Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,978 members, 7,806,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife (13212 Views)

Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) / Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS / Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Lilimax(f): 5:18pm On Oct 18, 2013
madam_oringo:

Is it BY FORCE? This is why you people will suffer much more in the second *** if it happens! angry angry
No be by force ooo smiley
FYI, we are not suffering at all sad.
We are Igbos and proud smiley
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 18, 2013

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by bloggernaija: 5:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
Whenever the king throws away the culture and tradition of his land,
He may as well sell his people to slavery.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by madamoringo(f): 5:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
Lilimax:
No be by force ooo smiley
FYI, we are not suffering at all sad.
We are Igbos and proud smiley

Good for you! Unfortunately until we called you out you were upset that they said clearly that they are not Ibos. No one said you are suffering but in life, you have to let people and humans be what they want to be. Good that you are proud of yourself and tribe and I bet that the Ikas are proud and confident in Nigeria and they should be allowed to be what they want to be!
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
Lilimax: Na wao!
If they are not Igbo, what are they?
Exactly the same question I have been asking. I have asked so many Ikas and they say they are not Igbos. My uncle's ex wife is an Agbor woman and she and her people don't hide their hatred for Igbo people. It is very very true that they deny being Igbos. Go find out yourself!
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Tuntheycr7: 5:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
Lilimax: Na wao!
If they are not Igbo, what are they?
They are not igbos
Frm Umunende, Igbodo, Agbor, Issele Uku, Owa Oyibo and Abavo etc dey all speak Ika language and not Ibo
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Lilimax(f): 5:28pm On Oct 18, 2013
Tuntheycr7:
They are not igbos
Frm Umunende, Igbodo, Agbor, Issele Uku, Owa Oyibo and Abavo etc dey all speak Ika language and not Ibo
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 18, 2013
Going through the real story,marrying a foreigner is against the customs of the Igbodo people. The king is to marry a native of Igbodo as his first wife then he can have other wives from other ethnic groups if he so wishes. If it is their custom,so it be,but for the King to go against such law is wickedness and stoopid! What now becomes of the first wife? cry
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Lilimax(f): 5:33pm On Oct 18, 2013
madam_oringo:

Good for you! Unfortunately until we called you out you were upset that they said clearly that they are not Ibos. No one said you are suffering but in life, you have to let people and humans be what they want to be. Good that you are proud of yourself and tribe and I bet that the Ikas are proud and confident in Nigeria and they should be allowed to be what they want to be!
I was never upset?
I asked just for clarity purpose okay... and who stopped you from being what you want to be?
You sounds so serious sad Lossen up!
My people are blessed and we are very proud of ourselves smiley.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Lilimax(f): 5:36pm On Oct 18, 2013
berem: Exactly the same question I have been asking. I have asked so many Ikas and they say they are not Igbos. My uncle's ex wife is an Agbor woman and she and her people don't hide their hatred for Igbo people. It is very very true that they deny being Igbos. Go find out yourself!
I got the whole things now. @ highlighted- You dare not hate whom God has blessed smiley!
It's like chasing a shadow!
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Iykopee(m): 5:36pm On Oct 18, 2013
2 bad some people are truly brain dead on NL. They find it difficult to dissect issues with a sense not anchored on tribalism and shear stupidity.

Before u say anytin to deride the woman or her igbo tribe, ask urself if there isn't a divorcee in ur own locality Whether igbo or yoruba, sh1t happens thats d point. For those spewing bollocks like some posters above, they lack common sense to adjudicate over family issue.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by DerideGull(m): 5:42pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nigeria has bred bunch of fools. It is regrettable that certain cross section of Nigerians has comprehension problem. The crux of the matter is that Obi Nkeobikwu Osadume must marry a lady from Igbodo kingdom not any other Igbo land or Nigerian land for that matter. If the Obi Nkeobikwu Osadume had formerly taken a wife from Agbor instead of Ebony State, the community would have objected because Agbor, though the same Ika, is not part of Igbodo Kingdom.

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by madamoringo(f): 5:43pm On Oct 18, 2013
Lilimax: I was never upset?
I asked just for clarity purpose okay... and who stopped you from being what you want to be?
You sounds so serious sad Lossen up!
My people are blessed and we are very proud of ourselves smiley.

I think you have an inferiority complex really - like most ibos! Why? You keep repeating you are "blessed and proud", what has that go to do with anything, your reality or history? Do you ever see a truly blessed people go about shouting it? It is because your reality is the opposite! Imagine a Dangote or Otedola or Adenuga going around saying I am rich and proud!?? They would be the last person to ever even mention such when in fact they are! I had to tell you the truth but you are either a little girl or one of the ethnic champions who does not know Ibo history because if you knew, you would know that there are majority peoples in Nigeria who have a most enviable history and far ahead of you but I reserve the rest of my comment because the crux of the matter has been laid to rest!

4 Likes

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Lilimax(f): 5:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
madam_oringo:

I think you have an inferiority complex really - like most ibos! Why? You keep repeating you are "blessed and proud", what has that go to do with anything, your reality or history? Do you ever see a truly blessed people go about shouting it? It is because your reality is the opposite! Imagine a Dangote or Otedola or Adenuga going around saying I am rich and proud!?? They would be the last person to ever even mention such when in fact they are! I had to tell you the truth but you are either a little girl or one of the ethnic champions who does not know Ibo history because if you knew, you would know that there are majority peoples in Nigeria who have a most enviable history and far ahead of you but I reserve the rest of my comment because the crux of the matter has been laid to rest!
Your mental infecundity is truly breathtaking. I addressed you in a saner manner and you're raining abuses on me without proving anything. I swear you would serve as a perfect blueprint to build an 1diot. All your accusations and rants are illogical. Don't ever quote me again.

6 Likes

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by jumobi1(m): 5:56pm On Oct 18, 2013
The new wife or her family might be gold diggers. Idk why anyone with self respect and dreams of true love would marry him knowing the love probably isn't real and he is using her to remain Obi
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 18, 2013
Lilimax: Your mental infecundity is truly breathtaking. I addressed you in a saner manner and you're raining abuses on me without proving anything. I swear you would serve as a perfect blueprint to build an 1diot. All your accusations and rants are illogical. Don't ever quote me again.
I think you should just let it go Lily. Please! wink

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Ngokafor(f): 6:06pm On Oct 18, 2013
....i dont get it...why are some peeps jumping around like frogs??..is it that they are really daft,mentally unstable or both?...
...The tradition there is that their traditional ruler should not marry a 'foreigner' simple...it's not about Igbo or whoever so whats the big deal?....silly thread indeed!
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Ngokafor(f): 6:08pm On Oct 18, 2013
Lilimax: Your mental infecundity is truly breathtaking. I addressed you in a saner manner and you're raining abuses on me without proving anything. I swear you would serve as a perfect blueprint to build an 1diot. All your accusations and rants are illogical. Don't ever quote me again.

..you really have time for lunatics..
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 18, 2013
I didn't know Ika people were this backward
What a shame
This has got to be the most primitive people in the whole of Nigeria
What is more strange is that despite a law education and his Christianity ,an Obi would choose a useless stool over the woman he loved
I have never heard of this sort of thing in my life
Ever
May God not send this sort of useless,spineless,confused unmanly husband our way IJMN
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by 0monnakoda: 6:19pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ngokafor: ....i dont get it...why are some peeps jumping around like frogs??..is it that they are really daft,mentally unstable or both?...
...The tradition there is that their traditional ruler should not marry a 'foreigner' simple...it's not about Igbo or whoever so whats the big deal?....silly thread indeed!
So Eboes are foreigners
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 18, 2013
He is an Obi

His name is Obi Nkeobikwu Osadume
Of Igbodo Kingdom

The traditional Prime Minister of Igbodo Kingdom is Dr Ifeanyi Unomah,

The president general of IDU worldwide is Chief Peterson Ozili-Chiemeke

A member of the Obi-in-Council, Chief Gilbert Nwaije

And they are not Igbo
Bwahahahahahaha
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by funnyx(m): 6:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
babyosisi: I didn't know Ika people were this backward
What a shame
What is more strange is that despite a law education and his Christianity ,an Obi would choose a useless stool over the woman he loved
Ever
May God not send this sort of useless,spineless,confused unmanly husband our way IJMN

To you its backwardness but to them it's their culture, and BTW this story does not in any way suggest that the Ika people hate igbos, if the said wife was from other ethnic groups her fate would have been the same.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by madamoringo(f): 6:36pm On Oct 18, 2013

oops! I struck a sore nerve there and all your pretentious sanity and so called "blessed and proud" turns into rags! Small girl, if I were in Nigeria, your types I used to mop the floor! Now, I have quoted you, what are you gonna do from behind your computer? Inferior paper tiger...LWKMD grin grin
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Ngokafor(f): 6:37pm On Oct 18, 2013
babyosisi: I didn't know Ika people were this backward
What a shame
Ever

.it's a shame i tell you..i really pity the poor woman...
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by DerideGull(m): 6:37pm On Oct 18, 2013
babyosisi: He is an Obi

His name is Obi Nkeobikwu Osadume
Of Igbodo Kingdom

The traditional Prime Minister of Igbodo Kingdom is Dr Ifeanyi Unomah,

The president general of IDU worldwide is Chief Peterson Ozili-Chiemeke

A member of the Obi-in-Council, Chief Gilbert Nwaije

And they are not Igbo
Bwahahahahahaha

Nne!! You can add Ikechukwu to the Obi's name too. Some communities have qualified to be recklessly removed from Igbo land.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 18, 2013
funnyx:

To you its backwardness but to them it's their culture, and BTW this story does not in any way suggest that the Ika people hate igbos, if the said wife was from other ethnic groups her fate would have been the same.

And the man didn't know the culture before taking on a wife?
A grown man,a lawyer by training will throw his marriage away for culture
It is a useless backward culture that belongs in the dark ages
This is 2013 for heaven's sake
When oyibo people call you wild ,beastly and uncultured,you go begin vex
A woman is chased out of her matrimonial home by a bunch of wild savages and you call it culture?
And a spineless husband does their bidding and someone like you understand it as culture
No wonder your land is the way it is
It is all about your culture of greed and bribery and non accountability and now stupidity
Tufia

Culture is man made
Intelligent men change their culture to suit them
That's what separates us from wild and domestic animals

It was once the culture in the USA that women don't vote
That changed in the sixties
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by funnyx(m): 6:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
babyosisi:

And the man didn't know the culture before taking on a wife?
A grown man,a lawyer by training will throw his marriage away for culture
It is a useless backward culture that belongs in the dark ages
This is 2013 for heaven's sake
When oyibo people call you wild ,beastly and uncultured,you go begin vex
A woman is chased out of her matrimonial home by a bunch of wild savages and you call it culture?
And a spineless husband foes their bidding
No wonder your land is the way it is
It is all about your culture of greed and bribery and non accountability and now stupidity

Culture is man made

Sweerie, the man is to blame here as he can't say he's ignorant of his culture. The choice is his to make either to damn the culture and stay with his wife or obey his culture but unfortunately, he choosed the later.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 18, 2013
This was a similar story last year

There was pandemonium at Ogbagi-Akoko, in the Akoko South-West Local Government Area of Ondo State last Friday when youths of the town chased away their monarch, the Owa of Ogbagi, Oba Victor Adetona, from the palace for his refusal to approve the yearly celebration of the Ogun festival.

Our correspondent learnt that the monarch, narrowly escaped being lynched when the youth, armed with dangerous items, besieged the palace.

The youth, it was learnt, damaged vehicles and decorations in the palace said to be worth millions of naira.

Some of the youth, who craved anonymity, told our correspondent on Monday that Adetona had been disrespecting the town’s traditions since he was installed as the monarch.

One of them said, “Our king has not been respecting our traditions. He has refused to join the Awo cult. He has refused to marry another wife after he became the king; and he has consistently refused to approve the celebration of some traditional festivities.

“He has flagrantly objected to all pleas for him to respect traditions and the culture of our people and has vowed that as a born-again Christian, he will never indulge in or encourage such traditional rites throughout his reign.”

It was learnt that the monarch allegedly travelled out of the state in order not to partake in the worship of the Ogun festival.

The youth, however, monitored his movement and stormed his new palace when he returned from his journey and destroyed everything on sight.

It was further learnt that other monarchs who were with him on the fateful day, saved the situation as the youth allegedly insisted on killing Adetona

I wonder if the Oba ended up marrying a second wife,sacrificing to idols and fulfilling their other requests instead of being a man and stepping aside if that was what was required of him.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
0monnakoda: So Eboes are foreigners
Is that all you could get from the story?
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by 0monnakoda: 7:05pm On Oct 18, 2013
berem: Is that all you could get from the story?
Is that Multiple choice or Essay question ?

How is DEM2
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by dayokanu(m): 7:17pm On Oct 18, 2013
babyosisi:
Culture is man made

In this same USA a church refused to marry a Mixed couple in 2012.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
dayokanu:

In this same USA a church refused to marry a Mixed couple in 2012.

That is also stoopid
But I bet you the man left that church with his intended wife and found another church
It would be more Stoopid if the man left his wife to be because he wanted to belong to the church
Remember they weren't even married
But this one walked away from his marriage for the same Stoopid reasons

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Human-shaped Soapstone Figures In Esie: Work Of Gods Or Man? / Nigerians Are Facing Hardship – Emir Of Zazzau Says / Some Expressions In Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.