Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,901 members, 7,799,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? (17018 Views)

Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies / Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 18, 2013
fckyourman: Why not, is not a comedy movie ?

If they cast children in the movie, it wouldn't be a comedy movie then.

for example the movie LITTLEMAN American hollywood blockbuster, the actor was cast to play a children role to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Man_(2006_film)

You Nigerians are the worst set of hypocrites on earth.
Note dat he didnt play a kid role bt a dwarf.
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by Qmab: 11:22am On Oct 18, 2013
nollywood actors nd actresses takes d 'fun' out of funny wen it comes to dat. Age is crucial and shuld be put to appropraitre use durin actin. If a adult is to act a younger part they shuld b made to truly look d part.
Besides why minus kids frm movies entirely. They r part of life nd dt shuld also reflect in movies.
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by Okikiade(m): 11:33am On Oct 18, 2013
Pack of shits:Nollywood movies na shits,her actors shits! For how many years we're going to wait for pure quality movie! Basketmouth portrayed it all!Top actors stooping so low,SMH!
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by chinwekzy(m): 12:00pm On Oct 18, 2013
Prettymimic: The truth is that, apart from the comedy aspect, they still do the same thing;using an adult to play the role of a school kid/teen. How many high school movies do we really have in nollywood? Banybrown has a point

You must be dreaming Nigeria act High school film for you? They have not even acted an organised University movie.... Mstheeewww.... Nollywood needs to learn....
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by MrWorldwide2(m): 12:22pm On Oct 18, 2013
Hey people.
Plz let's always try 2 tink b4 we tlk & nt tlk b4 tinkin or tlk witout tinkin.

I sure knw majority of us hv all watchd numerous nollyhood movies where d early lives of a character or two is/are played by different character(s) who hv sm likeness 2 d character dey wld later bcom.

Bt wen dey nw say let's do som comedy and 4 xample use Mercy Johnson or Mr Ibu 2 act as students, I dnt see anytin bad.
D point is, if dey dnt use diz men or women 2 play such roles & dey tend 2 use younger actors/actresses 2 play such roles, we wldnt find it as interestin as it shld hv been.

Bt well, all d same there r cases where d movie aint comedy and dey stil choose 2 use diz old men and women 2 play such roles, dtz where d brain is nw lackin in nollyhood movies.

So all am tryin 2 say is, wen dey say its a comedy and dey use old actors or actresses, den there is ntin bad.
Bt if it's nt comedy and dey nw tend 2 use old actors or actresses 2 play such roles like d early lives of such actors or actresses den its all a flaw.
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by LadyJul(f): 12:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
U guys rili have tym to continue watching 9ja movies. Jeez! I cant even believe sum of u here actually find it interestin to see an old woman act lyk a school gal even if d aim of d movie isnt comedy. Nollywood nids serious development lyk seriously. Na 4 only 9ja u go see ini edo act 10yrs old role, na for only 9ja u go watch d beginning of film and u doh already knw d end even if never watch am before, na 4 only 9ja u go see gal of 40yrs with wrinkle for face dey act lyk 12yrs old pikin.. Na 4 only 9ja u go see enuf copy writes of india and phillipines movies.. Na only 4 9ja u go watch d same story line over and over and over again. Very soon nw dem go call mercy johnson make cum act d role of pikin way dey crawl for ground and some kind pple go stil support am.. Pls nollywood nids to improve their standards and learn frm other standalized international movie industries, and pls learn to allow younga actors develop their skills by givin dem d roles approprate for dem and give dos old actors more approprate roles for their age. As for me i hav stopped watchin 9ja movies bcus they ar all nonsense
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by stitcheD(m): 1:20pm On Oct 18, 2013
"The jhonsons" has chinedu ikedezie, hope I got the spelling right, (aki) playing the lead role. A physically challenged kid being blamed for everything and always trying to be cheated or taken advantage of. But he always comes out on top. That's what nollywood should do. Not getting adults playing clown roles. For that role, get a child.seriously
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by hyelhira: 2:10pm On Oct 18, 2013
I do not think you actually understand the movie.

for example the movie LITTLEMAN American hollywood blockbuster, the actor was cast to play a children role to.

Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by klodike(m): 3:54pm On Oct 18, 2013

and the name of the movie is little MAN. Did u see that?
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by MizEmpress(f): 4:21pm On Oct 18, 2013
nollywood has nothing to offer anymore so they keep churning out trash..i wonder why any educated person will say he/she finds what they do interesting or amusing undecided undecided
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by rhames(m): 6:19pm On Oct 18, 2013
Awon Agbaya Jaku Jaku!!! I dont even watch Nollywood movies.
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by touchmeder: 11:10pm On Oct 18, 2013
nedu2000: Isn't it suppose to be a comedy?!!adults acting as pupils is funny if you ask me.....I disagree with the Brown dude

i guess it is open to different interpretation of what is regarded as funny. Some culture will not find a grown up man wearing a child's uniform funny. However for the majority of people in Nigeria, this sort of thing is regarded as funny.
I think its silly and a lack of creativity on the part of the director, producer and writers.
Same old same old yeye script and acting. Thats why i've not seen a Nigerian movie in donkey yearsssssssssssssssssssssssss undecided
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by nairamaniac: 9:12am On Oct 19, 2013
Greetings my fellow naira landers. This is my 1st day as a nairaland member. Iv however been following u all for over 2years now. I must confess. This site is filled with the craziest and intelligent people in this country. So let's just say I'm officially a nairaland-virgin, so all the babes here can dis-v me from my front and guys from my back. I love you all. Seun, u are d best. Well, on this topic that attracted my innitiation, I think its wrong for these old people to play children's role, for its not even funny in the first place. Its more or ridiculous&silly. A lot of nigerians mistake stupidity for comedy. Comedy to me is an art. It should be creative and not spontaneously-ridiculous. If u ended up laffing becos nkem owoh or merci johnson looked funny in school uniforms as pupils, then it wasn't the movie or their roles that was funny. It was the awkwardness of their characters that motivated ur lafter. Hence nollywood should be given a nobel peace-prize for adding/inventing one more genre to movie-industry: "ridiculousity". We now have "action, horror, adventure, suspense, thriller, comedy & ridiculousity as movie genres".
Re: Should Adults Play School Children Roles In Nollywood Movies? by KatrineHobs: 2:03pm On Sep 18, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Genevieve Nnaji 'Lionheart' Toronto Premiere Tickets Sold Out / BBNaija: Frodd Wins Head Of House / BBNaija: No One Was Evicted, What Happened Was A "Fake" Eviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.