Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife (13223 Views)

Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) / Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS / Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by solomon111(m): 1:21am On Oct 19, 2013
Btw,whoever believes that berem is ika or even igbo is seriously deluded.
That girl is yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by OneNaira6: 1:25am On Oct 19, 2013
Ngodigha1: Do you guys know that that woman called sonya has not contributed anything to this thread except Igbanke is not Igbo. In all her posts, it is always that is not Igbo, that is not Ika etc.
What sort of lady is that?.

I doubt she knows much to be honest. I
I've learned more about ika from ogbuefi, ezeagu and even agbotean (fabricated stories or not) than her.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by sonya4all(m): 1:27am On Oct 19, 2013
most times you igbons force people to speak even when They choose not to... am proudly ika. from the ancient kingdom of umunede. and am not igbo. my perception can and will never change. believe or not.

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 1:30am On Oct 19, 2013
dayokanu:

Do you have any confession from Hitler that he ordered the killing of Jews

Who is talking about confessions and writings directly from Zik and Okpara only?

I am talking about accounts by the military officers. How come none of very detailed accounts or books mention direct, substantive support from Azikiwe/Okpara?
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by sonya4all(m): 1:32am On Oct 19, 2013
obviously you just confirmed that you have been arguing blinding, while subtly learning history of ika... if you wish to know about ika be nice enough to humbly ask rather than exhibiting your stupidity @,naira and ngodigha.. ozhuor
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by solomon111(m): 1:33am On Oct 19, 2013
sonya4all: I want to know... in What way is ika suffering... and also What does it take to be ika as you threatened.... note of really you are from Okay region then then you should refer to yourself as igbo because by merely saying you are ika contradicts your igbo status. ika is a nation. you can't say you are from ika yet you claim igbo. reason it.. I also need answer to the above questions.
IKAs are currently suffering the effect of benin incursion which has created a form of confusion in the heritage of the ika people.
Many benin indigenes settled in ika,mixed with some of the people and created this confusion we have today.
The fact that ika is a "nation" does not negate its igbo ethnicity.
IKA is a "nation" of igbo people atleast under the current set-up in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by solomon111(m): 1:34am On Oct 19, 2013
sonya4all: obviously you just confirmed that you have been arguing blinding, while subtly learning history of ika... if you wish to know about ika be nice enough to humbly ask rather than exhibiting your stupidity @,naira and ngodigha.. ozhuor
I hope you don't mind me asking,
are you a man or a woman?(no insult intended).
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by sonya4all(m): 1:37am On Oct 19, 2013
@Solomon if that's your argument or opinion then I think you should wallow on your memory lane. I thought you had something concrete. but if believing that makes you happy and get a goodnight sleep so be it.alua

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by sonya4all(m): 1:39am On Oct 19, 2013
ask your igbo brothers. who usually take assumption as facts.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by solomon111(m): 1:40am On Oct 19, 2013
sonya4all: @Solomon if that's your argument or opinion then I think you should wallow on your memory lane. I thought you had something concrete. but if believing that makes you happy and get a goodnight sleep so be it.alua
I'm currently on my phone so i can't give you links right now.
Btw,alua means welcome.
I don't think it's the appropriate greeting for a good-night sleep.

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by solomon111(m): 1:46am On Oct 19, 2013
PM me sonya4all.
Let's exchange ideas.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by sonya4all(m): 1:46am On Oct 19, 2013
links.. Never allow foreigners tell you your own history. I'm not contending with your acceptance of being an igbon. don't bother posting any links because you would be wasting your mb.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Ngodigha1(m): 1:50am On Oct 19, 2013
sonya4all: links.. Never allow foreigners tell you your own history. I'm not contending with your acceptance of being an igbon. don't bother posting any links because you would be wasting your mb.
Why not go and tell your brother from same Umunede as you (Wizboy) to stop claiming Igbo?.

LIL GIRL, YOU ARE FIGHTING A LOST BATTLE.

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by solomon111(m): 1:51am On Oct 19, 2013
sonya4all: links.. Never allow foreigners tell you your own history. I'm not contending with your acceptance of being an igbon. don't bother posting any links because you would be wasting your mb.
oh sonya.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by OneNaira6: 1:53am On Oct 19, 2013
sonya4all: obviously you just confirmed that you have been arguing blinding, while subtly learning history of ika... if you wish to know about ika be nice enough to humbly ask rather than exhibiting your stupidity @,naira and ngodigha.. ozhuor

I don't recall where i said i know everything about ika. Last time i checked i recall saying the only time I engage you or agbotean on ika is when you two wrote something i know for sure is a lie hence each time I've ever addressed agbotan, not you per se, I've always backed up.my claim with a source that supports me.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by sonya4all(m): 2:04am On Oct 19, 2013
kiro??
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by remarkD(m): 3:47am On Oct 19, 2013
His father-in-law, you and your oaf brothers are the only ones that can not recognize bravery when you see it; so its okay for you and your ilk to call a brave fighter like Ojukwu as whatever your oily brains churn out; however, the rest of the world sees Ojukwu as a warrior, a lion, a form of a demi-god whom the world powers could not hold down or capture...

however, even without the word "Nigeria" or any mention of anything that has to do with Nigeria... if you typed "The weeping General" into google...

the #1 hit in less than 5 seconds.... is one of your oafs... whom i'm sure you'd call brave... "brave"

so in the whole wide world... of billions and billions of people... even amongst privates, boys scouts, brigades etc.... no one is recognized for the height of cowardice exhibited by your "brave General".....

From China to India, Russia, Australia, Mauritania, Ethiopia, South Africa, Mexico, USA all over the world where people have the internet and google just a few clicks away, the moment they are asked:

"Who is the 'weeping General?'

in less than a minute they can type that in google and ...the most shameful abi should I say "shameless" brave General will be known...

they'll know his ethnic group....

and from there .... just as smooth as oil flows.....

you and your type will be known... your values, or lack thereof.... your hate and unwarranted envy.... your folly.... as exhibited in this thread where a homohabilis that can come on a computer is seeing a cultural affair as a general hatred of an ethnic group....

You are your own problems, homos... you are your own big problems and only you can help you...

keep it coming...
A man leading an army and fleeing warfront leaving defenceless women and children to die is the worst form of coward ever. Even his father in law alluded to it

When he was fleeing encouraged Biafrans to fight till death while he was in the comfort of Abidjan

Yet he came back got all his belongings wle the common man never got anything and he joined those who he claimed were enemies in the same Political party

[size=14pt]OJUKU IS THE WORST FORM OF COWARD EVER BORN. If in doubt ask his Father In law[/size][/quote]
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 5:49am On Oct 19, 2013
dayokanu:

Me too. From the same Local Govt. I didnt know you are my brother.

When is our town hall meeting?

My Uncle told me I am next in line to be the next Owa Obokun of Owa-ekei

Ika o ni baje oo

Owa ekei a gbe wa oo
dayo you don high I swear grin grin grin
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:47am On Oct 19, 2013
sonya4all: most times you igbons force people to speak even when They choose not to... am proudly ika. from the ancient kingdom of umunede. and am not igbo. my perception can and will never change. believe or not.

You are either a yoruba liar or the product of collective community brainwashing. How can somebody who calls himself ifeanyichukwu claim he is not Igbo?

We not suprising as some even claim that some jewish goat rearers were their ancestors.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by sonya4all(m): 9:28am On Oct 19, 2013
foolish idiot. how can somebody who bears Lancelot claim he is not english. or Richard. Collins etc.

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by 0monnakoda: 12:46pm On Oct 19, 2013
So where the Ibo wife come dey now as dem pursue from Palace? I hope say him no dey Boyskwataz
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by dayokanu(m): 1:17pm On Oct 19, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

You are either a yoruba liar or the product of collective community brainwashing. How can somebody who calls himself ifeanyichukwu claim he is not Igbo?

How can someone who calls himself Goodluck Jonathan claim he is not English
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by 0monnakoda: 1:33pm On Oct 19, 2013
The real issue here is that Igbodo people or is it Ibodo Have made it clear they do not accept Ibo wives as suitable or having the right vintage for their Monarch. This is confusing for those of us who aways believed Igbodos were just another bunch of Ibos showing off by elongating their name with a random selction fron do re mi
so it could have been
Igbo -re Igbo-do,mi etc
But chose to go with Igbodo. Now we are learning that is not the case and there is no relationship whatsoever. Which leaves us all scratching our heads in Sympathy for the impeached Ibo Igbodo ex-queen(u know what I mean)

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by 0monnakoda: 1:36pm On Oct 19, 2013
I can see Afam is viewing the thread.
So Afam what do you think of the Ibo-Igbodo Queen Impeachment Melee?
Surely you do agree that it is indeed a melee
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Afam4eva(m): 2:10pm On Oct 19, 2013
When i first looked at the title of this thread, the thread starter and some of the handles behind some comments, that's when i knew that this was one of those threads inspired by idleness and preserved by ignorance.

First and foremost, the King of Igbodo must not marry someone from outside Igbodo, despite being in Agbor which is also in Ika. This has nothing to do with the wife of the King being Igbo or Hausa. So, the attempt by some ignorant people on this thread to credit such an action to the Un-Igboness of Ika can be best described as petty. I can even see some people on this thread ganging up with people who have defiled their ethnic group to laugh at their own heritage. That's the height of efulefusim.

I also find it strange that Solomon11 who has been a proud Ika son can be called an impostor by people who we're not even sure are from Ika in the first place. To a lot of people, when someone dissociates Ika from Igbo then he is an authentic Ika and when he doesn't, he's an impostor.

Ika, just like some other parts of Delta and Rivers state have an identity criris and while some of them deny their Igboness due to the influence of the Bini empire, others embrace their Igboness and this could be seen when they attended the Igbo day in Asaba last year and they didn't attend the event under duress.

3 Likes

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by 0monnakoda: 2:25pm On Oct 19, 2013
Afam4eva: When i first looked at the title of this thread, the thread starter and some of the handles behind some comments, that's when i knew that this was one of those threads inspired by idleness and preserved by ignorance.

First and foremost, the King of Igbodo must not marry someone from outside Igbodo, despite being in Agbor which is also in Ika. This has nothing to do with the wife of the King being Igbo or Hausa. So, the attempt by some ignorant people on this thread to credit such an action to the Un-Igboness of Ika can be best described as petty. I can even see some people on this thread ganging up with people who have defiled their ethnic group to laugh at their own heritage. That's the height of efulefusim.

I also find it strange that Solomon11 who has been a proud Ika son can be called an impostor by people who we're not even sure are from Ika in the first place. To a lot of people, when someone dissociates Ika from Igbo then he is an authentic Ika and when he doesn't, he's an impostor.

Ika, just like some other parts of Delta and Rivers state have an identity criris and while some of them deny their Igboness due to the influence of the Bini empire, others embrace their Igboness and this could be seen when they attended the Igbo day in Asaba last year and they didn't attend the event under duress.

So you have issues with the thread starter .Well you are certainly more idle than I am but I pray you remain a mod FOR LIFE.
Is it Ika or Ibos that have identity crisis?That is an arrogant statement to make. Chech the relationship of Anambra to Owerris or other Ibos to the so called Wawa. What About Aro and Ngwa. There is much evidence of Crisis in the Ibo household without you stirring things up for Ikas

Ika oo ni baje

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Ngodigha1(m): 12:24am On Oct 20, 2013
^^^The lesson of your thread is that The Obis do not marry outside Igbodo. If a in future an Obi marries a lady from Akure, Auchi, Afuze, Afikpo etc, the marriage will be resisted by the community. This back ward attitude is their tradition but we have to respect it.
This has nothing against Igbo people as Igbodo people are very proud of their Igbo identity.

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by armyofone(m): 5:32am On Oct 21, 2013
Ndi ika oge ru ele to emancipate yourselves from cultural slavery and past burden.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by MansaPiye: 10:32pm On Oct 23, 2016
Tuntheycr7:

They are not igbos
Frm Umunende, Igbodo, Agbor, Issele Uku, Owa Oyibo and Abavo etc dey all speak Ika language and not Ibo
Ewu, is Ika not Igbo spoken in the Delta? It's actually Enu Ani and it's Igbo language. (): king is called Ikechukwu, his title is nkeobiukwu 1, again Igbo words.
After the fall of Nri kingdom the oldest continuous kingdom in a Nigeria, many igbos moved to and close to bini. Some later came back to Onitsha and Oguta.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Facing Hardship – Emir Of Zazzau Says / Some Expressions In Igbo / Emir Sanusi Sacks 2 Traditional Rulers In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.