Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Why Don't People Eat The First Slice Of Bread - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Don't People Eat The First Slice Of Bread (4400 Views)

See The Bread I Bought From Onitsha Shoprite Yesterday / Picture Of Baker Sleeping On A Bed Of Bread / Do You Eat The Skin Of A Mango!?!? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't People Eat The First Slice Of Bread by ashmanpolo: 2:16pm On Oct 18, 2013
I would like to know this cos I have noticed that lotta people don't eat the first slice of bread here. When I travelled abroad same thing too. I kinda wondered if there's any health-related issue with the top n bottoms of sliced bread.

"Niggas be eating ass like mad but won't eat the first slice of bread"
Re: Why Don't People Eat The First Slice Of Bread by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2013
The top is usually brown and kind of thick. that is why i don't eat it wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Why Don't People Eat The First Slice Of Bread by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 18, 2013

1 Like

Re: Why Don't People Eat The First Slice Of Bread by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 18, 2013
See question. Ok....then, because;
1. It's always brown (looks kinda burnt)
2. It's lean! Compared to the other loaves with the exception of the last loaf.
Re: Why Don't People Eat The First Slice Of Bread by homesteady(m): 2:34pm On Oct 18, 2013
Yea that's true, many people don't like eating!
But I like eating it!
Re: Why Don't People Eat The First Slice Of Bread by AbuMikey(m): 2:45pm On Oct 18, 2013

I don't eat the first and last grin

#teamCenter

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't People Eat The First Slice Of Bread by ashmanpolo: 2:46pm On Oct 18, 2013
Abu Mikey:

#teamCenter

WHY

Re: Why Don't People Eat The First Slice Of Bread by ashmanpolo: 2:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nonso23: The first slice is my favorite for some odd reason though. wink

Odd like u don't wanna waste food or so that the bread will go round for the family? Which 1

1 Like

Re: Why Don't People Eat The First Slice Of Bread by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 18, 2013
Abu Mikey:

#teamCenter

That's weird i preferr both top n center cos it's d brownest n fattest n lepacious people like us gats to add weight..
Re: Why Don't People Eat The First Slice Of Bread by adaxxy: 10:31pm On Dec 11, 2014
Theres ni way hands will not touch the up and down so thats why I dont eat it even I will have to peel off the skin and I only eat the white inside the bread.
Re: Why Don't People Eat The First Slice Of Bread by gracile(f): 3:37pm On Dec 12, 2014
I eat all grin
#teambreadlovers#
Re: Why Don't People Eat The First Slice Of Bread by Atk01(f): 9:05am On Dec 19, 2014
If the bread it fresh, I love the first slice.
#Team Queensmeal bread.
Re: Why Don't People Eat The First Slice Of Bread by Vicben(m): 12:33pm On Jul 16, 2015
I eat both but that's after I've finished eating the centre loaves.
Re: Why Don't People Eat The First Slice Of Bread by chigonye: 10:07am On Jul 17, 2015
From my observation, leaving the top slice helps to keep the remaining parts of the bread in good condition. This is necessary if you are not planning to eat the whole loaf at once.
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Help:how To Start A Cake Business / Who Says You Can't Eat Your Cake And Have It / Quality Ziplock Bags For Product Packaging Available For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.