Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,937 members, 7,806,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test - Nairaland Ads (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Ads / Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test (87083 Views)

Discussion Of Nairaland's New Targeted Ads / Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest / First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by Bobopupa: 7:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
@ Seun, nice move.
@ Forum, pls send me a direct message if u need a graphic designer to create very catchy and impactful banner ads @ pocket friendly rates.
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by Youngzedd(m): 7:59pm On Oct 16, 2013
dwizy:

I doubt if you will have to wait. No ads will have a particular space. If they re more than 6, then they will automatically rotate.

Abi Seun. Am I right?

This will be concern bullsh1t and waste of resources for advertisers.
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by dheaven: 8:17pm On Oct 16, 2013
Seun has just woke up from sleep. Because a business that poor men cannot patronize is not yet a perfect business and that is why he is not making as anticipated previously.
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
Choi!!....Oga seun don harmmer shocked
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by gothrones(m): 8:48pm On Oct 16, 2013
Nice one @Seun. Good job mate.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by Adeshina365: 9:21pm On Oct 16, 2013
Hi Abu Mikey...Miss U....
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by kliq(m): 9:29pm On Oct 16, 2013
Nice 1 brethren....more blessings!
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by ladygogo: 10:28pm On Oct 16, 2013
That said, how come I don't see lots of ads from banks and other telco giants in Nigeria on this site? I think you need to take more advantage of the forum's ranking in Nigeria.
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by nairamaverick(m): 10:34pm On Oct 16, 2013
why is there no ad pricing for front page?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by hammedkola(m): 10:35pm On Oct 16, 2013
mrrock: Long time ago as soon as Nairaland introduced own ads, I warned this site exactly what it needs to do to make real cash from ads. Myself having burnt several thousands of dollars on google adwords and owning few websites knew immediately there was no way this site was going to make money from ads unless it partners other company to create an intelligent automated ad system.
How I wish I knew the owner of this site personally, I would have told him there's no way he can make it really big unless he eschew greed and partner other people. I have had a failed online business that would have fetch more money than nairaland by far but it failed simply because I thought I would do it alone.
@Chrisvicmall & papaejima1 you know what you are talking about and unless those issues addressed this site will only be roaming around the wilderness of income generation.
I have said before. For this site to make money an advertiser must:
1. Be able to place an ad by himself/herself.
2. Be able to target any Nigerian state or section of this site.
3. Be able to pay for any amount of ad he/she want to.
4. Be able to pause and resume ads whenever he/she want.
5. Must be charged per click or by impression (not per day not per week not per month)
6. Must be able to self manage his/her ad
7. The CPC or CPI price must be cheaper than adwords.
All these e.t.c are all possible.
Bottom line: The only way this site will make money is by partnering others to be able to run an automated ad system with all the above. It actually worry me because this site is not running on it's full potantials probably due to greed by whoever own it. Example; there are 2 bottons that I know if you add to this site you will immediately KILL facebook prospects in Nigeria or at least give them a run for their money.

He is an Ijebu man
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by neksummi(m): 11:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
Good development. I'm going to try it out!
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by Vicky2k(m): 11:37pm On Oct 16, 2013
@ Seun Thumbs up for the Improvement in the Ads Placement, but i also advocate for more automation like accepting credit card payments so that its not just the pm and go to bank to make payments
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by HuJJC(m): 1:11am On Oct 17, 2013
Seun: Earlier this year, our big corporate advertisers told us that the 154 by 95 pixel ad format was too small to deliver the kind of impact they were looking for. In response to this, we have switched over to a new ad format: 318 x 106 pixels. It's was carefully chosen to be big enough to deliver the kind of impact that our corporate advertisers are looking for, but not too big, so that advertising on Nairaland can remain affordable.

At the same time, all categories of advertisers asked us to automate our system so they will have better control over their ad campaigns. Advertisers also asked for better ad targeting so they can drastically increase the ROI of their ad campaigns by allowing them to target only the Nairaland members who are most likely to be interested in whatever they might be selling or promoting.

We've granted this desire for automation by creating a new system called Nairaland's Dynamic Ad System. This is a system that allows any Nairaland member to create ads by uploading suitable images and to place those ads on any section of Nairaland at any time. Our main goal when creating this system was to figure out how to make it simple and straightforward but also powerful and flexible. We think we've achieved that.

We'd like to invite adventurous advertisers to help us to test our new Dynamic Ad System. If you're interested, pls do the following:

1. Ask a graphic designer to create an ad banner (or banners) for you. It/they should be 318 pixels wide, 106 pixels tall, compressed to less than 30kb in the .JPG or .PNG format, and borderless. Then visit https://www.nairaland.com/campaign and upload your ad there.

2. Send me a PM titled "Credit Loading Request" with
a. Your real name, company name if applicable, and phone number.
b. The name, description and web address of each product/service you want to advertise.
c. The amount of credits you wish to load into the system to test it (between 5,000 and 50,000 naira)

If your product/service is suitable for promotion on Nairaland, we will send you our payment details. After we've been notified of your payment by our bank, we'll place the credits in your account as soon as we can. After that, you will be able to start placing your ads anywhere on Nairaland.

Let's partner

NAIRALIKES X NAIRALAND
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/296355[/img]
http://nairalikes.com
Contact me.
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by Youngzedd(m): 7:21am On Oct 17, 2013
@Seun

Come out here and answer the above questions sharperly sharperly.
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by J0nyb0y(m): 7:48am On Oct 17, 2013
as an internet Marketer can i advertise my products and wats the minimum traffic we likely to get?
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by Vicky2k(m): 8:01am On Oct 17, 2013
we are waiting for more adjustments in the new dynamic ad system. I need to use a small budget to test its effectiveness out cos as a small business owner, the return on investment is the most important thing. Have been doing Custom Audience Advertising in Power editor using Facebook and its great but i think Nairaland will offer a more targeted Nigerian Audience. We await your reply

Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by Seun(m): 8:23am On Oct 17, 2013
Leystra: Nice one for a prospective advertiser like me, but I would have prefer the automated one...
Once you load your credits, everything else is automated, though changes to your ads or landing pages would still require our speedy approval.

Abu Mikey: Your Pricelist tho? Some are too expensive, while some are too cheap for their designated section.
Our dynamic pricing algorithm is not 100% perfect, so some sections may be slightly mispriced. We will continue to improve the algorithm with data.
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by deols(f): 8:35am On Oct 17, 2013
@Seun
please answer the question on what happens when 20 ads are in for a section that allows only 6 slots.
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by Seun(m): 8:36am On Oct 17, 2013
Chrisvicmall: From your explanation, I believe that this system is a rotational ads system. My questions are
1.) Let's assume that in a section there are more than 20 advertisers in that section, what is the probability that my ad will appear in a day?
Only 6 advertisers can place ads in a section at a time, and they will pay exactly the same amount. Once there are 6 advertisers in a section, other advertisers won't be able to place ads there. However, each of the 6 advertisers in a section can place an unlimited number of ads there. All the ads you place on a section of Nairaland will be rotated within your slot in the section. The amount you will pay will be the same.

2.) Is it possible for me to know how many times my ads appear in a day.
3.) Is it possible to know the number of clicks my ad receives since the most important thing is not the impression/appearance but the clicks it gets. I want to know how many clicks it receive so that we can be able to make good use of our money and know which section offers the best value.
Yes and yes. We provide estimated stats for unique impressions and unique clicks in our Ad Reports.

4.) Can I pause my ads because I see no reason it should be running between 10:00p.m to 6:00a.m Nigeria time especially when you are targeting Nigeria customers. Leaving the ads running during that period is waste of money and credit
Yes, but:
1) This strategy is largely a waste of your time because our dynamic price algorithm varies your charges throughout the day. You are charged less at times when traffic is low such as at night or during weekends, and you are charged more during peak periods.
2) There is no guarantee that your slot would be free in the morning if you unplace your ads at night. Someone else may have taken it!!
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by neksummi(m): 8:56am On Oct 17, 2013
What types of internet money making products do you accept?
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by planetuzor(m): 9:39am On Oct 17, 2013
Seun have sent in mine! Have uploaded the graphic design and also sent u a pm but there was no place while uploading I saw where I could place the ad in a particular section of choice?
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by planetuzor(m): 10:37am On Oct 17, 2013
Seun my ad has been approved but the price for politics section have changed from what I saw it as yesteday on the list of price list which was 26k to 38k this morning..?
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by Youngzedd(m): 10:49am On Oct 17, 2013
planetuzor: Seun my ad has been approved but the price for politics section have changed from what I saw it as yesteday on the list of price list which was 26k to 38k this morning..?

Latest:
Politics: ₦42,672.05 per week (₦6,096.01 per day)
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by Youngzedd(m): 10:56am On Oct 17, 2013
@Seun

This your method doesn't make sense.
How can one load 5k to advertise for a day and half, but on the process there is increase in traffic (Just as you did today) and you increase the price. That means that the advertiser's budget will collapse because the amount budgeted for a day will not be enough not to talk of the next day.

The price should be fixed!

A lot of work need to be done.

Infant the old method is better.
Re: Nairaland's New Dynamic Ads - Beta Test by planetuzor(m): 11:10am On Oct 17, 2013
Youngzedd: @Seun

This your method doesn't make sense.
How can one load 5k to advertise for a day and half, but on the process there is increase in traffic (Just as you did today) and you increase the price. That means that the advertiser's budget will collapse because the amount budgeted for a day will not be enough not to talk of the next day.

The price should be fixed!

A lot of work need to be done.

Infant the old method is better.

Yeah, seconded... Is there a room to choose the number of days one wants to place the ads. And again why does the cost keep changing.

With what am seeing I still prefer the old system!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Discussion Of Nairaland's New Targeted Ads / First Nairaland Dynamic Ad Design Contest / Results Of Dynamic Ad Design Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.