Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? (14362 Views)

The Mixed Reactions Between Obj And Gej At The Handover Ceremony / See Photos Of Buhari And His Children In Abuja As They Prepare For The Handover / Photo: Handover Of Electoral Materials In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by adex2000ng(m): 7:02pm On Oct 17, 2013
Abariwiseman: Na fresh air, I take dey sleep

Are you trying to say that you have never had light the handover? Go for an inverter bro.
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by kingdanoutfit(m): 7:21pm On Oct 17, 2013
Fair but wrong timing...
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by pet7: 7:39pm On Oct 17, 2013
sucessor companies have nt started operations they wil hand over to dem til 1 nov 2013
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by pet7: 7:41pm On Oct 17, 2013
mumu plenty for nairaland physical handover is till 1st nov 2013
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by dungdusugyang(m): 7:50pm On Oct 17, 2013
playmode: My friend landed in Nigeria on Saturday from South Africa and he has been calling me complaining like a modafocker. He initially planned to stay in Nigeria for a month but has now reduced his stay to 12 days.He told me Nigeria is worse than he remembered and that all the stories about improvements in the power sector are actually lies.This Dude who has never been without electricity for the past five years only to go back to that dustbin nation and be subject to generator noise,intense heat and generator fumes.FRESH AIR

Nigeria will never progress,no be curse na fact because Nigerians are enemies of progress.Come next election they will go out like the mumus they are and vote for Jonathan again.No wonder the westerners call Nigeria the dustbin of the world inhabited the dumbest humans who keep on repeating the same mistakes without leaning from them. Chai see modern day slaves.
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by dungdusugyang(m): 7:54pm On Oct 17, 2013
playmode: My friend landed in Nigeria on Saturday from South Africa and he has been calling me complaining like a modafocker. He initially planned to stay in Nigeria for a month but has now reduced his stay to 12 days.He told me Nigeria is worse than he remembered and that all the stories about improvements in the power sector are actually lies.This Dude who has never been without electricity for the past five years only to go back to that dustbin nation and be subject to generator noise,intense heat and generator fumes.FRESH AIR

Nigeria will never progress,no be curse na fact because Nigerians are enemies of progress.Come next election they will go out like the mumus they are and vote for Jonathan again.No wonder the westerners call Nigeria the dustbin of the world inhabited the dumbest humans who keep on repeating the same mistakes without leaning from them. Chai see modern day slaves.
"Dusbin nation/mumu ppl"? bro like say u get dusbin/mumu/bad mouth ooo. Jst sayin sha.
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by leofab(f): 8:55pm On Oct 17, 2013

Ordained fool of the first order, which cathedral were you ordained? 'A Simple Question deserves a simple Answer'
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by olorire2013: 8:57pm On Oct 17, 2013
Fellow Nigerians,if u know d depth of d rot u will be patient wt d new owners of PHCN.I believe these guys have invested huge amount and would want to start reaping soon.We av bn patient for more than two decades,let's be patient for a little time more.Good people Great nation!
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by ceze(m): 9:03pm On Oct 17, 2013
In my area no improvement. Na only for my area dem dey spread wire when rain fall. When it rains, it coul d take a week before we see light
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by leofab(f): 9:04pm On Oct 17, 2013
Melahou: formally it was 15- 20 hrs every day
but now they only give 10mins a day to iron ur shirt/cloth.
if you miss that 10mins then you wait till the nxt day.

10mins? Lie lie, enemy of progress. Get a life please......
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by leofab(f): 9:19pm On Oct 17, 2013
Garri_Activist: I see no changes, wake up in the morning and ask myself
Is life worth living or should I blast myself?
Our leaders dem dey maaad dem no fit help
Na so so thief dem dey thief e be like dem nuh well
Na which kain life be dis? Poor man dey suffer, rich man dey chop cheese
Na who come be d fool? As man no fit go school.
Our leaders suck pass mosquito wey dey carry malaria
No light for my area, oh my Nigeria!
garri activist indeed. Search for more lyrics and paste. Meluu
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Jimohsunday: 9:29pm On Oct 17, 2013
It has improved now where am doing my services year
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by leofab(f): 9:40pm On Oct 17, 2013
Jimoh sunday: It has improved now where am doing my services year
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by leofab(f): 9:42pm On Oct 17, 2013
Jimoh sunday: It has improved now where am doing my services year
is that English? Akpa amu like you. Hope you ain't a 'youth corp'.
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by patrkq(m): 9:57pm On Oct 17, 2013
Okija_juju: [b]I still spend 2500 naira everyday on Petrol (25 litres) for my generator..

In fairness, they do bring the light sometimes after midnight. But my law is that if by 10p.m when I am about to sleep there is no light, my Generator will run till daybreak when I go to work as I cant wake up in the middle of the night to change over due to both the achitectural layout of my flat and my deep sleep pattern. The security men in the estate are utterly useless and cant help me with regards to turning off my generator when light comes at night.

Based on this, I can only say that light has started coming in my estate in Oniru, which is an improvement from the 24hrs total blackout I use to experience before. But the above reason still makes me spend money on petrol which I cant fully blame on the new Electricity company. For example, last night, the light went off by 9:30.. I waited till 10:45 before putting on my generator to sleep. I woke up this morning to see that there was Public Power supply.. I couldnt tell what time the light was restored in the middle of the night.

However, for me to rate them properly, I think this method of random power supply should cease immediately. A timed method should be adopted. Tell me what time of the day I will have power and for what duration so that I can better plan myself. This method of bring light today by 1pm, tomorrow by 8, next by 4, e.t.c is rubbish and dosent make for a good assessment of improvement per se. If I am guaranteed 12hours of light a day, every 12 hours, its better for me than this current method of 30mins light now, another 2 hrs power later, anothe 6 hrs another time, back to no light for 3 days straight, e.t.c.. [/b]
2500 naira on fuel daily... 75000 monthly! Am i d only one seeing dis?
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Gabrilo: 11:32pm On Oct 17, 2013
Below par
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Jiteshell(f): 11:45pm On Oct 17, 2013
I used to have 24 hours of light, now i just have 20. Dey take it 4rm 6pm to 10pm.
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by 3kay945(m): 11:50pm On Oct 17, 2013
Light is now gold in my area, only we the rich can avoid it. I pity the poor folks coolLight is now gold in my area, only we the rich can avoid it. I pity the poor folks
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by oc2fish: 7:35am On Oct 18, 2013
Worst in my area Asaba
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Adexbaba99: 8:19am On Oct 18, 2013
Its very obvious
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by ijeky: 8:55am On Oct 18, 2013
247 in fagba
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by begwong: 11:17am On Oct 18, 2013
Damn improving in Jos,i witnessed 3days... still witnessing with steady light!
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:27am On Oct 18, 2013
patrkq: 2500 naira on fuel daily... 75000 monthly! Am i d only one seeing dis?

Why?!

Are you surprised?!

in fact its about 2700 Naira sef because that 25 litre Jerrycan is actually 27litres.

So by the time I fill up the Gen, I have a little left.. by morning, i pour whats left into the generator (which barely amounts to anything reasonable) and go refill the jerrycan.. Then the cycle continues..

My brother, No make me tell you wetin man dey use eye see.. Thats why I said it that I will gladly pay 50'k a month on light bill as long as the light is constant because it costs more to run a generator in the end and the generator is not even 24hrs yet you spend mre than you would pay for electricity bills.
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 18, 2013
will are enjoyin 22hrs steady light ova here at new oko oba area everyday., thanks to gudluk.
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 18, 2013
ade_mutiu:
Hard to believe but that is the truth. I stay in abule egba and power is like 22hrs for now
u are dam right, wil enjoy more than 22hrs power supply ova here at New Oko Oba Area too.
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 18, 2013
no light since three weeks
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Wealthlex(m): 6:03pm On Oct 18, 2013
4 my side,orile sari iganmu is people wht 2 finish us with darkness...and i funing tins is dey giv light 2 coker everyday..i m height disappionted.
gratiaeo: It is getting worse by the day here
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by adex2000ng(m): 9:08pm On Oct 18, 2013
austino71: no light since three weeks

U are damn right. But i do not give a darn damn about it cos i got all d necessary supplies. But why are they doing this. I have to waste money to
buy fuel to charge my inverter. crying
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by israel7732: 7:28am On Oct 19, 2013
pure sine wave inverter is what you need.
Technology: Digital micro processor design for reliable performance.
Output: 230volts ac at 50Hz. pure sine wave.
charging: Robust and rugged Cc/Cv charger with 4 STAGES charging algorithm to prolong batteries' life span.
Protections: Overload protection, short circuit protection, deep battery discharge protection, battery over charge protection etc.
Controls: Remote controller and front button.
Change Over: Fast change over between mains and inverter mode without loss of power. just like ups.
User interaction: Wide LCD display showing Device status, battery level in percentage, load level in percentage, etc. Alarm notification for low battery and over load.
Warranty: 1 full year.
800va 12volts #25,000<br />
1500va 24volts #40,000<br />
2500va 24volts #60,000<br />
3000va 24volts #70,000<br />
3000va 48volts #85,000<br />
5000va 48volts #140,000<br />
5000va 96volts #160,000<br />
10000va 96volts #220,000<br />
10000va 180volts #260,000
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by Ogojohn(m): 8:49pm On Oct 20, 2013
Stallion77: Too early to determine sha. ...I give them 30 days. ...
Mumu. They are yet to take physical control of the establishment. It is suppose to come up by first of November bearing any hitch.
Re: What's The Power Supply Situation In Your Area Since The Handover Of PHCN? by DoubleN(m): 7:34am On Nov 16, 2013
Soluyi Gbagada. No Power for 3 weeks now! Comes for 1 hour every 4 days or so.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area / Ex-police Ig, Okiro, Denies Stealing N275m; Says Own Aide Set Him Up / More Pictures Of Nnamdi Kanu Inside European Union Headquarters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.