Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife (13217 Views)

Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) / Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS / Photos:Emir Of Kano Visits Alaafin Of Oyo,sanusi Bows ToGreet Oba Lamidi Adeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Noneroone(m): 7:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
It is easier to read a different meaning out of an article, especially when one has a pre-concieved notion. While not denying that in some cases Igbos across the Niger tend to deny their Igboness, it is also important that we put facts straight. From little experience i have, i know that the word "Igbo" has more than one meaning:
1- It can mean a group of people living chiefly in southern Nigeria. As in Igbo, Igbos, ndigbo.
2- It can also mean the language or culture of this people. As in 'he speaks Igbo'
3-the word is also used by Anioma people (including onitsha) to mean the rest of the Igbos. As in umu Igbo, Nwa onyigbo (used by onitsha indigens to describe other Igbos)
It is obvious that the third explanation of Igbo is the one used in this story and not that they are not Igbos according to my first meaning. For those denying their Igboness, or the Yorubas who feel the only way to have a sense of security is by hyping this identity crisis, my advice is that you do not need to say you aren't Igbo for one to no you are not one. If you are Igbo you are Igbo! The mere fact of your existence confers on you this social identity. It is better you extricate yourselves from identity crisis or forever remain "neither here nor there"

2 Likes

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by adorable29(f): 7:29pm On Oct 18, 2013
babyosisi: I didn't know Ika people were this backward
What a shame
This has got to be the most primitive people in the whole of Nigeria
What is more strange is that despite a law education and his Christianity ,an Obi would choose a useless stool over the woman he loved
I have never heard of this sort of thing in my life
Ever
May God not send this sort of useless,spineless,confused unmanly husband our way IJMN
Hey relax with the insults! A woman should not be so quick to abuse! The logic behind it is this:, Our pple say "its only a woman that knows the true father of her child". That being said, in the event that d woman plays "away match" nd produces a ist son based on that affair, at least the "fake heir" will still have d Igbodo blood in his veins! Instead of the abomination of having a total stranger mounting the throne! This things are sacred and our heritage... Pls let's respect the wisdom of our elders and stop "oyibonizing" everything!
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 18, 2013
No wonder una go follow man go lace una Jericho with mangun or whatever they call it
Your leaders swear to oracles stark naked from coast to coast
Men offering their wives as kola for visitors
All na culture
I hear una
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by 0monnakoda: 7:37pm On Oct 18, 2013
adorable29: Hey relax with the insults! A woman should not be so quick to abuse! The logic behind it is this:, Our pple say "its only a woman that knows the true father of her child". That being said, in the event that d woman plays "away match" nd produces a ist son based on that affair, at least the "fake heir" will still have d Igbodo blood in his veins! Instead of the abomination of having a total stranger mounting the throne! This things are sacred and our heritage... Pls let's respect the wisdom of our elders and stop "oyibonizing" everything!

What do you expect from a termagant
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 18, 2013
0monnakoda:

What do you expect from a termagant
smh angry
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by 0monnakoda: 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2013
berem: smh angry
Como Es El Senor Dem ?
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by madamoringo(f): 7:57pm On Oct 18, 2013
babyosisi: This was a similar story last year

I wonder if the Oba ended up marrying a second wife,sacrificing to idols and fulfilling their other requests instead of being a man and stepping aside if that was what was required of him.

Stop all this phoney stories! In Yorubaland the Oba is more than welcome to abdicate his throne. We don't need the opinions of people who never had the privilege or evolved enough to have leadership at this level.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Midastouch1: 7:59pm On Oct 18, 2013
babyosisi: He is an Obi

His name is Obi Nkeobikwu Osadume
Of Igbodo Kingdom

The traditional Prime Minister of Igbodo Kingdom is Dr Ifeanyi Unomah,

The president general of IDU worldwide is Chief Peterson Ozili-Chiemeke

A member of the Obi-in-Council, Chief Gilbert Nwaije

And they are not Igbo
Bwahahahahahaha

Interesting analysis. I suppose your observations lends credence to the fact that some tribes just resolutely refuse to be associated with Ibo people despite having ibo sounding names and surprisingly almost similar cultures.

I think it is time that Igbos realise that iboland consists of - Anambra, Enugu, Imo, Abia and Ebonyi states only.

A cursory look at the Map of Nigeria suggests that the combination of those states - which is ultimately the state of Biafra is landlocked; for educational purposes, can any of our Biafran intellectuals explain how you intend to survive as an independent state without cooperation with the rest of Nigeria.

Note: Please spare me the usual nonsense that the SS will go with the SE, saying that automatically disqualifies your assertions because unfortunately for ibos, the SS is made up of several distinct ethnic groups and interestingly the ones who bear ibo names insist that they are definitely not ibos and they do not want their sons to marry ibo women.

6 Likes

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 18, 2013
Midastouch1:

Interesting analysis. I suppose your observations lends credence to the fact that some tribes just resolutely refuse to be associated with Ibo people despite having ibo sounding names and surprisingly almost similar cultures.

I think it is time that Igbos realise that iboland consists of - Anambra, Enugu, Imo, Abia and Ebonyi states only.

A cursory look at the Map of Nigeria suggests that the combination of those states - which is ultimately the state of Biafra is landlocked, for educational purposes, can any of our Biafran intellectuals explain how you intend to survive as an independent state without cooperation with the rest of Nigeria.

Note: Please spare me the usual nonsense that the SS will go with the SE, saying that automatically disqualifies your assertions because unfortunately for ibos, the SS is made up of several distinct ethnic groups and interestingly the ones who bear ibo names insist that they are definitely not ibos and they do not want their sons to marry ibo women.

This same old hogwash recycled
This is getting rather old isn't it?

Need I remind some of you liars that the last president of Ohaneze NdiIgbo was from Delta State
So is Ngozi Okonjo Iweala
Did you know that fact before spewing out all that trash?
So were Nzeogwu and Ifeajuna

When it suits you they are Igbos and when it doesn't you tell us the extent of Igboland
I guess the 4 popular examples you can relate to don't know who they are
They need you to tell them who and what they are on the pages on nairaland

4 Likes

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by donphilopus: 8:28pm On Oct 18, 2013
Midastouch1:

A cursory look at the Map of Nigeria suggests that the combination of those states - which is ultimately the state of Biafra is landlocked, for educational purposes, can any of our Biafran intellectuals explain how you intend to survive as an independent state without cooperation with the rest of Nigeria.

We SS rather go with NC than to go with SE.... Never on this Earth

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
I'm an igbo lady.
My guy is from delta. And from a royal family.

Are you guys saying I have a problem?
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
donphilopus: We SS rather go with NC than to go with SE.... Never on this Earth
Now,this is serious! grin
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by dayokanu(m): 8:34pm On Oct 18, 2013

In the next few hours some people would come here and say you are Yoruba or Alj Harem
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by madamoringo(f): 8:35pm On Oct 18, 2013
babyosisi:

Need I remind some of you liars that the last president of Ohaneze NdiIgbo was from Delta State

When it suits you they are Igbos and when it doesn't you tell us the extent of Igboland

You just DON'T GET IT, are you a tuber of yam or piece of stone because even those two things GET IT! Look, you can list all the people who married what in ibo land, the FACT is if Nigeria does breakup, they will have to PHYSICALLY LEAVE those places and go back to current iboland 5 states! Call them any ibo names o, tell story of how the names sound similar o, mention pig face fatty Ngozy Iweala o, even she will have to relocate to inside your 5 states and you must leave the lands alone! So far as you live in your landlocked country after leaving other lands, no wahala! Simples!

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by madamoringo(f): 8:38pm On Oct 18, 2013
lorretta u: I'm an igbo lady.

See question! grin grin Why must you attach to the royal family? There is no royalty in your place, Ibo nweze, right?! Well, do whatever you want but don't come claiming other people as Ibo, it is so annoying and shows inferiority complex and lack of confidence. I am not saying to go and leave your Delta prince o, but know that ibos will not be able to steal ND oil, even if they proof that their grandfathers were Siamese twins! grin grin
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by funnyx(m): 8:38pm On Oct 18, 2013

Babe investigate this man wella before you marry him make your case no be another oh God!
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:39pm On Oct 18, 2013

Who dey beg you? Abeg comot.
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by donphilopus: 8:40pm On Oct 18, 2013
dayokanu:

In the next few hours some people would come here and say you are Yoruba or Alj Harem
That's the name they call, if someone is against them
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by madamoringo(f): 8:41pm On Oct 18, 2013

It is beginning to look like the SE will be like a hole in the middle of current Nigeria, with every other people wanting to go somewhere else! It seems they will be completely isolated and I will not be surprised if the current peoples of Nigeria refuse to trade anything with iboland or by anything from them! Well, the SW will be formalizing all their sectors any way with almost anything delivered by Odua Country Postal Service, no small traders in a dirty market again problem for us!

1 Like

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 18, 2013

If both of you love each other so dearly,why should there be a problem?
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by madamoringo(f): 8:42pm On Oct 18, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Who dey beg you? Abeg comot.

Hahahaha...LWKMD, the thing don pain aaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmm!! Cry me a river! grin grin grin
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by donphilopus: 8:47pm On Oct 18, 2013
berem: Now,this is serious! grin
if the people who understand their Language in SS are not ready to go with them, most of the People from Rivers and Delta who understand Igbo are not ready to go with them.

The Edolites prefer going with Ondo and Kogi and remain Nigerians to going with Igbo to form Biafra
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 18, 2013
madam_oringo:

You just DON'T GET IT, are you a tuber of yam or piece of stone because even those two things GET IT! Look, you can list all the people who married what in ibo land, the FACT is if Nigeria does breakup, they will have to PHYSICALLY LEAVE those places and go back to current iboland 5 states! Call them any ibo names o, tell story of how the names sound similar o, mention pig face fatty Ngozy Iweala o, even she will have to relocate to inside your 5 states and you must leave the lands alone! So far as you live in your landlocked country after leaving other lands, no wahala! Simples!

Are those people Igbos or not
You sound unintelligent
We are not talking of sounding wharever
Is Ralph Uwaechue the former president of Ohaneze NdiIgbo from Delta state an Igbo man or not
People should be sick and tired of eediots like yourself trying to talk about subjects you have no clue about
How dare you?
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 18, 2013
madam_oringo:

Why are you crying like a baboon? Leave her alone, is it by force that other people have higher quality of thoughts and intelligence?
I wonder why you bothered quoting the mentally deranged animal. He's only seeking for attention and you have given him a gateway. Free the fool to continue displaying his idiocy. grin
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by Midastouch1: 8:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
babyosisi:

No be fight Madam, you are too old to be hyperventilating when you can calmly make your point. I can feel the anger in your post, you are too old to be doing such.

Your post does not negate my point that the generality of the Deltans, Ikwere, Ijaws and other ethic groups in the SS do not share your view that they are ibos.

Coming here to give examples of young soldiers who were used and dumped by Ibo politicians to murder Nigerian politicians does not help your case, in fact it strengthens the fact that the majority of SS people do not consider themselves ibo.

Victor Adebukunola Banjo fought on the Biafran side of the civil war till he was murdered by Ojukwu in a market square in alaibo. Professor Oluwole Omo-Soyinka whom ibos now refer to as the old mad Professor fought bitterly to protect the interests of the Biafran cause. So please your reference to Ifejuana and Nzeogwu is immaterial in this discussion.

I dont know why you have brought Madam Iweala's name to be honest, she is a capitalist, if there is a Biafra nation tomorrow, do you think she will mortgage all her hardwork to relinquish her Delta origin to go with Biafra? Well unless you can pay her 1 and a half times her current salary- Madam thinks in dollar terms only! Madam that does not care if ASUU strike lasts for 2 years knowing fully well that none of her children or their own children will ever attend an higher institution in Nigeria or even more ridiculously in Biafra.

Now can a Biafran intellectual answer my question before Madame Osisi decided to interject.

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by donchris9999: 8:49pm On Oct 18, 2013
Sharrap gorilla! We respect our women, but we disown akwunas like yoruba adulterous women who sleep with their father inlaw. Mojisola, gbenga obasanjo's former wife who slept with her father inlaw is now a celebrated hero in yoruba land. Is that what you call treating women fyn. Women doing prostition,incest and adultery. Tufiakwa. Abomination. Gorrila tribe.
dayokanu:

Whats it with unprovoked attacks on females from people from this side of the country. When they cant face their fellow male they pounce on females in their own group

No wonder most Ibo females now look elsewhere for spouses since na men like this remain
Re: Igbodo Crisis: Obi Osadume Finally Bows To Tradition • Sacks Ibo Wife by oilsuop: 8:49pm On Oct 18, 2013
dayokanu:

They are IKA or whatever they call their tribe

Is it by force to attach yourself to them ni?

What is Rotimi Amaechi? Ibo or Yoruba

Its like asking if Yakubu Aiyegbeni is not Yoruba what is he? Is he not allowed to be Edo or Esan jejely?
rotimi was a name he adopted from his yoruba lecturer in uni port.In the real sense yoruba names does not have any connection with ikwere people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Human-shaped Soapstone Figures In Esie: Work Of Gods Or Man? / Nigerians Are Facing Hardship – Emir Of Zazzau Says / Some Expressions In Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.