Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,424 members, 7,781,240 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:08 AM

Laundry With A Washing Machine: Perfect Or Not? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Laundry With A Washing Machine: Perfect Or Not? (5297 Views)

What Detergent Is Good For Washing Machine / Skin Washing Where Can I Do This? / How Many Times Do You Wear Your Jeans Before Washing Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laundry With A Washing Machine: Perfect Or Not? by OCTAVO: 10:05am On Oct 18, 2013
Hello great people of Nairaland, I personally feel there is no way a washing machine can launder fabrics as perfect as humans. My reason being that a laundry machine can not adequately use its discretion to wash all the strategic areas that has loads of dirts, stains and sweat. Hence, I prefer using my hands to do my laundry smiley
However, some are of a different opinion that a laundry machine can launder fabrics perfectly.
In your own opinion and from your experience, which do you consider the best? Washing machine or your hands?
Let's debate on this maturely. Thanks. wink
Re: Laundry With A Washing Machine: Perfect Or Not? by dominique(f): 4:36pm On Oct 18, 2013
That's why I spin it twice before rinsing cool
But sincerely, I used to be apprehensive about the machine cos I felt it can't wash as well as humans will. The one my parents bought was hardly used by me cos I didn't have much responsibilities, I will ignore the machine and wash with my hands. but now that I'm in my own home, i have a load of responsibilities (work, taking care of two small pikin + hubby, house chores etc), the machine is one hell of a stress reliever.

I still prefer hand-washing tho. Very therapeutic cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Laundry With A Washing Machine: Perfect Or Not? by koolguy88(m): 12:23pm On Oct 20, 2013
I prefer using a washing machine to do my lundery compared to using hands. it washes better and faster. less fatigue and tiredness of the hands.

1 Like

Re: Laundry With A Washing Machine: Perfect Or Not? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
It really depends on the laundry machine. Some will do a thorough job, others ..not so much.
Re: Laundry With A Washing Machine: Perfect Or Not? by babestell(f): 9:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
I heard washing machibes dont clean collars, armpits and certain stains well. I haven't used it before so I can't tell

1 Like

Re: Laundry With A Washing Machine: Perfect Or Not? by uzoo: 10:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
Well being the last of six kids i have to say that i did a lot of hand washing and cleaning for everyone at home that if i were to meet with the inventor of the washing machine if still alive i would hug and kiss the living day lights out of him/her. DAMN!!!!! where do i even begin .

First it was the harsh detegents and bar soaps , then the starching of clothes for my brothers, and then came along the bleach (Jik,parazone) for whites and uniforms . Never again!! Now all i've been doing for the past 5 years is carrying hand creams and body butters in my hand bag to take care of the damage.

Don't get me wrong i used to think the same way too but there's a process to using the washing machine.

First you have to sort out the clothes , blacks on one side , multi coloured on another , and then whites on another side.

start by treating them individually with the different detergent and treatments you have , for instance for stains on coloured clothes you spray on the stain remover treatment on the spots like arm pit,collar or any stain you have on them .Leave on the fabric for the required time before throwing into the machine and using the appropriate wash cycle.

The next thing to do is soak the whites in water( water which bleach has been added to )for at least 30 mins before you throw them into the machine and then using the ''WHITE'' cycle on the machine to wash the whites . its also best to set the cycle to a hot temperature for the water that goes in to the machine.These days they make these machines with heating elements like the LG model.

I would suggest using a detergent for automatic wash like Persil ,they have them in Bio and Non bio detergents and they remove stains too ,but i wouldnt say the same for tough stains .(you need a stain remover for those). There are also tablets which you can throw into the machine . I think i prefer those ones.

then lastly ,in the middle of the wash pour in your conditioner, some people dont see it as neccessary,but i think its good on clothes.Feel the touch of clothes washed with fabric conditioners and the ones with out and you'll see the difference.

#Team-Washing-machine grin

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Laundry With A Washing Machine: Perfect Or Not? by OCTAVO: 11:34pm On Oct 20, 2013
^^^Wow... Nice one!
Re: Laundry With A Washing Machine: Perfect Or Not? by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 21, 2013
Washing machine helps. Chuck your clothes in and your done. Since I'm from a family of 7, I don't have time to be washing everyones clothes by hand and I hate it when my hands go wrinkly. angry

However, I do some pre-washing on certain clothing. Collars on certain shirts and washing on some stubborn stains angry

Like uzoo said you need to sort out your clothing by colour. I remember when using the washing machine in the early days. I used chuck everything inside. Blacks with whites. embarassed grin cry
Gosh, my undies came out a grey colour. grin cry

2 Likes

Re: Laundry With A Washing Machine: Perfect Or Not? by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:50pm On Oct 23, 2013
As far as I know, the invention of the washing machine is a God-sent!
I live alone and doing laundry has been so easy vis a vis while I was still living with momsie.
washing Bedspreads, curtains, jean fabrics and every day clothing is like a breeze and Yes, they do take care of stains.
the newer models of washing machines with their amazing technology I hear, are just the ish.
For hard-to-wash areas like back of collars and armpits, one needs to wash the areas first by hand. The manual to my machine even advocates this, so Hey, what are we even talking about?
Just throw your laundry in (using the method advised by Uzoo) and go do some other stuff around the house, and Hey Presto! Clean laundry!!! cheesy
Re: Laundry With A Washing Machine: Perfect Or Not? by modupsie(f): 2:06pm On Oct 23, 2013
uzoo: Well being the last of six kids i have to say that i did a lot of hand washing and cleaning for everyone at home that if i were to meet with the inventor of the washing machine if still alive i would hug and kiss the living day lights out of him/her. DAMN!!!!! where do i even begin .

First it was the harsh detegents and bar soaps , then the starching of clothes for my brothers, and then came along the bleach (Jik,parazone) for whites and uniforms . Never again!! Now all i've been doing for the past 5 years is carrying hand creams and body butters in my hand bag to take care of the damage.

Don't get me wrong i used to think the same way too but there's a process to using the washing machine.

First you have to sort out the clothes , blacks on one side , multi coloured on another , and then whites on another side.

start by treating them individually with the different detergent and treatments you have , for instance for stains on coloured clothes you spray on the stain remover treatment on the spots like arm pit,collar or any stain you have on them .Leave on the fabric for the required time before throwing into the machine and using the appropriate wash cycle.

The next thing to do is soak the whites in water( water which bleach has been added to )for at least 30 mins before you throw them into the machine and then using the ''WHITE'' cycle on the machine to wash the whites . its also best to set the cycle to a hot temperature for the water that goes in to the machine.These days they make these machines with heating elements like the LG model.

I would suggest using a detergent for automatic wash like Persil ,they have them in Bio and Non bio detergents and they remove stains too ,but i wouldnt say the same for tough stains .(you need a stain remover for those). There are also tablets which you can throw into the machine . I think i prefer those ones.

then lastly ,in the middle of the wash pour in your conditioner, some people dont see it as neccessary,but i think its good on clothes.Feel the touch of clothes washed with fabric conditioners and the ones with out and you'll see the difference.

#Team-Washing-machine grin

pls can you give me the names of such tablets. and thank you for your comment because i just got a new machine and do not know what kind of detergent to use. for the conditioner is comfort a good one?
Re: Laundry With A Washing Machine: Perfect Or Not? by uzoo: 3:05pm On Oct 23, 2013
modupsie:

pls can you give me the names of such tablets. and thank you for your comment because i just got a new machine and do not know what kind of detergent to use. for the conditioner is comfort a good one?

Comfort is what i use too, it absolutely good on clothes, you can smell the freshness on the clothes and the fabric comes out soft .

For the Tablets , any brand that makes washing machine detergents make tablets as well , so you can get Persil in tablets or other brands in Tablets as well.

For the stain remover , there are different brands - try Varnish

1 Like

Re: Laundry With A Washing Machine: Perfect Or Not? by Homeyfav: 9:08am On Oct 12, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Best Senator Designs 2022 | 2022 Latest Men Senator Styles For Weddings / Italian And Spanish Shoe And Bags At Brgain Prices / Post Your Best African Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.