Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey (10606 Views)

A Free Body In An Enslaved Mind!!! Must Read For All Nigerian / Niger Delta, Reip Capital Of Nigeria – Survey / Saudi Princess Was Released On $5m Bail After 'enslaved' Kenyan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by UKBobo(m): 10:06pm On Oct 17, 2013
70,000,000 enslaved - conservative estimate.
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by willibounce: 11:21pm On Oct 17, 2013
Every nigerian is a slave whether physically or mentally. We are slaves to the whites whether we accept or not. There's hardly anything we can do on our own. Thank God for white men.

1 Like

Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by birdman(m): 3:39am On Oct 18, 2013
engineerd: I bet you majority of the people classified as "enslaved" in Nigeria are maids. But i believe maids do get paid for their services...but in some cases though the maids "PI*MP" aka family member gets the maids allowance....

you give the survey too much credit. you have to know when to ignore bs
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by francisbiz: 7:04am On Oct 18, 2013
Promhize: Nonsense, this mumus that sit in front of their laptops and come out with stupid, ridiculous numbers. >:[

Nonsense, are u trying to tell me their are no house boys, sales person in those developed countries. If u are talking about prostitution rackets, italian connection rackets, then mexico, singapore should be there instead of Nigeria.

You are the MUMU!
That was how they informed you that you were a TERRORIST NATION and all your national assembly and executives could do was to amplify their naivety by publicly making ridicule of the INTEL. And who is crying and laughing now?
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by francisbiz: 7:11am On Oct 18, 2013
birdman:

you give the survey too much credit. you have to know when to ignore bs
Follow INTELLECTUAL PROCEDURE and discredict the survey with your own thesis, research, survey etc
That's how it's done!
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by litetias(m): 9:07am On Oct 18, 2013
Chanchit: 701k...!? Mtcheeew, big lie. It should be around 70m in Nigeria.

And for people looking for Usa on the list, you can't see them, sorry.
I watched a documentary on Aljazera two days ago where restaurant workers are protesting that $6.50 is too small per hour. Now calculate that in a month to how much a banker in Nigeria earns. Inshort I don vex, Nigeria has about 100m slaves.
I watched that documentary too. By my calculations they earn more than 320000 per month and they still have guts to complain. In Nigeria 50000 naira salary guarantees a slave with a leash around his neck, a bingo.
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by litetias(m): 9:18am On Oct 18, 2013
The institutions of government in Nigeria are not working. The civil service is just an archaic system that lacks cohesion, the justice system in Nigeria is comparable to the British legal system in the 19th century, backwardly progressing with their ridiculous wigs. I see a bright future if and only if we love the idea of a Great Nigeria and stop allowing our fears, inadequacies and avarice deter us from reaching for the stars. By the way the mental slavery in Nigeria is stupendously all encompassing because Nigerians are selfish people that do anything to get by ergo their leaders.
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by adetsim(m): 9:57am On Oct 18, 2013
the legend: [size=18pt]this is not even up to the number of bankers in this country slaving away at their jobs...them for talk like 30 million! [/size][size=18pt] undecided

Thanks so much, this is even my thinking. Nigeria's figure is more than that . If it was put at 10 or 15 Million, it could make sense.
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by rabzy: 11:08am On Oct 18, 2013
adetsim:

Thanks so much, this is even my thinking. Nigeria's figure is more than that . If it was put at 10 or 15 Million, it could make sense.

litetias: I watched that documentary too. By my calculations they earn more than 320000 per month and they still have guts to complain. In Nigeria 50000 naira salary guarantees a slave with a leash around his neck, a bingo.
adetsim:

The parameters used by the people to determine a 'slave' is different from what you guys are using here, if they are to apply your methods every countries numbers will shoot up significantly
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by Okijajuju1(m): 4:18pm On Oct 18, 2013
Promhize: Nonsense, this mumus that sit in front of their laptops and come out with stupid, ridiculous numbers. >:[

Nonsense, are u trying to tell me their are no house boys, sales person in those developed countries. If u are talking about prostitution rackets, italian connection rackets, then mexico, singapore should be there instead of Nigeria.

My brother please dont call it nonesense..

Go and find out what houseboys and housegirls dey use eye see for Oga and madam house for city.. Especially those that were brought from some remote village.

Infact, anybody that works hard for less than Minimum Wage is a Slave.. #Period!

The other day, I heard a woman negotiating to pay a Housegirl 8 Thousand Naira a Month. Isnt that slavery?
Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by birdman(m): 3:30pm On Oct 20, 2013
francisbiz:
Follow INTELLECTUAL PROCEDURE and discredict the survey with your own thesis, research, survey etc
That's how it's done!

umm no. Its up to the person that made the statement to prove their assertion. You can pull numbers out of the air all you want, but its your responsibility to back it up

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Actress Seyi Edun A.k.a Shai Celebrated Her Birthday With Her Rumored Lover / Pictures ; Human/dog Hybrid / Nairaland Census: Your State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.