Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,534 members, 7,808,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon (28438 Views)

Suicide Bomber Strikes In Borno Market This Afternoon / Buhari Attended Jumaat Prayers At Mambila Mosque Earlier This Afternoon [photos] / My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by victorazy(m): 8:54am On Oct 16, 2013
cowleg: Nairaland tooo funny, [b][/b]see abro advising armed robber.

Dat was harsh bros.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by playboy19(m): 9:00am On Oct 16, 2013
Funpeter: What are you now insinuating? You better respect yourself. I dont want to know where you come from be it UK, USA and so on i dont care but an insult on my country i will not take .

Dude, the guy is saying nothing but the truth. Betwn, what country are you talking about? Your country? Is nigeria a country? FYI, Nigeria is not a country. Just a random refugee camp with 200 million retarrds in it.

And to those of you who are always quick to say that you've been outside Nigeria, I say you all lies. Nobody, I say, nobody from Nigeria will ever travel to a country as near as South Africa and fail to see nigeria for a shitthole that it's truly is. Lest, the uk, the us and other countries where you always claim you've been to. And stop all those "they have slums too" assertion already, yes they do have few slums but what you've forgotten is that, only a handful of places is nigeria is just an inch away from being a slum, even your almighty Abuja.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Reference(m): 9:08am On Oct 16, 2013
ifyalways: LMAO.

Just enter Arochukwu street go report am give Joe-King Jaquar. cheesy Super story.

You go deserted school building go eat banana? You sef never tok wetin you dey find.
Talk true jor,na ganja you go smoke dia,the banana was for stepping down.LOL

My reply would be along these lines. A fully grown man sitting down watching kids play ball, eating a banan on a hot afternoon in Nigeria is an anomaly.

Are you a football scout, player's agent, or match commissioner. Because I pass a couple of fields almost everyday but CANNOT find the time to stop and watch. To me those kids are probably building a career so should I.

Robbery is devastatingly bad but the percusor is always indolence, a slack hand. Not that this country has everything and we play for 'lack of want' but this country lacks everything. Where people find the time to roam about simply beats me.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by mimifavour(f): 9:13am On Oct 16, 2013
Phder: If there is anything I've learned so far in life, it would be "Never argue with a desperate soul".
Armed robbers came to my room last year, they stole 2 laptop computer, 2 blackberry phone, some other items I couldn't remember, and my school back pack (I really love that bag, very big and "swaggish"wink. Twas a very painful experience. When I told my friends they keep telling me how they would have managed the situation by collecting the gun blah blah blah.....

Some days later, we learnt that this same guys chopped off a student hand because he was trying to form familiarity with them.

Looking back today, I've gotten a new laptop and a new phone, I still miss that back pack though. But it doesn't worth wasting my life for.

MORAL: Let them steal whatever they want to, that's their mission, God knows how to return the lot of Zion.

Where did dis happened, ABSU ?. Cos I heard de story in sch
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by uceee(m): 9:20am On Oct 16, 2013
Sloan: Most Nigerians are getting more disillusioned and stupid not to connect the dots. The robber would not be trying to snatch your life and money if he had enough food to eat, jobs and a decent life! Notice this happened in Abia - iboland! OP, you are lucky your support for the retardeen did not cost you not only your N 2,500 but your life itself. Meanwhile the retardeen is flying 10 jets at N 9 B per annum and ibos are the ones shouting fresh air! The retardeen walks around with all the army, airforce, navy and police, so he will never have to worry about a petty robber that could have killed you. I am losing any sympathy for Nigerians because they deserve every suffering and crappy life they get, just looking at the comments of people on this website.

I live in a country where average, random people can afford to go and buy bird food and feed the beds of the air for fun in their car parks just before they start work in the morning. What a sight when you see like dozens or hundreds of birds, playing around in a parking lot, chirping while eating the food being given to them by someone who is just any average person. The birds were never hungry in the first place but just for the fun of it! Meanwhile, a lot of Nigerians cannot afford to eat and feed themselves decently without stealing, corruption or being involved in some vice. Well, you all deserve your suffering, no need to worry! I am glad I can read your horror stories from a huge distance and not have my life messed around by a bunch of stu.pid country men who elect foo.ls like retardeen GEJ and their useless governors.
I sense serious frustration here. Is there any country in the world devoid of criminals?

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Reference(m): 9:30am On Oct 16, 2013
Sloan: Most Nigerians are getting more disillusioned and stupid not to connect the dots. The robber would not be trying to snatch your life and money if he had enough food to eat, jobs and a decent life! Notice this happened in Abia - iboland! OP, you are lucky your support for the retardeen did not cost you not only your N 2,500 but your life itself. Meanwhile the retardeen is flying 10 jets at N 9 B per annum and ibos are the ones shouting fresh air! The retardeen walks around with all the army, airforce, navy and police, so he will never have to worry about a petty robber that could have killed you. I am losing any sympathy for Nigerians because they deserve every suffering and crappy life they get, just looking at the comments of people on this website.

I live in a country where average, random people can afford to go and buy bird food and feed the beds of the air for fun in their car parks just before they start work in the morning. What a sight when you see like dozens or hundreds of birds, playing around in a parking lot, chirping while eating the food being given to them by someone who is just any average person. The birds were never hungry in the first place but just for the fun of it! Meanwhile, a lot of Nigerians cannot afford to eat and feed themselves decently without stealing, corruption or being involved in some vice. Well, you all deserve your suffering, no need to worry! I am glad I can read your horror stories from a huge distance and not have my life messed around by a bunch of stu.pid country men who elect foo.ls like retardeen GEJ and their useless governors.

Once again, yet another misfire. Another cover for irresponsibility. Buck passing. It is not my fault. The government made me rob. Bad government makes me kidnap, vandalise pipelines, sell my vote, bad government made me steal billions from pension funds, vice-president says bad government made me ask for a 3 billion naira official house.

The question is. Are these personal decisions or not. How much is a hoe and how much is a .22 calibre. When will people just accept that no matter how poor, how uneducated a person is, he has the capacity to do right. Will he then praise GEJ or government when he does.

4 Likes

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by SHAAWA: 9:35am On Oct 16, 2013
[quote
author=akereconfi]

SO if your father as the HEAD of the house gave your mother money to
cook and she didn't and the children are now HUNGRY, who will you
blame.........................................I guess you will still
blame your father because you are programmed to blame him abi? undecided undecided

If the Father na good person the mama no go try am at all. besides our leaders do not consider us to be their children, they steal from us to take care of themselves, so that anology is wrong.
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided[/quote]
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 16, 2013
@Sloan

Please stop lying. The average Nigerian in rural area is a farmer. Most Nigerian states and towns are rural areas. Since that makes majority of Nigerian population, most Nigerians can't be hungry when they are farmers.

Secondly, hunger has got nothing to do with armed robbery. I am speaking from experience with a lot of armed robbers I know.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by zubino(m): 9:52am On Oct 16, 2013
@ Gbaky _ floor - Secondly, hunger has got nothing to do with armed robbery. I am speaking from experience with a lot of armed robbers I know.

Guy what kind of experience are u speaking from. Na waooo, I hope u understand what u are insinuating.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by sCun: 10:03am On Oct 16, 2013
Sloan: [s]Most Nigerians are getting more disillusioned and stupid not to connect the dots. The robber would not be trying to snatch your life and money if he had enough food to eat, jobs and a decent life! Notice this happened in Abia - iboland! OP, you are lucky your support for the retardeen did not cost you not only your N 2,500 but your life itself. Meanwhile the retardeen is flying 10 jets at N 9 B per annum and ibos are the ones shouting fresh air! The retardeen walks around with all the army, airforce, navy and police, so he will never have to worry about a petty robber that could have killed you. I am losing any sympathy for Nigerians because they deserve every suffering and crappy life they get, just looking at the comments of people on this website.

I live in a country where average, random people can afford to go and buy bird food and feed the beds of the air for fun in their car parks just before they start work in the morning. What a sight when you see like dozens or hundreds of birds, playing around in a parking lot, chirping while eating the food being given to them by someone who is just any average person. The birds were never hungry in the first place but just for the fun of it! Meanwhile, a lot of Nigerians cannot afford to eat and feed themselves decently without stealing, corruption or being involved in some vice. Well, you all deserve your suffering, no need to worry! I am glad I can read your horror stories from a huge distance and not have my life messed around by a bunch of stu.pid country men who elect foo.ls like retardeen GEJ and their useless governors.[/s]
Nonsense! Pidgeon and bull story! Why not mention the name of the place where you live in let's see if there are no thieves, homeless people, citizens who survive on food stamps etc. Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by samcus(m): 10:04am On Oct 16, 2013
@Phder matured nd sensible comment so far,keep it up.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by notinmege: 10:05am On Oct 16, 2013
GeneralShepherd: So you applied common sense, why didn't you bind the power behind d bullet?

Na your obituary for dey front page

cool cool cool cool cool He would have seen himself in a more valid planet than our's.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by MrChris1(m): 10:05am On Oct 16, 2013
gbaky_floor: @Sloan

Please stop lying. The average Nigerian in rural area is a farmer. Most Nigerian states and towns are rural areas. Since that makes majority of Nigerian population, most Nigerians can't be hungry when they are farmers.

Secondly, hunger has got nothing to do with armed robbery. I am speaking from experience with a lot of armed robbers I know.
Really!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by oluboyo04(m): 10:26am On Oct 16, 2013
Codedrock:
when will nigerians stop using AM FOR I'M? Even our celebs make same mistake on twitter.
forget, people understand the difference. just that AM is easier to type.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by oluboyo04(m): 10:33am On Oct 16, 2013
zubino: @ Gbaky _ floor - Secondly, hunger has got nothing to do with armed robbery. I am speaking from experience with a lot of armed robbers I know.

Guy what kind of experience are u speaking from. Na waooo, I hope u understand what u are insinuating.

yu mean yu know a lot of armed robbers?
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by notinmege: 10:44am On Oct 16, 2013
You would have seen yourself in a more valid planet than our's, i guess.
Thanking God for your dear life. Please stop patronizing those lonely places.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Cestmoi1(f): 10:55am On Oct 16, 2013
Lool,so you people no allow the Op finish hin tori? You don chase am comot.Op,thank God for your life o.You should know criminals don't like people with yanga.You have learnt your lessons.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by validplanet: 11:10am On Oct 16, 2013
yea. i guess i shld continue. i was pissed off by the other guys comment

i suppose my advice to the young made some impact on him from some of his comments.
he made me to know that something happened and that's what made him to do such things. and that i should know that he wld have prepared for the worst b4 coming out there, so, why am i treating him like a small boy?
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by validplanet: 11:17am On Oct 16, 2013
said he wld take it easy with because of the way i talked with him. he even wanted to give me back N500. but when he asked who i was talking with on the phone, and i told him someone was waiting for me to come and fix his laptop. he said ok, the person wld pay me... i wld get my money back.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by adeyrule(m): 11:18am On Oct 16, 2013
The time u wasted to advice is enough for u to disharm him

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 16, 2013
mimifavour:
Where did dis happened, ABSU ?. Cos I heard de story in sch
No, it's an institution in south west.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by validplanet: 11:25am On Oct 16, 2013
during our conversation. i remember he told me he's looking for money to travel to malaysia, he heard nigerians are making lots of money there. i told him i have a friend there and he made me understand that the jobs there are for the citizens. that as a foreigner, u r either going there for business or studies. unless he wants to go for drugs trafficking which is risky. he asked ' what about yahoo yahoo"
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by validplanet: 11:38am On Oct 16, 2013
adeyrule: The time u wasted to advice is enough for u to disharm him

i thot about that. i doubted if he was really going to shoot considering its broad day light and pple passing around. if he shot, can he get away easily?

but my brothers told me i did the right thing. here when pple hear a gun shot, everybody wld first of all run for safety b4 asking what happen. i wld have to spend more than 2k treating the wound.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 16, 2013
Yes, I have been ill-fortuned to have relatives whom lacked absolutely nothing choose to go down the root(thank God they were caught and served some time in prison before they did more harm). They are better persons today and have learnt their lesson.

Also as an undergraduate I knew lots of cultists involved in armed robbery- many were from well to do family.

In my place of origin, most of us natives know the armed robbers but are scared to speak up.

Where I reside in Lagos, we know them so to speak.

All of these past and present armed robbers I know have one thing in common:

*Greed to be wealthy without hard work and patience.

*hunger has got nothing to do with them.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by nairaner(m): 12:48pm On Oct 16, 2013
validplanet: o boy. the young man got provoked. he stood up and wanted to test the gun on my leg. he wanted to know if God wld make it not to work...

haa! i told him to calm down...and emptied my pockets for him.... N2000 plus

grin i no fit die for laughter cheesy. So you knew what he actually wanted na hin you start am with N500. God save you say the balance dey ya pocket grin grin
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by playboy19(m): 1:15pm On Oct 16, 2013
gbaky_floor: Yes, I have been ill-fortuned to have relatives whom lacked absolutely nothing choose to go down the root(thank God they were caught and served some time in prison before they did more harm). They are better persons today and have learnt their lesson.

Also as an undergraduate I knew lots of cultists involved in armed robbery- many were from well to do family.

In my place of origin, most of us natives know the armed robbers but are scared to speak up.

Where I reside in Lagos, we know them so to speak.

All of these past and present armed robbers I know have one thing in common:

*Greed to be wealthy without hard work and patience.

*hunger has got nothing to do with them.

Okay, now we know who you are Mr. SS/CID lol
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Crixina(f): 1:44pm On Oct 16, 2013

I don't like this post,but I can't help loving it.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by Aywire(m): 3:56pm On Oct 16, 2013
I have watched this film before...
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by SenatorJames(m): 6:31pm On Oct 16, 2013
Thank God Agagu stories has finished been suspended;

-Agagu died
-Jonathan visit Agagu wife in Ibadan
-Associated airline carrying Agagu corpse and 20 passengers on board crash killing 14
-Agagu buried under tight security
-Agagu son; Feyi Agagu to be flown abroad for better treatment
-Ondo state denied involvement in associated airline that carried Agagu
-
-
-

@OP. One part of me want to believe you (Its not a sin to strow to Primary school to watch ball eating banana), another part is saying its a lie (You have the courage to be gisting like that in front of gun. Its not well fabricated).

Thank God for your life
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by validplanet: 7:10pm On Oct 16, 2013
Senator James:

@OP. One part of me want to believe you (Its not a sin to strow to Primary school to watch ball eating banana), another part is saying its a lie (You have the courage to be gisting like that in front of gun. Its not well fabricated).

Thank God for your life

my aim of writing this is not for u to believe me, but to let those concerned to know what is happening at that location. i may make out time to go inform the anglican church that owns that school. tho they've put a gate to block that road in the night. its of no use since the walls to the school has been broken and anyone can enter there anytime. if possible, a security man should be there.

as for my courage? i believed the robber was really going to shoot anyhow in broad day light. and if he shot, he may not easily get away. he was under pressure.
Re: My Encounter With An Armed Robber This Afternoon by wjxavier(m): 2:52am On Oct 17, 2013
otijah: so u expect us to believe this story, sorry for urself

It takes one ijiot to create a riot.
Look what they did to an innocent story.
Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Agreed To Swap Chibok Girls With Arrested Bomb Expert — Buhari / Ofiafuluagu Mbaka, Steve Eboh Visit Nnamdi Kanu At His Residence (Pics) / Two Nigerians And An Israeli Smuggle $9.3million Into South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.