Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha (21381 Views)

Pius Odubu Escapes Assassination (Edo Deputy Governor) - Photo / Wike’s Aide, Inko-Tariah, Escapes Assassination In Rivers State!!! / Some Political High Profile Assassination In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by JECBOSS: 5:22am On Oct 16, 2013
Barely 48 hours after operatives of the Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) killed six suspected kidnappers in Ihiala Council Area of Anambra State, a business magnate and transporter, Chief Godwin Okeke (GUO motors) escaped death by the whiskers yesterday when gunmen suspected to be hired assassins attacked his car.

The attack occurred barely one month after the owner of the Young Shall Grow Motors, Chief Vincent Obianodo escaped suspected assasins’s bullets in Festac Area of Lagos.

Okeke escaped death miraculously within his residence at Government Reserved Area (GRA), Onitsha, while he was returning from work at about 6.45 pm when the gunmen trailed his car to the gate of his home.

Though the business magnate was not hurt, it was gathered that after he came in, one of the drivers in his convoy went out with a black Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) with Reg. No ME70AAA, and the assailants trailed him and opened fire on the car.

Speaking to Daily Sun, Okeke said he had come back about 10 minutes earlier and sent his driver on an errand with the car and on his way back, gunmen operating in a Toyota Siena car trailed him to his gate and opened fire on the vehicle.

His words: “I came back yesterday about 10 minutes earlier and I sent my driver to go and buy something. Shortly after that, we began to hear terrifying gunshots in front of the gate.

“It was when the assailants trailed the car, thinking that I was inside; they first opened fire at the windscreen, directing it at the front seat where they thought a security man was sitting.

“They shattered the windscreen, shot again at the driver and the bullets miraculously missed his forehead and just scratched his head and the bullets also hit his hand.”

“They also shattered the tyres of the vehicle and riddled the whole vehicle with over 60 bullets. The operation was a very brief one because it lasted for about five minutes.

“The assailants came purposely to eliminate me because within the last few months, I have been receiving threats from various criminal gangs, ordering me to leave Onitsha and Anambra State completely.

“But I told them that nobody can force me out of Onitsha or Anambra State. They probably thought I was inside the car because when they forced the door open, they were asking where is Oga?, before they left.”
source: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/guo-escapes-assassination-onitsha/

1 Like

Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by Zonacom(m): 6:44am On Oct 16, 2013
And if the man decides to relocate to enugu or even lagos, people will come out to say that Anambra bigmen dont wanna reside in the state. I so hate the level of insecurity in my state

10 Likes

Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 16, 2013
Zona.com:
And if the man decides to relocate to enugu or even lagos, people will come out to say that Anambra bigmen dont wanna reside in the state. I so hate the level of insecurity in my state
Believe me it is utterly annoying! Thank God his Jazz worked sha grin

4 Likes

Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by free2ryhme: 6:53am On Oct 16, 2013
THE EAST AND THEIR KILLINGS .. smh

4 Likes

Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by DuduNegro: 7:06am On Oct 16, 2013
I thought you guys have a supreme council of elders, where are they and what are they doing to clean up SE?

1 Like

Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by ochilikoko(m): 7:07am On Oct 16, 2013
free2ryhme: THE EAST AND THEIR KILLINGS .. smh
tell me your trbe and I will tell you d much I know about dem.Stupid tribalistic biggot

25 Likes

Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by Trailii: 7:26am On Oct 16, 2013
Dis is d same reason why investors don't want to site dere biz in eastern part of the country. Dats y dey prefer SW to any oda part of the country. Even d rich igbos would prefer to live in cities like lagos abuja, ibadan and kaduna.

13 Likes

Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by chycoroxie(f): 7:36am On Oct 16, 2013
N other places re peaceful bah?
Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by Sec5(m): 7:45am On Oct 16, 2013
Insecurity is everywhere, tribalist!
Insecurity is everywhere, tribalist!
Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by Chino72: 8:05am On Oct 16, 2013
Zona.com:

I don't know how some of u reason. The level of insecurity in enugu is equally higher even without money in the state. Another name for lagos is high level insecurity. Was obianodo not attacked in lagos recently almost killed him? Was commissioner of police not killed recently in enugu? Onitsha GRA the home to so many VIPs of SE descent. I think the major economic cities as lagos, ph, onitsha, kano etc needs more security due to the level of capital that moves thru the cities.

7 Likes

Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by Brimmie(m): 8:08am On Oct 16, 2013
Ritual Things... grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by ikweremilitant: 8:11am On Oct 16, 2013
Dudu_Negro: I thought you guys have a supreme council of elders, where are they and what are they doing to clean up SE?
i can see hw ur elders controld bank robery in ur region

1 Like

Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by ikweremilitant: 8:15am On Oct 16, 2013
Trail ii: Dis is d same reason why investors don't want to site dere biz in eastern part of the country. Dats y dey prefer SW to any oda part of the country. Even d rich igbos would prefer to live in cities like lagos abuja, ibadan and kaduna.
and yet d state in question is d most industralizd after lagos

1 Like

Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by badmeat(m): 8:26am On Oct 16, 2013
The guy's baptismal name is either jazzman olofin,or Don jazzy!smiley

4 Likes

Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by doctokwus: 8:57am On Oct 16, 2013
So after shattering d car wt almost 60bullets without any fatal shot on d driver,dey still opened d car door to ask him where GUO was and left.This kind journalism leaves a lot to b desired.
Thank God sha for GUO's life,dis is somebody who worked hard to earn his money(unlike many politicians),is in a legitimate money earning biz(unlike some pols)and is employing thousands,directly& indirectly(definitely unlike most politicians);so y target him?

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by kettykings: 8:59am On Oct 16, 2013
Trail ii: Dis is d same reason why investors don't want to site dere biz in eastern part of the country. Dats y dey prefer SW to any oda part of the country. Even d rich igbos would prefer to live in cities like lagos abuja, ibadan and kaduna.
No igbo wealthy business man dead or alive would want to live in ibadan , igbos are in lagos because of the deep sea port, oil and gas business telecommunications companies and bank head quarters that necessitates people coming from the East to lagos many times a week to negotiate business deals with these banks and to get visa from the numerous embassies and consulates in lagos, rather than unnecessary and risky flights to and from the east to lagos a number of igbo business either set up branches or site their headquarters their in lagos.
If lagos was not a federal capital I bet you no igbo would be found coming to lagos to set up big ventures like they would never do in osun , ondo, ekiti

15 Likes

Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by superstar1(m): 9:40am On Oct 16, 2013
Chineke mehhhh.

No wonder they are always running to Lagos, small London and Dubai of ibos.

3 Likes

Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by ifebosco: 9:59am On Oct 16, 2013
Zona.com:
something as easy as bullet prove car security cámara in your car can serve you in the dificult time
Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 16, 2013
LOL....Is today anti-ibo day or something? I'm waiting for the fight from other threads to spill over here soon...LMAO.....But why do Igbos and their flat heads like to kill?...sorry i couldn't resist... grin

1 Like

Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by obitwo: 10:35am On Oct 16, 2013
engineerd: LOL....Is today anti-ibo day or something? I'm waiting for the fight from other threads to spill over here soon...LMAO.....But why do Igbos and their flat heads like to kill?...sorry i couldn't resist... grin

Out of all criminal cases, at least 80% can be traced to people of South eastern origins

8 Likes

Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by MrMcJay(m): 10:36am On Oct 16, 2013
Why did Ojukwu die outside Igboland?

Why does OUK live in Lagos?

Where was Peter Obi based before he became Governor?

Every January, why do the eastern bus parks swell with people as if there is a war going on?

Why don't Igbo sons stay back and invest after Christmas and New year?

Why do some jokers wave Israeli flags, but want to die in Lagos?

The answer is the reason why those returnees want 1 Billion to go back to Lagos. If GUO could be targeted for assasination, I guess they would be targets for practice.

11 Likes

Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by Sermwell(m): 10:37am On Oct 16, 2013
R
Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by Skanas(m): 10:47am On Oct 16, 2013
engineerd: LOL....Is today anti-ibo day or something? I'm waiting for the fight from other threads to spill over here soon...LMAO.....But why do Igbos and their flat heads like to kill?...sorry i couldn't resist... grin
Anu mpama!
Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by 4chi: 10:48am On Oct 16, 2013
obitwo:

Out of all criminal cases, at least 80% can be traced to people of South eastern origins

95% is more like it....it's in the genes meen!

1 Like

Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 16, 2013
Skanas:
Anu mpama!

LMAO.....Okoro you better stay in ur lane!

1 Like

Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by mekaboy(m): 10:52am On Oct 16, 2013
Chino72:

I don't know how some of u reason. The level of insecurity in enugu is equally higher even without money in the state. Another name for lagos is high level insecurity. Was obianodo not attacked in lagos recently almost killed him? Was commissioner of police not killed recently in enugu? Onitsha GRA the home to so many VIPs of SE descent. I think the major economic cities as lagos, ph, onitsha, kano etc needs more security due to the level of capital that moves thru the cities.

I am from anambra state and I will tell u the level of insecurity in that state is unbearable compared to enugu or even lagos. I hardly hear of kidnappers or robbers asking someone to leave their state.

I know 2 of my friends whose wealthy fathers were assassinated in anambra state, in their villages. I mean these people are from anambra state, they live in enugu, own properties and companies in lagos and abuja, only for them to be killed in the village in anambra.

I think there is more wickedness in the hearts of we anamrarians than other parts of nigeria. Its like for u to be rich and do business in anambra state now, you have to get some kind of charm for protection.

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by Blessmira: 10:56am On Oct 16, 2013
Glory b 2 God cheesy. May God continue to protect us.
Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 16, 2013
Zona.com:
then do something about it.
INNO18: Believe me it is utterly annoying! Thank God his Jazz worked sha grin
who told U tis Jazz? If u believe tis Jazz, why not thank Ifa Instead and let God out of this
Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by snika: 10:58am On Oct 16, 2013
I'm not surprised that the man was attacked or anything.

Was he not the same GUO that was said to terminate the construction of the Oba International Airport Oba, Anambra State, alongside his fellow road transport associates?

He probably must have dealt with/cheated some people even though the above cause alone is enough reason for him to be brought out and stoned at Ose Okw'odu Market.

As for assasinations and kidnapping. No one does the former better than the westerners, while the notherners have no need to keep you(kindnapping) where they can kill you in hundreds with their sophisticated explosive mechanisms.

Haters can only shut and keep watching the Anambra flag flying high grin

6 Likes

Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 16, 2013
You are a typical example of what your people call 'eren oko'.
Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 16, 2013
mekaboy:

I am from anambra state and I will tell u the level of insecurity in that state is unbearable compared to enugu or even lagos. I hardly hear of kidnappers or robbers asking someone to leave their state.

I know 2 of my friends whose wealthy fathers were assassinated in anambra state, in their villages. I mean these people are from anambra state, they live in enugu, own properties and companies in lagos and abuja, only for them to be killed in the village in anambra.

I think there is more wickedness in the hearts of we anamrarians than other parts of nigeria. Its like for u to be rich and do business in anambra state now, you have to get some kind of charm for protection.
Hey! Hey!! Bro plz dn't generalise this, U rather say there is more WICKEDNESS in ur VILLAGE or even KINDRED than bringing it down to every ANAMBRALIANS. Dn't be like TINUBU that went to condemn his country PRESIDENT in the USA. Dn't even know what was his intentions for doing so. Who knows, he wanted OBAMA to block JONATHAN on Facebook cox they've been FB Friends for so long.

4 Likes

Re: Godwin Okeke (GUO) Escapes Assassination In Onitsha by 4chi: 10:59am On Oct 16, 2013
I laugh when people talk about govt. declaring a state of emergency in the north or anywhere else. THE ENTIRE SOUTH EAST HAS BEEN

UNDER A STATE OF EMERGENCY FOR EONS. It's been a permanent dusk to Dawn curfew in nearly all parts of iboland for several years.

Onitsha is particularly notorious. It's a completely lawless and disorganised haven for all sorts of hardened criminals.it's pure Mogadishu out

there.thank God for Lagos, for were the south east an independent nation,the refugee crisis would have been unmanageable....

Mogadishu's got nothing on iboland....pure anomie all the way.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil / Osinbajo And APC Governors Present 75th Birthday Card To Buhari / 46 Senators Sign Up To Back Buhari In Polls Order Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.