Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team (34052 Views)

Nigerian Game Development: What's Happening? / Game Development: Join The Team / Who Wants to Start an Electronic Game Development Company? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Bulldog(m): 8:51pm On Oct 23, 2013
is this a yoruba movie? I'm lost
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 9:00pm On Oct 23, 2013
Bulldog: is this a yoruba movie? I'm lost

Its not Yoruba but if no inputs based on other culture comes, We have to go with it. Also, other story lines are still welcome. We would conclude on the story we would eventually pursue by the weekend.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 9:47pm On Oct 23, 2013
Here is a new game story idea. I think it can be improved upon. However, let me know what you think. We can mix in Nigerian elements
into the game like language etc.

Goat’s Revolt
Goats have been oppressed by men for years. They have been slaughtered for food.
General Goaty, the protagonist will take this injustice no more. Goats have a life too. On Xmas eve. the goats led by General Goaty assisted by the Big-Eyed Goat, General OverSeer went on riot against man. They formed an alliance with other Xmas – eatable animals such as Cow, Chicken, Turkey etc. Together, they go offensive against man fighting for their fundamental Animal Rights. They acquired all sorts of machine guns and assault rifles and waged a war on man.
Eventually, after several dangerous mission which almost led to the end of the world. They defeated man and they celebrated their victory.
As they were celebrating, General Goaty woke up from his dreams in the abattoir and next thing he knows, a knife goes for his neck.
In other words, the entire Game is General Goaty’s dream on Xmas eve.

The mission is to defeat men.
The language is pidgin English with interpretation for other languages.
The game is first person shooter and/or third person shooter.
the goats can walk on two legs (It does not have to be realistic)
What do you think?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by worldbest(m): 10:03pm On Oct 23, 2013
Jivi: Here is a new game story idea. I think it can be improved upon. However, let me know what you think. We can mix in Nigerian elements

Goat’s Revolt
Goats have been oppressed by men for years. They have been slaughtered for food.
General Goaty, the protagonist will take this injustice no more. Goats have a life too. On Xmas eve. the goats led by General Goaty assisted by the Big-Eyed Goat, General OverSeer went on riot against man. They form an alliance with other Xmas – eatable animals such as Cow, Chicken, Turkey etc. Together, they go offensive against man fighting for their fundamental Animal Rights. They acquired all sorts of machine guns and assault rifles and waged a war on man.
Eventually, after several dangerous mission which almost led to the end of the world. They defeated man and they celebrated their victory.
As they were celebrating, General Goaty woke up from his dreams in the abattoir and next thing he knows, a knife goes for his neck.

What do you think?

LOL, I like this story. But still think the Sango,Amadiorha etc is better.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 10:48pm On Oct 23, 2013
worldbest:

LOL, I like this story. But still think the Sango,Amadiorha etc is better.

lol, but we can add Nigerian elements like " thunder fire you". All those kind things when the Goats are fighting. Think of a chicken with pistol hiding behind a wall saying stuff like “Nor be today I dey die”. Or Cow saying “Bros, I dey feel your swag”.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Bulldog(m): 11:05pm On Oct 23, 2013
Jivi: Here is a new game story idea. I think it can be improved upon. However, let me know what you think. We can mix in Nigerian elements

Goat’s Revolt
General Goaty, the protagonist will take this injustice no more. Goats have a life too. On Xmas eve. the goats led by General Goaty assisted by the Big-Eyed Goat, General OverSeer went on riot against man. They formed an alliance with other Xmas – eatable animals such as Cow, Chicken, Turkey etc. Together, they go offensive against man fighting for their fundamental Animal Rights. They acquired all sorts of machine guns and assault rifles and waged a war on man.

What do you think?
i love you man. smiley you are the most creative thinker in this thread so far and your concept is epic. A successful game have to be funny, original, a simple story line and mostly fictional. Just take "angry birds" for example smiley . Dreamworks or EA suppose employ you. Lolz
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Ajibel(m): 12:27am On Oct 24, 2013
Rotflmao grin grin i'm trying to imagine a goat wielding a gun to shoot. Your idea is crazy buh i have my reservations. embarassed

Sincerely, i think the yoruba myths is the best we can have nau. I just finished with Efik n Hausa myths and i just couldnt get sth- an idea to draw from them.
Buh while reading, i thought of another => There was a gang up by the elder gods to overthrow the main god, they succeeded buh one of the elder gods lemme say esu tricked others and imprisoned them and took over leadership. The main god gave up his power to conceive a demi-god to fight esu and his men. Along the way, the demi-god would fight monsters, release humans held captive and also rescue other demi-gods who'd then offer to give him their powers or help him fight as the case may be.
Okay...am having a conflict of ideas sad sad

The ideas to come up with include:
+ special powers
+ weapons
+ monsters
+ scenes/places
+
+ etc angry angry
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 1:09am On Oct 24, 2013
Ajibel: Rotflmao grin grin i'm trying to imagine a goat wielding a gun to shoot. Your idea is crazy buh i have my reservations. embarassed

Sincerely, i think the yoruba myths is the best we can have nau. I just finished with Efik n Hausa myths and i just couldnt get sth- an idea to draw from them.
Buh while reading, i thought of another => There was a gang up by the elder gods to overthrow the main god, they succeeded buh one of the elder gods lemme say esu tricked others and imprisoned them and took over leadership. The main god gave up his power to conceive a demi-god to fight esu and his men. Along the way, the demi-god would fight monsters, release humans held captive and also rescue other demi-gods who'd then offer to give him their powers or help him fight as the case may be.
Okay...am having a conflict of ideas sad sad

The ideas to come up with include:
+ special powers
+ weapons
+ monsters
+ scenes/places
+
+ etc angry angry

Special Powers/Weapons: can be upgraded
Consider the following:
Lightning Blade
Blade of Fury(Fire)
Fire Ball
Mini Sand Storm
etc

Monsters:
Bush Baby and Bush Baby Mama,
Actually, monsters would be more or less the underlings of the main boss and can be diverse
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 1:11am On Oct 24, 2013
Bulldog: i love you man. smiley you are the most creative thinker in this thread so far and your concept is epic. A successful game have to be funny, original, a simple story line and mostly fictional. Just take "angry birds" for example smiley . Dreamworks or EA suppose employ you. Lolz
lol. Thanks
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by RationalDude(m): 7:38am On Oct 24, 2013
Since we are still throwing out random game stories, how about this?
Chase am!
You just finished eating your favorite meal of bread and ewa agoyin at mama Basirat's canteen. You enjoyed the meal so much, you decide to take some home with you.
On your way home, a lunatic approaches you and asks you to give him the food but you refuse, he snatches the food from you and begins to run, you immediately chase after him screaming "ole!"
Now you have to chase him all over Lagos to get your food back.

......,...................... . ........................................
You could start the chase from Mushin and you could catch him at the end of the stage after which you give him the beating of his life. The last stage could be at let's say Ikeja. For each stage, you introduce a new place in Lagos and during the game, you get power ups like screaming at the top of your voice to get a few policemen to join in the chase for a limited time, you can also throw eba at him and if you miss, he taunts you.
You could also get a power up that gives you super speed for a limited time or something that enables you to bounce for a long distance.
For each stage, you are given particular objectives that you have to pass before the end of each stage.
..................................................... . ...............
@Jivi, your goat revolts storyline is hilarious.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 7:42am On Oct 24, 2013
L0lz nyc 1 @jivi I love yur idea. Man I tink its gnna b fun dan d Oduduwa/sango stories man I can actually see hw a gOat will wield a machine gun!! Gnna b funny die pls let's list the stories in the running 2 b the final story !.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 8:19am On Oct 24, 2013
@Jivi...awesome idea...less involbed than d sango fighting game.....i believe a group should b formed for this.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by petereddy(m): 1:10pm On Oct 24, 2013
I love that jivi goaty story,its d bomb man.Rational dude,I give u my thumps too. Too much of creative minds flowing in here. Everyone has a point in here and on the long run,all the stories might become handy. I feel its gonna be cool if we reach a compromise about a story line very soon. Good to know that this thread is progressing
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Frozenxyz: 4:03pm On Oct 24, 2013
Nice story line, but i think the storyline should be emotional, it shud be a horror suspence kinda game, not just a hack and slash game. It shud be a gqme that wud keep sm1 at the edge of their seats,
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by CODEEATER(m): 8:34pm On Oct 24, 2013
Wait o...we'v been doing way 2much talking... let's c some 3d modelling na... even if its nt d full thing...at least something...

N by d way...wat platform r we targeting?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 9:04pm On Oct 24, 2013
CODE-EATER:
Wait o...we'v been doing way 2much talking... let's c some 3d modelling na... even if its nt d full thing...at least something...

N by d way...wat platform r we targeting?

We are targeting just PC. We need a story concept first which we would then expand through game design and that would lead to modelling after we have an idea of gameplay. We would decide on a story by weekend and then start designing the missions of the story(i.e (development of the story)/ Game Design). Each mission will then give us an idea of the necessary 3d models needed.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by CODEEATER(m): 9:12pm On Oct 24, 2013
Jivi:

We are targeting just PC. We need a story concept first which we would then expand through game design and that would lead to modelling after we have an idea of gameplay. We would decide on a story by weekend and then start designing the missions of the story(i.e (development of the story)/ Game Design). Each mission will then give us an idea of the necessary 3d models needed.
OK...but just to play around... let's just say we have decided on the sango story...let sum,mayb u,just create an imaginary dummy or example of d guy...make we de get inspiration..
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 9:41pm On Oct 24, 2013
I think that is where the concept artist comes into play. We would need an artist for that.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 2:16pm On Oct 25, 2013
first draft for d mercenary goat.

5 Likes

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by worldbest(m): 2:25pm On Oct 25, 2013
dueal: first draft for d mercenary goat.

This is awesome. Cool sketch
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Bulldog(m): 2:30pm On Oct 25, 2013
if you can send me a clear reference picture or even better, a complete reference image(with front, side and maybe back perspectives) without the weapons(that'll be modelled separately), we'll have our killer goat model on saturday smiley.

1 Like

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by CODEEATER(m): 2:33pm On Oct 25, 2013
Mmmm....I like wat I c
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by worldbest(m): 2:36pm On Oct 25, 2013
Since the goat story is loved by all, I suggest we begin work on the story and game play. There's no need wasting time on the gow-like story.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 3:21pm On Oct 25, 2013
Great!
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 3:51pm On Oct 25, 2013
cool...will send d references... was thinking of bosses...like a male calabar chef, a female yoruba house wife, e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by wisemania(m): 4:08pm On Oct 25, 2013
Interesting....
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by elvis10ten(m): 8:35pm On Oct 25, 2013
Jivi: Current Characters

Osun
Oba
Oduduwa
Sango
Bush Baby
Lady Koi Koi,
Amadioha

Lets get more bad guys into the eventual story and then build up the story from there.
lol @ bush baby and lady koi koi.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by elvis10ten(m): 8:54pm On Oct 25, 2013
Oh shit, i missed alot. Haven't been around. I see every one like the goat idea. But what about people who will feel bad about using a goat to kill humans ?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 9:29pm On Oct 25, 2013
Sorry guys I guess the picx wnt do eni hlp #
SMH.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Ajibel(m): 9:37pm On Oct 25, 2013
*Still rolling on the bed laffing at the pics*

grin grin grin Your story (jivi) reminds me of animal farm
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 10:31pm On Oct 25, 2013
d pics r ...... like seriously !!
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 10:45pm On Oct 25, 2013
Let me break down d implementation of d fighting game to d best of my knowledge. WE will need. human structured models for each character...rigged for d variation of moves. we will need to animate moves for each character at least to a believable standard. we will need to implement an arena camera, and the parser to determine input from a gamepad to an animation sequence...also...combos, effects, gui...e.t.c.......question...do we hv d capacity?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

What Is Computer Programming / Microcontrollers / First Thing First, Learn To Program!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.