Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,836 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Auditing Standards In Nigeria. Please Help!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Auditing Standards In Nigeria. Please Help!! (1481 Views)

Improving The Pharmacy Standards In Nigeria:pharmacists, Students, Retirees / Textbooks Used In Secondary Schools In Nigeria - Please Help!! / Are Private Universities Reducing Academic Standards In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Auditing Standards In Nigeria. Please Help!! by fulanigirl(f): 2:10pm On Oct 16, 2013
For one of my classes our coursework is for us to choose an IFAC member body operating in a country of our choice. So being the proud Nigerian I am i decided to choose ICAN, as it is the only full IFAC member in Nigeria. However I did not anticipate how hard it would be to get the information that I need!! I was hoping the kind accountants or just knowledgeable people can help me out.

WHAT KNOW:
I understand that ICAN founded and was funding the NASB in 1982 until 1992 whennit was taken over by the federal government. Nigeria has adopted international standards on auditing (ISA's) but where there are no standards the Institute issues standards on auditing.

WHAT I DON'T KNOW:
1. Who is required to comply with the standards?
2. Is there a mechanism of independant oversight to ensure copmpliance with the standards

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike; "How Soon Is Soon" / Attestation Of Result / Federal Polytechnic Nekede Post UTME And HND Result For 2014/2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.