Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,636 members, 7,801,835 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? (17023 Views)

Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies / Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by tpia5: 8:26pm On Oct 17, 2013
I dont believe so, @ topic.
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by Victorchuks4(m): 8:32pm On Oct 17, 2013
Its comedy. If u use kids it won't make sense
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 17, 2013
None of my Biz,,if they like they should call my grandpa to play the role..grin

Btw Is Ini Edo now a comedian?..just asking
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by mariong(m): 8:40pm On Oct 17, 2013
fckyourman: Why not, is not a comedy movie ?

If they cast children in the movie, it wouldn't be a comedy movie then.

for example the movie LITTLEMAN American hollywood blockbuster, the actor was cast to play a children role to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Man_(2006_film)

You Nigerians are the worst set of hypocrites on earth.
I see nothing wrong with it being that it's a comedy but that doesn't make it comparable to little man cos he wasn't playing the role of a kid (remember he's a criminal), his stunted growth was the reason he could pretend to be a kid.

The guy is trying to make a point thou, as we all know, in Nollywood roles meant for teenagers are played by all those 40+ actors, it explains why you don't have young sensational actors/actresses in the industry.

1 Like

Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by dridowu: 8:46pm On Oct 17, 2013
tegabetty:
Pls how does adult playin d role of children affect d young ones 4rm growin in2 adult....ow many nigerian kids can act like funke or ini or nkem....we shud jst aprct d movie 4 wat it is which is a comedy
hmmmmm, if dos dat are acting b4 funke,ini, nkem continue will dy have chance to proof dmself ? Gve room to younger once to nurture their God given talent
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by habiolah(m): 8:54pm On Oct 17, 2013
If nollywood wan act the script of the movie 'Baby's day out', I sure say na Funke Akindele go dey crawl around like that lil boy. And for 'Dennis the menace, or Home alone', na boy alinko or nkem owoh. Crap!
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by princesbamz: 8:55pm On Oct 17, 2013
hmmm amn splashless enjoy dat rile bt me just imagine my self acrting
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by princesbamz: 8:56pm On Oct 17, 2013
hmmm amn splashless enjoy dat role bt me just imagine my self acrting

1 Like

Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by ksam(m): 8:57pm On Oct 17, 2013
When we have young talented guys like me just wasting cus the likes of Jim iyke and co don't want to give way for us...go to the US and see how the young ones are making wave,,having kids celebrities.but u can't see that in Nigeria movies..movies like twilight saga,vampire diaries and so many others are movies with young and talented actors,now they are making wave...Nigeria movie industry should grow up cus they are only growing old....
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by jascon1(m): 8:58pm On Oct 17, 2013
it is a colossal disgrace that even at this point in time Hollywood is still at its embryonic state. i hear people say we are the 3rd movie producers in the world, and we are chasing Hollywood. people fail to understand that it is only being quantified and no measure of standard is attached to the phrase when they say "number of films produced in a year". why wont we have so much when all films have part 1, 2,3 and some even have 5 parts all coming out sequentially in just one year. half of our tape on Nollywood films are adverts, names of actors and all stoopeed craps that will be repeated at the end. production is absolutely compared to holiday presentations by kids suffering from down-syndrome. the actors are simply drug addicts who raise the tone of their voices at every action, classless actors without trained skills in acting, poor costuming, poor location, poor directing, unmusical and ear-piercing soundtracks, poor budgeting and very amateurish story-line.
our actors have no shame nor dignity. no class or choice for roles. everything isnt comedy. being stoopid is different being funny. how could osuofia at his age stoop to roles of that sought? where are we heading? need fans remind ini-edo that she needs to be assigned a bed in the psychiatric homes for having acted that sheety role?
ughr... the last time i met a friend watching a nollywood film i sat for ten minutes and almost cried for nigerian enetertainment industry. you can imagine the stretch mark i saw all over this actress' skin with no make up to hide her defects and yet she was all exposing all for her sexy role.

3 Likes

Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by misled: 9:00pm On Oct 17, 2013
There is nothing wrong with it, that is why it is comedy. I am looking forward to patience ozokwor and pete edochie goes back to school..
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by adisa204(m): 9:01pm On Oct 17, 2013
What are you guys saying it a movie role,since they are depicted as teens and they look like teens why not,or hw hold to you think elena is in real life 18as they claim im Vampire daires or damon of 33 claiming 21?
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by Zuz0512(f): 9:01pm On Oct 17, 2013
grin grin grin I think it's just silly.

1 Like

Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by IceSplash(f): 9:06pm On Oct 17, 2013
hw cn men wit white hair and full beard play school kids.........abeg they should use teenagers for those parts
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by IceSplash(f): 9:13pm On Oct 17, 2013
adisa204: What are you guys saying it a movie role,since they are depicted as teens and they look like teens why not,or hw hold to you think elena is in real life 18as they claim im Vampire daires or damon of 33 claiming 21?
buh she looks 18 nd damon as well.compare dat 2 nkem owoh acting a school kid,im sure u cn tell d diff is clear
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by 3ace(m): 9:22pm On Oct 17, 2013
Tholudee: If na children dey dia, so wia is d comedy?
What about "home alone"? Anyway, I think our own way of acting is different from theirs.
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by sammoe(m): 9:24pm On Oct 17, 2013
Sincerely, it ticks me off when peeps who've got next to no clue about acting,script writing etc say stuff all in the name of having an opinion.

@post. It depends on the script; the purpose of the film; the emotions it's supposed to create. I haven't seen the flick in question but it comes across as a comedy.
It's different from depicting school life from the perspective of a child. Examples abound of such child actors in Naija & elsewhere.
This is opposed to casting adults in teenage roles...if they look the part, fine!

1 Like

Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by respectment(m): 9:28pm On Oct 17, 2013
It pains me the way some village slowpoke will come up on a social network like this and start talking shit, some claims they don't watch nollywood movies yet they know all the actors and actresses by name. Please nigerians should get matured and more civilized , if you say that you don't watch nollywood movies that makes you a big fool and you are blind, try to patronize yourselves first, bunch of Fools . Here in UK everybody loves nigerian movies and that makes me proud of my country. I Love Nigeria, I love Nollywood, have you ever ask if the europeans really watch their own movies, that's why its over the market down in nigeria , we don't watch hollywood, WE All Watch NollyWood!!!
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by everyday: 9:37pm On Oct 17, 2013
Seeing Nigerian actors playing the role of children is pathetic

1 Like

Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by tpia5: 9:44pm On Oct 17, 2013
habiolah: If nollywood wan act the script of the movie 'Baby's day out', I sure say na Funke Akindele go dey crawl around like that lil boy. And for 'Dennis the menace, or Home alone', na boy alinko or nkem owoh. Crap!

Did you say baby's day out?

Anyway nigerians or should i say nollywood fans, have a strong tolerance for the absurd, they might actually enjoy such.

1 Like

Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by Ninilowo(m): 9:48pm On Oct 17, 2013
flolancracker: This osufia guy will never have sense. See as he dey laugh self
I dont like him much...he talks too much in film
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 17, 2013
How do you define acting? The ability to act any role is what acting is. Hell yes, Old ppl can act as If they're young, young ppl can disguise as if they're old. Dead person self can act as if he's alive undecided. Am I making sense? grin
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by MicroBox: 9:50pm On Oct 17, 2013
Ofcourse Nigeria gat smart and brillant kids they normally use for such role i.e Ini edo cannot play if the kid is to be kidnap,
But when it comes to pure comedy, i strongly believe that funke can fit in.
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by IamSylva(m): 9:57pm On Oct 17, 2013
prettyblack: Nonsense irresponsiblity of d heighest order
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by tintingz(m): 10:04pm On Oct 17, 2013
Imagine that Jaden smith(will smith son) acting action film "After Earth" this kids are talented, our nigeria adult actors are killing the talent of this children

"Dennis movie" see how that little boy played his role, home alone is among , baby day out imagine a baby acting main character in the movie, cheesy

Cheaper by the Dozen

Karate kid(Jaden smith)

Home Alone

Baby's day out

Dennis the Menace

This are kids acting lead role in movies, adults should leave the kid role for the kids to act tho this Osofia and funke movie is a story of adult that didn't go through prymary/secondary school making it a comedy movie. Am still waiting for Nigeria movie that kids are the main character.

Nollywood should step up. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by ogbronx(m): 10:07pm On Oct 17, 2013
wetin go make me watch home vids in the first place
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by chreldb(m): 10:17pm On Oct 17, 2013
fckyourman: Why not, is not a comedy movie ?

If they cast children in the movie, it wouldn't be a comedy movie then.

for example the movie LITTLEMAN American hollywood blockbuster, the actor was cast to play a children role to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Man_(2006_film)

You Nigerians are the worst set of hypocrites on earth.

He was not playing a child's role. He was a grown man pretending to be a child and people fell for it because he was a midget.
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by ogbronx(m): 10:18pm On Oct 17, 2013
respectment: It pains me the way some village slowpoke will come up on a social network like this and start talking shit, some claims they don't watch nollywood movies yet they know all the actors and actresses by name. Please nigerians should get matured and more civilized , if you say that you don't watch nollywood movies that makes you a big fool and you are blind, try to patronize yourselves first, bunch of Fools . Here in UK everybody loves nigerian movies and that makes me proud of my country. I Love Nigeria, I love Nollywood, have you ever ask if the europeans really watch their own movies, that's why its over the market down in nigeria , we don't watch hollywood, WE All Watch NollyWood!!!
Being in the UK does not mean shit here. there are those who are more mentally sophisticated that parochial movies does not satisfy. when you call such people fools,i wonder what they will call you. An idiot?

1 Like

Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by ogbronx(m): 10:24pm On Oct 17, 2013
jascon1: it is a colossal disgrace that even at this point in time Hollywood is still at its embryonic state. i hear people say we are the 3rd movie producers in the world, and we are chasing Hollywood. people fail to understand that it is only being quantified and no measure of standard is attached to the phrase when they say "number of films produced in a year". why wont we have so much when all films have part 1, 2,3 and some even have 5 parts all coming out sequentially in just one year. half of our tape on Nollywood films are adverts, names of actors and all stoopeed craps that will be repeated at the end. production is absolutely compared to holiday presentations by kids suffering from down-syndrome. the actors are simply drug addicts who raise the tone of their voices at every action, classless actors without trained skills in acting, poor costuming, poor location, poor directing, unmusical and ear-piercing soundtracks, poor budgeting and very amateurish story-line.
our actors have no shame nor dignity. no class or choice for roles. everything isnt comedy. being stoopid is different being funny. how could osuofia at his age stoop to roles of that sought? where are we heading? need fans remind ini-edo that she needs to be assigned a bed in the psychiatric homes for having acted that sheety role?
ughr... the last time i met a friend watching a nollywood film i sat for ten minutes and almost cried for nigerian enetertainment industry. you can imagine the stretch mark i saw all over this actress' skin with no make up to hide her defects and yet she was all exposing all for her sexy role.
God bless you! tell them abeg
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by buoye1(m): 10:41pm On Oct 17, 2013
Its all abt d money
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by VMLTDSMS(m): 10:46pm On Oct 17, 2013
THE PRODUCERS LACKS PROFESSIONALISM,THERE IS 1001 STUDENT WHO COULD BE NURTURED TO PERFECT THE UNDEAGE ROLE......USA HOLLYWOOD PRODUCERS AND DIRECTORS WOULD SPEND TIME TO SPRING OUT SOME1 WHO HAS SAME FACE WITH G W BUSH TO PERFECT THE STORY LINE OF REAL BUSH....NOLLYWOOD PRODUCERS ARE BEEN UNNECESSARY SELFISH AND MISE TO AVOID EXTRA SPENDING...THEY ARE INTERESTED TO SPEND LESS TO MAKE LARGE PROFIT.........I COMMEND IROKOTV OF THEIR PROFESSIONALISM,ALOT OF THEIR MOVIE SPONSORED PROJECTS ARE SUPERB AND LOOKS REAL
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 17, 2013
dani1luv: [img]http://2.bp..com/-SMZfA-N-6Aw/Ul-uMqLxs4I/AAAAAAAAF8Q/6zXNIIdVvro/s1600/7AF5D607-9730-4481-85DF-83B04BC9AA1D.JPG[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-35D4caD_i8E/Ul-3zqLSMXI/AAAAAAAAF9A/hi0TE339XYo/s1600/B872D643-D01E-44DB-82D1-5169977F7874.JPG[/img]

So after Ini Edo Shared a picture from a new movie where she is playing the role of Ekaitte. .
A fan replied:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-x8NFD62V9Jc/Ul-1O8WsNBI/AAAAAAAAF80/rfdzc6SNCyg/s1600/fans.png[/img]

Nolloyhood should train kids for suck roles not using old people to play young children. Plz stop behaving like nigerian politician! Calling children leaders of tomorrow and yet not giving them chance to gro n develop!!! So pathetic! We go see mercy johnson go to school, Nkem Owoh go to school! What's that horror!! Haters abuse me all you want oh! But this is a true fact thats affecting out future. .

Do you agree with bankybrown?

Below are pictures of Mercy Johnson, Funke Akindele and Nkem Owoh playing the roles of school children

[img]http://2.bp..com/-KtKjNxays18/Ul-0X7JQurI/AAAAAAAAF8k/NMIDCOt5hQ4/s1600/iniiiii.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-CAHpzUafI10/Ul-0YG50bNI/AAAAAAAAF8o/BpYnt90gdcI/s1600/inniii.jpg[/img]

http://www.yabaleftonline.com/2013/10/dammy-krane-claims-davido-stole-his.html
I disagree on this because playing a role does not mean it is reality of life.yes I agree they should train children for acting but it depends on what the producer has to offer to the public.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Genevieve Nnaji 'Lionheart' Toronto Premiere Tickets Sold Out / BBNaija: Frodd Wins Head Of House / BBNaija: No One Was Evicted, What Happened Was A "Fake" Eviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.