Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,230 members, 7,807,764 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

2face Idibia - Enter The Place - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 2face Idibia - Enter The Place (18938 Views)

2face Idibia - Nfana Ibaga 2014 Remix (MUSIC) / 2Face Idibia Finally Releases Another Album? / 2Face Idibia's "OLE" Music Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2face Idibia - Enter The Place by rockyfela(m): 3:46pm On Aug 13, 2008
lol, k i get ur point, but as i said MEDIOCRE doesnt come into play here, that word is xtreme , he is light years ahead of that word, U GET THAT STRAIGHT, U became a fan that u claim 2 be not 2ru mediocrity , u cant be cajoled in2 become a fan by mediocrity, plss one more thing mention songz that contain mediocre lyrics, See me so is out of that list 2 start with, Another thing where do u reside? When last where u in naija? hw long?, ?
Re: 2face Idibia - Enter The Place by Emad(f): 4:07pm On Aug 13, 2008
Rocky

1.) i think alot of his songs apart from african queen have been mediocre interms of language power
2.) i became a fan because fo the queen & Nfana Ibaga ,
3.) i understand tubaba better when he speaks pigin, i hold my breath when he is doing interviews so that he will revert to pigin soon, i find nothing wrong with him
speaking pigin.
4.) i am in canada ( Ontario ) i was transfered here three years ago by my company, i did work in nigeria for one year tough ( 2005), i was home last oct for a short break
5) i do speak pigin, but i also speak english, i DO NOT speak Piginglish
Re: 2face Idibia - Enter The Place by louis400(m): 4:17pm On Aug 13, 2008
Hey, Without those pigin combinations the guy tuface might not been this popular, the pigin is part of his ways, he just got his ways of doing stuffs. For example, check the plantashun boyz songs saying, "why do you have to go, why do u have to find another broda" what tuface was singing there is "why do u ap to go , why do u ap to find another brother"
He changes stuffs atimes and thats one of the things that makes him Unique tho no matter how a human being is, he will need to improve and one other thing is reading his minds, I have been with him alot of times, to read his mind is hard, he talks in parables like in the song with Sound Sultan, where he said "Some people like to make the money why some wants to dey Jolly" he was also refering to some people just like he did in "You No Holy Pass" track, the guy is alot coded but the news and happenings around will help u track him down, may be thats why some guys re hunting him up and down, lol its for a woman parole shaaa and he already told them, if love is a crime, he is willing to be haunted, lol so they should put more fire. , see ya.
Re: 2face Idibia - Enter The Place by icezik1(m): 4:52pm On Aug 13, 2008
@Emad

I give up. I've lost hope in Nigerians abroad. I feel you're just ashamed he ain't speaking proper English. Pity. I knew you couldn't be leaving in Nigeria because if you were, you wouldn't find anything wrong with his lyrics. Oh well, it's obvious you refuse to be convinced so I'm not gonna bother trying. Sha, at least, don't spoil his name for any foreigners over there.
Re: 2face Idibia - Enter The Place by Emad(f): 5:13pm On Aug 13, 2008
ice_zik

i am just trying to help him improve!, i am not forming, he has a large fan base here and i love that Butttttttttt!!!!
Well if you are honest in saying that MOST nigerians do not find ANYTHING wrong with his lyrics then i am worried . lipsrsealed
Re: 2face Idibia - Enter The Place by TmeD0(m): 8:26pm On Aug 13, 2008
@ rocky & ice_zik, Guys, I hate to say this but Emad has a point there.  Perosnally, I think tuface is highly over-rated because lyrically, I think Faze is the better artist.  I'm a tuface fan since African Queen but after I started listening to faze (starting with Faze Alone), I safely concluded that he's a better artist than tubaba.  Don't get me wrong now, tuface is talented as well but there are some idiotic things that tuface add in his lyrics that makes you go "what the bleep was that or where the bleep did that come from?"  Mind you I have no problem with him singing in pidgin; matter of fact, I think that's what makes Naija music unique.

For instance, as much as I like the beat in "see me so", the moment he mentioned that word "hypertech N****" just messed up the whole darn song.  I mean, did he think using the N word like some of these rappers in the states do makes him cool?  Come on now!  That was really ridiculous and besides he kind of contradicted himself a lot on that song.  First, he started by saying hin no send and then in the middle of the song he come dey yan say make you see me as ya brother after hin no send am.  If you honestly compare Faze's response to that his song (objectively now), there's no doubt Faze's lyrics stands out.  I don't think Emad is hating on him but just pointing out the flaws he can improve on.  And I think the sooner someone in his inner circle starts telling him the truth, the better it would be for his career longetivity-wise.  Just Baba Ijebu's two kobo o!  Peace!
Re: 2face Idibia - Enter The Place by rockyfela(m): 8:48pm On Aug 13, 2008
T@emedu ure obviously a faze's fan, Mfana ibaga was one of the songz he used the so called pinglish and yet u luved it,
In see me so, he explained that wen he meant He doesnt send them means he faze is oding his thing nd him he is doing his and that he doesnt have time 2 interfer in faze's music, but at the same time he wishes him well, YA DIGGG!!!!

I get ur point but my own wahala be say that word MEDIOCRE doesnt come into play, Everybod they get their singing language and HEY FAZE WAT? BETTER WAT? ABEGGY settle down, DONT LET SENTIMENTS CATCH UP WITH U, Faze is gud jst as d whole plantashun unit is concerned, Tubaba was baba rii 4rm den, BUT THIS IS NOT A WHO IS BETTER TREND SO KEEP FAZE OUT OF THIS,

U guyz can only mention 2 tracks? wtf? FOR INSTANCE made perfect sense, that track to me was crazy thinkin to rhyme like dat and make sense,

9ICE we non yoruba no dey hear wetin him dey talk EVEN YORUBA people find it hard 2 translate wat he is sayin cos its parables, Tubaba has his own parables 2!!!!!

I agree he needs 2 improve aswell but i dont buy the word MEDIOCRE LYRICS!!!! cos they make sense, U point out only one or 2 lines in a whole song and call his work mediocre abegooo!!!!

NOT A FAZE FORUM ASWEL, KEEP that blind argument outta here abeg,
Re: 2face Idibia - Enter The Place by triistar86: 9:10pm On Aug 13, 2008
@ T@meD0
Please I dont know why people are still comparing 2baba with faze in this era. Do you know the number of good artist we have out there today? I really dont get the point of being called a good artist if by chance by some set of people, while the other ones that artist that people see as wack or not as good as u are making it better than u are. Please Stop the Comparison there are so many artist out there that are better than both 2Baba and Faze. But where are they now in the real world of entertainment and Music. So Pls lets judge constructively.

One more thing make Una leave 2baba alone He is simply too Good at what he does,his works says its all, his collabos are usually the hottest what else do we want or are we looking for, though he has his flaws too but they aint as much as his good sides. Every artist in the world have their flaws. So 2baba is not the first to start.

Me I gbadun 2baba o even if his lyrics wack his flows are exceptional, Enough of all the explanations (make I quick enter 'the' place I go check back soon.)
Re: 2face Idibia - Enter The Place by icezik1(m): 9:25am On Aug 14, 2008
'Nuff Said!
Re: 2face Idibia - Enter The Place by TmeD0(m): 4:48pm On Aug 14, 2008
rockyfela:

T@emedu ure obviously a faze's fan, Mfana ibaga was one of the songz he used the so called pinglish and yet u luved it,
In see me so, he explained that when he meant He doesnt send them means he faze is oding his thing nd him he is doing his and that he doesnt have time 2 interfer in faze's music, but at the same time he wishes him well,  YA DIGGG!!!!

I get your point but my own wahala be say that word MEDIOCRE doesnt come into play,  Everybod they get their singing language and HEY FAZE WAT? BETTER WAT? ABEGGY settle down,  DONT LET SENTIMENTS CATCH UP WITH You,  Faze is good jst as d whole plantashun unit is concerned,  Tubaba was baba rii from den,  BUT THIS IS NOT A WHO IS BETTER TREND SO KEEP FAZE OUT OF THIS,

You guys can only mention 2 tracks? wtf? FOR INSTANCE made perfect sense, that track to me was crazy thinkin to rhyme like that and make sense,

9ICE we non yoruba no dey hear wetin him dey talk EVEN YORUBA people find it hard 2 translate what he is sayin because its parables,  Tubaba has his own parables 2!!!!!

I agree he needs 2 improve aswell but i don't buy the word MEDIOCRE LYRICS!!!! because they make sense,  You point out only one or 2 lines in a whole song and call his work mediocre abegooo!!!!

NOT A FAZE FORUM ASWEL, KEEP that blind argument out of here abeg,

Firstly, you're dead wrong to (ass)ume I'm a Faze fan!  Unlike you,  I listen to music objectively before making any comparison without allowing a preconceived notion cloud my judgment.  I know you're a die-hard tubaba fan and there's no amount of valid argument I can present to you that will convince you, and as such I won't waste my time debating the issue with you.  As far as you're concerned, one can't be a tubaba fan and still criticize him.

Secondly, in no way did I mention that his lyrics are "mediocre" in my argument; your bias against other artists didn't let you see that as you're so into your tubaba.  In addition, I never said anything was wrong with him singing in pidgin English--infact, I clearly stated that it's what makes Naija music very distinct from others.  Again, your lack of objectivity clearly shows.  And yes you're right, this is no Faze forum but does that mean another artist's name can't be mentioned to make a point?  Well, if you think that's the case (which I suspect you do) then using 9ice as an illustration renders your argument baseless.  Ya feel my drift (think about that for a sec)?  wink  Peace!

triistar86:

@ T@meD0
Please I don't know why people are still comparing 2baba with faze in this era. Do you know the number of good artist we have out there today? I really don't get the point of being called a good artist if by chance by some set of people, while the other ones that artist that people see as wack or not as good as u are making it better than u are. Please Stop the Comparison there are so many artist out there that are better than both 2Baba and Faze. But where are they now in the real world of entertainment and Music. So Please lets judge constructively.

One more thing make Una leave 2baba alone He is simply too Good at what he does,his works says its all, his collabos are usually the hottest what else do we want or are we looking for, though he has his flaws too but they aint as much as his good sides. Every artist in the world have their flaws. So 2baba is not the first to start.

Me I gbadun 2baba o even if his lyrics wack his flows are exceptional, Enough of all the explanations (make I quick enter 'the' place I go check back soon.)

It's called marketing and entertaining my man.  The fact that one artist is successful than the other in this day and age in the entertainment industry does not necessarily equate to being good.  In that industry it's how you market yourself (image) and your product (music in this case) that sells.  Tubaba from all indication is a good entertainer and very fortunate to have business-minded people market his music.  I am not disputing the fact that he is talented just like several other artists, I was only reiterating the point a poster raised, which I think is valid.  But, I forget say some of my pepu no dey gree hear the other side of an argument especially when it's not in favor of their favorite artist. 

On the other hand, I totally agree with you that there are a lot of artists out there that are better than either tubaba or faze (at least you're a bit objective) but my only criticism of him is some irrelevant and sometimes meaningless things he adds to his lyrics, which I think could come back and bite him in the yansh in the future.  No doubt he's one the most sought-after artists in the country but that doesn't negate the fact that his lyrical flaws are becoming apparent to some of his fans.  Peace!
Re: 2face Idibia - Enter The Place by skingo(m): 6:13pm On Aug 14, 2008
tu baba. i no like the new song. i need more songs like true love, for instance. and one love. those songs have different vibes to them and they help carry the album. this enter the place is not the bst new track especially not an artist in the caliber of tuface.
Re: 2face Idibia - Enter The Place by rockyfela(m): 9:16pm On Aug 14, 2008
Re: 2face Idibia - Enter The Place
« #69 on: Yesterday at 08:26:43 PM »

@ rocky & ice_zik, Guys, I hate to say this but Emad has a point there. Perosnally, I think tuface is highly over-rated because lyrically, I think Faze is the better artist. I'm a tuface fan since African Queen but after I started listening to faze (starting with Faze Alone), I safely concluded that he's a better artist than tubaba. Don't get me wrong now, tuface is talented as well but there are some idiotic things that tuface add in his lyrics that makes you go "what the bleep was that or where the bleep did that come from?" Mind you I have no problem with him singing in pidgin; matter of fact, I think that's what makes Naija music unique.
THIS LINE OBVIOUSLY SHOWS U TO@MEDO IS A FAZE'S FAN, EVRYBODY WAS A 2BABA FAN AT A TIME OR IS STILLL, U WERE A 2FACE FAN BEFORE BUT AFTER FAZE'S ALBUM U BECAME HIS FAN, THATS THE CONTEXT IN UR STATEMENT,

AS 4 THE PIDGIN ASPEKT AM SORRY 4 NOT READING THE LAST LINE ON UR STATEMENT AND MOST THINGZ I SAID ESP AFTER MY 1ST PARAGRAPH WAS REFERING 2 EMAD
Firstly, you're dead wrong to (ass)ume I'm a Faze fan! Unlike you, I listen to music objectively before making any comparison without allowing a preconceived notion cloud my judgment. I know you're a die-hard tubaba fan and there's no amount of valid argument I can present to you that will convince you, and as such I won't waste my time debating the issue with you. As far as you're concerned, one can't be a tubaba fan and still criticize him.

Secondly, in no way did I mention that his lyrics are "mediocre" in my argument; your bias against other artists didn't let you see that as you're so into your tubaba. In addition, I never said anything was wrong with him singing in pidgin English--infact, I clearly stated that it's what makes Naija music very distinct from others. Again, your lack of objectivity clearly shows. And yes you're right, this is no Faze forum but does that mean another artist's name can't be mentioned to make a point? Well, if you think that's the case (which I suspect you do) then using 9ice as an illustration renders your argument baseless. Ya feel my drift (think about that for a sec)? Wink Peace!

YEA A FAN IS A FAN, ND PLS I CLEARLY STATED THAT I UNDASTOOD WAT EMAD WAS SAYING ABT HIM IMPROVING BUT I DIDNT BUY THE WORD MEDIOCRE, YA DIGG!!!!that line wasnt refering 2 u, jst that i was trying to address u both.

ON CONTRADICITING MASELF WITH USING 9ICES NAME AND NOT LETTING FAZE'S NAME IS BECAUSE IVE SEEN MANY A TIMEZ ON NAIRALAND WHERE A SIMPLE DISSCUSSION ON 2BABA ENSUED A LONG ASS DEBATE B/W WHO WAS BETTER which is not necessary 2 compare 2 GUD ARTIST AGAINST EACHOTHER, thats wat i meant in context. Yea i agree 2 being biased on that point but sometimes its necessary b4 it prolongs in2 some meaningless thing, that was wat i was trying 2 avoid.

I LIKE FAZE A LOT ND HAVE ALL HIS ALBUM. I LIKE BLACKFAZE 2, THE WHOLE PLANTASHUN UNIT. but i like 2baba more thats the truth, YEA TNX 4 D COMPLIMENT of naming me a diehard,
IVE SAID IT B4 I CLEARLY AGGREE HE CAN IMPROVE BETA BUT not when u despise his previous work that has taken 2 where he is 2 d point of mediocrity. referring 2 EMAD,

HOPE U UNDASTAND!!!
Re: 2face Idibia - Enter The Place by Baro(m): 9:35pm On Aug 14, 2008
Tuface is very talented. that is not the issue
Enter the Place is wack (the song and the album)
Blackface singlehandedly wrote African Queen. Source; http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=88208645
Re: 2face Idibia - Enter The Place by xJaysonx(m): 10:15pm On Aug 14, 2008
1. Nothing spectacular this time.

2. Sounds so rough.

3. Isn't up to my expectation.
Re: 2face Idibia - Enter The Place by A40(m): 6:43pm On Aug 15, 2008
You might argue that the song was not as good as what he has done in past but its a good song its just one of those feel-good songs.Gosh people take things too seriously these days Tubaba is still one of the best at the moment his talent is undeniable
Re: 2face Idibia - Enter The Place by TOYOSI20(f): 1:59am On Dec 27, 2008
I love this songgggggg, didnt know it came out since though, embarassed
Re: 2face Idibia - Enter The Place by tosinadeda: 10:15am On Dec 27, 2008
toyosi y u always last to hear undecided
Re: 2face Idibia - Enter The Place by Talone(m): 11:59pm On Dec 29, 2008
well, let give it to him( 2 baba).No be small thing o!
making that much on that album in Nigeria is not a joke.
Re: 2face Idibia - Enter The Place by TOYOSI20(f): 5:03am On Dec 30, 2008
tosinadeda:

toyosi y u always last to hear undecided

Tee hee hee, I know oo, grin grin grin

Im very sure ill improve next year too, which is just around da corner, cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 2face Idibia - Enter The Place by tosinadeda: 9:12am On Dec 30, 2008
@toyosi
cool
Re: 2face Idibia - Enter The Place by nuell: 5:59pm On Jan 13, 2009
hey people, that song is cool. u guys shld enter d place & knw that AC is not Fan. Shhh! Dnt ask me where the place is?
Re: 2face Idibia - Enter The Place by mrbargains(m): 1:05am On Apr 08, 2009
Looking For 2face - Enter The Place,
Check Out MyAfricanBargains
http://www.myafricanbargains.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot / Terry G's Funky New Look with New Video - See Groove 2 / What Kind Of Songs Tuck You To Sleep At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.