Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point (10821 Views)

The 92 Armed Herdsmen Arrested By Soldiers At Check-points (Photos) / IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike / Arase Reduces Number Of Policemen Attached To Governors From 150 To 62 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by zaragoza(m): 11:41am On Oct 16, 2013
as someone rightly pointed out, they are necessary evils!
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by buskie13(m): 11:49am On Oct 16, 2013
You know now,just dat 20naira is okay for dem,dey dont care what goes next.
The other day while travelling from Yenagoa to Delta state,i had a t.v in the car boot,when i got to their checkpoints.they ordered to see what in the carton.
When dey noticed it was a t.v,dey said where is the receipt,i brought it out a gave it to dem..suprisingly,dey asked for the serial number,which was also written on the receipt.
All dey just want from me was just 100naira,instead i showed dem de serial number..dey got angry at me for not even giving dem a dime..to de extent of policewomen taking bribes as well.
God will help us .
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Soloter(m): 11:51am On Oct 16, 2013
tpacalipse: What is the difference between armed robbers and police men.
if arm robbers catch you and you cooperate, they will only collect your money and spare your life,
while the police will surely kill you and make away with the money whether you cooperate or not.
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Sike(m): 11:58am On Oct 16, 2013
deejay_harry1: E DON INCREASE TO 50NAIRA OOO
Subsidy.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by odingavirus: 11:59am On Oct 16, 2013
grandstar: Truth be told- they are a necessary evil.Just imagine the level of crime if no police were on ground? I suspect the high level of high way robbery is becaue of a ban on checkpoints. So whether you hate or love them, society needs them!
Ur a fool
Is like ur a policeman
I pity u
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by ifyalways(f): 12:05pm On Oct 16, 2013
To control the flow of N20 and N50 notes undecided
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by castrokins(m): 12:08pm On Oct 16, 2013
elrony: Their Duty is to stop n search (for RoGer...a.k.a "SKY"wink

If u no gree pay roger dem go put eègbo for ur pocket..(dat one na 15k)

PS: the fear of Nigerian police is d beginning of long life!! grin

YOU WILL NOT BREAK MY WAIST WITH YOUR HUMOR. THOSE BLOKES ONCE STOPPED ME ALONG SHOBAYO IN PALM GROVE. I HAD TWO SIM CARDS AND TWO PHONES. THAT WAS MY OFFENSE. THEY SAID ONLY A THIEF WILL HAVE MORE THAN A SINGLE PHONE..BUT SOON AS THEY SAW I HADN'T MONEY ON ME THEY FREED ME BUT WASN'T UNTIL ABOUT 30MINS OF ARGUMENTS.
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 16, 2013
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by andyanders: 12:33pm On Oct 16, 2013
odingavirus:
Ur a fool
Is like ur a policeman
I pity u

My Brother, grandstar is a criminal and a product of an armed robber police hence his comment.
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by haulagehandlers(m): 12:39pm On Oct 16, 2013
grandstar: Truth be told- they are a necessary evil.Just imagine the level of crime if no police were on ground? I suspect the high level of high way robbery is becaue of a ban on checkpoints. So whether you hate or love them, society needs them!
Your education on this matter is sadly lacking.
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by steffans(m): 1:12pm On Oct 16, 2013
Cruxxy:

The only difference is the uniform.

Some wear uniforms ooo
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Emrich(m): 1:51pm On Oct 16, 2013
I was hoping I would see what will reduce the time I spend at the check points bt up till now this thread has only served to relieve the ASUU stress.

I wish someone here knows exactly what those men should be doing at the check points so that I will have legal backing to insult them and put them in their place when they try to intimidate me.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by philc334: 2:03pm On Oct 16, 2013
Tadon200: police is your friend and bail is free.

na for which village
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by philc334: 2:04pm On Oct 16, 2013

It either you are a policeman, benefiting from police or your uncle is a police grin
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 16, 2013
What else than to ask 4 particulars they have no understanding of and egunje!
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Ekesonbaba: 3:12pm On Oct 16, 2013
ifenadi: Just wondering the role of police officers at various check points along Nigerian roads.Apart from police we have other force men along the roads and thief role are very clear to me:

CUSTOM OFFICERS
They will ask you of your custom papers only. Once they are satisfied with the documentation they will let you go

ROAD SAFETY
They are simply interested if you are wearing your seat belt and that you are not over speeding, over loaded or driving dangerously.If they stopped you, they will simply check if you have a valid drivers license, if you have good spare tyre, fire extinguisher and caution signs. They might go further to check if your travel gator and break lights are working properly.

SOLDIER(MILITARY MEN)
If they stop you, they will just check if you there so many male occupant in the vehicle. If that is the case, they will ask everybody to come down while they search each person for any incriminating items or arms. They might go further to search the vehicle buts, pigeon hole, under the seats and so on.

AGBERO
You will see these guys mainly in commercial cities. They are just after public vehicles. Once they stopped you, they will check if you have purchased their tickets and once you are cleared you are good to go.

POLICE.
They perform virtually all the role explained above and that is what I don't seem to understand. A police officer will stop you, search your buts, search all the occupant of the vehicle, search the pigeon hole. Request for your drivers license, your vehicle particulars and some cases custom papers. Ask you to open your bonnet, check your engine and engine number, check your chassis number for correctness. Check if you have fire extinguisher and have a spare tyre. If you are not on seat belt, you will be booked too. And so on and so on. You can add yours
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Btruth: 3:40pm On Oct 16, 2013
I think the only different from the listed above is their uniforms. They are all doing the same thing.

- the Police
- the Army
- the FRSC
- the Custom
- the Immigration
- the VIO
- the OP Messa
- the RRS
- the Armed Robbers
- the Senators
- the House of Assembly
- the FAAN
- the ASSU
- the SSS
- the EFCC
- the INEC
- the CBN
- the NRC
- the NBA
- the NNPC
- the NCC
- the PHCN
- the etc, etc, etc

All of them have the same syndrome & mentality, but different uniforms.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Jboy5050(m): 5:06pm On Oct 16, 2013
They are jst dere to collect bribery,shameless force-police... :PThey are jst dere to collect bribery,shameless force-police...
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Sparklequeen(f): 5:33pm On Oct 16, 2013
My opinion is police men do all the jobs or do they have their own job specifications? Tell us plz
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Dannylux: 5:38pm On Oct 16, 2013
lmao, a girl can be this funny? grin
Jglad: wel, i tink dia job is 2:
1. Collect ur money
2. Run 4rm armed robbers
3. Run away 4rm accident scenes
4. Give u a reason 2 av small change wit u wen travellin cos if u dnt av money, u go sleep 4 road wit dem
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 16, 2013
Cruxxy:

The only difference is the uniform.
Hmn.
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by DECOtech(m): 6:16pm On Oct 16, 2013
pDude: Ebelebe list.

The duty of a policeman at a checkpoint is to stop vehicles and collect roja grin grin
Simple!!!
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by papamalik(m): 6:37pm On Oct 16, 2013
Policemen on checkpoints are more dangerous than armed robbers. grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by fortunejum: 7:33pm On Oct 16, 2013
pDude: Ebelebe list.

The duty of a policeman at a checkpoint is to stop vehicles and collect roja grin grin
What do you expect from them other than that?
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Balkan(m): 8:30pm On Oct 16, 2013
it's seems you are a police man.
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by tosine25: 9:30pm On Oct 16, 2013
Tadon200: police is your friend and bail is free.

If I hear .... Try follow dem reach station first grin
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by ALISMILE(m): 9:35pm On Oct 16, 2013
bola4dprec: Going by the record of Nigeria Police Force all the duty/duties slated above were ordinarily police duties before establishment of major para-military bodies, that is why anywhere you go you see police even in border take for example The NPF performed conventional police
functions and was responsible for
internal security generally; for
supporting the prison, immigration, and
customs services; and for performing
military duties within or outside Nigeria
as directed. Plans were announced in
mid-1980 to expand the force to
200,000. By 1983, according to the
federal budget, the strength of the NPF
was almost 152,000, but other sources
estimated it to be between 20,000 and
80,000. Reportedly, there were more
than 1,300 police stations nationwide.
Police officers were not usually armed
but were issued weapons when required
for specific missions or circumstances.
They were often deployed throughout
the country, but in 1989 Babangida
announced that a larger number of
officers would be posted to their native
areas to facilitate police- community
relations. Rate of corruption in the force make them inferior otherwise they suppose to be respected by everyone in nutshell police is the father of other forces and para-military I pray may God reform them, to have a better nation police is charge with multi-duty even EFCC is a branch controlled by police
They were empowered to investigate and prosecute while judiciary to adjudicate
U re d only fellow in whose comment i see intelligence.there is no country in the world that has a police force that is completely free frm corruption,but we exaggerate ours and minimise others. And we also 4get that we nigerians are naturally corrupt and we ll probably do worse if given the chance. I hate wen one is deliberately targetted. I ve seen the nigeria army collect money in road blocks. Customs are probably worse. Even the navy do bunkery. The judiciary collect money from criminals that even the police refused to touch. Police are bad but the politicians are even worse. This post is just childish.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by ALISMILE(m): 10:30pm On Oct 16, 2013
odingavirus:
Ur a fool
Is like ur a policeman
I pity u
the man has told u the simple trut and there is nothin u or anybdy can do about it.
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Emekayoung(m): 10:45pm On Oct 16, 2013
If any policeman stops u,the only way out is for u to arrange something for dem because even if ur papers and all they asked u are complete they will still incriminate u.
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by elrony(m): 10:46pm On Oct 16, 2013
castrokins:

YOU WILL NOT BREAK MY WAIST WITH YOUR HUMOR. THOSE BLOKES ONCE STOPPED ME ALONG SHOBAYO IN PALM GROVE. I HAD TWO SIM CARDS AND TWO PHONES. THAT WAS MY OFFENSE. THEY SAID ONLY A THIEF WILL HAVE MORE THAN A SINGLE PHONE..BUT SOON AS THEY SAW I HADN'T MONEY ON ME THEY FREED ME BUT WASN'T UNTIL ABOUT 30MINS OF ARGUMENTS.

I never believed in police harassment until it happened to м̣̣̥̇ε̲̣̣ twiced..!!

Fear those criminals in uniform I tell u!!
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Omotolaaraujo(f): 1:37am On Oct 17, 2013
The IG is responsible to clean up the police force. His responsiblility is to see that they are trained and disciplined. Fire him!
Re: What Is The Role Of Policemen At Check Point by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 17, 2013
Soloter: if arm robbers catch you and you cooperate, they will only collect your money and spare your life,
while the police will surely kill you and make away with the money whether you cooperate or not.
You are right though.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC Retains Smart Card Reader, Incidence Form / US, UK Owe The World Responsibility For Peace In Middle East – Onanuga / Okorocha To Present The "Ikoro" Igbo Newspaper, March 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.