Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

NYSC Posting To Oil Companies - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Posting To Oil Companies (29593 Views)

Working Your NYSC Posting To A Particular Firmw / FG Overrules NYSC On Posting To Troubled States / Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Posting To Oil Companies by iStan: 5:36pm On Oct 16, 2013
Please anyone who has any info on the Oil & Gas (Energy) Companies that take corpers and the info on how to apply or procedures for the application/exam please help out here. Pls any info on how a corper can work in an Oil company will be highly appreciated here
Re: NYSC Posting To Oil Companies by yokiti: 7:38pm On Oct 16, 2013
Please beware of the advice you will be given here as some of it might be fraud but latent (disguise/ hidden ) in nature.
Wait O, why do you have to stress yourself on the issue of posting to a Oil coy? Good luck on what you have proposed in your heart to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC Posting To Oil Companies by davide470(m): 5:41pm On Oct 24, 2013
With the new policy likely to come on board, I think Corps members would be posted to Oil firms, but..
1. First, you have to work your posting to either Lagos, PH or Abuja
2. For Lagos, some coy dnt accept corpers again like Total E&P, but Total Plc accepts.. Mobil, AMNI, Addax et al still accepts
3. You have to work it in Camp.. Forget about applying to these companies, except u know someone on d inside
4. If u can't work it, try and lobby to get posted to a school on the island, ask for a rejection letter, thereafter go to any of the firms(within the same LG) and ask for a Request letter..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Posting To Oil Companies by checkeni9(f): 8:28am On Oct 26, 2013
Pls are doctors posted to oil companies hospitals?
Re: NYSC Posting To Oil Companies by davide470(m): 9:00am On Oct 26, 2013
checkeni9: Pls are doctors posted to oil companies hospitals?
Sorry maam, even consultants are fighting to enter.. But seriously, if u want to build ur medical knowledge, dnt try working it to any Oil firm hosp.
Re: NYSC Posting To Oil Companies by checkeni9(f): 6:29pm On Oct 26, 2013
davide470:
Sorry maam, even consultants are fighting to enter.. But seriously, if u want to build ur medical knowledge, dnt try working it to any Oil firm hosp.

kk. Thanks
Re: NYSC Posting To Oil Companies by lymelyte(m): 7:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
What do you mean by ask for rejection letter and how can I lobby in?I know I will be posted to lagos.
Please I need your response
Re: NYSC Posting To Oil Companies by davide470(m): 7:33pm On Oct 26, 2013
lymelyte: What do you mean by ask for rejection letter and how can I lobby in?I know I will be posted to lagos.
Asking for a rejection letter is a way of saying you can't serve there based on your reasons "real or imaginary", it depends on u.
To lobby-- getting involved in camp, getting noticed, joining OBS, knowing ur platoon leader, things like that..
Re: NYSC Posting To Oil Companies by chimeluiz: 2:16pm On Oct 27, 2013
Is it now confirmed that corpers are allowed to work outside of Schools, Ministry and LGAs?
If Yes...can I influence my PPA posting using a letter from the company requesting for me...
Abegg who are the main guys in camp dt I can lobby in order to influence my posting?
Last question smiley How influencial is joining OBS I hv heard a lot abt it...Aint it overrated..#JustSayin
Merci
Re: NYSC Posting To Oil Companies by davide470(m): 2:53pm On Oct 27, 2013
chimeluiz: Is it now confirmed that corpers are allowed to work outside of Schools, Ministry and LGAs?
If Yes...can I influence my PPA posting using a letter from the company requesting for me...
Abegg who are the main guys in camp dt I can lobby in order to influence my posting?
Last question smiley How influencial is joining OBS I hv heard a lot abt it...Aint it overrated..#JustSayin
Merci
Don't really know if the policy has been implemented.
U can't influence ur posting in camp with a letter, but you can influence it in camp, by "knowing someone" factor.
Platoon leader, Platoon commander, 'the posting department', State Cord secretary et al
OBS is overrated, Yes! But some guys also gained from it.. So its up to you.
Re: NYSC Posting To Oil Companies by Dehley(m): 6:46pm On Oct 27, 2013
Should we all hope the new posting policy will be fully implemented with the next batch of corps member?
Re: NYSC Posting To Oil Companies by Rickywowoz: 7:27am On Nov 01, 2013
lymelyte: What do you mean by ask for rejection letter and how can I lobby in?I know I will be posted to lagos.
Boss Please how did you in

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC Posting To Oil Companies by chimeluiz: 11:36am On Dec 09, 2013
Okay so I tried working my posting to Lag bt d ogas @ d top took me to Ogun State dere I joined the OBS & yes d state co-ordinator worked our postings herself...It wasn't dt overated after all...
Re: NYSC Posting To Oil Companies by princessisabel(f): 8:47am On Jan 02, 2016
davide470:
With the new policy likely to come on board, I think Corps members would be posted to Oil firms, but..
1. First, you have to work your posting to either Lagos, PH or Abuja
2. For Lagos, some coy dnt accept corpers again like Total E&P, but Total Plc accepts.. Mobil, AMNI, Addax et al still accepts
3. You have to work it in Camp.. Forget about applying to these companies, except u know someone on d inside
4. If u can't work it, try and lobby to get posted to a school on the island, ask for a rejection letter, thereafter go to any of the firms(within the same LG) and ask for a Request letter..
Pls does anyone have any idea on the requirements needed to work my posting to lagos.please if u av any useful info. Drop it ere or reach me on 08027974064
Thanks
Re: NYSC Posting To Oil Companies by gadafi101(m): 11:43am On Jan 02, 2016
Working ur posting to lagos really depends on what happens in camp. First u must have a medical report from a reputable clinic in lagos so u will be redeployed to lagos on health grounds.

Make friends with ur platoon officer nd probably the relocation officer on camp so they effect ur deployment.

Once u hv been redeployed to lagos state, u go to d secretariat nd submit ur relocation letter if approved. They will message u went to come nd open a file der nd register under lagos state. At this point, wen registering, is wen u can submit a request letter from the company u desire to work with.

Please don't be fooled, nysc office lagos state don't post corpers to banks, oil companies, hotels, nd multinationals.

This is a seamless process if u hv someone to guide u along d way.

God be with u.
Re: NYSC Posting To Oil Companies by Walexsammy(m): 7:19am On Jan 03, 2016
iStan:
Please anyone who has any info on the Oil & Gas (Energy) Companies that take corpers and the info on how to apply or procedures for the application/exam please help out here. Pls any info on how a corper can work in an Oil company will be highly appreciated here
With the new policy they dont..asing officially. buh if u can have ur way with the head of deployment and relocation, with a request letter..then ofcuz, itz possible

1 Like

Re: NYSC Posting To Oil Companies by adakoleagbenu: 12:43pm On Jan 03, 2016
chimeluiz:
Okay so I tried working my posting to Lag bt d ogas @ d top took me to Ogun State dere I joined the OBS & yes d state co-ordinator worked our postings herself...It wasn't dt overated after all...
Bros tell dem. OBS is nt overrated at all. There's a reason why people struggle to join. From experience, we were practically asked to fill in wherever we wanted to serve in Camp,and were posted there.
Re: NYSC Posting To Oil Companies by toseman(m): 9:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
It is not only in Lagos,Abuja or PH you can serve in an O&G coy.
Delta state,warri especially, Calabar,Bayelsa,in short Niger Delta States afford you the Opportunity to serve in an O&G Coy provided you've got the right connects.

1 Share

Re: NYSC Posting To Oil Companies by Uricas(m): 11:32pm On Jan 12, 2016
What did you guys mean by OBS?

(1) (Reply)

Corps Member Surprises His Military Dad And Teacher Mum (Photos, Video) / Crises In NYSC Over Deductions From Corpers Allowee / 2 Corpers Die In Accident In Katsina (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.