Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

The Economic Side Of A Bad Road - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Economic Side Of A Bad Road (502 Views)

Bad Road Section Of Port Harcourt To Owerri / Douala: The Economic Capital Of Cameroon (photos) / Douala: The Economic Capital Of Cameroon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Economic Side Of A Bad Road by jdilight(m): 2:43pm On Oct 18, 2013
Between Elele and Owerri at a placed call Umuagwuo. The road there is so bad that it we had to get down from the car walked to the opposite end of the road to board another car.

I was amazed at the amount of goods and services rendered in that small area that is less than a vilage. Bad roads has certainly created numerous job opportunity to nigerians. Unconfirmed statistics believe that businesses conducted along nigerian roads of which bad roads top the list contribute more than 5% to our GDP.

Assume our roads are as good as that of the western nations, Nigerian unemployment figure would doubled in just a month.

Every ashes has its beauty.
Re: The Economic Side Of A Bad Road by DisGuy: 2:57pm On Oct 18, 2013
you're ignoring the cost of delays to businesses

the risks associated with poor roads to life and properties

time is money wink
Re: The Economic Side Of A Bad Road by jdilight(m): 3:24pm On Oct 18, 2013
Am look at the economic contribution of ROAD SIDE HUSTLING to the nation at bad road spots.

The world is a close system nothing is really lost. Matter can neither be created nor destored, they said. Therefore time never lost but are converted to cash to the hustler who renders business services to you as you supposely waste that your precious time.

Road side hustlers sale more consumables than any businesss unit you can think of.
Re: The Economic Side Of A Bad Road by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
How many crates of ur quail eggs got broken on dat road? gringrin. I plied dat road on Saturday, it was not funny! Going to Enugu from Portharcourt, the holdup after Eleme Junction(anoda Bad spot) made d driver go thru Owerri. God help us
Re: The Economic Side Of A Bad Road by jdilight(m): 5:04pm On Oct 20, 2013
looool my man if l tell u for hw long l treked b4 l bursted out at the other end of the free traffic zone, u go give me diamond medal.

make l no even talk about hw long l had to wait b4 getting a car heading to owerri. all this while my phone was shouting because of calls that were coming in. lf l was not a strong calm man (hold ur tongue make l finish b4 u start) l 4 shit for my boxers. but thank God l beat time b4 bank closed sha.

but that notwitstanding, it boosting our economy loooool.

(1) (Reply)

Finance Petition Approval / What Happens To The National Carrier Promised Before December? / How Is Traveling To Turkey Like?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.