorted. So many other crimes that has to do with accidental discharge.
Make sure you have a hidden camera to record your conversation with them so that you post it on online then we start shouting for the world to see. But also be careful because any mistake and you are caught recording them, you are dead.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 15, 2013
you forgot to add armed robbers..... what is their own role too
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by ifenadi(m): 11:21pm On Oct 15, 2013
icebeatz: you forgot to add armed robbers..... what is their own role too

grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 16, 2013
ifenadi:

grin grin grin
What is the difference between armed robbers and police men.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by israel007: 8:02am On Oct 16, 2013
Collecting your money. What else
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Cruxxy(m): 8:40am On Oct 16, 2013
tpacalipse: What is the difference between armed robbers and police men.

The only difference is the uniform.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Sermwell(m): 10:34am On Oct 16, 2013
Hmmmm!
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Nikapetrelli(f): 10:37am On Oct 16, 2013
Na to collect money n find faults with u
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 16, 2013
The ones in Festac are all thieves, they lock people for either not having a job or not having an ID card with you.I just hate police with all my strength.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Jglad(f): 10:41am On Oct 16, 2013
wel, i tink dia job is 2:
1. Collect ur money
2. Run 4rm armed robbers
3. Run away 4rm accident scenes
4. Give u a reason 2 av small change wit u wen travellin cos if u dnt av money, u go sleep 4 road wit dem

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Blessmira: 10:44am On Oct 16, 2013
2 carry AK47 n 50 naira tinz cheesy
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 16, 2013
police is your friend and bail is free.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by lanightdavido(m): 10:45am On Oct 16, 2013
Y askin such question....20 naira change neva finish nw
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by ibkgab001: 10:46am On Oct 16, 2013
;DPolice stop you simply to collect 20 Naira or gun you down
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by grandstar(m): 10:47am On Oct 16, 2013
Truth be told- they are a necessary evil.Just imagine the level of crime if no police were on ground? I suspect the high level of high way robbery is becaue of a ban on checkpoints. So whether you hate or love them, society needs them!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 16, 2013
E DON INCREASE TO 50NAIRA OOO

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Sllowppoisoon: 10:48am On Oct 16, 2013
Roger me before U quote dz comment *In police voice* grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by lonelydora: 10:51am On Oct 16, 2013
Roger Collection....
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by kingarizona(m): 10:53am On Oct 16, 2013
To collect ROGER miller or ROGER federer from civilians

that's their primary duty

abeg make I run before POLICE _ WOMAN go con catch me here with my comment
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by snika: 10:54am On Oct 16, 2013
Nice list though sometimes these men do the contrary
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by elrony(m): 11:02am On Oct 16, 2013
Their Duty is to stop n search (for RoGer...a.k.a "SKY"wink

If u no gree pay roger dem go put eègbo for ur pocket..(dat one na 15k)

PS: the fear of Nigerian police is d beginning of long life!! grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by abacusCm(m): 11:04am On Oct 16, 2013
Duty of police is to arrest okada man that carry two passengers
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by nairaarea: 11:04am On Oct 16, 2013
WOW THATS GREAT
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by smart134: 11:07am On Oct 16, 2013
.is to maintain safe drivin...is to maintain safe drivin...nd not to take bribe
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 16, 2013
hand-rubbery grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by bola4dprec(m): 11:10am On Oct 16, 2013
Going by the record of Nigeria Police Force all the duty/duties slated above were ordinarily police duties before establishment of major para-military bodies, that is why anywhere you go you see police even in border take for example The NPF performed conventional police
functions and was responsible for
internal security generally; for
supporting the prison, immigration, and
customs services; and for performing
military duties within or outside Nigeria
as directed. Plans were announced in
mid-1980 to expand the force to
200,000. By 1983, according to the
federal budget, the strength of the NPF
was almost 152,000, but other sources
estimated it to be between 20,000 and
80,000. Reportedly, there were more
than 1,300 police stations nationwide.
Police officers were not usually armed
but were issued weapons when required
for specific missions or circumstances.
They were often deployed throughout
the country, but in 1989 Babangida
announced that a larger number of
officers would be posted to their native
areas to facilitate police- community
relations. Rate of corruption in the force make them inferior otherwise they suppose to be respected by everyone in nutshell police is the father of other forces and para-military I pray may God reform them, to have a better nation police is charge with multi-duty even EFCC is a branch controlled by police
They were empowered to investigate and prosecute while judiciary to adjudicate

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Babamide(m): 11:14am On Oct 16, 2013
The duty of a police man is to harass. He just wants to show u that with your fancy car, nice clothes, good job, etc he is still better than u are.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by YoshiMaster: 11:25am On Oct 16, 2013
pDude: Ebelebe list.

The duty of a policeman at a checkpoint is to stop vehicles and collect roja grin grin

Roger that!
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by ghettodreamz(m): 11:28am On Oct 16, 2013
Dis one pass my power to answer.

Abegi, where that policewoman wey de NL, na her ministry b dis, she suppose fit helep us ansa d kueshion welu welu. gringringrin
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by YoshiMaster: 11:32am On Oct 16, 2013
Babamide: The duty of a police man is to harass. He just wants to show u that with your fancy car, nice clothes, good job, etc he is still better than u are.

Haha, what kills me the most is the way they stop cars at random, so insane!

It's like "You there, park! You there, go! You there, park! You there, go!"

I mean, do these guys have some inside info to know who to select for stop and search?

One time on approaching checkpoint, I come put on my light for drivers side, put light on for passenger side, put light on for back, I even put phone light on. For where, guy still yan, "You there, park!", I give up.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LAWMA Reopens Olusosun Landfill For Operations / INEC ‘Disqualifies’ 21 Of 40 PDP Assembly Candidates In Lagos / Tinubu Never Imposed Adelabu On Me, Ajimobi Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.