Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,136 members, 7,780,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:58 AM

British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme (9691 Views)

Guinness Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015 / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / Top 100 Best University In Nigeria – 2013 University Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 16, 2013
British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN) , in conjunction with British American Tobacco Iseyin Agronomy (BATIA) invites applications from qualified Nigerian undergraduates, for the 2013/2014 Scholarship Scheme.

The Scholarship Scheme is one of our Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives to promote skilled manpower development in Nigeria’s Agricultural sector.

In 2005, the scope of the Scholarship Scheme was expanded to include eligible students from across the country. This expansion was based on stakeholder expectations raised at a stakeholder dialogue session. Ten eligible students are awarded scholarships every year for the duration of their study, with five slots reserved for eligible children of BAT registered tobacco farmers.

In the event that the farmers’ children do not meet the eligibility requirements, those five slots are opened up to candidates from tobacco leaf growing communities (not farmers’ children). In the event that they also do not meet the eligibility requirements, the five slots are opened up to candidates from other parts of Oyo State.

However, students who are children of BAT registered tobacco farmers are now being given the opportunity to apply for other courses asides from Agriculture.

2013/2014 BATN / BATIA SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME

The Scheme is open to:
Qualified candidates who are children of BAT registered tobacco farmers.
Other qualified candidates from across Nigeria.
Entry Requirements
All applicants must be Nigerian citizens aged 18 years or above
For children of BAT registered tobacco farmers – admission to study or registered first year student studying any course in a Nigerian tertiary institution.
For other applicants across Nigeria – admission to study or registered first year student studying Agriculture / Agriculture-related course in a Nigerian tertiary institution
Holders of the SSCE or its equivalent with at least six subjects passed in one sitting.
Application Closing Date
Monday, 28th October, 2013

How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the above criteria should please visit our website at:
www.batnigeria.com
Click the tab Sustainability.
Go to Corporate Social Responsibility.
Follow the instructions under BATN/BATIA 2013/2014 Scholarship Scheme.
OR

Click Here To Apply Online > http://41.58.134.10/batnscholarship/

Important Points To Note

All applicants are required to provide active contact addresses, phone numbers and email addresses which must be traceable and valid for the next 9 months.
Applicants who miss test invitations due to non-functional phone numbers or email addresses will not be given additional consideration.
Hardcopy and multiple applications will result in instant disqualification
Successful applicants will be listed on the website.
Students who are currently on similar Scholarship Schemes need not apply.

source: http://.com/jobs/british-american-tobacco-nigeria-batn-bat-iseyin-agronomy-batia-20132014-undergraduate-scholarship-scheme/
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by samley19(m): 6:29am On Oct 17, 2013
pls can a pharmacy pt2 guy register, nd hw du i join d association frst
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 18, 2013
samley19: pls can a pharmacy pt2 guy register, nd hw du i join d association frst
dude pls follow bak. I have a question for yu
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by nnocurruption: 9:13am On Oct 25, 2013
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by jaryeh(m): 9:13am On Oct 25, 2013
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by Okijajuju1(m): 9:19am On Oct 25, 2013
If qualification for this scheme is not limited to smokers of Benson & Hedges and other products of this British American Tobacco, then I shall write a protest letter to the company.. angry

1 Like

Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by ayers11: 9:20am On Oct 25, 2013
Finally, I get to post a comment ......I'v been trying for a pretty long time. Anywaez, iz the scholarship limited to students studyin agriculture or those intending to?
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by akereconfi: 9:22am On Oct 25, 2013
what about Marijuana farmer's children

1 Like

Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by Impulse80(m): 9:26am On Oct 25, 2013
akereconfi: what about Marijuana farmer's children
yes you can apply
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by kerijay(m): 9:31am On Oct 25, 2013
What about weed smokers....It will pay off to ardent weed addicts

1 Like

Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 25, 2013
It's for those who plant and smoke tobacco. It's not for all Nigerians. Eventhough the effect from smoking endangers every Nigerian, the scholarship is selective and negligibly few, while the hazard people suffer from smoking and the environmental impact is enormous. National Assembly should come into this matter please..
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by Sllowppoisoon: 9:32am On Oct 25, 2013
K
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by Mexyz(m): 9:38am On Oct 25, 2013
Its clearly written in d article, if u re studyn agricultural course or related course(apply) if not, den u re nt eligible to apply. If u re a child of BAT registered farmer(apply) if u dnt fall in any of d above categories, DON'T APPLY. Shikena.
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by dayo23(f): 9:50am On Oct 25, 2013
SMOKE THAT WEED WHILE READING CALL IT HIGHER EDUCATION grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by Okijajuju1(m): 9:53am On Oct 25, 2013
Okon ikott: It's for those who plant and smoke tobacco. It's not for all Nigerians. Eventhough the effect from smoking endangers every Nigerian, the scholarship is selective and negligibly few, while the hazard people suffer from smoking and the environmental impact is enormous. National Assembly should come into this matter please..

See this one o!!

So when smokers endanger their lives, get criticsm from non-smokers and even get discriminated against sef by non-smokers, its OKAY.
But when time to give out awoof that resulted from Tobacco and smoking of the tobacco that non-smokers hate so much, the money should be for all..

Shey you see yourself?!

Nna if you know say you need this awoof, better go and meet your nearset Aboki and invest into your life.. grin

The National assembly has no jurisdiction over this matter. BAT pays their taxes and other Government levies required of them and thats all.
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by priscasmart(f): 9:54am On Oct 25, 2013
This is a Good opportuinity for those studying agriculture, they've been neglected for too long.
Tis a pity Im not qualified
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by marshborn(m): 9:54am On Oct 25, 2013
Can we the children of cannabis farmers apply?
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by kittywitty85(f): 10:25am On Oct 25, 2013
wot of those dat avn't gain adminssion into ny institution buh av d intention of studying food tech in uni...
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by gboso1ne(m): 10:30am On Oct 25, 2013
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF HEALTH WARNS THAT SMOKERS ARE LIABLE TO DIE YOUNG.

I REST MY CASE
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by gboso1ne(m): 10:32am On Oct 25, 2013
marshborn: Can we the children of cannabis farmers apply?
of course expecially children of commercial growers like you
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by WizPrince1(m): 10:35am On Oct 25, 2013
Some how good but the part with which those eligible is what i don't understand clearly
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by pjosh1(m): 11:01am On Oct 25, 2013
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by Bishop4bella(m): 11:09am On Oct 25, 2013
Ehn
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by Okijajuju1(m): 11:17am On Oct 25, 2013
gboso1ne: FEDERAL MINISTRY OF HEALTH WARNS THAT SMOKERS ARE LIABLE TO DIE YOUNG.

I REST MY CASE

Federal Ministry of Health:
NOTICE; Smokers, Children of Smokers, Tobacco Farmers, Children of Tabacco Farmers and Student Somkers are liable to get an Education free of charge.

Thats All..
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 25, 2013
kittywitty85: wot of those dat avn't gain adminssion into ny institution buh av d intention of studying food tech in uni...

9jerians nd dea questns sha!! Avin d intentn 2 study does dat qualify u as an undergraduate?? Leme xplain in pidgin.. Gurl na 4 ppl wey dy tertiary institutn wey dy do agric or sumtin wey concern agric nd dose wey dea papa na registered tobacco farmers.. If u dy among dis 2 u fit apply, if not go read ur book..

Terms & Conditions Apply
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by Okijajuju1(m): 11:37am On Oct 25, 2013
Damager:

9jerians nd dea questns sha!! Avin d intentn 2 study does dat qualify u as an undergraduate?? Leme xplain in pidgin.. Gurl na 4 ppl wey dy tertiary institutn wey dy do agric or sumtin wey concern agric nd dose wey dea papa na registered tobacco farmers.. If u dy among dis 2 u fit apply, if not go read ur book..

Terms & Conditions Apply

So this na Pidgin wey you speak so?! grin

Make I help you;

Madam Kitty Witty

I dey plan to go school and I dey school no be the same thing o!!

This awoof bonanza wey the people wey dey manufacture cigar for we contry 9ja don bring come so na for 10 lucky pikins dem wey don already enter for university to take go school without school fees and not on credit.. grin

This Awoof promo na for the following peoples;

Everybody wey dey for we country so wey dey university.. But them go first consider the following class of people for this awwof before others

1. Pikins dem wey their Papa and Mama deir work na to dey plant cigar and dem don register with British American Tobacco Compin as cigar farmers.

2. Pikins from Community wey their number one handwork na to dey plant cigar.

The people wey no suppose apply for the awoof Bonanza so na;

- Pikins dem wey their papa and mama dey for this compin wey dey do this awoof no suppose apply o!

Although them no write am in clear terms for the matter, but;

- If you dey smoke Gbana, Wee-wee, Claru, Sk, High grade, goof, gay, i-gbo, e.t.c, make you no apply o!! Na Police go cramp you.
- If you dey smoke cigar dem like Benson, Rothmans, St.Moritz and other cigar dem wey BAT dey do, you fit apply..
- If your lips don black from Cigar wey you don dey smoke since, you fit apply.
- If you no dey buy packet only counting, make you no apply o!!

If you know say you no dey smoke cigar before and you wan apply for this awoof, them say make you write your name for paper, attach 20 cigar wey you don smoke together with the 20 cover of the cigar packet send go their office..

TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY...

3 Likes

Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by princemmab(m): 12:20pm On Oct 25, 2013
samley19: pls can a pharmacy pt2 guy register, nd hw du i join d association frst

Unimaid?
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 25, 2013
Okija_juju:

Make I help you;

Madam Kitty Witty

This awoof bonanza wey the people wey dey manufacture cigar for we contry 9ja don bring come so na for 10 lucky pikins dem wey don already enter for university to take go school without school fees and not on credit.. grin

Everybody wey dey for we country so wey dey university.. But them go first consider the following class of people for this awwof before others

1. Pikins dem wey their Papa and Mama deir work na to dey plant cigar and dem don register with British American Tobacco Compin as cigar farmers.

- Pikins dem wey their papa and mama dey for this compin wey dey do this awoof no suppose apply o!

- If you dey smoke Gbana, Wee-wee, Claru, Sk, High grade, goof, gay, i-gbo, e.t.c, make you no apply o!! Na Police go cramp you.
- If you dey smoke cigar dem like Benson, Rothmans, St.Moritz and other cigar dem wey BAT dey do, you fit apply..

If you know say you no dey smoke cigar before and you wan apply for this awoof, them say make you write your name for paper, attach 20 cigar wey you don smoke together with the 20 cover of the cigar packet send go their office..

what are we supposed to feel?
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by bigt2(m): 12:26pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ok.. This is for smokers right?
THE FEDERAL MINISTRY OF HEALTH WARNS THAT SMOKERS ARE LIABLE TO DIE YOUNG!
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by excell12go(m): 1:56pm On Oct 25, 2013
iv4fb: British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN) , in conjunction with British American Tobacco Iseyin Agronomy (BATIA) invites applications from qualified Nigerian undergraduates, for the 2013/2014 Scholarship Scheme.

The Scholarship Scheme is one of our Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives to promote skilled manpower development in Nigeria’s Agricultural sector.

In 2005, the scope of the Scholarship Scheme was expanded to include eligible students from across the country. This expansion was based on stakeholder expectations raised at a stakeholder dialogue session. Ten eligible students are awarded scholarships every year for the duration of their study, with five slots reserved for eligible children of BAT registered tobacco farmers.

In the event that the farmers’ children do not meet the eligibility requirements, those five slots are opened up to candidates from tobacco leaf growing communities (not farmers’ children). In the event that they also do not meet the eligibility requirements, the five slots are opened up to candidates from other parts of Oyo State.

However, students who are children of BAT registered tobacco farmers are now being given the opportunity to apply for other courses asides from Agriculture.

2013/2014 BATN / BATIA SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME

The Scheme is open to:
Qualified candidates who are children of BAT registered tobacco farmers.
Other qualified candidates from across Nigeria.
Entry Requirements
All applicants must be Nigerian citizens aged 18 years or above
For children of BAT registered tobacco farmers – admission to study or registered first year student studying any course in a Nigerian tertiary institution.
For other applicants across Nigeria – admission to study or registered first year student studying Agriculture / Agriculture-related course in a Nigerian tertiary institution
Holders of the SSCE or its equivalent with at least six subjects passed in one sitting.
Application Closing Date
Monday, 28th October, 2013

How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the above criteria should please visit our website at:
www.batnigeria.com
Click the tab Sustainability.
Go to Corporate Social Responsibility.
Follow the instructions under BATN/BATIA 2013/2014 Scholarship Scheme.
OR

Click Here To Apply Online > http://41.58.134.10/batnscholarship/

Important Points To Note

All applicants are required to provide active contact addresses, phone numbers and email addresses which must be traceable and valid for the next 9 months.
Applicants who miss test invitations due to non-functional phone numbers or email addresses will not be given additional consideration.
Hardcopy and multiple applications will result in instant disqualification
Successful applicants will be listed on the website.
Students who are currently on similar Scholarship Schemes need not apply.

source: http://.com/jobs/british-
american-tobacco-nigeria-batn-bat-iseyin-agronomy-batia-20132014-undergraduate-scholarship-scheme/
Ok
Re: British American Tobacco Nigeria 2013/2014 Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme by onlyme07(m): 4:24pm On Oct 25, 2013
Okija_juju:

Make I help you;

Madam Kitty Witty

I no too dey laugh to jokes but ur pidgin na tears i dey see for my eyes.. Funny dude

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gregory University, Abia To Make Igbo Language A Compulsory Course / Oye Ekiti Federal University Updates / FUTO Senate Approves Updated 2012/2013 Academic Calendar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.