Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (26976 Views)

2016: Hillary Clinton To Decide On Presidential Bid Early Next Year / Hillary Clinton Resigns As US Secretary Of State / Hillary Clinton Caught Dancing & Drinking At Cuban Bar In Colombia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by AllRoundGist: 7:30pm On Oct 15, 2013

Fearless London traffic warden places ticket on Hillary Clinton's Mercedes - despite five security agents ordering him to leave.

The Westminster City Council warden put a £80 penalty notice on a silver Mercedes vehicle (centre) in Central London which had taken former US secretary of state Hillary Clinton (left) to an event at Chatham House. The row was caught on camera by photographer Greg Brennan, who said five of her guards were waiting inside a Mercedes van next to her car at the time because it was raining. The warden then arrived and put a ticket on the car, prompting her security detail to jump out of the van in protest (right), Mr Brennan said.

She had earlier arrived in a motorcade of five cars with around 10 security agents, Mr Brennan told MailOnline. Her car was parked in a bay on St James's Square in Mayfair, which costs £3.30 per hour.

The warden then arrived and put a ticket on the car which had transported 65-year-old Mrs Clinton to the event, prompting her security detail to jump out of the van in protest, Mr Brennan said.

The photographer claimed he saw one of the agents angrily waving his arms and flashing his badge to the warden, who remained unflustered and continued to issue the ticket to Mrs Clinton’s vehicle.
Cllr Daniel Astaire, Westminster City Council cabinet member for business, told MailOnline: 'Despite our traffic marshal being questioned by the secret service for just doing his job, he was in the right.

'The former US Secretary of State was parked for nearly 45 minutes without paying. I’m sure she will understand that we have to be fair to everyone, regardless of their status on the world stage.

Well done man! she isn't above the law of the land! Plz give him a medal, give him a raise, give him a promotion.....he deserves it.
If na my naija police/warden, dem go even beg her to park on their heads. lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2460919/Fearless-traffic-warden-puts-ticket-Hillary-Clintons-car-London.html

http://www.allaroundgist.com/2013/10/fearless-traffic-warden-gave-hillary.html#more

14 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 15, 2013

8 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 15, 2013
Nonso23: Wonderful! It shows perfect distribution of power!
Can this happen in Nigeria?
Not even in Africa

4 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by boron10(m): 8:04pm On Oct 15, 2013
Them go sack am

5 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by ChemicalMallam(m): 8:54pm On Oct 15, 2013
Ok
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by BekeeBuAgbara: 9:13pm On Oct 15, 2013
shocked
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Kemy11(m): 9:14pm On Oct 15, 2013
He ll stil pay for it someday. All policians are thesame worldwide.

16 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Tolexander: 9:20pm On Oct 15, 2013
she would be surrounded by soldiers and there wouldn't be anybody moving near her car let alone placing anything on it.

2 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by RINE1: 9:21pm On Oct 15, 2013
Am looking forward to a time where every man will be equal in the eyes of the law!.
Arise o compatriots!!... Cos i knows that through vision 2099 Nigeria will be greater than America!!!.

4 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by ugochukwu360(m): 9:34pm On Oct 15, 2013
If to say na 4 our beloved country, d kind beating wey dem go beat dat guy eeehhh, hmmm if him survivam na im be say him no go die again.

14 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by kokoA(m): 9:37pm On Oct 15, 2013
boron10:
Them go sack am
sack? Are you a learner? Dem for discharge like 10 bullets for him body come tag am "bakoharam".

33 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Symphony007: 10:51pm On Oct 15, 2013
In 2005,first daughters janet and laura bush were arrested for attempting to buy alcohol at a bar in texas with fake ID's.

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by gerald09(m): 11:09pm On Oct 15, 2013
iterator24:
Not even in Africa
It can't even happen in the US

8 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Ruq: 3:18am On Oct 16, 2013
even this one happened rarely, you brain just automatically tells you to let it slide.
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by oladapoa1(m): 4:51am On Oct 16, 2013
one million followers on twitter
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by free2ryhme: 6:55am On Oct 16, 2013

YES

BOKO HARAM PERSONNEL grin
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Omexonomy: 7:01am On Oct 16, 2013
Yeye people full nairaland.
Why are you people saying nigeria?
Which other country or part of the world can this happen apart from that particuler place?

2 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by horpe132(m): 7:26am On Oct 16, 2013
If na naija,,,,,,,,,,,D security detail go 1st beat d man to pulp ,,,dey go kom call am boko haram........... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by ZACHIE: 7:42am On Oct 16, 2013
this poeple dont understanding protocol for big man
come to orji kalu landi and learn
nest time, block the road
close the avenue
nobody messes with big man.
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by dridowu: 8:19am On Oct 16, 2013
9ja politician : do u know who am i ?

6 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by BabaEleko(m): 9:22am On Oct 16, 2013
And so??
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Sermwell(m): 10:53am On Oct 16, 2013
Long live the federal republic of nigeria!!!
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 16, 2013
I admire his guts. 'guess what, am doing my job' besides no one is above the law.
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by sammieguze(m): 10:56am On Oct 16, 2013
I knw my beloved country will sumday be transformed ino dix. Maybe i will be alive to see it is what i dnt knw
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by kingarizona(m): 10:57am On Oct 16, 2013
that's why I love the Whites smileysmileysmiley

Nobody is above the law, even the Queen

Welcome on board sir Clinton

Nigerian traffic warden be like...... Hey!!! Chairman sir!! Tuale!!!! U get mouth die! Just drop something for ya boys tdey go cheesycheesycheesy

4 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by beeman80: 10:58am On Oct 16, 2013
I beg to disagree.Rather It shows perfect equity of the system.
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by JMOI: 10:59am On Oct 16, 2013
But the warden no try at all. This is the future US President you are dealing with.
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by sammieguze(m): 11:00am On Oct 16, 2013
yes o....in my dream :p
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by indoorlove(m): 11:03am On Oct 16, 2013
The article described him perfectly 'FEARLESS'.
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by jhames010(m): 11:03am On Oct 16, 2013
Some people just take their jobs too serious... Cool move but, twas stupid.

3 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Luxiana19(f): 11:08am On Oct 16, 2013
ok
Re: Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 16, 2013
jhames010: Some people just take their jobs too serious... Cool move but, twas stupid.

Na wa ooo.E go hard,but we shall get there some day.Amin undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Three White House Staff Resign Including Melania Trump's Chief Of Staff / June Wisse: Nigerian Model At 7 Mimicking President Biden's Inaugural Speech / Silvio Berlusconi Is Dead! (italy's Longest-serving Leader Dies At 86)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.